UConn

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: UConn

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:24 pm

L35guy {l Wrote}:Yeah, you're probably right. UCONN is only meaningful to the whalepants if it's hoops. I just don't get how some in the media think this is such a great OOC game. Playing UCONN is no different than playing Temple or Buffalo, and a slate of UMASS, UCONN, and 2 FCS schools is not going to take the heat off Bates and his crappy scheduling. It would be nice to get a Big Ten team on the schedule like Iowa or Nebraska seeing as how they play a similar brand of football.

Its not the "media". Its just Blaudschun who is a nobody.

Hes looking for click bait and this topic riles up everyone at the tardyard to get clicks. This will be there super bowl, and in the end, will prove to do NOTHING for new england football as everyone at uconn seems to think.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:07 pm

uconn:bc :: whalepants bc:nd
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:57 pm

i might be wrong, but wasn't uconn founded by a cow?

:whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby Bunratty on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Poster on TOS reporting that it will be for 5 games. 3 home and 2 in Hartford. Puke.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby Iggle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:41 pm

I'll be pissed off if BC gets a Big Ten-esque exemption to treat UConn like a P5 opponent. otherwise whatever.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:17 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:Poster on TOS reporting that it will be for 5 games. 3 home and 2 in Hartford. Puke.

If this is indeed true, then I'm 100% on board with this deal. In fact, I would call this a scheduling coup by Bates. 3:2 with both of them would be exactly what we need on the schedule to allow us more flexibility scheduling road games against P5 schools and still maintain 7 home games more often than not. Forget about the argument of whether UConn could be a rival or even better than playing UMass or Temple, a lopsided deal with an FBS team these days is a win, especially for a non-Baby Rapist like BC.

With that said, this is the worst deal ever if Bates is going to try to get UConn listed as an exception to the P5 rule. I don't think the ACC would agree to it thankfully, but even asking for it would be so disappointing. UConn and UMass should be our #3 game on the schedule, better than FCS but nowhere near the marquee OOC game in any given year.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:15 pm

Of course Bates will ask the ACC to count UConn as a P5, the B1G has already done so. This is about getting bowl eligible and having 7 home games. We should not be playing in Hartford unless it is 2 out of 3 at BC. Ideally game 3 would be a neutral site (Gillette). The attendance will still be 30,000 whether we play UConn, UMass, Buffalo, etc.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:18 pm

I'd rather play a MAC school than uconn.
Uconn brings absolutely nothing positive to the table.
If you support playing uconn, then I hope you choke on a superaids infested dick.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:28 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I'd rather play a MAC school than uconn.
If you support playing uconn, then I hope you choke on a superaids infested dick.

What MAC school will give us a 3:2? If you find one, then let's talk.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:33 pm

I oppose playing all New England schools except the 2 game series with HC. I remember meeting with GDF warning him not to play UConn or support their admission to the Big East. He claimed that UConn was going to bring 5,000 fans and that BC is going to play the New England schools! At that meeting I also told him it was a bad idea to put the practice field on Shea Field and lose 250 parking spaces. GDF response, "we don't need tailgating to fill the stadium, we're going to fill the stadium because we're gonna win"! To his credit he did admit later in the season that he was wrong about UConn and the negative impact on ticket sales from reduce parking spaces. He then spent the next 10 years fucking everything up anyways. Now BB is following the same playbook.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I oppose playing all New England schools except the 2 game series with HC. I remember meeting with GDF warning him not to play UConn or support their admission to the Big East. He claimed that UConn was going to bring 5,000 fans and that BC is going to play the New England schools! At that meeting I also told him it was a bad idea to put the practice field on Shea Field and lose 250 parking spaces. GDF response, "we don't need tailgating to fill the stadium, we're going to fill the stadium because we're gonna win"! To his credit he did admit later in the season that he was wrong about UConn and the negative impact on ticket sales from reduce parking spaces. He then spent the next 10 years fucking everything up anyways. Now BB is following the same playbook.

Did you suggest filling in the corners to GDF?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:52 pm

FCS game should always be another Catholic school, fuck giving the money to state universities. Villanova checks that box. The other 2 OOC always home games should be a MAC team and Army. Give Army a home game when we have a home P5 game. P5 games, Stanford, USC, NW, Wisconsin, PSU, Michigan, Texas, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Bama, & LSU. That is a national schedule in areas where we want to get some recruits. I would not schedule P5 teams located too close to ACC teams, thus no Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, etc.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:24 am

Oh no. Now that spam bots are posting in our active threads, too.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:31 am

considering bates hasn't scheduled a p5 in his almost 3 years here, of course he's going to try to get uconn to count
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:00 am

won't you all look foolish next year when uconn is chosen to replace rutgres in the b4g 10 and we have our p5 game scheduled for 5 years
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:09 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:I'd rather play a MAC school than uconn.

What MAC school will give us a 3:2? If you find one, then let's talk.

If you pay, they will come.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:49 am

This is a stupid fucking game. Two teams battling it out for the 5 decent recruits from CT, 3 of whom are headed to PSU anyway.

I'd rather play a MAC school straight up 1:1 then play this worthless program. And the chances of seeing me at the Dump in East Hartford are 0.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:06 am

but would you go to alumni for the game against uconn to generate those all important ticket sale dollars?

that's the real question behind all this!!!!

if it were possible, i'd buy all the tickets surrounding walrus and his family and then sell them to the bottle throwiest of the uconn fans to let him revel in his own filth. i'd offer the same for eaglekeeper but i don't know which corner section he sits in
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:09 am

This was a bad year for FSU fans, I'm guessing the novelty of Boston wore off for the polite ones, and the tickets are slowly rolling down to the neanderthals. And they are far preferable to UConn fans.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:11 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Ideally game 3 would be a neutral site (Gillette).

Fuck that. Keep the game on campus. Home games should be on campus. If UMass, Notre Dame, Kent State, etc... want to schedule their home games against BC at pro sports venues, that's their prerogative. College football should be played on campus.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:29 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Fuck that. Keep the game on campus. Home games should be on campus. If UMass, Notre Dame, Kent State, etc... want to schedule their home games against BC at pro sports venues, that's their prerogative. College football should be played on campus.

Fuck yeah!!
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:39 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Fuck yeah!!

THIS

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:40 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Fuck yeah!!

THIS

Agree, it is very important to preserve the quality of BC tailgates and the home field advantage of aluminium
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:42 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Fuck yeah!!

THIS

Agree, it is very important to preserve the quality of BC tailgates and the home field advantage of aluminium

Ok, I gotta admit, his made made me laugh OL :kudos

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:47 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This was a bad year for FSU fans, I'm guessing the novelty of Boston wore off for the polite ones, and the tickets are slowly rolling down to the neanderthals. And they are far preferable to UConn fans.

The FSU fans around me were all the bandwagon version. Seems like an odd bandwagon team to me
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:08 am

i dont care if it could get alabama up here, i dont want to ever play a home game away from campus.

if we can get usc up here and cuse can get LSU in the dome, and weve got OSU on the way, that should erase any and all thoughts that leaving campus to bring top teams is necessary.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:11 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i dont care if it could get alabama up here, i dont want to ever play a home game away from campus.

if we can get usc up here and cuse can get LSU in the dome, and weve got OSU on the way, that should erase any and all thoughts that leaving campus to bring top teams is necessary.

I don't actually want them to play at Gillette, I was just busting balls on BC fans. But they won't see the joke until the second quarter anyway.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:58 am

I like to drink beer while I watch sporting events which is why I like watching college football at Gillette and the Carrier Dome and college hockey at Walter Brown Arena.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:33 am

speaking of UConn
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby L35guy on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:34 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This was a bad year for FSU fans, I'm guessing the novelty of Boston wore off for the polite ones, and the tickets are slowly rolling down to the neanderthals. And they are far preferable to UConn fans.

I live about 2.5 hours from FSU and the bandwagon fans that make up the lower rung of their fanbase are pretty bad, but they have nothing on Florida fans. Imagine if you took the most redneck obnoxious FSU fan and bred it with a West Virginia fan and then sprinkled in some DNA from a mouth breathing, Starter jacket wearing Southie Notre Dame fan. That, my friends, is the Florida fan. A friend's brother in law was the head coach at Vandy for a while (before Franklin) and their family would drive down from Jax to the Swamp every other year when Vandy played there. They learned their lesson the first and only time they parked in the stadium parking lot. Being that there were Vandy decals and a Vandy plate on their vehicle, they found their tires slashed and trash/beer dumped all over their car after the game.
L35guy
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium