UConn

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: UConn

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:21 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 37s37 seconds ago
Boston College, UConn schedule home/home series; 2016 at BC, 2017 at UC, source told @ESPN. Also 2 games in 2020s. 1st reported by @blauds

Just when you think this season couldn't get any worse.

This is what happens when you have an Eye-tye as Coach and an Englishman as AD.

Hopefully Fr. Leahy will put the kibosh on this before it becomes official.

DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby Bunratty on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:29 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 37s37 seconds ago
Boston College, UConn schedule home/home series; 2016 at BC, 2017 at UC, source told @ESPN. Also 2 games in 2020s. 1st reported by @blauds

Tough negotiator, that Master Bates.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:48 pm

can somebody please give me a list of the positives that bates has done for the school in his time here?

i can't come up with anything significant off the top of my head.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:53 pm

If Blaud's is right, this is more than 4 games:

The key of course, is the resumption of BC vs. UConn, which will start next November at Alumni Stadium. The Eagles will return the trip in 2017, take a few years off and then resume the schedule on an annual basis.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=12811

"An annual basis" implies that UMass might've won over BC and UConn to the idea of the 3 schools playing each annually in a best of New England round-robin type setup. Just think of UConn and UMass on the schedule every single year in the '20's. Really hope that's not true. That's just way too much UConn and UMass, even for someone who was open to resuming the series.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:06 pm

The real problem is we do not have BC people running the school. Leahy is from of all god awful places, Iowa. BB is another mid-western guy and Daz is a 1AA product from Ct. They actually think this game is the answer to their declining ticket sales.

I heard Fr. Leahy speak at a fund raiser recently. Leahy is worried that athletics is losing money, up from a 12 million annual loss to 21 million by his math. He blamed it partly on increasing coaches salaries and declining ticket sales. He has ruled out going D1 in lacrosse. He is committed to building an indoor practice field on Shea and a baseball/softball complex on Brighton. He loves Marty Walsh, "no more permitting problems". There are no plans for stadium upgrades or a practice hockey rink. I would expect nothing more from him in regards to facilities, but he will probably retire in 5 years once the student rec and student union buildings are completed. Hopefully, we can get some BC people in at that point.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:13 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The real problem is we do not have BC people running the school. Leahy is from of all god awful places, Iowa. BB is another mid-western guy and Daz is a 1AA product from Ct. They actually think this game is the answer to their declining ticket sales.

I heard Fr. Leahy speak at a fund raiser recently. Leahy is worried that athletics is losing money, up from a 12 million annual loss to 21 million by his math. He blamed it partly on increasing coaches salaries and declining ticket sales. He has ruled out going D1 in lacrosse. He is committed to building an indoor practice field on Shea and a baseball/softball complex on Brighton. He loves Marty Walsh, "no more permitting problems". There are no plans for stadium upgrades or a practice hockey rink. I would expect nothing more from him in regards to facilities, but he will probably retire in 5 years once the student rec and student union buildings are completed. Hopefully, we can get some BC people in at that point.

He can only claim the athletic dept is losing money because of the fucktarded way they use the actual tuition cost as a charge against the athletic dept.

Never thought of it, but good call, can we get some fucking BC people to run things at BC.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:25 pm

That is correct, Leahy counts a scholarship at full price ( no adjustment for average student aid of 35%) to come up with a loss. He did say that annual cash gifts were 158 million this year. He did not mention how much of that came from the Flynn Fund, but in my perspective that annual cash check from the ACC is a big part of the annual income BC gets. He did say that the ACC has opened new areas for student recruiting. Applications are up considerably from Georgia and Florida, but not NC. 25% of the students are from Mass. The next biggest states were NJ, Cali and he also mentioned Minnesota.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:28 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:If Blaud's is right, this is more than 4 games:

The key of course, is the resumption of BC vs. UConn, which will start next November at Alumni Stadium. The Eagles will return the trip in 2017, take a few years off and then resume the schedule on an annual basis.

"An annual basis" implies that UMass might've won over BC and UConn to the idea of the 3 schools playing each annually in a best of New England round-robin type setup. Just think of UConn and UMass on the schedule every single year in the '20's. Really hope that's not true. That's just way too much UConn and UMass, even for someone who was open to resuming the series.

That's way too much god awful football is what it is.

Not to mention it won't move the needle the way Masterbates is thinking it will.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:38 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:If Blaud's is right, this is more than 4 games:

That's way too much god awful football is what it is.

Not to mention it won't move the needle the way Masterbates is thinking it will.

If there is any truth to an annual series with Yukon I'm going to vomit. A 2 game series is bad enough. Swofford needs to get off his ass and go to a 9 game conference schedule with no locked in rivals, this is crazy. I can't imagine Bates is this f'ing stupid but if he is I'm going to seriously reconsider buying season tickets going forward.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:31 pm

Ha

You guys are wrong
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:43 pm

I just read that BC gives up its home game with UMass next year, is there truth to that ???

http://www.masslive.com/umassfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/future_umass_football_scheduli.html

Also per the Gazette, the 2016 UMass/BC game previously scheduled to be played at Alumni Stadium in Chestnut Hill will be moved to Gillette with another game scheduled for 2018.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:55 pm

I really wish I had the energy to be more upset by this news but Daz and Bates have ruined BC sports for me. We're absolutely fucked for the next decade and there's nothing we can do about it.

:bag :whiteflag :suicide
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:53 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:I just read that BC gives up its home game with UMass next year, is there truth to that ???

http://www.masslive.com/umassfootball/index.ssf/2015/10/future_umass_football_scheduli.html

Also per the Gazette, the 2016 UMass/BC game previously scheduled to be played at Alumni Stadium in Chestnut Hill will be moved to Gillette with another game scheduled for 2018.

I call shenanigans. This is actually pretty comical. Look at UMass' claimed schedule, see something wrong with that? Lol this is hilarious FBS football schedule site is buying this charade:
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016 ... hedule.php

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby StratEagle on Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:36 am

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:Ha

You guys are wrong

UConn, Umass, Buffalo, and Wagner is the OOC schedule next year. :suicide

Access be damned.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:05 am

Bates has yet to schedule a p5 matchup in his 3 years here.

Every other school has scheduled 1 in the last 12 months
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:39 am

Now that the warm glowing warming glow of Bates' honeymoon period of "I'm not GDF" is over, can we all admit he stinks?
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:52 am

i am disappointed in our athletic department and it's administration. this is a black eye that will take some time to heal.

do not call anytime soon regarding donations. the answer will be a firm "not at this time"
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:59 am

Bates sucks.

Having said that, and I know I'm in the minority here but I love that game at Gillette. I'd be fine with making that a yearly deal. Parking is easy, it's an easy win and a fun environment
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby sdhusky on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:01 am

I am kinda surprised you guys aren't more upset about this... usually, emotions re: UConn run much higher.

As a UConn fan, I like it. It's not as big as our ConFliCT rivalry but its nice.
sdhusky
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:13 am

sdhusky {l Wrote}:I am kinda surprised you guys aren't more upset about this... usually, emotions re: UConn run much higher.

As a UConn fan, I like it. It's not as big as our ConFliCT rivalry but its nice.

Give me the attendance for this game next year? People on BCI are saying a sellout, that seems absolutely crazy to me unless UConn brings about 20K
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:15 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Bates has yet to schedule a p5 matchup in his 3 years here.

Every other school has scheduled 1 in the last 12 months

Master Bates is just scheduling uconn now in anticipation for when they join the acc.

With the the p5 game under his belt, how foolish we will all look for doubting his scheduling prowess.

i think my sarcasm is thick enough to avoid The red font here...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:18 am

sdhusky {l Wrote}:I am kinda surprised you guys aren't more upset about this... usually, emotions re: UConn run much higher.

i'm surprised you remembered your password, aliass
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:20 am

Why do I feel like I'm going to regret asking this?

What is the ConFliCT rivalry?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleDave on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:22 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

That's the rivalry that UConn invented with UCF that made them the laughing stock of the country for a few days before the season started.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby sdhusky on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:24 am

sdhusky
n00b

Postby angrychicken on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:24 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

That's the rivalry that UConn invented with UCF that made them the laughing stock of the country for a few days before the season started.

Holy shit
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:30 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Holy shit

the worst thing is that numb nutz even capitalized the wrong letters according to the photo of the arts & crafts trophy he later posted

conFLiCT

either way, it is gayer than anything hansen and siriuz used to do in the intern quarters of the eo lounge. we probably should have caught you up on this in the post-incarceration briefing we held for you but b0mber went a little overboard on his sex robot topic and we ran outta time
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:33 am

UConn v. BC trophy:

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:34 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Holy shit

the worst thing is that numb nutz even capitalized the wrong letters according to the photo of the arts & crafts trophy he later posted

conFLiCT

either way, it is gayer than anything hansen and siriuz used to do in the intern quarters of the eo lounge. we probably should have caught you up on this in the post-incarceration briefing we held for you but b0mber went a little overboard on his sex robot topic and we ran outta time

Feds, please restrict my interweb access again.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby sdhusky on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:46 am

stfu

- tre
sdhusky
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium