wake week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

wake week

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:53 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah!!!!

back when bc football was good and message boarding was fun
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Re: wake week

Postby BCdee on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:09 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah!!!!

back when bc football was good and message boarding was fun

BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:31 pm

dee - he knows you're looking but he doesn't mind
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:14 pm

how can we be favored by -7.5 when the over under for points scored by our offense is 6.5? is vegas that confident in our defense?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:36 pm

Wake Game Week: Addazio Addresses Media

Oct. 05, 2015

CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. - Third-year head coach Steve Addazio addressed the media during his weekly press conference on Monday and discusses the team's performance at Duke, the continuing quarterback battle, the performance of the top-ranked defense in the country and the upcoming matchup with Wake Forest. The Eagles (3-2, 0-2 ACC) will host the Demon Deacons (2-3, 0-1 ACC) on Saturday 3 p.m. in Alumni Stadium. The game will be broadcast on WEEI 850 AM and the ACC Regional Sports Network.

Recapping the game at Duke…
"Obviously, we'll clean up from last week's game and get ready to move on to this week's game, which is what this is all about. Going back through the game, grading the film, I thought we played another really good game defensively. Obviously, we held a good team to under 300 yards of offense, which was a good goal. [Duke] had a really hard time running the football. They had 228 of total yards, they rushed for 33 yards. We gave up some short passes and a couple little deals, but overall, I thought we did a fabulous job.

"On offense, we had over 300 yards, we rushed for 164 and passed for 141. It was probably our most balanced day. We went in there trying to establish our play action passes, which I thought we did. We had some shots that were wide open that we couldn't connect on and we need to do that. Of course, we did connect on a couple and one was brought back, unfortunately. We had no interceptions and no turnovers and we won the time of possession again. So there is a lot of positive in there, other than the fact that we didn't win that football game.

"There's growth. The problem is we need a lot more growth. We've got a lot of new pieces in there and continual shuffling of bodies due to injuries is unsettling, so we are not getting the continuity we need to be an execution offense. There are times when we actually look pretty good and then there are a bunch of times when things just don't look right. We have to continue to work stead and devote and fix it. Our line play has to get better. Our quarterback play has to get better and there are varying different reasons for those things. Some is age, some is not, but that is what we have to get better.

"Special teams- we still struggle on the execution and components of special teams: Kickoff return and punt return. We missed a critical field goal, two of them actually. One didn't get kicked and one did get kicked and we didn't make it. We've got to be able to do that.

"We had plenty of opportunities to win the football game. Bottom line. We had real life opportunities to win that game and couldn't accomplish that. That's the part that bothers me and concerns me. In between the white lines, we played very hard and were physical. We play hard and see the team competing. Those are the foundational blocks that are most important. I just don't think our execution is good enough and I surely understand some of the reasons why. We are young to begin with then we took some massive amounts of injuries and it becomes difficult. So we have to fight our way back and just refit things, reorganize things, re-evaluate things and see what the best things that guys can do. That's what we are worried about too."

On the upcoming matchup with Wake Forest…
"We play Wake Forest. That is why we are here today. Wake Forest is a really good football team. They are fundamentally sound. They are young. Probably a mirrored team to us. They have three returning starters on offense. They are breaking in a young quarterback. I think Wolford, who was dinged up, and the new kid Kendall Hinton, is in there and he is a little more dual threat. They've got two really good running backs. A couple good wide receivers. I think they have a good scheme. They can run, they can throw and they are pretty balanced. They've played some pretty good darn games and I think they are a work in progress on offense, just like we are, to tell you the truth. Different styles. I think they will present some real challenges to our defense.

"On defense, they are 20th in total defense. 53rd against the run and 15th against the pass. They had an outstanding defense last year. I remember telling everybody that and people [questioned the statement about their defense] and then we went down there and [those people] were like, 'Wow. They really have a good defense.' They still are really good on defense. They play good defense. They have some really good defensive players. Three linebackers are all back and I think they are outstanding players. [Marquel] Lee and [Brandon] Chubb. I like their strong safety Ryan Janvion. They have good players, a good scheme and they are well coached. On special teams, they come after the punt. They do all the things they need to do when you're building your program. Be fundamentally sound, play hard, be good on special teams. They are doing those things.

"I think Dave Clawson is an exceptional coach and I think he is building the program the right way. We're going to have two programs that are going to meet, probably evenly matched teams, that are going to meet in the stadium. Both need to get a win so it will be a very competitive football game."

On who to expect will be playing in the kicking this week…
"We always look at everybody but I think Colton [Litchtenberg] is a young kicker and we have to let him go. Obviously, we started the season with [Alex] Howell but Howell is hurt. There is not much we can about that. Add him to the list [of injured players]. [Howell] doesn't kick during the week at all. Not punting, not kick, nothing. The most we can get out of [Howell] is punting and he is punting up to his normal punting self, so we can't even think about field goals and extra points. We feel right now that we are going with Colton. Is that a permanent thing? Nothing's permanent. Right now, were trying to develop [Colton] a little bit and go in that direction. We're young. Last year, we had a true freshman and this year, we have another true freshman. You've got to live with growing pains with these guys and make the determination of whether they are growing pains and will they get there? Those are all the things. You don't base it off of one kick. A young guy goes into a critical game to win the game at the end of the game. That is part of development."

On freshmen playing starting roles…
"A freshman quarterback is a freshman quarterback. Are there exceptions? There are always exceptions. It's hard to play quarterback as a freshman. It's hard to play offensive line as a freshman. We've got on in there too. It's hard to be the starting kicker as a freshman. You can't just lose your starting quarterback and put somebody in there that is a true freshman, or a redshirt freshman in the game, and just act like that doesn't matter. Of course it matters. It matters to everybody in the country. Not just us. Same with the kicker. Same with a lot of positions. Some more so than others. Some are so pivotal. To a running team like us, to be down our two starting tight ends is a pretty big whack. We've got to regather and re-bite. The world is not coming to an end. You have to develop. You have to develop your team and grow them. You are dealt a few hard blows and you have to deal with it.

"The thing you can't do it panic about it. You can't make an inexperienced guy and experienced guy in a couple of weeks. It's just not going to happen. We're talking kicker, we're talking quarterback. Whatever. There are positions, especially on offense, where that is going to be difficult. Offensive line and quarterback, those kinds of things, are very, very hard. Wide receivers sometimes. We lost two of our top wide receiver freshman for eight weeks. You can plug a wide receiver in there and sometimes you can plug a running back in there. Those positions, you can plug people in there but it [isn't] easy. It's not how you start, it is how you finish. Some guys can get out there and jumpstart quicker than other guys. It's not necessarily a reflection. I remember Tyler Murphy as a true freshman at Florida. Jeff Smith is far ahead of where Tyler was as a true freshman. I can tell you that. So if that is an indication of anything. Jeff can throw it better at this same age and run it better and is playing in the game. Just for perspective. Where does that put him three years from now? All of us lose our perspective. Why? Because you're in the heat of the moment. We need to win football games. What else can you do but say, 'that's not right and that's not right.' I know that and I understand that but those things will come. It takes time."

On his expectations for the team…
"We talked about replacing guys as early as one week ago. We lost our quarterback in game three. We lost one of our tight ends in preseason camp. Then we lost our quarterback then our running back. When we lost our quarterback, we also lost our center. Then we lost our next tight end. Then Myles Willis didn't play in the game. Then Alex Howell got hurt. So you are just recently dealing with these issues. Are we the only team that has injuries? No. There are a fair amount of injuries on one side of the ball. If you didn't have that, if Darius Wade was still quarterback, you would have a real expectation from week one to now and you would really be looking at this. Which is what I thought we would be looking at. Come out of the Florida State game, a great learning experience. Get a little better versus Northern Illinois with your quarterback. Then you are starting to formulate your identity. Then you come in and play Duke. That is how normal football flow goes. But that is not going to happen here. In weeks three and four and five, we've had tremendous upheaval. Offensively, that is. Defensively, we have had no upheaval. Zero. Which is a good thing. But for me to say my expectations in week five or six from week one. I feel like it is less than week one already. Honestly, right now, I feel like I'm in training camp to a degree. Trying to search out some of these things because until you get in game situations, you don't know exactly where people's true strengths are. And then you have to tweak things. When you are a running team and you lose your two tight ends, it's pretty critical to you. In our scheme, and then you lose your starting tailback. Then really, another starting tailback.

"I don't mean to keep bantering on because no one cares, and I get that, but to answer the question of expectation. The expectation right now is to get a little better each week. The expectation is to coach our team. Give them a real plan, work on fundamentals and get a little better each week. If you try to take that to another level, you can tank a young team really quick and then you won't see those incremental and then you kind of go sideways until the next year. We're trying not to have that happen right now. I'm just trying to build confidence and look at the positives where they lie. There were certainly positives, and coach off the negatives, because there were certainly a lot of those too. That is kind of where we are. I think that is the expectation on offense. There is probably a different expectation on special teams and a different expectation on defense, right? We're much more veteran on defense and more healthy. We are playing with more than what we had in preseason camp. That is why they call it a team. Like a family. You are going to have different issues at different times. You have to play to your strengths and find ways to win, which we really had an opportunity to do that. That is what is very frustrating is that it got away from us on Saturday. We didn't outperform them or we would have won on the game but we certainly, statistically, outperformed them, but we couldn't do the things necessary to close that game off, which give all the credit to [Duke]. They're at home and they did it and we're on the road and we didn't do it. But there was growth. We played a good football team. I think they are rated ninth in the country on defense right now. We didn't play an average football team. They will probably contend for that side of the division. We've played some good football teams. We have not played poor defensive teams. On top of our offensive woes if you will, we're playing against really good defenses right now. That doesn't help you when you're trying to get better. It is just what it is."

On the quarterback situation…
"In a perfect world, I'm not a two-quarterback guy. But I don't think either one has taken [the starting job]. They've had their moments of good things and their moments of bad things. On top of what I just said, I'm not sure at this point that either one can handle the whole game. I'm not sure that can happen. I think what we are wrestling with is not whether we will play two quarterbacks, it's kind of what we're doing and percentage of what we're doing. My hope is that quite honestly, that one of them will make it a non-decision. We are just not there yet. Everyone is going to have an opinion about that but that is just the facts. Watch the film. There are some good things and some bad things. People would say, 'if you just went with one, the [quarterback position] would get better.' I don't think that is the case. If I thought that was the case, I would do that. I don't know that that is the case. I don't see that. I just don't see that right now. I've spent a lot of energy and a lot of time on this. I think the best thing right now is to play both of them. That could change in a week or two. But right now, it helps the development of both of them. And for right now, I think that this gives us the best opportunity. It is my decision and that is what I'm making. Those percentages may shift. That is where we are. Like I said, I really hope one can take the ball and run with it and show me real consistency in what they're doing. It is just not there yet."

On whether the quarterback situation gives opponents an advantage…
"It does. I talk to our defensive coaches. I like to always start within our staff. I'll meet with the offense and with the defense and say, 'What do you guys think? What is your take on this?' Get your viewpoint from the other side of the ball. They'll tell you that it poses a problem to have two different kinds of guys and two different kind of approaches that we have out of both of them. Two guys coming at you and you have to prepare a little differently for each situation. So that adds an element. That is not what I would prefer to do, but that is an element. From where we are right now, there is something to that. If I thought one guy could roll with it right now, I would choose that to be the first choice. But I also see it as at least we are developing two guys so if one guy goes down. That is not why we are doing it, but if one were to go down, we're not going to start from square one again. Someone is going to have at least some bank of experience here. You saw [Troy] Flutie got hurt at the end. Nothing serious, but that is how fragile it is. We need some bank. It's hard. You're trying to win a game at crunch time, at the very end, and all of sudden, [this happens]. They both have strengths and they both have weaknesses. When you're in those critical crunches, you are really trying to do what the right thing is to try and get the first down necessary to move the chains. You have to process both those things very fast. It just adds the last bit and that last bit is a little much. But that is life. It is what happened.

"Troy - on that last play - he just ran himself to a problem. It was a tremendous pocket. Stand there and deliver the ball. If you don't like it, shiver up and run vertically because all we were trying to do was to get seven more yards to get a field goal, or at least an attempt. He is just a young guy trying to make a play and that is all part of it. Both guys are young. Darius is young. He had a couple games under his belt. That is all. Not even when you count the fact that he probably only played a quarter against Howard. He just had a little more experience than those other guys had. He had more prep. And all that kind of stuff.

"It's an interesting year and an interesting start. These are challenges that get presented and my view of this stuff is that there is a reason for everything and you become a stronger football program. Sometimes not in the timely fashion that everyone wants to see it. But all this stuff will be an investment. It's called experience and it's young players and eventually those pay dividends. We would all like for it to be different, starting with me. I don't accept all that. In my mind, just keep putting money in the bank and the investment will pay off. It is going to come back to us. It may not come back to us right now. But it is going to come back to us and sometimes you have to feel a little of that pain. It's a great motivator and it develops you. You have to keep things real, but you have to keep them positive. You can't take young players. If you have older players, you can get after them a little but with the young players, you can't tank them. It's exciting and frustrating, all in one shot."

On the play of the young offensive linemen…
"[Jon Baker is] playing really hard. He will be a heck of a football player. When you think of BC offensive line, he's going to be one of those guys. He's just a sophomore, but he's going to be one of those guys.

"It's just like Chris Lindstrom; he's just a freshman. Last year he was 235 pounds and he's now 275. He's still a little undersized, but he's going to be a dominant football player someday. Right now, he's battling, he's making some plays and sometimes he's getting his tail handed to him, but that's okay.

"I'll tell you what though, you're talking about two young guys who in the not so distance future will be two of the better players in the ACC. That's not that far off, so we've got to hang in there and let those guys marinate. It'll happen."

On sophomore WR Thadd Smith's ability to become a playmaker…
"I'm very excited about Thadd. I'm smiling because you could see it coming with him. He's all about doing the right stuff. He's been working really hard and he's a great guy, and it's starting to happen for him. You can see it happening for him right now, and you love it when you can see that happening for young guys like him. That flower is blossoming right now. It's starting to happen. That's one that you can look and say, 'There it goes!'

"It's just starting. Elijah Robinson is just perking right now. You're just seeing it. A guy like Michael Walker is in the early stage that [Smith] was in last year. But we're very happy about [Smith]. He'll continue to grow, with some growing pains, and continue to develop.

"Now I'm kind of anxious to throw that deep ball again like we used to do with [Alex Amidon]. [Smith] is not where Amidon was, but he's a different player right now. He's starting to embrace all of that. He wasn't ready last year, but I think him and [Robinson] will both be exciting players. But we're just flickering right now."

On sophomore WR/PR Sherman Alston's recent play…
"I think confidence is a funny thing. Sometimes guys press too much. You're trying to press to try and make plays. Sometimes when guys go in their sophomore years after having success as a freshman, there's a lot going on. When you're a freshman there's no expectations, then all of a sudden, whether it's on you or you create your own, sometimes when you get into that sophomore year you've got to really rethink your approaches.

"I think Sherm is a really exciting young football player that is in a rough patch right now that he has to fight himself through. He's a competitor he'll do that. He's got to take care of the football and that's first and foremost. That was the only turnover we had on the day. I just think right now he's got to go back to his fundamentals, and take it one step at a time, go back and we all have to deal with adversity. And that's part of the growing process. He didn't have a lot of adversity last year and there wasn't a lot on his shoulders last year. He could be a big role player coming in and do his little thing. Now, he's trying to shoulder more and with that comes all the preparation for all that and all the detail for all that. And now, all the disappointment and the adversity he's feeling, he has to deal with that.

"I think this is how you get through this. You have to take the coaching, you have to pay attention to details and you've got to really hone in on your game. My whole thing is that's a mindset. It's not like just flicking a switch. You've got to have an approach. If you come in with your approach a little off kilter, it's hard now to get that thing back. To me, you come into a season with a mindset, it's called maturity. But sometimes young guys don't come in with that mindset. And then the turbulence hits and you just can't get yourself righted. But that's all part of that youth thing.

"I thought we were going through that same thing with the running backs at the beginning of the year, to be honest with you. And then, to Jon Hilliman's credit, he righted that thing in the game that he got hurt, but I thought you started to see things as brief as it might be.

"It's kind of like the quarterback situation: You can just throw them to the dogs. But if you put these young guys in situations where they can turn the ball over, you can ruin their confidence. Then when the kid's completely rattled, go ahead and try to reel that in at age 17 or 18. So you have to be careful with this stuff. Yes, there are some guys around the country that are doing that and able to get away with it, but that's not where we are. And it's not how you start, it's how you finish. Everybody starts a little different and everybody finishes a little different, it's not a cookie cutter deal. For some guys, it'll take a year; for others, they can do it immediately, but then they'll backtrack. Some guys, it takes three years. For Andre Williams it took four. Everybody is different."

On defense being the key against Wake Forest…
"That's what you would hope for. That's the strength of our team. It's got to be that way. We've got to play great on defense and we have. And that's why we've had a chance every Saturday, at least thus far. We're right in the middle of every game no matter who we're playing. That's the balance of the team. One day it might be flipped, but who knows?

"I think our defense is very strong, and it gives us an opportunity. And I think one of the things we have to do better on offense is when we get towards the red zone we have a tendency, in almost all the games, to have a critical penalty, something that puts us in a tough down and distance. It's really hurt us. It's that hidden stuff that's really hurt us. We've always had a holding penalty. I mean, we're not a penalized team, but we've had critical penalties in the red zone and those really work against you. And then when we have those missed assignments that give you those negative yard plays on first down, it hits you really hard."

On the performance of the defense…
"I thought Steven Daniels really strained to make some plays. He's playing really hard. I think our veteran players on defense are playing like veteran players. Mehdi Abdesmad, Steven Daniels, Justin Simmons, Connor Wujciak; those guys are veteran players and played like it. You know, of course you've got Truman Gutapfel and Kevin Kavalec in their third year, and it's their third year starting, and you're starting to see the fruits of that.

"You plug in a couple of young guys in there, like Connor Strachan and Ty Schwab, who've done a really good job in there. And then we're really athletic in the back end. John Johnson has played a lot of ball. We've got some young corners, both played a lot of ball last year.

"So you're seeing that. And they're all healthy. So the investment in all of that is really paying great dividends right now. We handled [Abdesmad] really well in preseason camp. And we've got a huge return on our investment with him. So we're playing well. It's dually documented. It's certainly one of the very finest defenses in the country and we've got to keep playing like that. You can't drink that Kool-Aid. You've got to be confident and you've got to keep playing hard and realize every week is a new week. Our bell cow right now has got to play that way to give us that opportunity to win. That's the way it is. And those same guys are on the punt team and the kickoff team, and you know, we've got many more young guys on those teams too. So even though they're defensive players, you're seeing the same issues on [special teams]. Guys are just making a lot of mistakes, and they're young defensive players.

"But we're making improvement. There are signs of improvement along the way in a lot of spots. I think we need to take a huge step on the offensive line. I thought we played better the week before [then we did against Duke]. I didn't think we played particularly well upfront, to tell you the truth. And that needs to happen or we'll see new faces there."

On having time to recover from injuries…
"We're a little banged up as you'd expect. This is that time of year that a lot of teams will be getting those bye weeks coming in. But we don't have one until Week 10. So we're not going to have that bye week opportunity, so that's not going to help us."

On whether Troy Flutie or Jeff Smith will start…
"I think both those guys will play, and who starts or who doesn't start will be more formulated on what we think will give us the best chance schematically, which we're still working on. I'm not real hung up on that one. I was earlier, but I'm not now. I think whatever we feel schematically gives us our best shot will be what we'll do. It's not really a big deal at all. But we're just trying to take a look at what the strengths and weaknesses are [for Wake Forest], at least in our view, and how we can exploit whatever we think we can exploit.

"One of the things that I feel really good about is that I think there's a little energy about our play-action game right now. So there's some little perking that's going on right there."
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:34 am

So injuries, youth and not playing the correct personnel. Got it.

I can't believe we're such a large favorite, is Wake better than NIU?

Probably better I'll miss this one anyway as the game last week was so much fun to watch.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:38 am

It's interesting that he talks so much about how much better Jeff Smith is than Tyler Murphy as a freshman.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:39 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:So injuries, youth and not playing the correct personnel. Got it.

I can't believe we're such a large favorite, is Wake better than NIU?

Probably better I'll miss this one anyway as the game last week was so much fun to watch.

Wake is not better than NIU, no, and it probably isn't close. I'm a bit surprised the spread is this close. Like I said, expect a whalepants pants party on Sunday.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:42 am

based on their schedule and performance to date it's difficult to figure out if wake is mediocre or if wake sucks. their one real game (fsu) was played in horrendous conditions (thanks, commodus). other than that, they've played equally mediocre/sucky teams to close finishes.

my take is that they are not as sucky as i originally assumed they would be. i figured them for a 1 or 2 win team (elon and maybe army) but they didn't look horrible against cuse or indiana. we're probably the last potential available win on their schedule so they might show up hot like fire.

if a team like ours can have a trap game, i'd say that trap game kicks off this saturday. will this be the wtf game than further aligns the sarge with the quartermaster
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:44 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:... I'm a bit surprised the spread is this close...

we've shown fairly consistently (less one high school game) that we have difficulty scoring points. if you don't score points, you can't cover spreads.

i think the td spread is about right and i hope like hell we can cover it
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:54 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

we've shown fairly consistently (less one high school game) that we have difficulty scoring points. if you don't score points, you can't cover spreads.

Wake is closer to Maine than it is to FSU, NIU or Duke. BC should be able to get the 14 they will need to cover. And sooner or later, this D is going to score a couple times, law of averages. I am just hoping they save it until Clemson and VT
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Wake is closer to Maine than it is to FSU, NIU or Duke. BC should be able to get the 14 they will need to cover. And sooner or later, this D is going to score a couple times, law of averages. I am just hoping they save it until Clemson and VT

Save it for VT. Unless Clemson looks past us BC is getting rocket-shipped by that team.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:09 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Save it for VT. Unless Clemson looks past us BC is getting rocket-shipped by that team.

Eh, I don't see Clemson rocket shipping this defense. No chance BC wins unless they get defensive points, but it won't be a blowout other than in appearance.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:39 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Eh, I don't see Clemson rocket shipping this defense. No chance BC wins unless they get defensive points, but it won't be a blowout other than in appearance.

also some inside intel for you degenerates. teh claver tailgate is heading down to clemson, we're 2-0 in the daz era when the show goes on the road in acc play (overall record? i forget what happened at the pinstripe bowl and the game at usc)

or in a more familiar format for those who have been around a while

STEVE ADDAZIO'S RECORD OF PERFORMANCE:

ACC ROAD: 4-6
WITH CLAVER TAILGATE: 2-0
WITOUT CLAVER TAILGATE: 2-6
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:53 am

will tubasteak be going with you? if so, i want to receive video of dee shouting his name at him.

you can pixelate faces if this makes you more comfortable and you hate funny things and america
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:02 am

tuba is not part of the claver tailgate, you've been spending too much time around endless canary
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:06 am

I will settle for video of Dee chanting "Whalepants Adam!"
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:11 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:tuba is not part of the claver tailgate, you've been spending too much time around endless canary

next you are going to tell me that you and nospace didn't text during the usc tailgate. nice try, claver but we all know the truth
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:28 am

Claver, are you guys going to do a tailgate? You probably don't need to if you don't want to. You definitely need to walk around and just take everything in. Especially since it is homecoming and there be floats to go see. I am positive people will invite you to have food and drinks and you also need to go to the esso. They have a huge mobile bar outside with tons of games on the Tvs. My husband still wants us to do a tailgate, but I rather not for this game. He has lots of friends that have them, so there are so many options. We will most likely spend most of our time at the esso. Tuba Steaaaaaaaak!!
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:41 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

also some inside intel for you degenerates. teh claver tailgate is heading down to clemson, we're 2-0 in the daz era when the show goes on the road in acc play (overall record? i forget what happened at the pinstripe bowl and the game at usc)

I saw the large red font with accompanying statistics And I immediately was conditioned to expect racial and or ethnic slurs Plus a few Homosexual comments as well. Pavloff must've been onto something.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:48 am

shut up, hansen
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:49 am

We better beat Wake the snake. I just got really ticked off that we lost to Duke. I am so pissed about our kicking game and the TD that the refs said wasn't. :x
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:02 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I saw the large red font with accompanying statistics And I immediately was conditioned to expect racial and or ethnic slurs Plus a few Homosexual comments as well. Pavloff must've been onto something.

It is deeply programmed.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:21 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Claver, are you guys going to do a tailgate? You probably don't need to if you don't want to. You definitely need to walk around and just take everything in. Especially since it is homecoming and there be floats to go see. I am positive people will invite you to have food and drinks and you also need to go to the esso. They have a huge mobile bar outside with tons of games on the Tvs. My husband still wants us to do a tailgate, but I rather not for this game. He has lots of friends that have them, so there are so many options. We will most likely spend most of our time at the esso. Tuba Steaaaaaaaak!!
DEEEEEE

I won't be at Clemson unfortunately. Sadness.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:25 pm

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:Claver, are you guys going to do a tailgate? You probably don't need to if you don't want to. You definitely need to walk around and just take everything in. Especially since it is homecoming and there be floats to go see. I am positive people will invite you to have food and drinks and you also need to go to the esso. They have a huge mobile bar outside with tons of games on the Tvs. My husband still wants us to do a tailgate, but I rather not for this game. He has lots of friends that have them, so there are so many options. We will most likely spend most of our time at the esso. Tuba Steaaaaaaaak!!
DEEEEEE

i can just about guarantee that won't stop her from yelling "TUBASTEAK" at random intervals/individuals
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Salzano14 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:33 pm

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:
DEEEEEE

i can just about guarantee that won't stop her from yelling "TUBASTEAK" at random intervals/individuals

Well, I tried
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:39 pm

Big game! Wake is definitely a bit of a break after three pretty solid teams in FSU, NIU and Duke. Time to see some growth. Against a team that struggles against the run, I'm really hoping we can put some serious points on the board. I'd like to see 30+ and I actually think that's possible against Wake, even with our offense!

:screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle :koolaid :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:06 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Big game! Wake is definitely a bit of a break after three pretty solid teams in FSU, NIU and Duke.

NIU is 2-3 and just lost to Central Michigan (who is also 2-3). They are not that good this year.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:14 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Big game! Wake is definitely a bit of a break after three pretty solid teams in FSU, NIU and Duke.

NIU is 2-3 and just lost to Central Michigan (who is also 2-3). They are not that good this year.

Both are better than Wake
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby L35guy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Both are better than Wake

Really? Wake is not good, but I'd definitely say they're better than NIU and Central Michigan. Did you see how easily Wake moved the ball on the FSU defense that we couldn't get inside the 40 on?
L35guy
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium