2015-2016 Coaching Carousel Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015-2016 Coaching Carousel Thread

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:16 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:presented without comment:
@BruceFeldmanCFB
#NMState shaking up def. staff. Former #BC coach Frank Spaziani may join his old friend Doug Martin as Aggies new DC, source told @FoxSports

I don't think Doug Martin was an old friend of Spaz. I thought he was a suggested hire from GDF... who likely got the name through Logan. Nonetheless, Spaz coaching again makes all the sense in the world as his retirement package from BC has ended (but his wife's spending likely has not).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:31 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:presented without comment:
@BruceFeldmanCFB
#NMState shaking up def. staff. Former #BC coach Frank Spaziani may join his old friend Doug Martin as Aggies new DC, source told @FoxSports

I hope Martin punches him in the face during halftime
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:30 pm

Illinois just fired Bill Cubit... who was the interim head coach last season, went 5-7 and received in December a two year extension.

This is the program that fired Beckham 5 days before the season. Now they fire his replacement days before Spring Practice starts. That said... they just hired a former FB player as AD like a week ago. So, this is essentially him cleaning house immediately. My guess is he knows where he is going with the next coach. Btw... Cubit's buyout was $975,000.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:38 pm

And a couple hours later, Lovie Smith is the head coach.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:52 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:And a couple hours later, Lovie Smith is the head coach.

That's a big time hire for Illinois.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:32 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Great hire if you want to take offense back to the 1950s. Lovie Smith is a horrible coach and I am thrilled that he's gone from the Buccaneers.

Have fun with run, run, pass, punt Illinois. That and his awful Cover 2 scheme that will make Spaz's cushion look agressive
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Great hire if you want to take offense back to the 1950s. Lovie Smith is a horrible coach and I am thrilled that he's gone from the Buccaneers.

Have fun with run, run, pass, punt Illinois. That and his awful Cover 2 scheme that will make Spaz's cushion look agressive

We are talking about Illinois football. Not exactly a Big ten powerhouse.
As for the offense, it depends on who he hires for a coordinator. And, cover 2 works pretty well in college.
but, never lets facts get in the way of your complaining....

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:58 pm

Hansen shut the fuck up
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:00 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Great hire if you want to take offense back to the 1950s. Lovie Smith is a horrible coach and I am thrilled that he's gone from the Buccaneers.

Really? Didn't the Bucs hire Dan Henning's offensive coordinator who did a terrible job at The Ville... destroying what Petrino built and requiring a Herculean effort from Charlie Strong to fix?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:18 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

We are talking about Illinois football. Not exactly a Big ten powerhouse.
As for the offense, it depends on who he hires for a coordinator. And, cover 2 works pretty well in college.
but, never lets facts get in the way of your complaining....

I suffered through 32 games of him. He is a black Frank Spazani.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:21 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Great hire if you want to take offense back to the 1950s. Lovie Smith is a horrible coach and I am thrilled that he's gone from the Buccaneers.

Really? Didn't the Bucs hire Dan Henning's offensive coordinator who did a terrible job at The Ville... destroying what Petrino built and requiring a Herculean effort from Charlie Strong to fix?

The same Dirk Koetter that orchestrated Matt Ryan's offense in Atlanta and the Top 5 offense we had last year? Yes that guy. Offense would've been even better if the D hadn't known the play calls on first and second down.

Some of you are so stupid sometimes it astounds me (I'm not talking about you Hansen).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:13 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

The same Dirk Koetter that orchestrated Matt Ryan's offense in Atlanta and the Top 5 offense we had last year? Yes that guy. Offense would've been even better if the D hadn't known the play calls on first and second down.

Some of you are so stupid sometimes it astounds me (I'm not talking about you Hansen).

Let me point out that you are mocking a college team for hiring a failed pro coach but defending a pro team for hiring a failed college coach.

Ultimately, stupidity is rooting for the Bucs... this coming from a Raider fan. In the history of the Bucs organization, they pretty much have never had a good coach outside of 3 guys who made their name elsewhere and never worked after being fired by the Bucs (Wyche, Dungy, Gruden). So, I think I'll look to another message board poster when it comes to pro coaching evaluations.
Last edited by HJS on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:49 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Let me point out that you are mocking a college team for hiring a failed pro coach but defending a pro team for hiring a failed college coach.

Ultimately, stupidity is rooting for the Bucs... this coming from a Raider fan. In the history of the Bucs organization, they pretty much have never had a good coach outside of 3 guys who made their name elsewhere and never worked after being fired by the Bucs (Wyche, Dungy, Gruden). So, I think I'll look to another message board poster when it comes to pro coaching evaluations.

Tony Dungy called and said he doesn't belong on that list.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:21 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Lovie Smith is a great hire compared to Daz regardless of X's and O's acumen, something that Daz and his offensive mind seem to be lacking dearly.

Daz Acts like a fool on the sidelines and blames 18 year old freshman for his shortcomings after close loses, I bet Smith would never pull that crap. If we are going to lose, I would rather do so with my dignity while also having a big name coach who can recruit off his reputation.

There's way more upside with Daz than Lovie Smith unless Brian Urlacher and the rest of that Bears D has any eligibility left.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:09 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Lovie Smith is a great hire compared to Daz regardless of X's and O's acumen, something that Daz and his offensive mind seem to be lacking dearly.

Daz Acts like a fool on the sidelines and blames 18 year old freshman for his shortcomings after close loses, I bet Smith would never pull that crap. If we are going to lose, I would rather do so with my dignity while also having a big name coach who can recruit off his reputation.

There's way more upside with Daz than Lovie Smith unless Brian Urlacher and the rest of that Bears D has any eligibility left.

The key phrase being "I bet" in regards to Lovie. You have no clue what he has/can/will do in college. Daz as far more upside in college than Lovie Smith, if just because he has been around it his whole life. And please stop with the Addazio acts like a fool on the sideline stuff, that should be the least of everyone's problem (I Guess you would rather have a coach with his head in his hands like :spaz2 )
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu May 26, 2016 10:50 am

Art Briles with a late ticket purchase for the carousel
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 26, 2016 11:14 am

good for them, didn't think baylor had the balls to do it

the report must absolutely destroy him
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu May 26, 2016 11:14 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Art Briles with a late ticket purchase for the carousel

Please hire Babers, imagine Cuse losing their AD and HC in a 2 week period
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu May 26, 2016 12:03 pm

Baylor coaches interviewed girls who complained of assault and their families and then didn't do anything. :bag :bag :bag
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu May 26, 2016 12:09 pm

In the 10 seasons prior to Briles arrival, Baylor football was 29-85. Just sayin'.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 26, 2016 12:13 pm

Pepper also found examples of actions by University administrators that directly discouraged complainants from reporting or participating in student conduct processes, or that contributed to or accommodated a hostile environment. In one instance, those actions constituted retaliation against a complainant for reporting sexual assault.

:suicide :suicide :suicide

http://www.baylor.edu/rtsv/doc.php/266596.pdf
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu May 26, 2016 12:21 pm

In at least one identified instance, the process reflected a failure to conduct appropriate
due diligence and assessment of risk regarding past criminal or student conduct and an
affirmative decision not to seek additional information about an athlete’s prior criminal or
student conduct records.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 26, 2016 11:17 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:In the 10 seasons prior to Briles arrival, Baylor football was 29-85. Just sayin'.

Can we have a football team like Baylor? It's not like Waco is some terrific destination.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri May 27, 2016 6:26 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Can we have a football team like Baylor? It's not like Waco is some terrific destination.

Uhhhhhhhhh I don't think we should be emulating a team whose competitive advantage was "willingness to recruit rapists and cover up their crimes," Eppy
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri May 27, 2016 7:47 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Uhhhhhhhhh I don't think we should be emulating a team whose competitive advantage was "willingness to recruit rapists and cover up their crimes," Eppy

remember that his middlebury diploma carries no pride along with it so he doesn't understand why someone wouldn't strive to be embarrassed of their alma mater
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 27, 2016 7:55 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

remember that his middlebury diploma carries no pride along with it so he doesn't understand why someone wouldn't strive to be embarrassed of their alma mater

Wrong side of the river.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri May 27, 2016 8:02 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Wrong side of the river.

not for microdick. that's his side of the river
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 27, 2016 8:11 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Wrong side of the river.

Sorry. Wrong state.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri May 27, 2016 9:09 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Wrong side of the river.

Sorry. Wrong state.

oh, that's right... his bates diploma
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 27, 2016 9:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Wrong side of the river.

Sorry. Wrong state.

oh, that's right... his bates diploma

You're not-bomber ironically on the right side of a river now.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium