Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Notre Dame - 11/21/2015

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Notre Dame - 11/21/2015

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:34 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:fwiw ive heard from now a good amount of people (parents, former players, etc) who know players on the team who all have given me the same info...which is that many players hate playing for daz.

though in fairness id imagine the disciplinarian approach comes off particularly bad when youre not winning football games

It's the lack of personal accountability. You can't run half way across the field to yell at a walk on kicker for fucking up a kick everyone knew he was gonna fuck up, and then shit yourself on the clock management 2 minutes later, without ever shouldering a shred of the blame.

You hit the nail on the head. It's why Daz is a loser and JC is not. JC EXPLICITLY REFUSED TO BLAME YOUTH ON THE TEAM'S STRUGGLES at the start of this season, something Daz would die before doing. He has used youth as an excuse all three of his years here.

And Regardless of Daz' potential with this program, which due to his lack of accountability and thus lack of character is most likely 7-6, the way he puts unworthy blame on the players has turned me against him. I thought he was a guy who believe in personal integreity? Clearly he is just an idiotic meat-head who got the interim UF job, Temple job, and BC job due to HORRENDOUS hiring/vetting by the athletic department. I am calling Daz Petey from now on, and no, not in reference to Petey Pablo.

The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by Laurence J. Peter in which the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence."

Spaz is actually a better example of the Peter Principle than Daz IMO. Spaz was a competent if unspectacular DC. Daz, while a slightly less incompetent HC than Spaz, wasn't even a good OC. I do think he'd be a pretty good OL coach/AHC/recruiting coordinator which is likely his next role after BC.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:13 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:also, do the kids still love the whole #dude thing and therefore it's still cool or has the rest of the world finally realized the asinine retardetry of the #dude thing

why don't you head over to bci and ask them yourself?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:31 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:also, do the kids still love the whole #dude thing and therefore it's still cool or has the rest of the world finally realized the asinine retardetry of the #dude thing

why don't you head over to bci and ask them yourself?

i don't have enough musical ability nor do i have enough pride
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:14 pm

GREEN JERSEYS STRIKE AGAIN!!!

ND falls to #6 in the Playoffs.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:57 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:If I played defense for this team, I wouldn't let the offense and the coaches in the locker room.

I still laugh every time I remember the story about the team locking spaz out of the locker room.

I picture him pounding on the door while eating a bear claw. "Yous guys a-better let me in, or theres-a gonna be trouble!"

So can anyone name the player who locked the door and which game was it?
Winner gets a ZIMA Gold imported from Japan.

Foot is ineligible...

it was Luke! can I get the gold zima?

p.s. why is foot ineligible?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:40 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:If I played defense for this team, I wouldn't let the offense and the coaches in the locker room.

I still laugh every time I remember the story about the team locking spaz out of the locker room.

I picture him pounding on the door while eating a bear claw. "Yous guys a-better let me in, or theres-a gonna be trouble!"

Foot is ineligible...

OK you got 1 part of the question...
So what game was it?

Foot is ineligible because I told him the details about this incident at the Esso Club before Clemson game.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:48 pm

NC State
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:31 am

basselope {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Foot is ineligible...

OK you got 1 part of the question...
So what game was it?

Foot is ineligible because I told him the details about this incident at the Esso Club before Clemson game.

2011 season?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ArizonaisforLiars on Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:53 am

basselope {l Wrote}:So what game was it?

Wasn't it the USC game? I think someone that told us about his experience at the game mentioned this tidbit in between feeling up players parents and fielding offers of sexual gratification from co-eds applying sunscreen to each other.
ArizonaisforLiars
Carney Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:06 am

ArizonaisforLiars {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:So what game was it?

Wasn't it the USC game? I think someone that told us about his experience at the game mentioned this tidbit in between feeling up players parents and fielding offers of sexual gratification from co-eds applying sunscreen to each other.

:spaz3 was not the coach of BC in 2013 for the USC game. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium