The Diamond Ferri Bowl

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

The Diamond Ferri Bowl

Postby rktbrkr on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:45 am

Somebody will come out with a 4th win!

Diamond is still playing pro football in Canada, eh.
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Re: The Diamond Ferri Bowl

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:53 am

cuse just fired their coach but he's coaching on the sidelines saturday wtf
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:01 am

weve got OSU vs. Michigan up against it. i dont see myself watching this game
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:06 am

Opening line was BC -4.5. It has moved to -3.

Not sure what to make of this one. SU QB Eric Dungey is doubtful for Saturday and SU is 95th in the nation in points allowed. That makes them the worst FBS defense BC has faced this season. However, BC has a long history of not showing up for this game, and Daz can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

If Daz can keep the players focused and motivated, they should win. But I have zero faith in the guy and the holiday isn't going to make it any easier to keep these players on task. I wouldn't blame the players for checking out now. SU wins.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:09 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:cuse just fired their coach but he's coaching on the sidelines saturday wtf

I didn't know this. It would've been addition by subtraction for SU were he not coaching this weekend. But since he will be there, I think this news helps BC marginally.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:13 am

'Cuse have been alright at home this year. We're not winning this game.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:15 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:cuse just fired their coach but he's coaching on the sidelines saturday wtf

I didn't know this. It would've been addition by subtraction for SU were he not coaching this weekend. But since he will be there, I think this news helps BC marginally.

if were talking emotions (i never really know how much to "value" it)

cuse: win one last game for the coach
bc: just lost a "heartbreaker" (ool) against our rival. checked out.

gotta imagine the edge is in cuse's court
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:43 am

So pissed Cuse fired their terrible coach. He was an a-hole. And, they cannot help but get someone better. Cuse is at a similar level as BC... so, I don't see them breaking the bank. But, like BC, there will be a ton of very qualified coaches that slide to them (even in a year with a billion vacancies). For instance, Schiano will land somewhere this year. There is always the next Pete Lembo coming out of the MAC. And, there is always the next hotshot OC like Pete Carmichael around. That said, given Coyle's recent choice of Bryan Harsin at Boise to replace Petersen, my guess is that he will look for someone with local ties... either an alum or someone who grew up in upstate NY.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:44 am

Scott Shafer's text to his players post-firing: "Fight the Good Fight! I love you guys. Let's beat BC and finish this thing with integrity."

Meanwhile I can't help but assume that the BC players are thinking about what stuffing they will be eating Thursday. I probably would be if i were them
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:56 am

So if SU wins the Ferri Bowl then Schaefer's 3 yr record vs Dazz will be

14- 23 vs 17-21 overall
7-17 vs 8-16 ACC

I'd argue that without Murphy and the two other FL 5th year subs who started at BC that Dazzs record would be worse. Without Murphy next Sat could have been the final game for both these coaches
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:01 pm

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:So if SU wins the Ferri Bowl then Schaefer's 3 yr record vs Dazz will be

14- 23 vs 17-21 overall
7-17 vs 8-16 ACC

I'd argue that without Murphy and the two other FL 5th year subs who started at BC that Dazzs record would be worse. Without Murphy next Sat could have been the final game for both these coaches

He gets credit for the transfers it doesn't work like this.

You're going to win asshat of the year, I would know
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:02 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:So pissed Cuse fired their terrible coach. He was an a-hole. And, they cannot help but get someone better. Cuse is at a similar level as BC... so, I don't see them breaking the bank. But, like BC, there will be a ton of very qualified coaches that slide to them (even in a year with a billion vacancies). For instance, Schiano will land somewhere this year. There is always the next Pete Lembo coming out of the MAC. And, there is always the next hotshot OC like Pete Carmichael around. That said, given Coyle's recent choice of Bryan Harsin at Boise to replace Petersen, my guess is that he will look for someone with local ties... either an alum or someone who grew up in upstate NY.

Your obsession with Schiano, in spite of the fact he is not good at coaching, is pretty incredible.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:02 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Opening line was BC -4.5. It has moved to -3.

Not sure what to make of this one. SU QB Eric Dungey is doubtful for Saturday and SU is 95th in the nation in points allowed. That makes them the worst FBS defense BC has faced this season. However, BC has a long history of not showing up for this game, and Daz can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

If Daz can keep the players focused and motivated, they should win. But I have zero faith in the guy and the holiday isn't going to make it any easier to keep these players on task. I wouldn't blame the players for checking out now. SU wins.

How on earth is BC favored to win a conference game? Cuse must be really bad
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:06 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Scott Shafer's text to his players post-firing: "Fight the Good Fight! I love you guys. Let's beat BC and finish this thing with integrity."

Meanwhile I can't help but assume that the BC players are thinking about what stuffing they will be eating Thursday. I probably would be if i were them

this
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Daz's quotes at this press conference are infuriating. I want to be patient with him but are we seriously watching the same games and players?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:17 pm

No way firing a coach helps Syracuse. Demotivating is what it is. This isn't JoePa being shown the door.

Fadule is probably out b/c of concussion protocoll, but I liked the way Smith looked Saturday, to my eyes, he looks like he has shit sh*t together a little more than earlier this season.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:13 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:No way firing a coach helps Syracuse. Demotivating is what it is. This isn't JoePa being shown the door.

Fadule is probably out b/c of concussion protocoll, but I liked the way Smith looked Saturday, to my eyes, he looks like he has shit sh*t together a little more than earlier this season.

I think it would be fitting to end the year with a win with Smith playing QB the whole game and running the offense they put in for Fadule. You know, what half the board was saying should happen from week 4.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:03 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:No way firing a coach helps Syracuse. Demotivating is what it is. This isn't JoePa being shown the door.

I think it would be fitting to end the year with a win with Smith playing QB the whole game and running the offense they put in for Fadule. You know, what half the board was saying should happen from week 4.

Daz should have to donate $1,000 to charity every time Smith lines up under center
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby tailgater94 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:27 am

Let's go Eags! Big money on BC-3 and under 41

BC 20, SU 3
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:38 am

Are we going to start Smith and play him all game?

Otherwise I will find something else to do with my afternoon.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby tailgater94 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:43 am

Smith is starting
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:44 am

SU QB Eric Dungey is out, as well as starting wideout Brisly Estime.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:57 am

tailgater94 {l Wrote}:Smith is starting

Fantastic thank you
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:35 am

Really unfortunate that the defense's effort was wasted this season....so I am hoping for one last huge effort against a mediocre Syracuse offense...maybe even a shutout. I love the Eagles today, but have no idea how much we'll score...could be 10...could be 28....
eagletx
Campion Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium