Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Notre Dame - 11/21/2015

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Notre Dame - 11/21/2015

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:47 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Wow... a 15-page game thread populated by folks who spend most of their time claiming that the ND game means nothing. Would kill for those same folks to show as much interest in a supposedly "more important" game against an ACC opponent. Just saying...

We're all just waiting to renew the rivalry with your alma mater
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:15 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Wow... a 15-page game thread populated by folks who spend most of their time claiming that the ND game means nothing. Would kill for those same folks to show as much interest in a supposedly "more important" game against an ACC opponent. Just saying...

Excellent point.

The only thing worse than the BC coaching staff is the gay ass EO coaching staff. For the love of God, shut the fuck up.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:32 am

The kids played hard.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby branchinator on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:34 am

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:The kids played hard.

Thanks, Spaz.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:49 am

eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:If I played defense for this team, I wouldn't let the offense and the coaches in the locker room.

I still laugh every time I remember the story about the team locking spaz out of the locker room.

I picture him pounding on the door while eating a bear claw. "Yous guys a-better let me in, or theres-a gonna be trouble!"
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:49 am

This place is a real cesspool of hate tonight.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:27 am

First class operation by ND tonight. Classy tribute to Flutie and classy recognition of BC by the ND PAA.
As far as the game went, once again Daz did not have the team ready to play. Smith should have started the game. When he is on the field we have a chance to score on any play. He was 5/6 with 2 td's, one by air and one by land. He is a playmaker and he can throw the ball. He threw a perfect down and out ball, but they never went back to that play. Alston touched the ball once. How do you not throw him a screen pass and short passes out of the backfield??? Sure T Smith dropped a TD pass, but he blew by the defense with his speed, but did we go back to him in single coverage again??? Daz did a great job finding these guys, but he needs to hire an OC as good as Don Brown and BC will be very good the next few years. This wasting of time outs, going turtle after scoring on the previous possession will not produce wins.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:30 am

Was at a dinner at a restaurant with no tvs. Then caught the last 10 minutes at a bar after.

Just read the thread. Seems like if Smith started and we still had FHCRD, BC wins this game and probably 4 others this year.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:54 am

lol

dude
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:12 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Excellent point.

The only thing worse than the BC coaching staff is the gay ass EO coaching staff. For the love of God, shut the fuck up.

The Clemson thread was 17 pages, so not really a great point. Don't let facts get in the way though.

And no, because there is no way some of these players would see the field if I were pulling the strings, so go fuck yourself you jerk. Learn how to take a joke. If you're still taking this team seriously then it's your fault.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:20 am

gameday threads for road games are usually much longer because the people who are posting aren't at the games.

but don't let that stop the agenda
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:02 am

Fenway was actually a pretty good place to watch a football game. Not sure why they had both teams on the same side; looked like there was plenty of room on the first base side.
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:23 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Excellent point.

The Clemson thread was 17 pages, so not really a great point. Don't let facts get in the way though.

And no, because there is no way some of these players would see the field if I were pulling the strings, so go fuck yourself you jerk. Learn how to take a joke. If you're still taking this team seriously then it's your fault.

I said shut the fuck up.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:30 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Fenway was actually a pretty good place to watch a football game. Not sure why they had both teams on the same side; looked like there was plenty of room on the first base side.

The first Fenway outdoor hockey game seems to have turned into an annual affair. Assuming the high school games and the BC game were profitable / a success, is it possible that the Fenway folks would be open to an annual Fenway football weekend?

If so, I say BC should jump on this. Last night's capacity of 38.6K isn't that far off from Fenway and would have room to spare from our current average.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:58 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Excellent point.

I still take this team seriously but I like BC football.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:27 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Fenway was actually a pretty good place to watch a football game. Not sure why they had both teams on the same side; looked like there was plenty of room on the first base side.

When Holy Cross is back to having enough FCS scholarships, it would seem natural. But I don't know if BC wants to play an FCS game in November.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:31 pm

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Back when we were winning 8, 9, 10 games a year and competing for conference titles, ND was the 9th most important game of the season. At 2-8 going into last night, if you had told me we would split our final 2....yeah, I'd have taken a win over #4 ND on national TV at Fenway over beating Syracuse.

I still can't believe I saw a fucking head coach get a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty that turned a crucial 3rd and 6 into 3rd and 21. I can't believe we got a delay of game on a 2 point conversion. I have never seen either of those things in all my years of watching football.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:38 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Excellent point.

I said shut the fuck up.

Something I've said that isn't correct? A majority of people on EO are a smart enough not to pay $400 to watch a 3-9 BC team play a game, hence why the thread is longer.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:54 pm

honestly the worst part about this is that we all know addziani will never bring us to an acc title and were going to have to sit through years of him not doing so

when/if the talent arrives on offense, his clock management will cost us games we can't afford to lose to win our division
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:52 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Back when we were winning 8, 9, 10 games a year and competing for conference titles, ND was the 9th most important game of the season. At 2-8 going into last night, if you had told me we would split our final 2....yeah, I'd have taken a win over #4 ND on national TV at Fenway over beating Syracuse.

I still can't believe I saw a fucking head coach get a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty that turned a crucial 3rd and 6 into 3rd and 21. I can't believe we got a delay of game on a 2 point conversion. I have never seen either of those things in all my years of watching football.

Does anyone know what in the fuck Dazoo was complaining about that got him a penalty? I mean... act like that against VT when we were getting raped by the officials. Perhaps it was a season's worth of frustration. Best I can tell is that he wasn't told there was a penalty and was freaking out thinking they said Dudeck was out of bounds.

The 2-point conversion penalty was really on Smith. Unlike Wake, he had the play... it just took him a millennium to get the team lined up. He then took forever to snap it. Perhaps he was just gassed from running 80-yards. In that case you swap in Fadule or call a timeout.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:34 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:

Does anyone know what in the fuck Dazoo was complaining about that got him a penalty? I mean... act like that against VT when we were getting raped by the officials. Perhaps it was a season's worth of frustration. Best I can tell is that he wasn't told there was a penalty and was freaking out thinking they said Dudeck was out of bounds.

The 2-point conversion penalty was really on Smith. Unlike Wake, he had the play... it just took him a millennium to get the team lined up. He then took forever to snap it. Perhaps he was just gassed from running 80-yards. In that case you swap in Fadule or call a timeout.

Swapping in Fadule is a bad idea. We've seen how well yo-yoing QBs in and out has worked.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:43 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:Who is out for BC tonight besides the obvious ones like Wade, Moore and Hilliman?

Outlow.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:56 pm

Overall, I'd say this Shamrock Series event at Fenway was an embarrassment to BC. When it was first scheduled, I tried to look at the positives - away game without the travel hangover making a victory more likely - but it was not worth it.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:17 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Overall, I'd say this Shamrock Series event at Fenway was an embarrassment to BC. When it was first scheduled, I tried to look at the positives - away game without the travel hangover making a victory more likely - but it was not worth it.

Were you there? I'd be interested to know what it was like.

No agenda here I promise
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:36 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Overall, I'd say this Shamrock Series event at Fenway was an embarrassment to BC. When it was first scheduled, I tried to look at the positives - away game without the travel hangover making a victory more likely - but it was not worth it.

No agenda here I promise

I did not go. The night before I almost pulled the trigger on a $165 SRO ticket, but decided against it.

I can't imagine USC would ever agree to a Shamrock Series at Dodger Stadium with all of that ND pageantry. It just perpetuates the BC "small-time" problem.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby basselope on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
eaglesfan06 {l Wrote}:If I played defense for this team, I wouldn't let the offense and the coaches in the locker room.

I still laugh every time I remember the story about the team locking spaz out of the locker room.

I picture him pounding on the door while eating a bear claw. "Yous guys a-better let me in, or theres-a gonna be trouble!"

So can anyone name the player who locked the door and which game was it?
Winner gets a ZIMA Gold imported from Japan.

Foot is ineligible...

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:37 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

No agenda here I promise

I did not go. The night before I almost pulled the trigger on a $165 SRO ticket, but decided against it.

I can't imagine USC would ever agree to a Shamrock Series at Dodger Stadium with all of that ND pageantry. It just perpetuates the BC "small-time" problem.

I think the choice is play ND like this or insert generic MAC team here. I'd prefer to play ND at Fenway but can see the other side.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

No agenda here I promise

I think the choice is play ND like this or insert generic MAC team here. I'd prefer to play ND at Fenway but can see the other side.

Notre Dame is required to play BC and all other ACC teams, as part of the ACC deal. Five ACC teams per year. Since BC was the away team for this game, the option for BC was Fenway or South Bend. Next time we are the away team against ND, I vote South Bend.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:15 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

No agenda here I promise

Notre Dame is required to play BC and all other ACC teams, as part of the ACC deal. Five ACC teams per year. Since BC was the away team for this game, the option for BC was Fenway or South Bend. Next time we are the away team against ND, I vote South Bend.

Incorrect (or at least I think). This Shamrock Series is a one-off game not part of the ACC deal. I kept hearing Meter say this all week and I wanted to slap him through the radio. ND is required to play 5 ACC games a year, they played 6 this year. Check the 2014 and 2016 schedules, ND only has 5 ACC teams.

I could be wrong here but I'm 99% sure of this. Based on it your choice was ND at Fenway or another lovely Brad Bates OOC opponent.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:28 pm

As someone who doesn't give a crap about Fenway, I think it was good playing them in Fenway. It rekindled some level of local interest in what is a lost season. No one in Boston gives a flying fuck about BC unless we are holding the #2 BCS ranking hostage or knocking off a #1. I also can assure that this is the last Shamrock Series where they schedule a team to be played in their backyard. On TV the crowd sounded like it was 1/3 BC. Not much home field advantage there. Simply... BC wins if we had a real OC or even just Day. Or if the goddamn QB coach just fucking knew its own motherfucking personnel.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium