Okechukwu Okoroha suspended

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Okechukwu Okoroha suspended

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:23 am

Violation of team rules. Someone contact ESPNBoston since it is clear BC doesn't know how to cater to 4-stars.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Re: Okechukwu Okoroha suspended

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:57 am

Ugh! Any news why?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:48 am

Midseason so it is unlikely academics. That leaves a whole list of other things. No idea what but it will probably leak out.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:59 am

We can live without him this season but we will have depth issues next season and will need him.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:02 am

Hopefully he'll be fine by next season. He wouldn't sniff the field on defense this year anyway.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:04 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Hopefully he'll be fine by next season. He wouldn't sniff the field on defense this year anyway.

He's been on the two deep most of the year
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:05 am

:seanwilliams ?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:06 am

Really? Apologize for my ignornace there I almost never look at the 2-deep.

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Hopefully he'll be fine by next season. He wouldn't sniff the field on defense this year anyway.

eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:14 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Really? Apologize for my ignornace there I almost never look at the 2-deep.

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I'm not really calling you out on it or anything, because just going from memory, you are right that he really isn't getting on the field. But he was the backup plan should something happen (until now).
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bcaddict on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:54 pm

he's played a couple series about every game and has been in on special teams as well. so, he's actually played quite a bit for a RSF.
bcaddict
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:11 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Really? Apologize for my ignornace there I almost never look at the 2-deep.

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Maybe you ought to look at the field. He's played in a bunch of games.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:24 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Ugh! Any news why?

smoking the herb? just a guess
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:38 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Ugh! Any news why?

smoking the herb? just a guess

That was my guess too. If it is weed, I hope he will be back by Maryland.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Are colleges allowed to drug test?

If a player who was thinking about transferring flunked a drug test would it be better for him to quit the team rather than be suspended and then start looking for a new team? Maybe this guy, Haden & Tuggle all went up in smoke at the same time?
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:18 pm

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:Are colleges allowed to drug test?

If a player who was thinking about transferring flunked a drug test would it be better for him to quit the team rather than be suspended and then start looking for a new team? Maybe this guy, Haden & Tuggle all went up in smoke at the same time?

Yes because that makes a lot more sense for Haden and Tuggle than simply not liking the new system.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCFAN94 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Yes because that makes a lot more sense for Haden and Tuggle than simply not liking the new system.

Not saying that they got caught doing something at all but just curious of what your theory is as to why they quit mid season?
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:01 pm

He killed Baldwin.

He has to pay.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:11 pm

I really hope this doesn't lead to a transfer.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eaglefanhilbillyland on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:35 pm

billy bennet mustve been back on campus
eaglefanhilbillyland
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

yes, because they sucked due to the SYSTEM!. It was the SYSTEM dammit!!!!!! thats the only reason Tuggle and Haden struggled. That damn SYSTEM!!!!!
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:26 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not saying that they got caught doing something at all but just curious of what your theory is as to why they quit mid season?

I thought I made it quite obvious. When Tuggle was in the QB mix, the spread was an option. Now it is clearly not. BC is a mudder now. Hence the two spread guys leave. Pretty simple.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:28 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

yes, because they sucked due to the SYSTEM!. It was the SYSTEM dammit!!!!!! thats the only reason Tuggle and Haden struggled. That damn SYSTEM!!!!!

Put Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin in a pro style offense and see what happens. Because that is precisely what Spaz would do, while going 9-3 with Florida. But that would exceed expectations for you I am sure.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 1981Eagle on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:41 pm

Jags sold O-squared the weed. It's Jags fault.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCLou on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:06 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Put Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin in a pro style offense and see what happens. Because that is precisely what Spaz would do, while going 9-3 with Florida. But that would exceed expectations for you I am sure.

Spaz knows better than that. He'd convert Harvin to a DB and utilize Tebow's arm strength as a long snapper.
BCLou
Carney Hall

Postby Eagledom on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

now I get it. Tuggle = Tebow and Haden = Harvin. Shit, Jeff Smith was in the wrong system too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

We'll never agree on this, but Haden simply is not the superstar you think. Harris is better- Haden left, in large part, because he was never going to be the man. At Florida, at Boise, at WVU, anywhere, Harris is the better football player. Haden could have been used better- he could have been a game-breaker. At the same time, other than the occasional game (extremely occasional, like once every 3 or 4 games) Haden didn't do anything that justified his potential.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby TampaDoubleEagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:10 am

Tebow and Harvin in a pro-style offense would still destroy defenses. And there's absolutely no comparison between Tuggle and Tebow, nor between Haden and Harvin.

Teddy is beginning to act as if his brain is stuck inside Teddy's skull in that freezer in Arizona. Reason has disappeared from his analysis.
TampaDoubleEagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:27 am

I was a littled puzzled by the timing of them both leaving. Misused or not, walking out right in the middle of a season is quitting, unless there were other circumstances or you really wanted to make a statement.

I have to disagree with the mis-used comment. I know Haden was super quick and fast but he would have most likely been hit and tackled in the spread too and may have even taken more devistating hits in the open field. He probably would have suffered these injuries in that offense too.

As far as Tuggle, yes he was misused by being put at the QB position. He's not a QB in any offense or at any 1A school. He can't see the field and he throws like a girl.

Tebow and Harvin? What? First it was Slaton, now he's friggin Percy Harvin? Percy Harvin would be a star in just about any position on any football field, in any offense at any level. Tebow would be the same. Tuggle and Haden, who may be nice kids and all but they are not half the athletes of Tebow and Harvin.

I hope you are just arguing for the sake of the argument because although that is kind of douchey, it would at least mean you are not on crack.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:07 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:I was a littled puzzled by the timing of them both leaving. Misused or not, walking out right in the middle of a season is quitting, unless there were other circumstances or you really wanted to make a statement.

I have to disagree with the mis-used comment. I know Haden was super quick and fast but he would have most likely been hit and tackled in the spread too and may have even taken more devistating hits in the open field. He probably would have suffered these injuries in that offense too.

As far as Tuggle, yes he was misused by being put at the QB position. He's not a QB in any offense or at any 1A school. He can't see the field and he throws like a girl.
Tebow and Harvin? What? First it was Slaton, now he's friggin Percy Harvin? Percy Harvin would be a star in just about any position on any football field, in any offense at any level. Tebow would be the same. Tuggle and Haden, who may be nice kids and all but they are not half the athletes of Tebow and Harvin.

I hope you are just arguing for the sake of the argument because although that is kind of douchey, it would at least mean you are not on crack.

This is the same Tuggle, mind you, that won the starting job and kept it after two starts until that disaster at Clemson where no one, not even the almighty Uncle Dave, could do anything. BC is going in a different direction with the type of offense they are running and Tuggle does not fit that system so leave it at that. Unless you have broken down the film from all of his games and have analyzed all the snaps he took, you have no business proclaiming that Tuggle is not a QB in any Division 1A school. It just makes you sound like a bigger fucking idiot than you already are.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby bcfan85 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:24 am

Everyone's inability to see Haden and Tuggle living up to their potential in the spread is reminiscent of Crane and Cesspool being interchangeable.
bcfan85
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium