Someone do me a favor re: EagleAction

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Someone do me a favor re: EagleAction

Postby Nate2651 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:44 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Did TGOSB fire Hoff? If so, why?

I just brought this up in another thread and would love to hear this story. Some on EA speculated that it was because Hoff was very critical of Dazz and thats where Farrell gets all his recruiting tidbits from. They hired that goofball Gethin Coolbaugh to replace him. Gethin's 1st message board discussion was "Should BC hire Mark Richt"? HAHAHAHAHAH. Hoping 247 or someone hires Hoff so we can at least get a little news still.
Nate2651
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:44 pm

does hoff like tubasteaks smothered in underwear?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:33 pm

Nate2651 {l Wrote}:

I just brought this up in another thread and would love to hear this story. Some on EA speculated that it was because Hoff was very critical of Dazz and thats where Farrell gets all his recruiting tidbits from. They hired that goofball Gethin Coolbaugh to replace him. Gethin's 1st message board discussion was "Should BC hire Mark Richt"? HAHAHAHAHAH. Hoping 247 or someone hires Hoff so we can at least get a little news still.

hoff was the only paid writer who was somewhat critical of daz. the only one who actually called out daz on his excuse making (and praised jimmy mac for doing the opposite).

interestingly enough, the hardest on daz this season was the student reporter. i thought i remember reading that they're no longer on speaking terms
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:58 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Nate2651 {l Wrote}:

hoff was the only paid writer who was somewhat critical of daz. the only one who actually called out daz on his excuse making (and praised jimmy mac for doing the opposite).

interestingly enough, the hardest on daz this season was the student reporter. i thought i remember reading that they're no longer on speaking terms

Can you gold hoarding Scrooge mcducks use some of that EO Google Adsense money to hire one of these guys?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:11 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Nate2651 {l Wrote}:

Can you gold hoarding Scrooge mcducks use some of that EO Google Adsense money to hire one of these guys?

no
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Nate2651 {l Wrote}:

Eric is a good guy and will find a new spot. EA sucks without him and has always been a mouth piece for the Football staff. The only time they weren't was during Jags' time. Even with Spaz they held the company line longer than any other outlet. Hell, the message board schism started because EA didn't allow criticism of TOB and "recruits read these boards." Like many coaches before him, Daz is very thin-skinned.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:31 pm

it takes spending 2 minutes with the sgt. to realize hes much thinner skinned than the kids he berates every day
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:34 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:it takes spending 2 minutes with the sgt. to realize hes much thinner skinned than the kids he berates every day

you made teh juice with him?*

*This is a sex joke because popular culture holds that people routinely laugh at the notion that men usually last only two minutes before orgasm.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:32 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Nate2651 {l Wrote}:

It cracks me up thinking about a millionaire grown-ass man being hectored by a 20 year old "journalist" working for the school newspaper.

Does Daz also have a beef with the yearbook staff and the captain of the math club?
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:11 am

Poster A - Schiano at RU would eat Daz's lunch recruiting NJ
Poster B - Everyone is eating Daz's lunch
MF - "talking about lunch makes me hungry"
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:47 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:it takes spending 2 minutes with the sgt. to realize hes much thinner skinned than the kids he berates every day

*This is a sex joke because popular culture holds that people routinely laugh at the notion that men usually last only two minutes before orgasm.

It's considerate of you to self roethlisberger for hansens sake
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:57 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

*This is a sex joke because popular culture holds that people routinely laugh at the notion that men usually last only two minutes before orgasm.EST

fixed
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:07 pm

did tgosb or any of the whalepants comment on hoff leaving?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:10 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:did tgosb or any of the whalepants comment on hoff leaving?

Yes. They said it's just a change in direction. They seem to have two new people writing.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:08 am

if they wanted a full on :cheer , they got it with this dope gethin
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:14 am

FYI Eric is now an approved EO poster. I look forward to Daz contacting TRE about banning him here too.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:27 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:FYI Eric is now an approved EO poster. I look forward to Daz contacting TRE about banning him here too.

When I saw the new screen name,l I thought this guy joined:

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:28 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:FYI Eric is now an approved EO poster. I look forward to Daz contacting TRE about banning him here too.

Great news! I liked his work before I left TOS.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:57 am

i'd probably miss the email among all the spam sent to tobaccoroadeagle@yahoo.com

that said, it would be an interesting phone call that at some point would likely include a threat of a belly-to-back suplex
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:22 am

the fact that somebody in the football program contacted EA to kick him OUT of EA for being hard on a winless in conference team is hilarious.

win a fucking game dickbags
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:55 am

What he said ^^^

I for one welcome our new 1982 Pontiac Trans Am driving overlord
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:58 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:the fact that somebody in the football program contacted EA to kick him OUT of EA for being hard on a winless in conference team is hilarious.

funny thing is I can't really remember his criticisms. Now TGOSB is firing shots at Addazio in a way he never did with Spaz or TOB (he did do so with Jagzzzz), so I'm confused.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:17 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:the fact that somebody in the football program contacted EA to kick him OUT of EA for being hard on a winless in conference team is hilarious.

funny thing is I can't really remember his criticisms. Now TGOSB is firing shots at Addazio in a way he never did with Spaz or TOB (he did do so with Jagzzzz), so I'm confused.

i never go to EA, as I was born in the EI years, i just heard that he was forced out bc of his criticism and someone at BC told EA to can him. if nobody knows ill do some digging to try to find out who it was. wouldnt shock me if it was the sgt.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:22 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

i never go to EA, as I was born in the EI years, i just heard that he was forced out bc of his criticism and someone at BC told EA to can him. if nobody knows ill do some digging to try to find out who it was. wouldnt shock me if it was the sgt.

go nuts, I'm sure you're right as the paid messageboarding business is sadder than what I imagine eaglekeeper to be, I just don't remember the offending CONTENT.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:26 am

with the caveats that i don't pay for tos (why pay for CONTENT when more news is broken here than anywhere else? to read the merrymen & crew? i'll pass) but his basketball articles were free, i remember him taking small shots at how daz was a rolodex of excuses and compared it to how Christian is treating his young kids
Last edited by claver2010 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:29 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:with the caveats that i don't pay for tos (why pay for CONTENT when more news is broken here than anywhere else? to read the merrymen & crew? i'll pass) but his basketball articles were free, i remember him taking small shots at how daz was a rolodex of excuses and compared it to how Christian is treating his young kids

here we go:

After a year of constantly bringing up youth, inexperience and injuries Addazio has apparently made the transition to endorse how good his team is instead of making excuses for them and why they are losing. It might be a refreshing thing for some BC fans to hear albeit too little too late. After a 3-9 season all of the chips will be on the table when Addazio his 4th year at the Heights next season. BC just finished its first season ever with a winless conference record and the worst losing streak since Jimmy Carter was President of the United States. If things get off to a bad start next year fans aren't going to want to hear that his team is too young or hear about how some of the players they were counting on unexpectedly transferred in the offseason (stay tuned for this). Addazio will need to channel whatever magic he had in his first two years at BC or the program might roll back down the hill and be exactly where it was three years ago at this time.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:37 am

That's not even really that bad. At least the emperor still has some clothes in that version of the story.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 31southst on Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:17 am

I'd argue Hoff was the best guy covering BC that doesn't work for the Heights. He wasn't even that hard on Addazio, who clearly has thin skin and reads message boards. I feel like Daz's press conference post FSU was responding to EO's game thread.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:00 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:I'd argue Hoff was the best guy covering BC that doesn't work for the Heights. He wasn't even that hard on Addazio, who clearly has thin skin and reads message boards. I feel like Daz's press conference post FSU was responding to EO's game thread.

I only read a few of his free posts on EA but I agreed with most of what he wrote and thought he was fairly insightful.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:00 pm

doesnt daz refuse to talk to the kid from the heights bc he criticized him?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium