Mizzou

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Mizzou

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:24 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:ahana still exists and they all live in the black dorm - the gate

never went in there once during my time at bc

Is that dorm officially designated as some kind of special interest housing or is it more of an unwritten rule?

Also, where did the name "the gate" come from? I just recently read about This being the unofficial name for Thayer Hall.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:36 am

Chicken Patties {l Wrote}:If I go on a hunger strike can we stop playing Dudeck and Callahan? Maybe I'll aim high and we can settle on that.

I don't care enough about this team to skip a meal.

The "racial things" in the 90's that ATL refers to could not have been more contrived with an electrified contriving machine. It was some of the worst protesting I've seen. It was completely incoherent with scattershot demands and poorly-defined goals. People didn't know whether to support the protestors or heckle them because nobody knew what the hell they wanted. It fizzled out in 1996 due to boredom and indifference.[/quote]

It has been 20 years. Others can fill in their respective memories. This is what I remember...

When I was a freshman ('94-'95) one of the UGBC campaigns used a slogan: "Bringing UGBC back to you!" At the time UGBC had a African American president. People found this offensive and I think it sparked a big UGBC presidential turnout where five people voted instead of the usual four.

There was also a African American student protest group that called themselves the Fist or Da Fist. I cannot recall what sparked their formation. There was some sort of racial graffiti on one of the girl floors on Newton. I don't remember what it was or if it was offensive. But I know that the someone called a meeting in the lounge and some of these freshman girls naively showed and got yelled at by Fist members trying to find out who did it. I don't remember if anything ever came of it.[/quote]
Will Dorcena was UGBC president in 94-95. He is not African-American.[/quote]

Someone should tell his sister Linda that.[/quote]
i should ban you for how poorly you quoted. just what in the fuck are you trying to say?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:42 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:ahana still exists and they all live in the black dorm - the gate

Is that dorm officially designated as some kind of special interest housing or is it more of an unwritten rule?

Also, where did the name "the gate" come from? I just recently read about This being the unofficial name for Thayer Hall.

:hansen

maybe the fact that it's located right next to the gates by st. ignatius :shrug

btw getting back on topic, here's the cv for the professor asking for 'muscle' to get media out

her educatiion history reads exactly as you would imagine https://communication.missouri.edu/site ... or_web.pdf
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:59 am

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:19 am

the gate came from it not having a name forever waiting for someone to sponsor it id imagine

as to when ahana began to have exclusive access to the newest lower dorm, i dont have the answer to. dont all ahana students get 4 years of housing? it probably started bc they were all on campus as juniors whereas everybody else was off, so they got the top/only pick times
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:21 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

:hansen

maybe the fact that it's located right next to the gates by st. ignatius :shrug

btw getting back on topic, here's the cv for the professor asking for 'muscle' to get media out

her educatiion history reads exactly as you would imagine https://communication.missouri.edu/site ... or_web.pdf

When your CV is 11 pages long, you haven't done shit.

Ph.D., February 2009 Communication, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Dissertation: It’s ‘a good thing’: The commodification of
femininity, affluence and whiteness in the Martha Stewart
phenomenon.

What is the Martha Stewart phenomenon and does it inclulde hors d'oeuvres because some of those recipes on Martha's website are damn good, there I said it.

PS - Shut up, hansen, did you really have to ask that question?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:15 pm

The gate is not exclusively for minorities. It has the reputation of being the dorm where all the minorities live, so there is a large amount of self-selection going on, but anyone can live there if they pick it in the housing lottery.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby mario14b on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:32 pm

I lived in the gate (we also just called it SIG) in 2005/06. There were mostly white people living there from what I remember.

You used to be able to get onto the roof of SIG by holding down a combination of elevator buttons that somehow allowed you to access the mechanical level. Once you got up there, you'd climb a ladder and open up a hatch to access the roof. This was one of those things you think would be cool to do when you're really drunk (I'm glad no one died). Is this still a thing or did BC figure out people were doing this and "fix" the elevators?
mario14b
n00b

Postby gallopingghost on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:46 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Surprise surprise, it looks like the poopstica was a hoax. It turns out that there is no photographic evidence nor is there anybody that actually saw it. The RA that publicized it never actually saw it but found out about it by a flyer that was posted in the dorm. http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/10/was ... iant-hoax/

It turns out that there have been many poop swastika incidents in school bathrooms on the internet.

Did anything happen to the drunk student that allegedly yelled racist stuff at the black student organization? Was it ever corroborated?

Nothing has ever been corroborated. But do you really think that a drunk who yelled racist stuff to a group of blacks would actually be able to walk away?

Question: If I take a poop and it comes out in the form of a swastika, does that make me a racist? Where is Tonto when I need him?
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:55 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:... But do you really think that a drunk who yelled racist stuff to a group of blacks would actually be able to walk away?

yes. rex kramer did it decades ago
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:59 pm

yes, it is not only ahana.

but it has become a self perpetuating machine.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:19 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:... But do you really think that a drunk who yelled racist stuff to a group of blacks would actually be able to walk away?

yes. rex kramer did it decades ago

:kudos
:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:29 pm

mario14b {l Wrote}:I lived in the gate (we also just called it SIG) in 2005/06. There were mostly white people living there from what I remember.

You used to be able to get onto the roof of SIG by holding down a combination of elevator buttons that somehow allowed you to access the mechanical level. Once you got up there, you'd climb a ladder and open up a hatch to access the roof. This was one of those things you think would be cool to do when you're really drunk (I'm glad no one died). Is this still a thing or did BC figure out people were doing this and "fix" the elevators?

Sleep Is Good?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:42 pm

If I recall correctly, that tyrannical 94/95 UGBC regime also spent their entire event money allotment on Bill Bellamy. I remember Fist existing and I remember them on the floor during a basketball game, and I remember some dude from the Sachem district on Lon Guyland (which is where logitano will send his little Jets fans to school) imploring the admin for an all-black dorm.

I blame Huang and hansen for all of it.

I am staggered that I was on campus at the same time as TRE.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:44 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:.

I am staggered that I was on campus at the same time as TRE.

i was not on campus for the 94/95 year with the exception of the notre dame football game. i had put that place in my rear view mirror and didn't look back as the fucking nerds took over and ruined everything that was once beautiful

that said, you may very well have kissed my brother's weener (transitively or directly) as he arrived on campus the same time that i left
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:25 pm

Sadly for Boston College University, ND will not be wearing green jerseys, as they are contractually obligated to Under Armour to wear their ridiculous Shamrock Series jerseys.

Plus, Pat Dillingham isn't starting for them, so we have no chance.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:49 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Sadly for Boston College University, ND will not be wearing green jerseys, as they are contractually obligated to Under Armour to wear their ridiculous Shamrock Series jerseys.

You know that ND's Shamrock Series jerseys for this game are green.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:07 pm

They used the Josh Ott card last weekend.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:47 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Sadly for Boston College University, ND will not be wearing green jerseys, as they are contractually obligated to Under Armour to wear their ridiculous Shamrock Series jerseys.

You know that ND's Shamrock Series jerseys for this game are green and ugly as fuck.

Fixed

P.s. Underarmour Never, adidas forever

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Chicken Patties on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:05 pm

i should ban you for how poorly you quoted. just what in the fuck are you trying to say?[/quote]

Cut me some slack, I haven't posted in like 3 years. I knew his sister at BC, she looked African-American to me. Also, I believe it was a Nice and Smooth concert. If I remember correctly, one of the 2 never showed up.
Chicken Patties
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:30 pm

tyrant {l Wrote}:
Chicken Patties {l Wrote}:i should ban you for how poorly you quoted. just what in the fuck are you trying to say?

Cut me some slack, I haven't posted in like 3 years. I knew his sister at BC, she looked African-American to me. Also, I believe it was a Nice and Smooth concert. If I remember correctly, one of the 2 never showed up.

:shrug
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:37 pm

So did ConcernedStudent1950 or whatever dubbed him/herself the Emperor of Black People? And the Mizzou president had to "apologize"?

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:17 pm

Now Ithaca students want their President to resign. http://www.ithacajournal.com/story/news/local/2015/11/11/hundreds-plan-walk-out-ithaca-college/75570208/

This is where things really start to get comical and you see if any of these schools have a backbone. Yale can certainly appease unhappy students and still thrive. The name and Ivy association will keep it elite and with a strong student body for at least another 20 years and probably longer (depending on what trends happen with higher education).

Mizzou is the flagship campus of a big state school system. They will survive with plenty of applicants, grants and state money.

Ithaca and other expensive northeast private schools are in a much more precarious position. All in tuition and room and board is probably close to 60k annually. Their endowment is small (270M). They really cannot afford to buy out a university president. They cannot afford to piss off their heavily white alumni. And as ambitious as they might try to make their student body, it is always going to attract white upper middle class students from the northeast corridor. If the Ithaca board forces this guy out, they are clearly not looking at the big picture.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:50 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Now Ithaca students want their President to resign. http://www.ithacajournal.com/story/news/local/2015/11/11/hundreds-plan-walk-out-ithaca-college/75570208/

This is where things really start to get comical and you see if any of these schools have a backbone. Yale can certainly appease unhappy students and still thrive. The name and Ivy association will keep it elite and with a strong student body for at least another 20 years and probably longer (depending on what trends happen with higher education).

Mizzou is the flagship campus of a big state school system. They will survive with plenty of applicants, grants and state money.

Ithaca and other expensive northeast private schools are in a much more precarious position. All in tuition and room and board is probably close to 60k annually. Their endowment is small (270M). They really cannot afford to buy out a university president. They cannot afford to piss off their heavily white alumni. And as ambitious as they might try to make their student body, it is always going to attract white upper middle class students from the northeast corridor. If the Ithaca board forces this guy out, they are clearly not looking at the big picture.

New rule: You can't demand resignation of your university president without presenting a qualified replacement who wants the job.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:53 pm

the liberal universities brought this upon themselves
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Talon's Logo on Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:54 pm

Chicken Patties {l Wrote}:i should ban you for how poorly you quoted. just what in the fuck are you trying to say?

Cut me some slack, I haven't posted in like 3 years. I knew his sister at BC, she looked African-American to me. Also, I believe it was a Nice and Smooth concert. If I remember correctly, one of the 2 never showed up.[/quote]

Will Dorcena is not African American. His sister Linda Dorcena Forry is not African American either.
Talon's Logo
n00b

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Talon's Logo {l Wrote}:
Chicken Patties {l Wrote}:

Will Dorcena is not African American. His sister Linda Dorcena Forry is not African American either.

FWIW, wikipedia says that she is of Haitian decent. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Dorcena_Forry I don't know Will but I do remember that people deemed the slogan offensive.
Last edited by ATLeagle on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:55 pm

Talon's Logo {l Wrote}:

HAHAHAAHA. Yes, it was Nice N' Smooth. I think Smooth didn't show up and some dude got shot in the leg. Heady times, lads. Heady times.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby StratEagle on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:15 am

The gate is probably the nicest dorm on campus but the rooms have no kitchen so all the kids that stick with the freshman/sophomore meal plans when they're upper classmen have to take it, while the other kids prefer having the kitchen.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Talon's Logo on Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:28 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
Talon's Logo {l Wrote}:
Chicken Patties {l Wrote}:

FWIW, wikipedia says that she is of Haitian decent. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Dorcena_Forry I don't know Will but I do remember that people deemed the slogan offensive.

Haiti is thousands of miles from Africa.
Talon's Logo
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium