Someone do me a favor re: EagleAction

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Someone do me a favor re: EagleAction

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:43 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:(given all the INJURIES to the defensive line.).

Legitimate question, who besides Albright have we lost to injury on the DL? I'm blanking.

Connor O'Neil & Brad Newman missed teh Clemson game*

we beat Clemson
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:43 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Injuries are a Spaziani-level excuse for this teams problems. This team was perfectly healthy in Week 4 against Virginia Tech, Week 5 against Notre Dame, and Week 6 against NC State. Combined score: 95-30.

The playcalling and the coaching are the issue. If anything, we've seen the talent begin to show through in the past 2 games in spite of the coaching staff (particularly on offense, where magically the offensive line is pancaking teams again despite the obvious playcalling). Oh and they've been banged up the past 2 weeks, so the injury excuse is irrelevant here.

The Clemson win was HUGE! The Wake Forest win? Meh. Not so much. Another win against Duke (that just scored 55 on UVa) and okay, some progress. But as everyone is saying, the coaching has been the main culprit for this lousy season. It starts up top. If they wont let the top guys go, Tranq simply HAS to go.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Losing Larmond was fucking huge. The WRs are TERRIBLE...having just one legit threat in there would help the O a lot.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:47 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:Losing Larmond was fucking huge. The WRs are TERRIBLE...having just one legit threat in there would help the O a lot.

Very true
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:47 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:Injuries are a Spaziani-level excuse for this teams problems. This team was perfectly healthy in Week 4 against Virginia Tech, Week 5 against Notre Dame, and Week 6 against NC State. Combined score: 95-30.

The playcalling and the coaching are the issue. If anything, we've seen the talent begin to show through in the past 2 games in spite of the coaching staff (particularly on offense, where magically the offensive line is pancaking teams again despite the obvious playcalling). Oh and they've been banged up the past 2 weeks, so the injury excuse is irrelevant here.

The Clemson win was HUGE! The Wake Forest win? Meh. Not so much. Another win against Duke (that just scored 55 on UVa) and okay, some progress. But as everyone is saying, the coaching has been the main culprit for this lousy season. It starts up top. If they wont let the top guys go, Tranq simply HAS to go.

i'm still trying to figure out why you think Clemson is a good team.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:48 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

It must be something in the box score.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:Losing Larmond was fucking huge. The WRs are TERRIBLE...having just one legit threat in there would help the O a lot.

You're assuming that Tranquill would have made some vague attempt to get him involved. The only reason Gunnell had the season he did was because he was allowed to run "read routes" where he could pretty much move into open space. Nobody on this team that I know of has that freedom this year. Larmond would have done the same thing Coleman has done, streak down the field with his hand up while Montel barrels into the line on 1st and 2nd down.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:53 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Clemson isn't exactly a world beater, but they possess one of the most dominant D-Lines in the country, and we pretty much rendered them useless. That is more the point on them. That Tigers team was built to beat this particular incarnation of the Eagles.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:54 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Newman still starts, if that's who you're thinking of.

I was thinking of Newman. We didn't have him for Clemson. We had just one Senior on the defensive line for that game, and that was the best win of the year. So.... bodes well for the defensive line next year.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:55 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

They just beat NCState. That's something. They almost beat Auburn this year. Almost.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby The Knife of Asia on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:58 pm

The Wise midget sage GDF says "Don't go low when things are bad, nor high when things are good"

When expectations are tempered, miniscule victories are magnified.

'Ever to Excel' should be changed to "Good is great compared to bad"
The Knife of Asia
McGuinn Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:58 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:... They almost beat ...

betardedness set at a new high with the introduction "transitive almosts"

its.... all i've got.

We are the ACC. Our conference (currently) sucks. I think we have one team in the BCS top 25, and they lost to James Madison.

we are what we are :toby
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:58 pm

My eyes tell me Clemson is a mediocre team with coaching issues. Sounds like BC, actually. We beat our equal. We didn't shock the world.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:00 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:My eyes tell me Clemson is a mediocre team with coaching issues. Sounds like BC, actually. We beat our equal. We didn't shock the world.

First time we ever beat Dabo.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:04 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:My eyes tell me Clemson is a mediocre team with coaching issues. Sounds like BC, actually. We beat our equal. We didn't shock the world.

YAY! A 6 point, no score in the 2nd half, kill the clock to settle for a FG at the half, close victory over an equally overwhelmed sideline twit!!!!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

YAY! A 6 point, no score in the 2nd half, kill the clock to settle for a FG at the half, close victory over an equally overwhelmed sideline twit!!!!

it's... all i've got

haven't beaten them since Ryan. i'll take the little stuff at this point.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:30 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

it's... all i've got

Thanks Gene. Thanks Spaz. Look what you've done.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

it's... all i've got

Made no space post borderline gibberish? I don't think we can blame them for that.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:35 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

it's... all i've got

Made no space post borderline gibberish? I don't think we can blame them for that.

Exactly. That's Jags' fault.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:39 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

it's... all i've got

Exactly. That's Jags' fault.

Don't you mean Jiggsie?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:47 pm

One thing, probably the only thing, that the two boards have in common is that no one like captainhardcore over there anymore than they did on EI.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:52 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Very true

Not true. All CLJ would have done was given OJ's boy more weeks at QB. We would've rolled with Shinskie (with Marsco subbing in after the concussion) through Clemson before taking the redshirt off of Rettig for last week's game against Wake to see if he could stop the then-6-game losing streak.

This is so effing stupid. They didn't start the right players in the right positions all Summer long and through the first half of the season. End of story. No strategy, injury, recruiting deficiency changes that very simple fact.

The team is performing better and better each week as the right QB and right OLinemen playing the correct positions begin to gel. We are right now exactly where we should've been heading into the second game of the season. Discussion about anything else other than squandering talent or potential new coaches just acts camouflage for the real problem.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:53 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

it's... all i've got

Exactly. If this is the best we can hope for.... serious trouble.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:54 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:One thing, probably the only thing, that the two boards have in common is that no one like captainhardcore over there anymore than they did on EI.

Is that the Valet boy????
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:One thing, probably the only thing, that the two boards have in common is that no one like captainhardcore over there anymore than they did on EI.

Is he posting on EA?????
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Very true

Not true. All CLJ would have done was given OJ's boy more weeks at QB. We would've rolled with Shinskie (with Marsco subbing in after the concussion) through Clemson before taking the redshirt off of Rettig for last week's game against Wake to see if he could stop the then-6-game losing streak.

This is so effing stupid. They didn't start the right players in the right positions all Summer long and through the first half of the season. End of story. No strategy, injury, recruiting deficiency changes that very simple fact.

The team is performing better and better each week as the right QB and right OLinemen playing the correct positions begin to gel. We are right now exactly where we should've been heading into the second game of the season. Discussion about anything else other than squandering talent or potential new coaches just acts camouflage for the real problem.

Wake Forest was THE WORST TEAM BC has played since Kent State. You have to at least acknowledge that.

This is why I'm saying the Clemson win was big.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Very true

Wake Forest was THE WORST TEAM BC has played since Kent State. You have to at least acknowledge that.

Just look what they've done to you. It's shameful.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Very true

Just look what they've done to you. It's shameful.

I need to be re-Baptized.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:59 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

either him or someone with the same name.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:14 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

either him or someone with the same name.

It has to be him, someone should invite him over here. I need a good laugh.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

PreviousNext