Okechukwu Okoroha suspended

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Okechukwu Okoroha suspended

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:44 am

Ohoroha suspension thread turns into Tuggle/Haden convo - nice.

The Tuggle and Haden departures are a result of both talent limitations and misuse. We can debate the contribution percentages all we want, but at the end of the day it's all moot. Also, I believe I was the first to mention Slaton. If you read what I actually wrote, I never compared Haden to Slaton, but rather the way a small and quick back may best be used. I don't believe people were actually comparing Haden to Harvin either.

None of it really matters. We've reached our goal for the season. Exceed media expectations and get bowl eligible. That's all that matters.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:13 am

Jesus I never thought I'd say this but I agree with you. Tuggle had no clue what was going on and I'm just sold on Haden.

bcfan85 {l Wrote}:Everyone's inability to see Haden and Tuggle living up to their potential in the spread is reminiscent of Crane and Cesspool being interchangeable.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:16 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:I was a littled puzzled by the timing of them both leaving. Misused or not, walking out right in the middle of a season is quitting, unless there were other circumstances or you really wanted to make a statement.

I have to disagree with the mis-used comment. I know Haden was super quick and fast but he would have most likely been hit and tackled in the spread too and may have even taken more devistating hits in the open field. He probably would have suffered these injuries in that offense too.

As far as Tuggle, yes he was misused by being put at the QB position. He's not a QB in any offense or at any 1A school. He can't see the field and he throws like a girl.
Tebow and Harvin? What? First it was Slaton, now he's friggin Percy Harvin? Percy Harvin would be a star in just about any position on any football field, in any offense at any level. Tebow would be the same. Tuggle and Haden, who may be nice kids and all but they are not half the athletes of Tebow and Harvin.

I hope you are just arguing for the sake of the argument because although that is kind of douchey, it would at least mean you are not on crack.

This is the same Tuggle, mind you, that won the starting job and kept it after two starts until that disaster at Clemson where no one, not even the almighty Uncle Dave, could do anything. BC is going in a different direction with the type of offense they are running and Tuggle does not fit that system so leave it at that. Unless you have broken down the film from all of his games and have analyzed all the snaps he took, you have no business proclaiming that Tuggle is not a QB in any Division 1A school. It just makes you sound like a bigger fucking idiot than you already are.

Look Einstein, the guy was comparing Haden to Percy Harvin and Tuggle to Tim Tebow, so, I may have added a little color to make by point. However, I will be absolutely shocked if Tuggle is ever a starting QB at the 1A level in any offensive scheme. I don't need to break down the 100 plays he may have played in against the weakest competition BC faced to say he's not a 1A QB. Maybe if you typed the f word a couple of more times you would be a bigger internet genius and tough guy.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:29 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:I was a littled puzzled by the timing of them both leaving. Misused or not, walking out right in the middle of a season is quitting, unless there were other circumstances or you really wanted to make a statement.

I have to disagree with the mis-used comment. I know Haden was super quick and fast but he would have most likely been hit and tackled in the spread too and may have even taken more devistating hits in the open field. He probably would have suffered these injuries in that offense too.

As far as Tuggle, yes he was misused by being put at the QB position. He's not a QB in any offense or at any 1A school. He can't see the field and he throws like a girl.
Tebow and Harvin? What? First it was Slaton, now he's friggin Percy Harvin? Percy Harvin would be a star in just about any position on any football field, in any offense at any level. Tebow would be the same. Tuggle and Haden, who may be nice kids and all but they are not half the athletes of Tebow and Harvin.

I hope you are just arguing for the sake of the argument because although that is kind of douchey, it would at least mean you are not on crack.

This is the same Tuggle, mind you, that won the starting job and kept it after two starts until that disaster at Clemson where no one, not even the almighty Uncle Dave, could do anything. BC is going in a different direction with the type of offense they are running and Tuggle does not fit that system so leave it at that. Unless you have broken down the film from all of his games and have analyzed all the snaps he took, you have no business proclaiming that Tuggle is not a QB in any Division 1A school. It just makes you sound like a bigger fucking idiot than you already are.

Look Einstein, the guy was comparing Haden to Percy Harvin and Tuggle to Tim Tebow, so, I may have added a little color to make by point. However, I will be absolutely shocked if Tuggle is ever a starting QB at the 1A level in any offensive scheme. I don't need to break down the 100 plays he may have played in against the weakest competition BC faced to say he's not a 1A QB. Maybe if you typed the f word a couple of more times you would be a bigger internet genius and tough guy.

This is where you don't get it. He played well enough in game 1 and game 2 (better than the current QB) to merit starts in games 2 and 3 so he couldn't have been that bad. To say that he's not good enough to play in any D1 scheme is moronic, you are not qualified to make that assessment.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:33 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

This is where you don't get it. He played well enough in game 1 and game 2 (better than the current QB) to merit starts in games 2 and 3 so he couldn't have been that bad. To say that he's not good enough to play in any D1 scheme is moronic, you are not qualified to make that assessment.

I may be alone in this regard, but I still feel like the broken rib was the reason Tuggle was given the early starts. If you're really going to use the numbers from NE and KSU as reasons why JT deserved to start, I'm not sure I can help you.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:44 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I haven't compared him to Shinskie, nor have I said that I think Shinskie is any great QB either, so yes, I don't get your argument. Qualified or not in your opinion, I gave my opinion from my observations of the kid. I have been involved with football in one way or another for about 25 years either playing, coaching kids and watching and based on that experience and seeing Tuggles throwing motion, nervousness/indecision on the field, he always seemed to be a step behind the play even for a new guy.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby eaglefanhilbillyland on Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:47 pm

tuggle was a logan project from day 1...logan thought he may develop into something if he was given time to work with him. That being said when logan left, and we went with the drop back passer route, there wasnt a spot for him. Will he catch on at another d1a school, I dont know it all depends if someone is willing to take a chance on him. haden still baffles me
eaglefanhilbillyland
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:36 pm

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:Are colleges allowed to drug test?

If a player who was thinking about transferring flunked a drug test would it be better for him to quit the team rather than be suspended and then start looking for a new team? Maybe this guy, Haden & Tuggle all went up in smoke at the same time?

yes, athletes get tested at random by both the NCAA and BC. fail a BC test = bad, fail a NCAA test = ur fxcked.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium