CFP Rankings: A ND Conspiracy?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: CFP Rankings: A ND Conspiracy?

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm smelling green unis in two weeks.

Damn, they already have throwbacks? Oh well.

we all know how well that worked for them the last time they pulled that shit on us. :D
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:42 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:BC 2- ND 0

Field will be flooded due to higher than usual rainfall and an issue with Fenway drainage. Landry gets a safety after a botched punt.

I've seen some bad BC teams beat more talented notre dame teams in the past so in my mind anything is possible. I'm hoping that over the course of the next two weeks our OL learns how to run block. That combined with a good defensive effort and the euphoria of playing a big name opponent in Fenway park might just be enough to pull out the upset.

Always believe in BC. :screamyeagle

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:06 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Field will be flooded due to higher than usual rainfall and an issue with Fenway drainage. Landry gets a safety after a botched punt.

I've seen some bad BC teams beat more talented notre dame teams in the past so in my mind anything is possible. I'm hoping that over the course of the next two weeks our OL learns how to run block. That combined with a good defensive effort and the euphoria of playing a big name opponent in Fenway park might just be enough to pull out the upset.

this is the sort of attitude that's led to so many holes in so many walls of so many places you've lived
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:51 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm smelling green unis in two weeks.

Damn, they already have throwbacks? Oh well.

we all know how well that worked for them the last time they pulled that shit on us. :D

The idea of throwbacks has Hep-stein bonerized because if they're wearing throwbacks that means that we're pretending that we are not in the dreaded year three of Addazio's tenure which everyone including Addazio knew was going to be a horrible year with the cupboard being bare and all so if it's "not" year three then the offensive line will be good seeing as how BC is o-line U and Addazio's "three yards and a cloud of dust" strategy will be the bee's knees and wearing throwback unis will take away the current injury problems since the game will be taking place in a time before the injuries occurred and the quarterback situation will solve itself because the Jeff Smith playing at Fenway will not be the current Jeff Smith but instead the Reggie Bush 2.0 guy and the Flutie playing will not be Troy but the bestest holder in the world Billy.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:26 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

this is the sort of attitude that's led to so many holes in so many walls of so many places you've lived

Hansen likes glory holes?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:29 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

He's talking about me kicking holes in the wall.
I do NOT like gloryholes.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:30 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:38 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

He's talking about me kicking holes in the wall.
I do NOT like gloryholes.

he tolerates them but he doesn't like them
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:48 pm

This whole ND thing sets up a potential real test for the CFP committee's own stated criterion that an independent or conference non-champion can only be included in top 4 only if the independent or conference non-champion is unequivocally superior (to a conference champion)....so an undefeated OK St. and an undefeated Iowa theoretically would have to warrant consideration over the Irish, even if the Irish win out...now maybe the committee thinks ND is so unequivocally superior. But I'd love to see the Irish screwed on the last committee determination ...make them reconsider their hallowed independence.....
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:01 pm

Conferences are some of the most corrupt organizations anywhere. Quite frankly, people should be championing Notre Dame's struggle to remain independent. BC's schedules were certainly a lot more interesting before they joined the Big East and the novelty of the ACC has almost completely worn off. Would love to see Texas bail on the Big 12--I have it on good authority that is a very active discussion and if they do, Oklahoma is definitely going to bail as well.

Conferences are fine for basketball and other sports that nobody gives a shit about, but the day is coming soon when schools like Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Florida State and others look around and realize they can make a lot more money as independents. The whole ESPN paying what have become completely inorganic constructs like the Big 12, ACC, Big Integer and Pac 12 massive amounts of cash for television rights is going the way of the Dodo bird, killed off by the coming a la carte television revolution. The ESPN wing of the Disney Empire is already a drag on what is an overall incredibly well-run and profitable business and don't think Iger isn't aware. It is more likely that the conference structure in college football implodes to be replaced by a 64 team pool of teams playing for the national championship and getting paid both as a member of that group and for the independent money they can generate airing their games than it is that Notre Dame will join a dinosaur football conference. To some degree, it will be the old CFB system that was around in the 80s, only with the conferences completely dead.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:57 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:The ESPN wing of the Disney Empire is already a drag on what is an overall incredibly well-run and profitable business and don't think Iger isn't aware.

Lemme guess, the conference structure implodes just in time for Iger to leverage his recently acquired ownership stake in the Chargers/Raiders into a joint ventrue with the NFL Network and Apple (where Iger is a director) to broadcast college football?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:57 pm

With Stanford and Temple losing, ND's SOS takes a hit, opening the door for someone to assume the 4th playoff spot.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:06 pm

Hey Dick, the odds of BC filling in the corners are much greater than the conferences dissolving!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:46 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:With Stanford and Temple losing, ND's SOS takes a hit, opening the door for someone to assume the 4th playoff spot.

Yes, but with Utah and UCLA also losing the Pac 12 is practically eliminated. Which means ND would only need to jump one P5 instead of two. BIG and SEC are locks. ND is in if it wins out and Clemson stumbles or the Big 12 gets sloppy.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:58 am

i dont think a 11-1 ND gets in over a 12-1 clemson with a loss against UNC...or even a 12-1 UNC with a win over clemson
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:15 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i dont think a 11-1 ND gets in over a 12-1 clemson with a loss against UNC...or even a 12-1 UNC with a win over clemson

i disagree 100%

the other conferences are just begging for a reason to say "SEE!??!?! we told you the acc was shit. kick them OUT of the playoffs"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:21 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i dont think a 11-1 ND gets in over a 12-1 clemson with a loss against UNC...or even a 12-1 UNC with a win over clemson

i disagree 100%

the other conferences are just begging for a reason to say "SEE!??!?! we told you the acc was shit. kick them OUT of the playoffs"

i just find it hard to believe theyd let a 11-1 team in ahead of a 12-1 team when the 11-1 lost to the 12-1.

that said its too bad well never know because the sarge is gonna lead us to a rocketship win over them on saturday
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:24 pm

Just wanted to point out that I kind of nailed this one. ND's surprising placement at #5 to in the first CFB Ranking did indeed set the stage for them to rise immediately into the Top 4. But their road was almost impossible and the drop out of the top 4 was really inevitable. This was a tease by the committee. Let ND taste a top 4 ranking late in the season, and then make it abundantly clear to them that there is almost no chance they get in with a loss and no conference championship.

As far as I can tell, ND's slim path back into the top 4 would require some combination of the following:
- ND beats Stanford and Stanford goes on to win the Pac12. Going to be a tough road if Stanford also loses in the Pac12CG.
- Jump the ACC --> really only if Clemson loses to UNC in the ACCCG.
- Jump the SEC --> really only if #11 Florida loses to FSU this week and then beats Alabama in the SECCG.
- Jump the BIG --> really only a 2-loss Michigan wins the BIG after beating a 1-loss Iowa in the BIGCG. 1-loss MSU, Ohio St, or Iowa all beat out ND.
- Jump the Big12 --> probably only if Oklahoma St wins the Big12 (would require OKST beating OU and Baylor losing to either TCU or Texas).

Not promising. The likeliest of those scenarios is UNC beating Clemson. But even then, UNC might get in over Clemson. UNC at #14 will jump at least 4 spots with a win over NCST (4 games between the 13 teams above them). A #10 UNC at beating #1 Clemson in the ACCCG might mean 12-1 ACC Champ gets in over 11-1 ND.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:27 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Just wanted to point out that I kind of nailed this one. ND's surprising placement at #5 to in the first CFB Ranking did indeed set the stage for them to rise immediately into the Top 4. But their road was almost impossible and the drop out of the top 4 was really inevitable. This was a tease by the committee. Let ND taste a top 4 ranking late in the season, and then make it abundantly clear to them that there is almost no chance they get in with a loss and no conference championship.

As far as I can tell, ND's slim path back into the top 4 would require some combination of the following:
- ND beats Stanford and Stanford goes on to win the Pac12. Going to be a tough road if Stanford also loses in the Pac12CG.
- Jump the SEC --> really only if #11 Florida loses to FSU this week and then beats Alabama in the SECCG.
- Jump the BIG --> really only a 2-loss Michigan wins the BIG after beating a 1-loss Iowa in the BIGCG. 1-loss MSU, Ohio St, or Iowa all beat out ND.
- Jump the Big12 --> probably only if Oklahoma St wins the Big12 (would require OKST beating OU and Baylor losing to either TCU or Texas).

Not promising. The likeliest of those scenarios is UNC beating Clemson. But even then, UNC might get in over Clemson. UNC at #14 will jump at least 4 spots with a win over NCST (4 games between the 13 teams above them). A #10 UNC at beating #1 Clemson in the ACCCG might mean 12-1 ACC Champ gets in over 11-1 ND.

They have only themselves to blame. No excuse for them losing to us by only 3 points. A supposed top 4 team should be able to blow the doors off us considering how anemic our offense is.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:49 am

ND would still be 4 walrus, if they had shown up Saturday Night and not embarrassed themselves.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:31 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Just wanted to point out that I kind of nailed this one. ND's surprising placement at #5 to in the first CFB Ranking did indeed set the stage for them to rise immediately into the Top 4. But their road was almost impossible and the drop out of the top 4 was really inevitable. This was a tease by the committee. Let ND taste a top 4 ranking late in the season, and then make it abundantly clear to them that there is almost no chance they get in with a loss and no conference championship.

I think I speak for myself, Comic Book Guy, and Bumblebee Man when I say update the preseason prediction thread, Mr. Walrus.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

I think I speak for myself, Comic Book Guy, and Bumblebee Man when I say update the preseason prediction thread, Mr. Walrus.

Yeah, sorry, been (mercifully) on vacation lately. The plan is to update that tedious thread today...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium