Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Wake Forest - 10/10/2015

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. Wake Forest - 10/10/2015

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:53 pm

I was angry when he punted at midfield with the best defense in the country or when he put Duck Dynasty in to fumble a QB fucking sneak. The end was just laugh out loud funny.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:02 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I shut this off screaming with disgust after the Flutie fumble on the fake. I think I missed something and I think I am happy I did.

Never re-watch the actual end of the game. OMG. The fact that a BC fan actually missed the real end of the game is actually the best news I've heard today from a fans perspective. Honestly. Don't read the paper. Don't read the message boards. Just disappear until the Clemson game. Ignorance is such bliss.

I almost hit something over the faux ending, I cant bear to hear what really happened. I almost want to watch it, like watching a car wreck, but I will heed your advice and ignore most internet and football.

I'm honestly so jealous of you.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:04 pm

Couple other amateur hour BC things that suck, and no I am not talking about the fanbase:

Fucking band. March straight and stop fucking playing during the game. You suck.

Fucking pumped in screeches on third down when the other team is calling signals. Fucking Bush League.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:04 pm

garf112 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I shut this off screaming with disgust after the Flutie fumble on the fake. I think I missed something and I think I am happy I did.

Never re-watch the actual end of the game. OMG. The fact that a BC fan actually missed the real end of the game is actually the best news I've heard today from a fans perspective. Honestly. Don't read the paper. Don't read the message boards. Just disappear until the Clemson game. Ignorance is such bliss.

I almost hit something over the faux ending, I cant bear to hear what really happened. I almost want to watch it, like watching a car wreck, but I will heed your advice and ignore most internet and football.

Honestly, just when I couldn't think BC football could break me more than it already had, I witness the part you luckily missed. I thought I was past the anger and depression stages and headed right toward apathy but nope, I'm right back at anger again.

The past 30 minutes were the most angry I've been in a long, long time.

Felt like I was rooting for the Mets.

Shit...I'm banking on the Mets to cheer me up. LIke hansen, this is the most angry I've been about sports in a long time. I'm just a ball of negativity on the couch right now.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:08 pm

Gowins looked good but that fumble was inexcusable.
D played phenomenally. Again.
Smith looked good and moved the O very well.
Lichtensuckingass is terrible.
Alston is a terrible PR. He does great when he actually catches the ball and runs. But, he is terrible at making decisions.
Flutie should not be seeing time.

The last play was quintessential Daziani. All you need to know about him as a coach. He will never win big at BC or anywhere. It was downright comical. They were in full panic. Daz screaming in his headset the entire measurement. Had no effing clue what was going on. 29-seconds and only ran a single play. Wake couldn't do it and they were trying to run out the clock.

If that bald fuck blames anyone but himself and his USF failure of an OC, the players should quit midseason.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:31 pm

Calling out the tards that have been screaming that that Jeff Smith is the answer!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:32 pm

Jeff Smith is the answer and it is not close.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby h2o on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:46 pm

For the first time in my 50 years of following BC football I can honestly say I HATE watching BC. This is the worst offense I can ever remember. Why Flutie is setting foot on the field is beyond me. Fuck this platooning shit at QB, it's not fair to the rest of the team. Play Smith and live or die with the results.

Daz is a dipshit.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:49 pm

Worst BC game I've seen in 30 years. The kicker is a joke, we'd be 5-1 without his efforts. The offense and coaching were laughable.

This team isn't remotely fun to watch.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:56 pm

This loss and last weeks is on the coach and his stubborness not the kicker.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:04 pm

Just got back from Alumni. Worst played game I have ever seen at Alumni and it's not even close. BC should have scored a TD at the end for a final score of 6-3 ( yes the PAT would be missed ).

The platooning of QB's needs to go. Smith in my opinion needs to be the QB. Stick with one QB and be done with it.

I am officially off of the Daz bandwagon, he cost us a W here. BC really needed to win this game as a W towards bowl eligibility. We are not going to a bowl game this year and that is obvious by now. My 8-5 preseason prediction and oh well, laughable right now.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:10 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Honestly, just when I couldn't think BC football could break me more than it already had, I witness the part you luckily missed. I thought I was past the anger and depression stages and headed right toward apathy but nope, I'm right back at anger again.

The past 30 minutes were the most angry I've been in a long, long time.

I DVR'd the game as I watched it, I forgot to delete it I was so pissed and the ending is sitting there mocking me to watch, like a snuff film or 2 girls 1 cup/
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:32 pm

Addazio needs to remove Fitch at the end of the season (or now, but that won't happen) and accept the fact that he (Addazio) should not be involved in the offense. At this point, it's our only hope for getting any enjoyment out of BC football for the foreseeable future because I'm guessing Addazio will get at least 2.5 more seasons. Seven points in three ACC games is a fireable offense for an offensive coordinator no matter how many people are injured.

The QB substitution patterns are mind numbingly moronic and must stop.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:10 pm

our starting goalie can nail 40 yard FGs barefooted after getting new hips a couple of months ago https://twitter.com/BCHockeyNews/status ... 5173621760

daz can't find a kicker to hit 30 yarders
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby tailgater94 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Daz is a decent recruiter, has instilled very much needed toughness into this team, and knows how to fire these kids up. He is also a great fit for BC, being a New England guy, Catholic, and seemingly emphasizing values that are in line with BC's somewhat unique (shared by very few other D1A football playing schools) mission.

A lot of good head coach qualities for this unique situation, but it's still not enough to overcome his huge weaknesses, because he needs to be all that and win too. He is completely inept at game management. The end of this game was worse than spaz level retardation.

He should hire a high powered offensive coordinator and let that guy manage all aspects of offensive game management. Like Jags/Logan.

ATL alluded to rumors that Daz doesn't take well to feedback, so I'm not optimistic. His boss needs to step in and make this happen. It's a simple solution, but I doubt he will do it and/or BC will shell out the big money needed for a big time OC that could make this happen. It's a much cheaper solution than several yrs of losing + another coaching search and all the disruption of another coaching change
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:59 am

When a player keeps failing time and time again as is the case with our kickers, the fault as it did last year lies within the coaching staff for not adjusting accordingly as opposed to the player
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:49 am

I forgot to mention that this enitre game is Colton Lichtenberg's fault. Anyone who disagrees doesn't even math.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:09 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Addazio needs to remove Fitch at the end of the season (or now, but that won't happen) and accept the fact that he (Addazio) should not be involved in the offense. At this point, it's our only hope for getting any enjoyment out of BC football for the foreseeable future because I'm guessing Addazio will get at least 2.5 more seasons. Seven points in three ACC games is a fireable offense for an offensive coordinator no matter how many people are injured.

The QB substitution patterns are mind numbingly moronic and must stop.

You're right but it's not happening.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:47 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I forgot to mention that this enitre game is Colton Lichtenberg's fault. Anyone who disagrees doesn't even math.

ugh. i feel bad for this kid. he looks like he's 15 years old.

if you had told me the story of this game, i would not believe you. really amazing. :irr :ignign :quadlaser :seanwilliams :quadlaser :shake

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby tallsy on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:46 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:When a player keeps failing time and time again as is the case with our kickers, the fault as it did last year lies within the coaching staff for not adjusting accordingly as opposed to the player

What is the adjustment for a player unreliable for a chip shot? I agree that it's a coaching problem, but it's recruiting not in game adjustments.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby tallsy on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:46 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:When a player keeps failing time and time again as is the case with our kickers, the fault as it did last year lies within the coaching staff for not adjusting accordingly as opposed to the player

What is the adjustment for a player unreliable for a chip shot? I agree that it's a coaching problem, but it's recruiting not in game adjustments.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:51 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Will Knoll ever kick again for BC?

He made a few extra points against Howard. Anyone know the story here?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Iggle on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:53 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:

I'm not sure what the answer is, but it seems like getting a walk on that also can't make a chip shot isn't it.

Also, Knoll was 9 of 11 on FGs and perfect 27 for XPs senior year of high school, apparently. How is he so messed up that he isn't playing? Is there an injury I don't know about?
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:02 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I would rather see Colton Lichtenberg's scholarship be given to a family of raccoons. This game is his fault, almost entirely his fault. What a sorry, sorry effort.

Is he on scholarship? I hope not!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:15 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I would rather see Colton Lichtenberg's scholarship be given to a family of raccoons. This game is his fault, almost entirely his fault. What a sorry, sorry effort.

He is on scholarship.

It's 100% between the ears with him, he has plenty of leg strength.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:24 pm

A macro level point on this offense:

It is impossible to run 15 and 20 play drives all game to score TDs. BCs offense is 5 yards, 2 yards, 4 yards for every first down. They have got to find a way to hit explosive plays, trying to string these long drives together is a recipe for penalties or punts.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:42 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

He is on scholarship.

Are you sure? I thought he was a preferred walkon.
Yes, he has plenty of legstrength to hit 25 and 31 yarders but his kickoffs are weak.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:36 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:

Yes it is. its simply going for it, knowing the expected value of going for it and eventually scoring a touchdown is higher than the expected value of making the field goal.

in fact, it is the definition of not being good at in game adjustments. its knowing you absolutely have a problem and refusing to adjust your behavior.

of course, it is still is a recruiting problem. they're just not mutually exclusive.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:48 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

He is on scholarship.

Are you sure? I thought he was a preferred walkon.
Yes, he has plenty of legstrength to hit 25 and 31 yarders but his kickoffs are weak.

Not 100% sure no. At least the kick offs are high
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:48 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
tallsy {l Wrote}:

Yes it is. its simply going for it, knowing the expected value of going for it and eventually scoring a touchdown is higher than the expected value of making the field goal.

in fact, it is the definition of not being good at in game adjustments. its knowing you absolutely have a problem and refusing to adjust your behavior.

of course, it is still is a recruiting problem. they're just not mutually exclusive.

Tough on 4th Down when passing isn't an option either.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium