Someone do me a favor re: EagleAction

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Someone do me a favor re: EagleAction

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:31 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Simmonaa again:

Good Win
BC has been really bad on the road in the last year and a half. This was the best they have looked on the road in a while.

And for everyone whining that we didn't hang 50 on them, all of their blowout losses have been on the road. In fact, I am pretty sure this was their biggest home loss of the year

These crack me up. Thanks for sharing.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:42 pm

Good Win
BC has been really bad on the road in the last year and a half. This was the best they have looked on the road in a while.

And for everyone whining that we didn't hang 50 on them, all of their blowout losses have been on the road. In fact, I am pretty sure this was their biggest home loss of the year

:81
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Good Win

Top-notch logic. Because over the past couple years we have been SOOOOOOOOOO bad on the road, a unremarkable performance deserves praise.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:01 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Re: Montel Harris continues to impress

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hes gotta work on his speed and hell be a late 1st rounder.

:koolaid

It's always very funny in march/april each year when some of the more optimistic posters claim the Albrights and Scafes of the world are a lock for a later round pick.

I'm no scout, but I actually think Scafe has a chance in rounds 5-7. :shrug

Scaife will get drafted as a 3-4 end. I agree with your round assessment.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:14 pm

From Greenarthur:

Re: Shoulda, Coulda, woulda...I know, but
Amazing how we are looking at the probabilities now when most were ready to fire everybody a short week ago. 4-4 from where we started looks pretty good right now. What's better is our future looks pretty good as well. The freshman from last year look like beasts out there and can only get better.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMcG on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:29 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:From Greenarthur:

Re: Shoulda, Coulda, woulda...I know, but
Amazing how we are looking at the probabilities now when most were ready to fire everybody a short week ago. 4-4 from where we started looks pretty good right now. What's better is our future looks pretty good as well. The freshman from last year look like beasts out there and can only get better.

This sentiment sounds familiar. Only getting better...

BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:56 am

I am sure it is all...

"Spaz is likely to pull out a bowl game this year. LOL!!!! And to think... a bunch of you scared little girls were panicking so bad that you were actually considering FIRING him!!! TFF. Really... the coaching staff has done an amazing job and should be given extensions. This is a very well-coached team."

The best thing is that those fools are fluffing Commish as being one our best coaches. Seriously. How can they spend so much time following a sport they know so little about???
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:58 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I am sure it is all...

"Spaz is likely to pull out a bowl game this year. LOL!!!! And to think... a bunch of you scared little girls were panicking so bad that you were actually considering FIRING him!!! TFF. Really... the coaching staff has done an amazing job and should be given extensions. This is a very well-coached team."

The best thing is that those fools are fluffing Commish as being one our best coaches. Seriously. How can they spend so much time following a sport they know so little about???

Jesus Christ, who said that?
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:03 am

No one said it. It is just a charicture based on the compilation of comments that are apparently being posted daily over there. The next step will be calling those who always believed in Spaz "True Fans" and those who aren't happy with 6-6 "Wah-wahs".
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:13 am

Why I LIke this Team and it's Coach by Bantameagle

"I bought season tickets this year for the first time. I traveled from Georgia to see the Notre Dame Game. I left my remaining season tickets with my Sophomore son to give away or sell as he saw fit before leaving for my return trip to Atlanta. I thought our quarterback and offensive line situation was hopeless. I had never seen such anemic play by our kick return team. Our Defensive backs could not stop anyone. The highlight of the day was when the Eagle was let loose prior to the game starting.

Think about it, everything has changed. Now we complain that we do not let the quarterback pass enough. Our offensive line is dominating the other team's on game ending drives. Our kick returners are making it to our 30 yard line. Our defensive backs grab four interceptions. And our linebackers are insanely good.

We can belittle our team, but we can not dispute the team's improvement. What is more, we are ridiculously young!

When analyzing Spaz, understand one thing. He is not an O'Brien disciple. He is a man who idolizes Coach Paterno. What we are seeing is a program that is being built around the Penn State model. I can live with that. Great offensive lines, great linebackers, good running backs and solid quarterback play. Oh, and do not forget, a no none sense attitude from the coach and his players. The guy has had less than two years. Just you wait."
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:19 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Why I LIke this Team and it's Coach by Bantameagle

"I bought season tickets this year for the first time. I traveled from Georgia to see the Notre Dame Game. I left my remaining season tickets with my Sophomore son to give away or sell as he saw fit before leaving for my return trip to Atlanta. I thought our quarterback and offensive line situation was hopeless. I had never seen such anemic play by our kick return team. Our Defensive backs could not stop anyone. The highlight of the day was when the Eagle was let loose prior to the game starting.

Think about it, everything has changed. Now we complain that we do not let the quarterback pass enough. Our offensive line is dominating the other team's on game ending drives. Our kick returners are making it to our 30 yard line. Our defensive backs grab four interceptions. And our linebackers are insanely good.

We can belittle our team, but we can not dispute the team's improvement. What is more, we are ridiculously young!

When analyzing Spaz, understand one thing. He is not an O'Brien disciple. He is a man who idolizes Coach Paterno. What we are seeing is a program that is being built around the Penn State model. I can live with that. Great offensive lines, great linebackers, good running backs and solid quarterback play. Oh, and do not forget, a no none sense attitude from the coach and his players. The guy has had less than two years. Just you wait."

I wonder if these comments would qualify for the No Spin Zone on The O'Reilly Factor?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:35 am

Is this the ramblings of someone, who has the premature signs of dementia? Holy sh@t!
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:41 am

Obviously, the best win for the team (this year) was Clemson. That Clemson team almost beat the undefeated Auburn Tigers. That is a good team. That was only further emphasized when Dabo beat :toby on Saturday.

Clemson's had a couple WTFs this year (our game being one of them.) They had them because they didn't know how much they were really going to miss CJ Spiller. Either way, I think it is a little "rash" to take anything from these recent victories as signs of encouragement given the 5-game losing streak. That EA poster is numbnuts. This was a lost season, that it appears to be finishing up strong for the team.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 am

I stopped reading when he said the only game he went to was Notre Dame. :dildodog
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:51 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}: This was a lost season, that it appears to be finishing up strong for the team.

This. My favorite part about this season is going to end up being the :whalepants who will get all excited if this team makes a bowl game against Tulsa. They'll point out the "progress" the team made in the 2nd half of the season while ignoring the fact that our final 5 opponents had 32 combined losses (estimate) while our total margin of victory will be equal to or less than that.

This season is a fucking disaster and anyone trying to spin it another way is :clownshoes . Sadly, Spaz probably bought himself another year when they beat Clemson, albeit with a new staff. They will never get a better schedule to win the division than they had this year. Next year is the total opposite with Clemson, VaTech, Miami, and Notre Dame all on the road. Good luck with that.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:54 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:This. My favorite part about this season is going to end up being the :whalepants who will get all excited if this team makes a bowl game against Tulsa.

The only thing that will excite them more than that will be when the students and young alums stop coming to the games so no one will be standing and there will be no traffic getting out of the parking lots. :whalepants
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:56 am

BantamEagle is a great example of the fools on that board. He hasn't been following football for years. He bought season tix for the first time ever because it was his last chance to see BC play ND. He attended that one game. From all that... he feels that he can give props to the staff for fixing some of the problems while never assigning blame for creating the very problems that needed fixing.

Apparently, if Bantam's son punched a dozen holes into the wall in his Walsh Hall dormroom, Bantam would complain about being charged for their repair. Asserting, instead, that his son shouldn't be held liable (but actually commended) because he repaired 7 of the holes himself.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}: This was a lost season, that it appears to be finishing up strong for the team.

This. My favorite part about this season is going to end up being the :whalepants who will get all excited if this team makes a bowl game against Tulsa. They'll point out the "progress" the team made in the 2nd half of the season while ignoring the fact that our final 5 opponents had 32 combined losses (estimate) while our total margin of victory will be equal to or less than that.

This season is a fucking disaster and anyone trying to spin it another way is :clownshoes . Sadly, Spaz probably bought himself another year when they beat Clemson, albeit with a new staff. They will never get a better schedule to win the division than they had this year. Next year is the total opposite with Clemson, VaTech, Miami, and Notre Dame all on the road. Good luck with that.

for the record, observant people said the same thing about last season. winning in the 4th quarter against horrible teams and losing by 4 scores against good teams shouldn't translate into "we'll easily improve on 8-5" as we're finding out.

spaz has been clownshoes since he first strapped on his gucci tracksuit and asked what kind of dog is that

Last season was brutal. This season is brutal, but I don't get as upset as I used to. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:06 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

for the record, observant people said the same thing about last season. winning in the 4th quarter against horrible teams and losing by 4 scores against good teams shouldn't translate into "we'll easily improve on 8-5" as we're finding out.

spaz has been clownshoes since he first strapped on his gucci tracksuit and asked what kind of dog is that

Last season was brutal. This season is brutal, but I don't get as upset as I used to. :shrug

Injuries have really been crushing to this team this year (particularly on offense with CLJ and the O-line taking a beating.) That hasn't helped. It certainly ended Shinskie's football career.

The only thing we have to look forward to is now NINE returning starters on offense (losing just the fullback and Castanzo.)
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

Injuries have really been crushing to this team this year (particularly on offense with CLJ and the O-line taking a beating.) That hasn't helped. It certainly ended Shinskie's football career.

Injuries aren't the problem with this team.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:09 pm

Injuries have meant nothing. We got our ass kicked long before injuries started playing a factor. Our problem is not personnel. Our problem is coaching... plain and simple. If you can't see that you should simply stop posting about BC football.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Spaz has really brought this team back from the dead, it's time you all acknowledge the team has completely turned the corner. If the season had started on Halloween weekend, this would be an NC caliber team. Spaz is not only lights out recruiting but can motivate with the best of them. Give me Spaz or give me death!

:dildodog

I made sure the EA Banter board didn't start :cheer :cheer close wins against poor competition by calling out that people would before the team hit this ACCesspool (TM) stretch. And guess what - barely a peep from those rah rahs. Preemptive strikes work.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:35 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Injuries have meant nothing. We got our ass kicked long before injuries started playing a factor. Our problem is not personnel. Our problem is coaching... plain and simple. If you can't see that you should simply stop posting about BC football.

Injuries have meant "something" not "nothing." I'm not sure how MUCH they have played a factor, but they certainly have. Rettig's favorite wide receiving target (right now) is another true freshman. That is not the way it is supposed to be. It is that way because of an injury.

Coaching has been horrible, particularly on offense. On defense? You know, not horrible. 3rd in the country against the run? No complaints there (given all the INJURIES to the defensive line.)

I think if they are not going to let Spaz go, Spaz needs to let Tranq go. There are 120 FBS schools. There are going to be about 12 to 15 head coaches (and at least as many assistants) terminated at the end of the year, coaches looking for work. Spaz needs to grab a young coach with some offensive coaching experience, and build from there. And he should have plenty of choices to choose from. We have nine returning starters on offense next year (plus the best Senior tailback in the history of BC football), Duke on the schedule, a Ponder-less FSU on the schedule, a Parker-less Clemson on the schedule, and a Tyrod Taylor-less VPI on the schedule. Opportunity is a knocking with a good offensive coordinator.
Last edited by innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:37 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:(given all the INJURIES to the defensive line.).

Legitimate question, who besides Albright have we lost to injury on the DL? I'm blanking.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:38 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

did you have a kid or something?

No. When I watch games this year, I have Yakety Sax playing on a continuous loop.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Legitimate question, who besides Albright have we lost to injury on the DL? I'm blanking.

Didn't we lose BOTH Senior defensive ends? We had two.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Injuries are a Spaziani-level excuse for this teams problems. This team was perfectly healthy in Week 4 against Virginia Tech, Week 5 against Notre Dame, and Week 6 against NC State. Combined score: 95-30.

The playcalling and the coaching are the issue. If anything, we've seen the talent begin to show through in the past 2 games in spite of the coaching staff (particularly on offense, where magically the offensive line is pancaking teams again despite the obvious playcalling). Oh and they've been banged up the past 2 weeks, so the injury excuse is irrelevant here.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Newman still starts, if that's who you're thinking of.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:41 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Didn't we lose BOTH Senior defensive ends? We had two.

You mean Momah? I agree, he's lost, but that's another issue.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:42 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

did you have a kid or something?

No. When I watch games this year, I have Yakety Sax playing on a continuous loop.

do you comment on humerous goings on by saying "sweet sassy molassy"

Yup
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium