Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Wake Forest - 10/10/2015

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Wake Forest - 10/10/2015

Postby Hunta518 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:26 pm

Even spaziani could have handled that last drive, never seen anything like that.
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:26 pm

What roller coaster of emotions.

This will go down in history as one of the most fucktarded games in BC history.

I feel for the defense and all the players that left it out on the field. You deserved better than that ending.

P.s. Anyone that tries and blames Rouse for this loss is :clownshoes and deserves to die of superaids.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Fire him on Monday. Brown for rest of year. Matt Campbell or Jeff Brohm as next Head Coach.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:28 pm

Daz throwing his fucking headset in anger is rich.

Hey, asshole, learn how to manage a fucking football game. After the measurement, the clock starts again, so you SPIKE THE FUCKING FOOTBALL LEAVING YOU A FUCKING CHANCE TO RUN AT LEAST TWO GOD DAMN PLAYS.

Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:28 pm

I feel so incredibly bad for this defense. That was such an amazing game from them. And for them to -- against all odds -- get us the ball back on the Wake 11 with a minute left in the game and no timeouts left, and then for the game to end like that is just so wrong.

4 trips to redzone today from the offense today. 0/2 on FG's. 1 fumble. 1 brain hemorrhage.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:30 pm

I am also a Steelers fan, so I am pretty fucking tired of shitty kickers losing games for teams that deserve to win.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Bender on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:31 pm

A well earned loss by everyone not associated with the defense. Terrible preparation for situational football by Addazio, the team had no clue how to handle things after the measurement.

Addazio was way too conservative all game, and I don't know how you turn the ball over four times and commit so many penalties when you're trying to be so conservative but congratulations for that achievement. You can't win if the defense doesn't even have to consider the threat of a pass, and that's not all on the QBs (although they aren't ready to run a high level FBS program) the whole offense could use an overhaul, J. Smith needs a position change. The offensive line needs to be better if they're going to make a bowl game this year.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby Skidmark on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:31 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:FUCKING FIRE ADDAZIO.

What a fucking joke this guy is.

Running the ball with no timeouts? Spike the fucking ball.

I've been defending Addazio in the past, but this is beyond inexcusable. As soon as they came out to measure for the first down, Daz should have been running out on the field and telling Smith: "If it is a first down, get up there and spike it immediately." Why you call a play and have your players huddle with a running clock is mind boggling. Every single poster on this board could manage a game better than Addazio. I really mean that.
Skidmark
n00b

Postby tallsy on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:32 pm

A Bowl game??!!

Who are they going to beat for rest of year?
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Lots of blame to go around in this one.
- 0/2 on FG's.
- Players fumbling the ball.
- So many penalties in this game.

Lots of blame, but Daz better own up to the staff's share of the blame as well. In spite of it all, you're gifted the ball on the 11 yard line by your defense. Then, instead of wasting a spike to stop the clock, the refs give you a measurement with 30 seconds left. You can afford one mistake by the coaches in that situation.
- Call a run play, but snap the ball the moment the clock goes live, fine. Maybe we get 7 and win. Maybe we don't get in but have time to spike and get the FG.
- Forget that the clock will roll after the measurement but call a pass plan, fine. Maybe you get 7, but on an incomplete at least you still have time.

It is absolutely 100% on the coaches that the offense huddled after the measurement and ran a run plan. They didn't get the snap off until 18 seconds. Calling a run play with 18 seconds an no timeouts is just never acceptable in football.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Also, can't WAIT to see how Hockeyruption is going to spin this, because access.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCGUY1 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:43 pm

BC '68
Never saw a more poorly coached offensive game .
Addazio must go.
Brown in !

:screamyeagle
BCGUY1
n00b

Postby tallsy on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:45 pm

To unnecessarily top it all off, it's not like they had a play called if Rouse didn't get in. So even if they were incredibly stupid enough to think they could get another play off, they weren't ready.

This convinces me they just didn't know that the clock restarts after the measurement. A firable offense.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:45 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:A Bowl game??!!

Who are they going to beat for rest of year?

I can't imagine anyone watching this team today and finding 4 more wins on our schedule. Which is a real shame because this offense would've really benefited from the extra 15 practices to get ready for 2016.
Last edited by dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby BCdee on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:50 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:JUST LET JET SMITH RUN THE BALL EVERY PLAY!

I mean, our offense can't get any worse, can it?!?! :roll:

OMG, IT GOT WORSE. :roll:

CESSPOOL.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:52 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKSHITASSHOLESBASTARTSMOTHERFUCKINGSHITWORSTOFFENSEIHAVEEVERSEENSOFUCKINGINEPTWHATFUCKINGDUMMIES

Wow, I never expected this from a lady. Dirtbags like us yes, but you have class.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:54 pm

I shut this off screaming with disgust after the Flutie fumble on the fake. I think I missed something and I think I am happy I did.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCdee on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:54 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKSHITASSHOLESBASTARTSMOTHERFUCKINGSHITWORSTOFFENSEIHAVEEVERSEENSOFUCKINGINEPTWHATFUCKINGDUMMIES

Wow, I never expected this from a lady. Dirtbags like us yes, but you have class.

I just needed to vent. ;)

Go Eagles, Beat Clemson! :cheer
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:00 pm

Daz gets credit and blame for it all. He gets some credit for possibly the best defense in the nation. He also gets blame for possibly the worst offense in the nation.

Two mediocre rookie QB's, no FG kicker, and 5 new starters on the OLine. They're excuses, yes, but they're enough that Daz doesn't get fired. But he better watch this game back one time specifically watching not for things the players could've done better, but for things that he and his staff could've done better.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:01 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Daz gets credit and blame for it all. He gets some credit for possibly the best defense in the nation. He also gets blame for possibly the worst offense in the nation.

Two mediocre rookie QB's, no FG kicker, and 5 new starters on the OLine. They're excuses, yes, but they're enough that Daz doesn't get fired. But he better watch this game back one time specifically watching not for things the players could've done better, but for things that he and his staff could've done better.

Fuck your excuses. Any coach that dumb is not the answer. He's not suddenly going to get less dumb.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:03 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I shut this off screaming with disgust after the Flutie fumble on the fake. I think I missed something and I think I am happy I did.

Never re-watch the actual end of the game. OMG. The fact that a BC fan actually missed the real end of the game is actually the best news I've heard today from a fans perspective. Honestly. Don't read the paper. Don't read the message boards. Just disappear until the Clemson game. Ignorance is such bliss.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:05 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Daz gets credit and blame for it all. He gets some credit for possibly the best defense in the nation. He also gets blame for possibly the worst offense in the nation.

Fuck your excuses. Any coach that dumb is not the answer. He's not suddenly going to get less dumb.

It's true, but if he ever has an experienced, competent QB and an experienced, competent OLine...with this defense he's actually going to win ACC championship games, despite the bonehead stuff.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby garf112 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:06 pm

This may have been the worst football game in the history of football games. Basically set the game back 100 years. Not being at the line to run a play when the clock started after the first down was quite possibly the single worst coaching decision I've seen.

The correct answer for Smith or flutie is most definitely, "none of the above."

It is a damn shame that the best defense in college football will be completed wasted this year.
garf112
Carney Hall

Postby garf112 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:07 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:

It's true, but if he ever has an experienced, competent QB and an experienced, competent OLine...with this defense he's actually going to win ACC championship games, despite the bonehead stuff.

Just stop.
garf112
Carney Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:07 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:

Why wait for that to happen (it's not anytime soon), when you can go out and hire someone who knows how to manage a football game? We are wasting the best defense we have ever had.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:10 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:

Why wait for that to happen (it's not anytime soon), when you can go out and hire someone who knows how to manage a football game? We are wasting the best defense we have ever had.

A discussion officially for the other thread.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:17 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I shut this off screaming with disgust after the Flutie fumble on the fake. I think I missed something and I think I am happy I did.

Never re-watch the actual end of the game. OMG. The fact that a BC fan actually missed the real end of the game is actually the best news I've heard today from a fans perspective. Honestly. Don't read the paper. Don't read the message boards. Just disappear until the Clemson game. Ignorance is such bliss.

I almost hit something over the faux ending, I cant bear to hear what really happened. I almost want to watch it, like watching a car wreck, but I will heed your advice and ignore most internet and football.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:25 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

I almost hit something over the faux ending, I cant bear to hear what really happened. I almost want to watch it, like watching a car wreck, but I will heed your advice and ignore most internet and football.

Honestly, just when I couldn't think BC football could break me more than it already had, I witness the part you luckily missed. I thought I was past the anger and depression stages and headed right toward apathy but nope, I'm right back at anger again.

The past 30 minutes were the most angry I've been in a long, long time.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:33 pm

Walrus, he's a terrible coach.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby garf112 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:51 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Honestly, just when I couldn't think BC football could break me more than it already had, I witness the part you luckily missed. I thought I was past the anger and depression stages and headed right toward apathy but nope, I'm right back at anger again.

The past 30 minutes were the most angry I've been in a long, long time.

Felt like I was rooting for the Mets.
garf112
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium