Season MVP?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Season MVP?

Postby Eagledom on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
EIConvert {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:I was worried at the beginning of the season when Gunnell wasn't doing much but he has really come on lately. That being said Harris is offensive MVP. Luke is the clear defensive MVP although both safeties deserve mention. Quigley has been amazing and is the special teams MVP. After watching BC games and then NFL games, Quigley outpunts some of the punters in the NFL.

Gunell is the offensive MVP followed by Harris and Shinskie, Larmond is a great weapon but has a long way to go as a WR as far as drops, running routes, etc. The Oline has been AWESOME against bad teams and HORRIBLE against good teams.

On D, its Keuchly, without a question. The Dline sucks, and Gause sucks, but the LBs and other Dbacks have been great.

Not sure what you have been watching, but Gunnell has as many drops as Larmond. Larmond is usually the wide open guy watching the ball sail 20 feet over his head, in case you get him confused.

Larmond is a superstar waiting for a QB. He is always open. ALWAYS. I think Rich Gunnell is awesome, but he isn't half as talented as Larmond. Larmond is the first legit NFL WR I have seen at BC since Kelvin Martin.

Larmond has real talent. That said, there's no excuses for him quitting on several balls this year

I can only remember one. That said, I couldn't blame him if he is quitting on balls. He's usually wide open and the ball is usually no where near where he is headed. Yesterday was a ridiculous example of this. I know there was wind, but Shinskie missed him by 10 yards on three separate deep routes where he was the only guy around.
you have officially become hJS. Congrrats. must be proud.

the only overthrown balls were due to a 25 mph wind, Shinskie threw everyrhing else perfectly.. And you are such a great evaluator of talent - tuggle and haden, anyone?

Larmond has great talent on the deep route but that is only 1/4 of what a receiver does. going over the middle, catching tough balls, there is a lot more that a very very talented larmond has to learn. talented? hell yeah. but he has a long way to go, you are awed by talent and have no clue about actual game playing skill,
You are so dense that you don't even understand that Shinskie may be the 3rd best QB that BC has ever had in a year or two. you are too blinded by your foolish love for the D2 QB that just transferred.

larmond is a HUGE deep threat...thats all he is right now. the fact that you think he is more valuable than gunnell at tis point is futher evidence of your ignorance
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:13 pm

I also think Shinskie is really developing quickly. I think we can be scary good next year like ACC title, BCS and Top 10 good. With a year under his belt, I see a Shinskie that is among the top 10 QB's in the nation, a Montel that is among the top 10 RB;s, a good receiving corp and another good/great D with Kuechly and hopefully Herzy. Do we have any good RB's coming in as a recruit as a back-up to Harris or is Finch our hope? We also need a fullback unless McCluskey develops more quickly.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:19 pm

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:I also think Shinskie is really developing quickly. I think we can be scary good next year like ACC title, BCS and Top 10 good. With a year under his belt, I see a Shinskie that is among the top 10 QB's in the nation, a Montel that is among the top 10 RB;s, a good receiving corp and another good/great D with Kuechly and hopefully Herzy. Do we have any good RB's coming in as a recruit as a back-up to Harris or is Finch our hope? We also need a fullback unless McCluskey develops more quickly.

what? no way? we won't have tuggle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby weinerdog on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:30 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:According to the stats on the ACC website, Kuechly not only leads the conference in total tackles (94), he also has 58 solo tackles. More than six per game. That's incredible. By way of comparison, the next closest player in solo tackles is Matt Daniels at Duke, who has 37 in 8 games.

Anyone notice THIS? http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/soloTackles?
"...and, more importantly, me."
--Gene DeFilippo, January 7, 2009.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Postby RyanBC on Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:55 am

joemack13 {l Wrote}:it's definitely between harris and keuchly. gunnel has an argument. it's crazy that you have shinski on that list

i would phrase it that gunnell is starting to have an argument. he was on fire @ ND and for CMU. :elephant :elephant
RyanBC
Carney Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:45 am

Luke really would have gotten the spotlight if his almost INT with 3 mins left in the ND game hadn't been overruled and BC had scored the game winner after that. How many stars was he in the recruiting HS recruiting process?
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:40 am

weinerdog {l Wrote}:
apbc12 {l Wrote}:According to the stats on the ACC website, Kuechly not only leads the conference in total tackles (94), he also has 58 solo tackles. More than six per game. That's incredible. By way of comparison, the next closest player in solo tackles is Matt Daniels at Duke, who has 37 in 8 games.

Anyone notice THIS? http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/defense/sort/soloTackles?

Thanks. If we are just learning about these stats then where the heck is our Athletic Dept in promoting this kid? This info. needs to be sent out to all the major media outlets.
This kid is a first team All-American right now. There should be no freshman bias but he will probably get overlooked. Tebow won the Heisman as a Sophomore and so did Bradford. I think Hershal Walker may have been an All-American as a Freshman but I can't recall one recently although I'm sure there has been one.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:28 am

weinerdog {l Wrote}:

Wow. So Keuchly for DPOY?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:32 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
weinerdog {l Wrote}:

I doubt it - 1 pick and no sacks. First team all ACC, but not DPOY
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:55 am

you're all the wrong. the season MVP is Dom Davis' departure. If he doesn't leave, he's the starter by default and the staff doesn't realize he's the wrong guy for the job until week 6, then Tuggle is plugged in and more of the same awfulness occurs. Harris maybe has 550 yards at this point in the season and Andre Ware's prediction is more of a reality.

I don't honestly believe he's the "MVP", but an honorable mention was in order. :cheer
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:09 am

heh
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:14 am

I like the Dom Davis comment, but I still say Gunnell. If it's 4th down and 17 yards to go, and the game is on the line (miss it and the game is over) Shinskie is throwing to just one player and that's Rich Gunnell. I think the main reason why we didn't see so much the first 6 games was because we didn't know who the QB was until game 4.

Luke is a close second to Gunnell.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:14 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
weinerdog {l Wrote}:

Seriously? Do you think about what you write before you start typing? You just got through saying how the Dline sucks and now you are complaining the kid has no sacks. Tell me, how is Kuechly going to get sacks when he stays in coverage? They haven't blitzed a whole hell of a lot so he's not going to have that opportunity. How about his tackles for losses? That'll be a better indicator. Speaking of which, your Dline that sucks comment is comical, Albright was third or so in the ACC in the tackles for a loss category.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:19 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
weinerdog {l Wrote}:

Seriously? Do you think about what you write before you start typing? You just got through saying how the Dline sucks and now you are complaining the kid has no sacks. Tell me, how is Kuechly going to get sacks when he stays in coverage? They haven't blitzed a whole hell of a lot so he's not going to have that opportunity. How about his tackles for losses? That'll be a better indicator. Speaking of which, your Dline that sucks comment is comical, Albright was third or so in the ACC in the tackles for a loss category.

douchebag - I'm not complaing one bit about Keuchly. I am explaining why he won't be voted DPOY.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:22 am

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
weinerdog {l Wrote}:

douchebag - I'm not complaing one bit about Keuchly. I am explaining why he won't be voted DPOY.

No, you may not have been complaining but your analysis is flawed as usual. You were complaining about the Dline and again it was a bullshit complaint.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:27 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
weinerdog {l Wrote}:

No, you may not have been complaining but your analysis is flawed as usual. You were complaining about the Dline and again it was a bullshit complaint.

wtf are you talking about? wtf does any of this have to do with the Dline. And no, my complaint about the Dline was not "bullshit"..their lack of ability to generate pressure is the defense's biggest weakness.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:44 am

1981Eagle {l Wrote}:I also think Shinskie is really developing quickly. I think we can be scary good next year like ACC title, BCS and Top 10 good. With a year under his belt, I see a Shinskie that is among the top 10 QB's in the nation, a Montel that is among the top 10 RB;s, a good receiving corp and another good/great D with Kuechly and hopefully Herzy. Do we have any good RB's coming in as a recruit as a back-up to Harris or is Finch our hope? We also need a fullback unless McCluskey develops more quickly.

I am very upset at this quote, for the reason being is that I thought I was the President of the Shinksie Fan Club.

I totally agree with you, though I might add the disclaimer that "he might be" and then all that good stuff.

Just think about what the next year will have for Uncle Dave.

1. An entire extra month of practice because we will be going to a bowl. If we were terrible this year,that is something he would have missed out on.

2. Spring practice - again something he missed out on this year.

3. Summer practice as the starter.

I really can see good things happening for him next year.

My only concern is 3 out of our top 4 WRs are graduating. That is worrying. Hopfully Colin L will really emerge next year and Shakim P. can step in as the other starter.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:46 am

[
douchebag - I'm not complaing one bit about Keuchly. I am explaining why he won't be voted DPOY.[/quote]

No, you may not have been complaining but your analysis is flawed as usual. You were complaining about the Dline and again it was a bullshit complaint.[/quote]

wtf are you talking about? wtf does any of this have to do with the Dline. And no, my complaint about the Dline was not "bullshit"..their lack of ability to generate pressure is the defense's biggest weakness.[/quote]

The Defensive line does not suck, sure they are challenged at the pass rush but the defense is 2nd in the ACC against the run. The defensive line does a pretty darn good job against the rush.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:47 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:My only concern is 3 out of our top 4 WRs are graduating. That is worrying. Hopfully Colin L will really emerge next year and Shakim P. can step in as the other starter.

Just remembered that we do have two other FR WR (Coleman, Lee) plus Flutie and Momah. Not sure on all their status' off the top of my head.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:48 am

For all on the hate Spaz bandwagon (and I have been a critic as well), you have to give him credit for picking up Shinskie in the off-season. We would be dead without him. He makes mistakes but I see him maturing quickly.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:33 pm

how'd that work in the cornfield?

Well... Gunnell did catch the ball.

Shinskie just fucked up a couple plays later. Of course, I'm not saying Shinskie is the MVP. I am saying Gunnell is.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium