Someone do me a favor re: EagleAction

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Someone do me a favor re: EagleAction

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:19 am

When one of the retarded merrymen like bclou, E4GLE1, sayso, AgedEagle or Legend of Section "You Shouldn't Be Writing About Things You Know Nothing About" post some sort of "Spaz is a good coach" nonsense... cut-and-paste it here as reading the unintentional comedy that is their stupidity is about the only enjoyment I can glean from this situation.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

From BC72

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:43 pm

"I think we are right where we should be now
for a team that is playing so many 1st and 2nd year players. IIRC, our few 'glory' seasons featured senior QBs starting for their third or fourth year, this after red-shirting. Before last year, when was the last time we had a true or even redshirt FR at QB and what was the season result? Every TOB QB I can think of was in his fourth year before he started a game. And do we have any receivers that played the position on a college field last year?
Plus the last few years, we caught some traditionally strong programs on the downside. Yes, we beat ND a lot, but so did most other teams. Same with FSU and Miami. Now, like it or not, they are back and the wins won't be as frequent against them.
RIght now on offense, we have the players to compete, just not the experience. Even with that, we are likely to still make a bowl. TOB has an unusually strong team this year, kinda like WF a few years ago. VT, ND and FSU are all BCS contenders. The other teams on the schedule, not so much.
So where's the fault?
Not with Spaz or Tranquill. If the young, 'hot' coach everyone wants had taken over for Jags, wouldn't he have said "I need 3-4 years to implement my system, the first two years might be rough". And we would be accepting these losses with more patience. How complicated a game plan can an OC devise with pure rookies? The game plan hasn't been the problem, the execution has, but that goes back to the experience level.
Not with Shinskie. We started out 8-4 with him as a pure FR. He's not an elite QB, but didn't have the 2-3 years of preparation that any of our last dozen or so QBs had, either. Spaz was right playing him to start the year, just as he was right in replacing him after VT. If we ended up with him as starter against MD, VA, Syracuse, WF, etc. I'd be fine and expect a win.
GDF? He hired the coach who implemented a different system for two years that now has to be 'undone'. Enough said."
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: From BC72

Postby bcnyceagle on Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:50 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:I think we are right where we should be now
for a team that is playing so many 1st and 2nd year players. IIRC, our few 'glory' seasons featured senior QBs starting for their third or fourth year, this after red-shirting. Before last year, when was the last time we had a true or even redshirt FR at QB and what was the season result? Every TOB QB I can think of was in his fourth year before he started a game. And do we have any receivers that played the position on a college field last year?
Plus the last few years, we caught some traditionally strong programs on the downside. Yes, we beat ND a lot, but so did most other teams. Same with FSU and Miami. Now, like it or not, they are back and the wins won't be as frequent against them.
RIght now on offense, we have the players to compete, just not the experience. Even with that, we are likely to still make a bowl. TOB has an unusually strong team this year, kinda like WF a few years ago. VT, ND and FSU are all BCS contenders. The other teams on the schedule, not so much.
So where's the fault?
Not with Spaz or Tranquill. If the young, 'hot' coach everyone wants had taken over for Jags, wouldn't he have said "I need 3-4 years to implement my system, the first two years might be rough". And we would be accepting these losses with more patience. How complicated a game plan can an OC devise with pure rookies? The game plan hasn't been the problem, the execution has, but that goes back to the experience level.
Not with Shinskie. We started out 8-4 with him as a pure FR. He's not an elite QB, but didn't have the 2-3 years of preparation that any of our last dozen or so QBs had, either. Spaz was right playing him to start the year, just as he was right in replacing him after VT. If we ended up with him as starter against MD, VA, Syracuse, WF, etc. I'd be fine and expect a win.
GDF? He hired the coach who implemented a different system for two years that now has to be 'undone'. Enough said.

This post is completely self contradictory and makes no sense.

1.) On defense, the system did not change, and they're still worse than last year.
2.) On offense, the starting line up did not play in another system. The blocking scheme remains the same as last year and the QBs and WRs have always played in Tranquills offensive system. The only person who has that excuse now is Montel Harris and he was spectacular last year.

The entire point of the Spaz hire was continuity so we wouldnt have to rebuild and change systems.
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Re: Someone do me a favor re: EagleAction

Postby Logitano on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Have they begun to blame the fans? I am still upset that I took the hit on why BC got blown out by the Cuse in '04. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Re: From BC72

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:56 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:"I think we are right where we should be now
So where's the fault?
GDF? He hired the coach who implemented a different system for two years that now has to be 'undone'. Enough said."

Holy fuck!!! Who the hell wrote that literary diahrea? I am stupider for having tried to decode that madness.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:02 am

Two responses for you HJS. name each one.

"I don't need to defend Line Judge as he is a great guy and can handle himself, but you're attacking a friend for no reason whatsoever.

Hrs a great fan with whom I've exchanged dozens of emails who is also one of the most knowledgeable posters on this or any board.

While I do not share his drastic view of the program, I'm struggling to hold on to my view and not see the logic in his.

I would appreciate if you would stop ending the lions share of your posts with personal attacks on good posters on this board.

Thanks"

"If Rettig can't go then give Codi Boek a shot. He's put his time in on the Scout Squad and can't possibly do any worse than UD and MM. Besides he's a senior and will be gone next year, this is his last chance to get playing time at BC."
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:27 am

WilpertsRevenge {l Wrote}:

"If Rettig can't go then give Codi Boek a shot. He's put his time in on the Scout Squad and can't possibly do any worse than UD and MM. Besides he's a senior and will be gone next year, this is his last chance to get playing time at BC."

Best laugh of the morning. Losing certainly makes message boards more humorous. That's one positive.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:27 am

WilpertsRevenge {l Wrote}:Two responses for you HJS. name each one.

"I don't need to defend Line Judge as he is a great guy and can handle himself, but you're attacking a friend for no reason whatsoever.

Hrs a great fan with whom I've exchanged dozens of emails who is also one of the most knowledgeable posters on this or any board.

While I do not share his drastic view of the program, I'm struggling to hold on to my view and not see the logic in his.

I would appreciate if you would stop ending the lions share of your posts with personal attacks on good posters on this board.

Thanks"

There is also a good one asking why we haven't seen more of Billy Flutie.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:04 am

WilpertsRevenge {l Wrote}:Two responses for you HJS. name each one.

Thanks"

The first one sounds like Legend, but I don't know. He was all aboard the Spaz Express last week. Methinks it possible that NCS has convinced him otherwise.

No idea on the second. If they were trying to be funny... maybe one of the gurus. But, if they were serious... I don't know... maybe sayso as he is brain damaged.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:41 am

correct on first
2nd is agedeagle
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:49 am

AgedEagle is a shining example why Nursing Homes should not have the internet.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:22 am

Does Vinny post on EA as bcingu?

"Label me the only optomistic BC fan. Until I actually see the game out of hand I expect BC to be in it. True fans never give up. That is not saying I expect them to win but I sure hope they try."
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:32 am

from farther down the same thread domingo got that quote from

Thank you BC72 for a logical commonsense reasoning as to BC's current troubles. What more needs to be said? We are paying the price for Jags' horrific recruiting - especially on offense. Well, two years later, with most of the pre-Jags era players gone, the evidence is here for everyone to see.

As mentioned before, all you need to do is look at the number of true and redshirt freshmen starting or in the 2-deep and you get a very good picture as to what has gone on.

We all saw this 2 years ago. Many on this board back then commented about Jags' lackluster recruiting and how we would eventually pay for it. Well, the bill has now come due!

Frankly, I never really thought Jags was right for BC. You only have to look at how he rode Kenny Plue out of BC after BC had offered him a scholarship. Does anyone think Plue would not be a tremendous help right now??
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ryrob on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:52 am

Seems like that whole board needs a NUCLEAR ENEMA.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:59 am

WilpertsRevenge {l Wrote}:"If Rettig can't go then give Codi Boek a shot. He's put his time in on the Scout Squad and can't possibly do any worse than UD and MM. Besides he's a senior and will be gone next year, this is his last chance to get playing time at BC."

Funny (and pathetic) story regarding Codi Boek as told to me by someone who is friends with him. Boek was told last year that he wouldn't be getting any QB time, but that he could still contribute on special teams. This was his RS Jr year. Now, the coaches have to decide if they're going to bring back RS Srs for a 5th year. Boek went into the meeting with Spaz in the offseason and said that he was committed to helping the team in any way possible if they wanted to bring him back for a 5th year. Spaz replied increduously, "Wait, you didn't graduate yet?" Literally had no idea that Boek had another year of eligibility. The HC of our program folks.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:54 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
WilpertsRevenge {l Wrote}:"If Rettig can't go then give Codi Boek a shot. He's put his time in on the Scout Squad and can't possibly do any worse than UD and MM. Besides he's a senior and will be gone next year, this is his last chance to get playing time at BC."

Funny (and pathetic) story regarding Codi Boek as told to me by someone who is friends with him. Boek was told last year that he wouldn't be getting any QB time, but that he could still contribute on special teams. This was his RS Jr year. Now, the coaches have to decide if they're going to bring back RS Srs for a 5th year. Boek went into the meeting with Spaz in the offseason and said that he was committed to helping the team in any way possible if they wanted to bring him back for a 5th year. Spaz replied increduously, "Wait, you didn't graduate yet?" Literally had no idea that Boek had another year of eligibility. The HC of our program folks.

It often gets overlooked on the message boards, but Boek is about as much of a BC Guy as there is. The team and program are much better for having had him the past few years.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby garf112 on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:42 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:

Ha! We are so screwed for the next five years minimum.
garf112
Carney Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:09 pm

SeaCapTim posted this gem in response to ATL's blog post about how this is on Spaz:

"In 1993-94-Jerry York's second season at BC, we were 15-16-5. It was all his fault. York stinks. York can't recruit and he can't coach. It is a miracle that such good players rescued him from his terrible coaching.
York took over from Steve Cedorchuk, who also lasted 2 years. One can not blame any of York's crappy teams on Cedorchuk, that is inane."

:shake
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:40 pm

Maybe if Cedorchuck went to back-2-back National Championship finals, Timmy would have a decent point. I'm always amazed at how most people are unable to create analogies.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:47 pm

I blame Millbury and the fact that the hockey team had THREE COACHES IN SIX MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Maybe if Cedorchuck went to back-2-back National Championship finals, Timmy would have a decent point. I'm always amazed at how most people are unable to create analogies.

Jerry York also won a national championship prior to coming to BC. He was also dealing with scholarship limitations. And brought in Marty Reasoner the No. 1 recruit in college hockey.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:01 pm

Being totally honest here... I totally equate playing in a National Championship in a sport like Hockey or Soccer or Baseball to making the Sweet Sixteen (or at least the Elite Eight) or attending a BCS bowl or finishing in the Top 10 in BB or FB. Simply... there are just so few schools who are competitive at those sports when compared to the two big ticket sports.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:16 pm

campion {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Being totally honest here... I totally equate...

You totally sound like Hannah Montana.

your fatherhood is showing
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

From gobc1007

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:13 am

Don't Jump -- Florida has dropped 3 straight
"I know the O is terrible & the D has been lacking in critical games and key moments, but don't jump. It also happens to "the factories". Florida has dropped 2 straight home games and lost 3 consecutive games for the first time since the Steve Spurrier era."
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: From gobc1007

Postby 31southst on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:33 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Don't Jump -- Florida has dropped 3 straight
"I know the O is terrible & the D has been lacking in critical games and key moments, but don't jump. It also happens to "the factories". Florida has dropped 2 straight home games and lost 3 consecutive games for the first time since the Steve Spurrier era."

Spaz and Urban Meyer have similar accomplishments in their coaching careers, so this comparison is warranted.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:44 am

there was a st. thomas more parking lot invitation issued over there.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Re: From gobc1007

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:48 am

31southst {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Don't Jump -- Florida has dropped 3 straight

Spaz and Urban Meyer have similar accomplishments in their coaching careers, so this comparison is warranted.

+3652
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:39 am

From VILL

Re: Let's hear it for G D F!!!
Lets not give smiling Jags too much credit here...he inherited Matt Ryan and won the second year with Spaz,s D and players recruited mainly by TOB....and left us with a legacy of QB,s like DD,Tuggle,Johnson, Boeck,and MM...i am willing to bet the kids Spaz has already vrought in will be a much better group than that(Logan..I love the way the ball comes off MM,s hand..yeah him and the coach of Bryant)
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:47 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:From VILL

Re: Let's hear it for G D F!!!
Lets not give smiling Jags too much credit here...he inherited Matt Ryan and won the second year with Spaz,s D and players recruited mainly by TOB....and left us with a legacy of QB,s like DD,Tuggle,Johnson, Boeck,and MM...i am willing to bet the kids Spaz has already vrought in will be a much better group than that(Logan..I love the way the ball comes off MM,s hand..yeah him and the coach of Bryant)

Dominique Davis is maturing into a nice QB and Tuggle is headed to KState. Gotta love the rah rahs.

Domingo, is anyone overthere waking up to the fact that Spaz might be in over his head?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle216 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:51 am

EA douches never have an answer to these three questions:

1) How many championships (conf or div) did TOB win with Matt Ryan?
2) How many championships (conf or div) did TOB win with TOB's players?
3) How many championships (conf or div) has Spaz won with Spaz' D?

Bottom line is that when it comes to actual coaching (teaching players, identifying the correct Assistants, identifying a game plan that can win with the players you have, game day coaching, adjustments - both week to week and in game, and motivating players to win) TOB and Spaz can not hold Jags jock.

Did Jags have issues outside the above skill sets - Yes.

But are there coaches out there that have Jags' skill set, plus are good at the other aspects of being a HC that Jags was not good at - Yes. In fact, there are plenty of these guys. Gene's inability to secure one post Jags is his single greatest failure as an AD. But there is still time to get this right, as such coaches still exist, will still want our job, and will come if simply two easily provided things are offered: 1) fair market value salaries for HC and staff; 2) working conditions commeserate with the job.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium