The Neighborhood War

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: The Neighborhood War

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:19 pm

I once had to share a 3 hour car service ride with a Harvard prof who lives near BC. He spent probably 2 of them complaining about Alumni stadium and the football traffic and the fact they closed the road to let the Navy team bus get to alumni one time. The sheer fact this guy couldn't recognize that he bought a house next to a stadium that was there decades before he was and should have known better amazed me. That and the fact a bus full of future officers in the US Navy is a pretty obvious terrorist target means you should just deal with a 10 minute delay in your run to whole foods. Nothing surprises me with these folks.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:34 pm

They are all Democrats, they do not believe in private property rights and they believe that what is theirs is theirs and what is yours they have a right to either tell you what you can and cannot due with it or they can use the government to take it from you.

The best use of the land is for practice facilities, playing fields, etc. Get the school crowd on your side by letting them use the facilities on a rental basis.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:58 am

the movie theater has been abandoned for nearly a decade now because these moonbats have fought any idea at every turn. i wonder why developers even try, pull out and let brighton fall deeper into a shithole. i'm sure that'll do wonders for their soaring property values
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:09 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:They are all Democrats, they do not believe in private property rights and they believe that what is theirs is theirs and what is yours they have a right to either tell you what you can and cannot due with it or they can use the government to take it from you.

The best use of the land is for practice facilities, playing fields, etc. Get the school crowd on your side by letting them use the facilities on a rental basis.

I hate agreeing with EagleKeeper
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:22 am

Resident Simon French, who lives walking distance from the property, said the undeveloped portion of the congregation’s land wedged in the middle of the Webster Conservation Area is used by people hiking, walking dogs, and kids exploring.

Why are people hiking and walking dogs on other people's private property?

These people are assholes, always have been, always will be.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:41 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Resident Simon French, who lives walking distance from the property, said the undeveloped portion of the congregation’s land wedged in the middle of the Webster Conservation Area is used by people hiking, walking dogs, and kids exploring.

exactly - set up some bear traps and let them wander around with fluffy and bella. that would be funny to me
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:32 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:the movie theater has been abandoned for nearly a decade now because these moonbats have fought any idea at every turn. i wonder why developers even try, pull out and let brighton fall deeper into a shithole. i'm sure that'll do wonders for their soaring property values

Ah yes Eva was all over that project because the entrance to the new project wasn't facing the direction she wanted it to. FWIW the Applebees next to Circle Cinema closed in June so maybe that project is moving forward.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:33 am

fighting behind the abandoned restaurant doesn't sound as satisfying as fighting behind applebees
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:13 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:fighting behind the abandoned restaurant doesn't sound as satisfying as fighting behind applebees

Sounds more hood though, thinking we could all use some more street cred.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:04 am

shut up, broccoleener
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:16 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

exactly - set up some bear traps and let them wander around with fluffy and bella. that would be funny to me

These liberal whining fucks are as ignorant as the mongoloid fetuses at Planned Parenthood. (I mean PP's supporters)

This is how much of an asshole people in Massachusetts are, I there was an accident on the Turnpike before the FSU game (actually several accidents) I had 3 people ride the bumper so I couldnt merge right and one guy shook his head like he was taking a stand. I had to tell him that I understand that he had to hurry home because he couldnt wait to fellate his significant other, but come on. One asshole, ok, 3 in a row?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:26 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
This is how much of an asshole people in Massachusetts are, I there was an accident on the Turnpike before the FSU game (actually several accidents) I had 3 people ride the bumper so I couldnt merge right and one guy shook his head like he was taking a stand. I had to tell him that I understand that he had to hurry home because he couldnt wait to fellate his significant other, but come on. One asshole, ok, 3 in a row?

before i cast judgement on this situation, i have one quick question.

prior to the merge prevention, did you jersey your way up past a bunch of stopped cars and then try to merge at the last second?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:05 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:the movie theater has been abandoned for nearly a decade now because these moonbats have fought any idea at every turn. i wonder why developers even try, pull out and let brighton fall deeper into a shithole. i'm sure that'll do wonders for their soaring property values

Ah yes Eva was all over that project because the entrance to the new project wasn't facing the direction she wanted it to. FWIW the Applebees next to Circle Cinema closed in June so maybe that project is moving forward.

I drove by it on my way to the Howard game and there was absolutely nothing going on in that lot. A really eyesore, even for Cleveland Circle.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:14 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

prior to the merge prevention, did you jersey your way up past a bunch of stopped cars and then try to merge at the last second?

There was a line to exit, but everyone was going at a nice clip and then it was a dead stop and I tried to get over. It was either that or 30 minutes to go 1 mile.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:17 pm

Easy TRE, Fluffy & Bella are people too. Unborn fetus is not. Get your priorities in order.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:21 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Easy TRE, Fluffy & Bella are people too. Unborn fetus is not. Get your priorities in order.

don't worry - i also asked for bear traps installed in the corners once they are filled in in two-thousand-never
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:21 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

I drove by it on my way to the Howard game and there was absolutely nothing going on in that lot. A really eyesore, even for Cleveland Circle.

The Boston Zoning Board of Appeals was supposed to meet last month to vote on the project. FYI, the developers changed the residential portion of the project to be a 55-and-over community, which was enough to appease Eva and her cats. Brookline has already signed off on the project. The developer expects to get approval from the city and thinks the project will be complete by mid-2017.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:33 pm

The entire shitty city of Brighton and the nimby idiots that live there should be nuked
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:36 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

The Boston Zoning Board of Appeals was supposed to meet last month to vote on the project. FYI, the developers changed the residential portion of the project to be a 55-and-over community, which was enough to appease Eva and her cats. Brookline has already signed off on the project. The developer expects to get approval from the city and thinks the project will be complete by mid-2017.

I thought that were mad about the hotel?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:42 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

Me, too, but apparently they were mad about the apartments and the possibility of students living in those apartments.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

Eva's got bigger fish to fry now... the playing fields next to the new project.

Warner presented two options on which to base future discussions. In Option A, the baseball field would be moved slightly to reduce overlap between outfields, the concrete bleachers would be reduced in size while in Option B one of the softball fields would be moved completely, so that the backstop would be on Beacon Street. However, this would create a raised area in all three outfields for football field drainage.

There were other concerns with Option B, as well. Local resident Eva Webster said that it would harm the view from Beacon Street with the backstop in the way.

Warner said that they also wanted to renovate the field house, adding restrooms and storage from the teams playing there.

Webster said she was worried about restrooms not being cleaned and being dangerous and suggested that a private company lease the building and run a cafe to maintain it and any restrooms.

Oh no, a backstop being visible from Beacon Street!
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:52 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

There was a line to exit, but everyone was going at a nice clip and then it was a dead stop and I tried to get over. It was either that or 30 minutes to go 1 mile.

Had the same issue for the NIU game, idiots who don't know that the exit ramp on 17 is 2 lanes.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
Warner presented two options on which to base future discussions. In Option A, the baseball field would be moved slightly to reduce overlap between outfields, the concrete bleachers would be reduced in size while in Option B one of the softball fields would be moved completely, so that the backstop would be on Beacon Street. However, this would create a raised area in all three outfields for football field drainage.

There were other concerns with Option B, as well. Local resident Eva Webster said that it would harm the view from Beacon Street with the backstop in the way.

Warner said that they also wanted to renovate the field house, adding restrooms and storage from the teams playing there.

Webster said she was worried about restrooms not being cleaned and being dangerous and suggested that a private company lease the building and run a cafe to maintain it and any restrooms.

Typical lib, always quick to spend someone else's money.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:28 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

Who the fuck appointed her queen of the neighborhood. You unelected whore.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:02 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:The entire shitty city of Brighton and the nimby idiots that live there should be nuked

Brighton is a section of Boston, not a separate city. But I get your point.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby StratEagle on Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:09 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:The entire shitty city of Brighton and the nimby idiots that live there should be nuked

Brighton is a section of Boston, not a separate city. But I get your point.

A/B doesn't deserve to be associated with Boston, but yes I'm aware
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:25 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

This is for the Cleveland circle field. I didn't realize it until I searched the Internet.
Let her be queen whore of that neighborhood if it means she'll get distracted and leave us alone.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby NaturalLight on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:23 pm

I would sacrifice 1000 dead fetuses if it meant better tailgating
NaturalLight
Carney Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:41 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:

This is for the Cleveland circle field. I didn't realize it until I searched the Internet.
Let her be queen whore of that neighborhood if it means she'll get distracted and leave us alone.

Who does she speak for, besides herself? She doesn't even live right there, and wouldn't a view from Beacon Street there be from Brookline? She previously stated something like the positioning of the hotel would affect the traffic it sees. She apparently knows more than the developers, based on her urban planning and traffic engineering degrees, no doubt. To quote Judge Smails: "Don't you people have jobs?"
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:45 pm

judge smails asked if they had homes, not jobs
TobaccoRoadEagle