Official Fire Steve Adazzio Thread.

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Fire Steve Adazzio Thread.

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Well it looked like the QB shuffle largely ended after halftime, so let's see where that goes,
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:14 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
LawyersGunsnMoney {l Wrote}:This is just drunk angry rambling, but if BC had a kicker, they'd be 5-1 right now

This is true. Again, Daz and staff isn't doing great this year, but considering the limitations (QB, OLine, Kicker) very few coaches would be doing much better.

Bullshit. We needed 10 to win last week and 4 to win this week. We're not asking the offense to win the game. Just do something. It's inexcusable.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:15 pm

That Wake Forest team is terrible, by the way,
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:24 pm

I was hoping to start this thread after my ridiculous traffic ensnared but far less than full stadium ride home. Daz does some things well but his recruiting has been underwhelming and his game day decision making has been Corkyesc.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:28 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
LawyersGunsnMoney {l Wrote}:This is just drunk angry rambling, but if BC had a kicker, they'd be 5-1 right now

This is true. Again, Daz and staff isn't doing great this year, but considering the limitations (QB, OLine, Kicker) very few coaches would be doing much better.

Anyone that does not include the WRs, should not comment on football.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:29 pm

The WRs are not the problem. That's like saying a guy with full blown HIV has an ankle injury. They shouldn't be fucking throwing anyway
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:32 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The WRs are not the problem. That's like saying a guy with full blown HIV has an ankle injury. They shouldn't be fucking throwing anyway

This. The WRs suck but whatever.

Having said all this I'd like to see next year before firing him. This offense is a train wreck.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The WRs are not the problem. That's like saying a guy with full blown HIV has an ankle injury. They shouldn't be fucking throwing anyway

Yes because it easy to throw to WRs that can't get open against Howard and it has nothing to do with the fact that other teams play 8 in the box and therefor we have trouble running the ball. You have a high football IQ.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That Wake Forest team is terrible, by the way,

Duke and NIU were not good either
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:52 pm

Dan McCarney got launched after getting blown out by Portland State today.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:01 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:I'm glad that this thread exists and that it was started today. It's a message Daz should hear loud and clear.

With that said, I disagree.

Well that settles it, he needs to go.

100% terrible coaching today. I thought the QB rotation was random and counterproductive (even more so than the last two weeks) and the clock management at the end of the game was really bush league.

But with the OLine turnover, an injury forcing two freshman to play QB, and the complete lack of a FG kicker, I think even a great coach (Harbaugh or Saban) would have a ceiling of 7 or 8 wins this year. Daz, who clearly is no Harbaugh or Saban, will be lucky to get 6 wins. But still, he inherited a roster with major talent holes and so he has very few competent upperclassmen, and no upperclassmen QB's. He's building a program. We've seen what his defense can do (lots of credit to Brown). He gets time to develop his QB's and his offensive system. If Wade, Smith, Flutie, Brown or whoever else Daz brings in still look like this when they're juniors while playing behind an experienced Steve Addazio OLine, then yes, let's give up on the Daz era. Daz still gets his 5 years in my book.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, but even after the worst BC game I can remember watching, I'm still optimistic for the future. I'm excited for 2016 and 2017. I think we can sustain a top 10 D for several years right now. And I think Daz's scheme can work. Not the one we're currently seeing, where we don't have an OLine or a QB that can throw the ball, but the OLine we've seen glimpses of through these 2.5 years.

Unpopular opinion, I know, so I accept your hate.

Daz is a fucking idiot. This level of merrymen-ism deserves the eternal 7 win team you will get after this dumpster fire of a year.

The kicker is the biggest indictment. Can't blame that on Spaz or the schedule or BC's facilities or admission or any other excuse. You just need to find a guy...any guy on campus who can hit the chip shot. And then you adjust all your play calls to know that you cannot make anything beyond the 20. Addazio is never in four down mode, when he should be. Saban's kicker has the yips right now and he is making adjustments that Daz would never do.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:09 pm

tomando {l Wrote}:

Only Urban Meyer, who won a national championship, with a third string quarterback.

I know, BC doesn't have that talent depth, blah, blah, blah... but do we have a QB that can throw a frigging 3 yard pass, to win a game from inside the five?

GMAFB!

Oh, that's right! How did I not make that connection.

Ohio State's National Championship QB Depth Chart:
1. Braxton Miller - 5*, #30 overall, #2 dual threat QB.
2. J.T. Barrett - 4*, #138 nationally, #2 dual threat QB.
3. Cardale Jones - high 3*, #5 overall JuCo recruit nationally and #1 JuCo QB nationally.
*** And that's surround by a team filled with other 4* players and a great OLine. ***

Boston College This Year:
1. Darius Wade: 3*, unranked nationally, #21 dual threat.
2. Troy Flutie: 2*, not ranked as a QB
3. Jeff Smith: 3*, not ranked as a QB
*** Surrounded by an entirely turned over OLine and a lot of other inexperience. ***
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:10 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Fuck you, you buck toothed douchebag.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Well it looked like the QB shuffle largely ended after halftime, so let's see where that goes,

Except that he put in Flutie 3 or 4 times in the 2nd half (IIRC), and random times at that. They seem to.be at points where Smith had a little momentum (I use that term loosely - perhaps the momentum was all the offensive yards we were getting from WF penalties). Just fucking settle on one already! On the third down play where Flutie fumbled, I remember thinking it should be a fake handoff up the middle and have Smith sprint for the edge. You get enough of a bite up the middle and Smith would walk in the endzone. To my horror, I see Flutie enter the game - and we know how that played out. The clock management and playcalling at the end of the game was the final straw. Utter incompetence by a bad gameday coach. Fire that fucker!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:39 pm

too preoccupied watching the mets to read through these threads but here we are 3+ games since wade went down and fitch & daz still have zero idea what this offense can do.

despite daz fighting it, the OL sucks just as we said in week 1
after 3 games, it appears they're finally realizing what the non walrus / nospace / whalepants have realized. smith should start. given the construction of the offense, talent, etc, it's not close

to be honest, don't think wade being in there would make all that much of a difference. in the macro yeah maybe they'd be 5-1 or whatever but the O would be criminally bad.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:15 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Yes because it easy to throw to WRs that can't get open against Howard and it has nothing to do with the fact that other teams play 8 in the box and therefor we have trouble running the ball. You have a high football IQ.

You are completely fucking stupid.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Can you really really point to any unit that has played well? Even the RBs have sucked
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:18 pm

And that's the point exactly, this team would not be much better with Wade. The question is can Addazio recruit QB's capable of running this offense? Should BC recruit for and run a pro style offense?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:19 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Can you really really point to any unit that has played well? Even the RBs have sucked

Pointing at the WRs is like pissing about the fucking power steering on the Titanic.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:20 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:And that's the point exactly, this team would not be much better with Wade. The question is can Addazio recruit QB's capable of running this offense? Should BC recruit for and run a pro style offense?

Running a pro style offense is why this team fucking sucks in the first place.,
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:23 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:And that's the point exactly, this team would not be much better with Wade. The question is can Addazio recruit QB's capable of running this offense? Should BC recruit for and run a pro style offense?

that's not true but it sure as shit doesn't help
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:25 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

that's not true but it sure as shit doesn't help

Once the one guy that can throw goes down, stop with that retarded pistol bullshit.

That said, I am sorry I was that correct about Duck Dynasty. He's terrible
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:27 pm

as i said about flutie, the 119 or whatever other D1 HCs weren't wrong
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:39 pm

It's too bad they were right about smith too
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:41 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:It's too bad they were right about smith too

Whoops, no. Good try though
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Oh, did Terry Bowden offer him as a qb?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:45 pm

I'm not saying this team can run a pro style offense, but can BC recruit dual threat QB's that are capable of running the read option? Wade and Smith do not appear to be the answer. They might develop, but they might not get much better.

Smith should run the read option for the rest of the season. He is going to put the ball on the ground, but he might also make a TD run. Either way Daz needs to develop him and hopefully get this offense to be decent by the end of the year. This is all about having a returning starting QB and an offense that is good game 1 next year. We have 6 scrimmages left this year, make the most of them by developing an offense.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:47 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Oh, did Terry Bowden offer him as a qb?

Yes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I'm not saying this team can run a pro style offense, but can BC recruit dual threat QB's that are capable of running the read option? Wade and Smith do not appear to be the answer. They might develop, but they might not get much better.

Smith should run the read option for the rest of the season. He is going to put the ball on the ground, but he might also make a TD run. Either way Daz needs to develop him and hopefully get this offense to be decent by the end of the year. This is all about having a returning starting QB and an offense that is good game 1 next year. We have 6 scrimmages left this year, make the most of them by developing an offense.

They aren't running the read option that's the problem
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:20 pm

Agreed, but why is he not running the read option? Is this because he can't run it?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium