Someone do me a favor re: EagleAction

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Someone do me a favor re: EagleAction

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:52 am

From Eaglepride94:

Re: not the end of the world......
As I had mentioned it takes time for football players to develop. Spaz is taking it slowly with his quarterback but he does not want to destroy his mind or body in his first year. Spaz obviously is not happy having to start a freshman 18 year old quarterback and Tranquil seems hesitant with him. next year should be a new story with these players and coaches. I have faith in the players we have now such as KPL, Kuechly, Swigert, Phillips, Amidon and Rettig. You see flaws and I see a young team with a very cautious staff playing to gain experience. But as stated this gives the staff next year to get to this team together and open up the playbook or the staff of course will be on the hot seat.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:55 am

eagle216 {l Wrote}:EA douches never have an answer to these three questions:

1) How many championships (conf or div) did TOB win with Matt Ryan?
2) How many championships (conf or div) did TOB win with TOB's players?
3) How many championships (conf or div) has Spaz won with Spaz' D?

Bottom line is that when it comes to actual coaching (teaching players, identifying the correct Assistants, identifying a game plan that can win with the players you have, game day coaching, adjustments - both week to week and in game, and motivating players to win) TOB and Spaz can not hold Jags jock.

Did Jags have issues outside the above skill sets - Yes.

But are there coaches out there that have Jags' skill set, plus are good at the other aspects of being a HC that Jags was not good at - Yes. In fact, there are plenty of these guys. Gene's inability to secure one post Jags is his single greatest failure as an AD. But there is still time to get this right, as such coaches still exist, will still want our job, and will come if simply two easily provided things are offered: 1) fair market value salaries for HC and staff; 2) working conditions commeserate with the job.

You forgot to add no AD meddling. :pickle
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:56 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:From VILL

Re: Let's hear it for G D F!!!
Lets not give smiling Jags too much credit here...he inherited Matt Ryan and won the second year with Spaz,s D and players recruited mainly by TOB....and left us with a legacy of QB,s like DD,Tuggle,Johnson, Boeck,and MM...i am willing to bet the kids Spaz has already vrought in will be a much better group than that(Logan..I love the way the ball comes off MM,s hand..yeah him and the coach of Bryant)

Dominique Davis is maturing into a nice QB and Tuggle is headed to KState. Gotta love the rah rahs.

Domingo, is anyone overthere waking up to the fact that Spaz might be in over his head?

I'd say about 50% of the board is ready to see Spaz go.

Even Legend is beside himself.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:07 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Lets not give smiling Jags too much credit here...he inherited Matt Ryan and won the second year with Spaz,s D and players recruited mainly by TOB....and left us with a legacy of QB,s like DD,Tuggle,Johnson, Boeck,and MM...i am willing to bet the kids Spaz has already vrought in will be a much better group than that(Logan..I love the way the ball comes off MM,s hand..yeah him and the coach of Bryant)

Dominique Davis is maturing into a nice QB and Tuggle is headed to KState. Gotta love the rah rahs.

Domingo, is anyone overthere waking up to the fact that Spaz might be in over his head?

There are a few anti Spaz and Traq posts but there are more blaming Jags.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:08 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

There are a few anti Spaz and Traq posts but there are more blaming Jags.

Not surprising as the board cognescenti will have Jags to bank on for 2 more years. After that it should get pretty amusing.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:21 am

bchockey04 {l Wrote}:
Even Legend is beside himself.

Spaz losing Legend is like LBJ losing Cronkite.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle216 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:24 am

"...but there is absolutely no concrete evidence that the coach is terrible."

This is the greatest EA quote to date. Apparently, this poster has never heard of Bill Parcells.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby eagle216 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:25 am

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle216 {l Wrote}:EA douches never have an answer to these three questions:

1) How many championships (conf or div) did TOB win with Matt Ryan?
2) How many championships (conf or div) did TOB win with TOB's players?
3) How many championships (conf or div) has Spaz won with Spaz' D?

Bottom line is that when it comes to actual coaching (teaching players, identifying the correct Assistants, identifying a game plan that can win with the players you have, game day coaching, adjustments - both week to week and in game, and motivating players to win) TOB and Spaz can not hold Jags jock.

Did Jags have issues outside the above skill sets - Yes.

But are there coaches out there that have Jags' skill set, plus are good at the other aspects of being a HC that Jags was not good at - Yes. In fact, there are plenty of these guys. Gene's inability to secure one post Jags is his single greatest failure as an AD. But there is still time to get this right, as such coaches still exist, will still want our job, and will come if simply two easily provided things are offered: 1) fair market value salaries for HC and staff; 2) working conditions commeserate with the job.

You forgot to add no AD meddling. :pickle

I didn't. AD meddling is what I meant by 2)
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:09 am

Why do this to yourself? It's nuts. Consider the hurt of five consecutive losses in context. Texas lost to Iowa State yesterday. Notre Dame lost to Navy, again. Kansas was blown out for the third consecutive week. BC is not a good team this year but they are not getting blown out. This team has not given up, and is playing the best it can.

BC is rebuilding. It has no alternatives. Quarterbacks and wide receivers have failed to perform, several key players are injured, and as more freshman and sophomores step into skilled positions, coaches must take more responsibility for the team’s results.

The pundits’ expectations of our program have been low for the past two years. They’re now coming true. As fans, we act like losing is the end of civilization. Frank is the man who plainly set his sights and ours on winning the ACC Championship this year. It’s up to him to inspire his team to play at a higher level and find ways to win.

I am afraid it will take more than this year; I think three or even longer, to return to a 9-10 win season. BC is playing its youth, which is a good thing for the future. Whatever happens in the remainder of this season happens. Believe in BC.

f'ing crazy pills
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:21 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Why do this to yourself? It's nuts. Consider the hurt of five consecutive losses in context. Texas lost to Iowa State yesterday. Notre Dame lost to Navy, again. Kansas was blown out for the third consecutive week. BC is not a good team this year but they are not getting blown out. This team has not given up, and is playing the best it can.

BC is rebuilding. It has no alternatives. Quarterbacks and wide receivers have failed to perform, several key players are injured, and as more freshman and sophomores step into skilled positions, coaches must take more responsibility for the team’s results.

The pundits’ expectations of our program have been low for the past two years. They’re now coming true. As fans, we act like losing is the end of civilization. Frank is the man who plainly set his sights and ours on winning the ACC Championship this year. It’s up to him to inspire his team to play at a higher level and find ways to win.

I am afraid it will take more than this year; I think three or even longer, to return to a 9-10 win season. BC is playing its youth, which is a good thing for the future. Whatever happens in the remainder of this season happens. Believe in BC.

f'ing crazy pills

WOW!!! Who came up with this craziness?
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:21 am

by contrast here is a pretty insightful post from eagltix on EI

....but, I must concede that there are problems, fundamental problems with this staff and their approach to football games...there HJS, I said it....I cannot engage in the same venomous character assassination driven by personal agenda that seems to underscore your tirades, BUT, it is clear to me now that this team is being coached "not to lose" rather than to win (and I acknowledge this is a phrase oft used here). This passive approach was evident in almost every aspect of the game yesterday.....and maryland, despite their 5-2 record is not a good team. They have some good players mind you, but as a team they are mediocre....so i wonder where that places us....

Yesterday, the Terps must have thrown the quick out to the flat a dozen times for a guaranteed 6 yard pickup, (at least when the ball was catchable), and BC never, NEVER changed up or responded differently. I can only imagine the fat Fridge chuckling on the Maryland sideline, lavishing in this "taking candy from a baby" bonanza!

The BC defense allowed 10 of 19 third down conversions, and 2 of 3 fourth down conversions. I keep thinking that they would try something, ANYTHING different to change up that redundant scenario....I think it was Einstein who said that the definition of insanity is attempting the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is insane.

The last straw for me was the play call on 4th down, that was a make or break game point on an emotional comeback, and they run Montel up the middle. Now Montel is the only money player on this team, seemingly getting more each time he touches the ball than he deserves....and I am all for challenging the stones of an underachieving Oline to make one play. But the game was in the balance, and it just felt that we made the most conservative, the most predictable call in that situation that was possible to call....at that moment, I flashed back to a key play against Alabama many years ago, again a short fourth down play late, when Flutie faked a handoff to Steve Strahan, (another "money player" who must have picked up a key yard two dozen times that season), and flipped a quick throw to the flat that ended up going for a TD.

Coaches, what left do we have to lose??? The chance to maintain an opportunity to play some bowl in Washington DC?? You now are on the brink of of the first losing season in most posters' here lifetime...that in and of itself doesn't bother me except for the fact that this was as easy a schedule we are ever going to see...

I guess I am signaling my surrender to the viewpoint that this staff is incapable of instituting a game plan that compensates for the team's weaknesses...a game plan that is predicated on strategies and play calling geared to WIN, not to avoid another loss. The kind of play calling in key situations that at times is high risk, high reward when the game's circumstance call for that.

It's clear that we don't have something (???), either the players, or the temperament, or the maturity (and I'm not sure what the key missing link is) to simply go out and beat an opponent, ANY opponent this year simply because we are better....we need to rely on good coaching to get us over the humps and hurdles, and that kind of coaching is not evident in this staff.

I think that the potential in the young players is there....we need the kind of inspirational, creative coaching that makes the whole greater than the sum of the parts.....I have decided, perhaps later than some here, that we cannot and should not wait to continue the experiment into next season. I think we have the potential at key skill positions to compete next year. I cannot stomach the thought of seeing that going to waste.

Let's write a respectful obituary for Spaz, "kick him upstairs" and give him and his young kids future security, and bring in someone committed to competing at the highest level possible. Simply get the best head coach who is willing to come to BC and get on with it.

Let's go Eagles!!!!
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:46 am

Jags shot JFK.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:56 am

We won't be stuck with two wins but we will have a losing record. I'm ok with that. As the board has fallen deeper into despair I have been happier with the effort over the last two weeks. This experience isn't fun but we have a youth movement. My only reservation is OC and I'm not sure how much of this is a very green QB and very poor "veteran" in Shinskie versus Bible junior. I don't know enough about football to judge that. We were desperate when we recruited shinskie and I see more talent coming. Rettig will be good and so will suntrup. I don't think Spaz is the issue for the moment.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:59 am

HJS {l Wrote}:We won't be stuck with two wins but we will have a losing record. I'm ok with that. As the board has fallen deeper into despair I have been happier with the effort over the last two weeks. This experience isn't fun but we have a youth movement. My only reservation is OC and I'm not sure how much of this is a very green QB and very poor "veteran" in Shinskie versus Bible junior. I don't know enough about football to judge that. We were desperate when we recruited shinskie and I see more talent coming. Rettig will be good and so will suntrup. I don't think Spaz is the issue for the moment.

this is a quote, right? or did you get into some butt hash?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:50 am

Sure is... from some idiot on EA. I cannot believe people like that exist. Why spend so much time following a sports program if you don't give a crap whether or not they win?????
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:54 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Sure is... from some idiot on EA. I cannot believe people like that exist. Why spend so much time following a sports program if you don't give a crap whether or not they win?????

It's more important that everyone has fun. :fam
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:01 am

From Simmonaa:

"The fact that you are citing Ramsey, who played well Saturday but other than that has been a non-factor, and Murray, who I don't think you can really say is an impactful player at this point, tells me all I need to know about your standard of "good recruiting". BTW, O'Neal is a Spaz recruit and Spaz was able to get Quinn to not de-commit following Jags' firing. Spaz also recruited Freese and Deuce Finch, who showed a lot of promise as a viable option to Montel. What would our kicking game be like if Spaz didn't recruit Freese?

One of the chief responsibilities of a HC that neither calls the defense nor the offense is recruiting. Look at guys like Meyer and Saban, all of the recruiting flows through them. All of a sudden, Spaz is the guy being cited in commitment articles as a reason they picked BC; when Jags was around, it was insinuated that he was the reason someone went elsewhere or de-committed (look at Arthur Lynch, Ryan Williams). Ryan Williams said he would have gone to BC but he couldn't be #34...why the hell not? Mac was #34, but you can have players with the same # as long as they are on opposite sides of the ball. That was obviously something Jags told him (no idea why) and he cost us an amazing player. Jags constantly backed off of recruits for no apparent reason. Dwayne Difton was high on BC and for some inexplicable reason BC backed off him. He is the starting WR on UConn now...given BC's WR situation, I'd say it would have been nice to have him on BC.

Devin Gaulden said BC "showed the love" on his visit this year...when have you ever heard that before? The staff is pretty much the same except for Spaz at HC and all of a sudden BC shows the love, which as corny as it sounds is important in recruiting."
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:05 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:From Simmonaa:

"Ryan Williams said he would have gone to BC but he couldn't be #34...why the hell not? Mac was #34, but you can have players with the same # as long as they are on opposite sides of the ball. That was obviously something Jags told him (no idea why) and he cost us an amazing player."

One throw away line in an article once about Ryan WIlliams wanting #34 = Jags told him to take a hike because someone else already had it. Seems reasonable a conclusion to make.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:07 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

"Ryan Williams said he would have gone to BC but he couldn't be #34...why the hell not? Mac was #34, but you can have players with the same # as long as they are on opposite sides of the ball. That was obviously something Jags told him (no idea why) and he cost us an amazing player."

One throw away line in an article once about Ryan WIlliams wanting #34 = Jags told him to take a hike because someone else already had it. Seems reasonable a conclusion to make.

And, as a result, we got stuck with Montel Harris.

:bag :bag :bag
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:07 am

There is another post with which that one is responding, in which it is pointed out that it's kind of really, really, really, dumb to blame Jags for recruiting defensive players since Spaz was the defensive coordinator and Siravo the recruiting coordinator per napoleonic decree during Jags' tenure.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:26 am

Simmonaa is retarded. Kid graduated from the Campus School. I think we should leave him alone. The thing that is funny is that he is well-respected over on EA.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:37 pm

BC is in a bind because Dom Davis got kicked out and had to transfer plain and simple. His stats this year are

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2010 196 308 2023 63.6 6.57 46 18 10 10 131.60
Projected 336 528 3468 63.6 6.57 46 31 17 17 131.60

matt ryans stats as a 5th year senior were

Attempts Completions Int Yards TD
654 388 19 4507 31

now in no way shape or form am i say that DD is as good as ice was but he is a very good jr qb this year and bc would be a very competitive team this year with him under center.

without the disclaimer that he's not saying DD is as good as Ryan this is the dumbest post of all time, with the disclaimer it is dumber than all other posts except for those made by BCFan94
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:12 pm

village people
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:57 pm

From Simmonaa:

Re: What is going on with this team?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The staff needs to focus on recruiting and developing the younger players from now on. The defections are just part of what you get when you have a coaching carousel; I don't think it is anything in particular about Spaz. If BC can close out the recruiting year well then I think there will be a strong foundation heading into next year.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby weinerdog on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:10 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The staff needs to focus on recruiting and developing the younger players from now on. The defections are just part of what you get when you have a coaching carousel; I don't think it is anything in particular about Spaz. If BC can close out the recruiting year well then I think there will be a strong foundation heading into next year.

:81
"...and, more importantly, me."
--Gene DeFilippo, January 7, 2009.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:14 am

weinerdog {l Wrote}:

You guys think I'm kidding about Simmonaa. I'm just impressed that the poor guy can figure out how to turn on the computer, open Microsoft Explorer, pound words onto a keyboard and then hit the "submit" button. The Campus School really does wonders.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:15 am

1. Josh Haden, Cory Eason and Ugo Okpara, despite combined offers from UF, tOSU, the U, Nebraska, Okstate, Arkansas, Michigan, and Tennessee are "Fliers"

2. It is "well documented" that Jags personally cost us the commitments of Arthur-Fontaine-Lynch and Ryan Williams. Also he "backed off" Dwayne Difton (it should likely be of note that Difton committed to UConn on 1/23/09, whereas Jags was fired 1/7/09).
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:02 pm

I wish some of the pussy merrymen like Flutie or Newman or kblo or Legrand or E4GLE1 or Vill would come over here or EI and try to explain their nonsensical positions (I'm saying come here since this is an open forum as opposed to EA). As for simmonaa... I don't care where he posts... I just hope he gets a lollipop for his efforts because he deserves one.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:04 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}: :81

1. Josh Haden, Cory Eason and Ugo Okpara, despite combined offers from UF, tOSU, the U, Nebraska, Okstate, Arkansas, Michigan, and Tennessee are "Fliers"

2. It is "well documented" that Jags personally cost us the commitments of Arthur-Fontaine-Lynch and Ryan Williams. Also he "backed off" Dwayne Difton (it should likely be of note that Difton committed to UConn on 1/23/09, whereas Jags was fired 1/7/09).

fucking Jags with his failure to recruit after he was fired. WHERE IS THE LOYALTY?

Well, the important thing is that we have loyalty now, so we can keep our genius head coach just as long as we want! :whiteflag :whiteflag :suicide :suicide
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BigPete on Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Legend of Michael Ireland and the secret board MerryMen loved Tobias with all their hearts. Legend tried to catapult himself into a football job by sucking Tobias' dangling ginger angry inch; the rest of those guys are as stupid as the day is long.

How anyone can credit O'Brien for a marked departure from the problems that had become chronic during TOB's tenure under Jags is beyond me, but these fucktards manage it. Frank Spaziani is a drunk and a terrible coach. I thought this before Jags got here and I still think this.

Fuck Spaz and the MerryMen.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium