Season MVP?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Season MVP?

Postby rktbrkr on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:26 am

Still some important games to go but here are the leaders IMO
Luke
Gunnell
Harris
Shinski

Luke's numbers have been out of sight, now he's added a pick6. The offensive players have had up and down games, with some VERY down games for the offense.

Uncle Dave's had a couple "F" games but he's also had some "B"s and I think overall the QBing has been better year than last.

Looking back on the season so far with all the injuries and illness I think BC might have won the ND game with Herzy on the field. Hopefully he'll be back in good heath and full strength to team with Boy Wonder for an out of sight LB corps. It would be nice if a passrush developed magically!
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Re: Season MVP?

Postby apbc12 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:29 am

I would put Harris at the top of the list, followed by Gunnell and Kuechly.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:30 am

1. Montel
2. Luke

3. Everyone else.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby janebc on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:32 am

1) Harris
2) Luke
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby joemack13 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:02 pm

it's definitely between harris and keuchly. gunnel has an argument. it's crazy that you have shinski on that list
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby BC14Texas13 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Unsung hero? Claiborne. His emotion on the oline turned the offense around this year.
BC14Texas13
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:08 pm

Quigley has been the best and most consistent player in the team this year, I'd say Kuechly second. Montel has has a couple of really rough days, and in two games he could have salted away, he ran out of bounds against Wake and fumbled against ND.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:47 pm

Shinskie shouldn't even be considered. Harris all the way.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby AguilaFan on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:51 pm

janebc {l Wrote}:1) Harris
2) Luke

Second
AguilaFan
Carney Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:58 pm

it's crazy that you have shinski on that list

I'm not saying Shinski's the best player on the team, just in consideration for most valuable because of the position he plays. He's had some bad games, just like Harris, but he has come along pretty quickly and the team is stronger at QB than last year. If we were talking about best player we'd have to add Costanzo and Tennent.

Agreed Claiborne got the team a little fired up.
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:03 pm

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:

I'm not saying Shinski's the best player on the team, just in consideration for most valuable because of the position he plays. He's had some bad games, just like Harris, but he has come along pretty quickly and the team is stronger at QB than last year. If we were talking about best player we'd have to add Costanzo and Tennent.

Tennant does lead the team in stupid personal fouls, with McLaughlin a close second.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCFAN94 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:12 pm

I'd say Kuechly. He has shown up in every game and doesn't quit until the clock shows zero.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:17 pm

Rich Gunnell is the MVP. It isn't even close.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby apbc12 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:11 pm

According to the stats on the ACC website, Kuechly not only leads the conference in total tackles (94), he also has 58 solo tackles. More than six per game. That's incredible. By way of comparison, the next closest player in solo tackles is Matt Daniels at Duke, who has 37 in 8 games.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:13 pm

janebc {l Wrote}:1) Harris
2) Luke

Yes.

I think Luke has played so well that he could be 1 with the ND fumbles.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Quigley has been the best and most consistent player in the team this year, I'd say Kuechly second. Montel has has a couple of really rough days, and in two games he could have salted away, he ran out of bounds against Wake and fumbled against ND.

+1
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby janebc on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:33 pm

Shinskie is certainly not an MVP, but I will give him kudos nonetheless...he stepped into a very tough situation and played quite well for a first year QB. I think he certainly has potential...
janebc
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCWest on Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:15 pm

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:Still some important games to go but here are the leaders IMO
Luke
Gunnell
Harris
Shinski

Luke's numbers have been out of sight, now he's added a pick6. The offensive players have had up and down games, with some VERY down games for the offense.

Uncle Dave's had a couple "F" games but he's also had some "B"s and I think overall the QBing has been better year than last.

Looking back on the season so far with all the injuries and illness I think BC might have won the ND game with Herzy on the field. Hopefully he'll be back in good heath and full strength to team with Boy Wonder for an out of sight LB corps. It would be nice if a passrush developed magically!

Shinskie is not top 5.

Luke and Harris are deserving and clearly the MVPs on each side of the ball.
BCWest
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:20 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:
rktbrkr {l Wrote}:Still some important games to go but here are the leaders IMO
Luke
Gunnell
Harris
Shinski

Shinskie is not top 5.

Luke and Harris are deserving and clearly the MVPs on each side of the ball.

Add Quigley in as ST MVP and I think this is set. Although there is an argument on offense for Gunnell. Or Gunnell and Larmond as a pair.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:36 pm

I was worried at the beginning of the season when Gunnell wasn't doing much but he has really come on lately. That being said Harris is offensive MVP. Luke is the clear defensive MVP although both safeties deserve mention. Quigley has been amazing and is the special teams MVP. After watching BC games and then NFL games, Quigley outpunts some of the punters in the NFL.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCGoldenEagles on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:01 pm

Luke would be my season MVP. The guy is a monster.
BCGoldenEagles
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:12 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:I was worried at the beginning of the season when Gunnell wasn't doing much but he has really come on lately. That being said Harris is offensive MVP. Luke is the clear defensive MVP although both safeties deserve mention. Quigley has been amazing and is the special teams MVP. After watching BC games and then NFL games, Quigley outpunts some of the punters in the NFL.

Gunell is the offensive MVP followed by Harris and Shinskie, Larmond is a great weapon but has a long way to go as a WR as far as drops, running routes, etc. The Oline has been AWESOME against bad teams and HORRIBLE against good teams.

On D, its Keuchly, without a question. The Dline sucks, and Gause sucks, but the LBs and other Dbacks have been great.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:24 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:I was worried at the beginning of the season when Gunnell wasn't doing much but he has really come on lately. That being said Harris is offensive MVP. Luke is the clear defensive MVP although both safeties deserve mention. Quigley has been amazing and is the special teams MVP. After watching BC games and then NFL games, Quigley outpunts some of the punters in the NFL.

Gunell is the offensive MVP followed by Harris and Shinskie, Larmond is a great weapon but has a long way to go as a WR as far as drops, running routes, etc. The Oline has been AWESOME against bad teams and HORRIBLE against good teams.

On D, its Keuchly, without a question. The Dline sucks, and Gause sucks, but the LBs and other Dbacks have been great.

Not sure what you have been watching, but Gunnell has as many drops as Larmond. Larmond is usually the wide open guy watching the ball sail 20 feet over his head, in case you get him confused.

Larmond is a superstar waiting for a QB. He is always open. ALWAYS. I think Rich Gunnell is awesome, but he isn't half as talented as Larmond. Larmond is the first legit NFL WR I have seen at BC since Kelvin Martin.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EIConvert on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
rktbrkr {l Wrote}:

Tennant does lead the team in stupid personal fouls, with McLaughlin a close second.

Its abmazing how these guys could manage to take that award away from Ramella.
EIConvert
Carney Hall

Postby EIConvert on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:32 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Rich Gunnell is the MVP. It isn't even close.

Stop it, will ya. Gunnell's aways been a favorite of mine, none more than Matty Ice's last season. But he's only recently shown up for the season. His first 5-6 games this year were surprisingly quiet. Now he's on fire.
EIConvert
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:35 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Not sure what you have been watching, but Gunnell has as many drops as Larmond. Larmond is usually the wide open guy watching the ball sail 20 feet over his head, in case you get him confused.

Larmond is a superstar waiting for a QB. He is always open. ALWAYS. I think Rich Gunnell is awesome, but he isn't half as talented as Larmond. Larmond is the first legit NFL WR I have seen at BC since Kelvin Martin.

And before you say something stupid, which is inevitable, I already gave Gunnell a nod for runner up in the offensive MVP. I just haven't seen Larmond drop any more balls than Gunnell. In fact, I usually see both making great catches.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EIConvert on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Larmond has real talent. That said, there's no excuses for him quitting on several balls this year
EIConvert
Carney Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:39 pm

If MVP means players we just would be screwed to be without, then Harris and Shinskie. We have no back-up for either. If it's the best player game in and game out then Kuechly.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby EIConvert on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

Larmond has real talent. That said, there's no excuses for him quitting on several balls this year
EIConvert
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:41 pm

EIConvert {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:

I can only remember one. That said, I couldn't blame him if he is quitting on balls. He's usually wide open and the ball is usually no where near where he is headed. Yesterday was a ridiculous example of this. I know there was wind, but Shinskie missed him by 10 yards on three separate deep routes where he was the only guy around.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium