UConn

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

UConn

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:37 am

Someone tweeted that we're playing UConn at home in the second week of the 2016 season.

rktbrkr is probably excited, eepstein has micropenis.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Re: UConn

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:44 am

So presumably:

@NIU - Cape Cod Weekend
UConn - Week 2
Home game Friday night vs ACC - Week 3

?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:46 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:So presumably:

@NIU - Cape Cod Weekend
UConn - Week 2

?

Someone was saying Wagner - FCS would be in there too. I'm excited already.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:46 am

@NIU - Cape Cod Weekend
UConn - Week 2

?

isn't your cape cod weekend the game that's being played in ireland?

you know, the connie lingus college football classic...

http://collegefootballireland.com/
Last edited by TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:46 am

is our friday night rule w the acc simply that we have one for the forseeable future or that it is always a home game?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:47 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

@NIU - Cape Cod Weekend
UConn - Week 2

?

yeah i just remembered this.

i thought we were opening w NIU then i remembered GT is labor day. whats going on there? do i have the years mixed up w NIU?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:49 am

also we gotta only be having 6 home games at alumni next year w the ireland game right?
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:52 am

If true, Bates and Daz need to cancel the Eagle Walk that day for the safety of the players and coaches. I'm not joking.

This will also be the one time I encourage an increased presence of brownshirts.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:30 am

Maybe Diaco will construct a Popsicle stick birdhouse for a trophy.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:35 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Maybe Diaco will construct a Popsicle stick birdhouse for a trophy.

oh man, i do not envy the stage 5 ice-cream-headache he'll have as a result of that craft project
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:38 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Maybe Diaco will construct a Popsicle stick birdhouse for a trophy.

oh man, i do not envy the stage 5 ice-cream-headache he'll have as a result of that craft project

I just hope he gets started on it now. Is he a procrastinator? There's nothing ADs hate more than hearing from your coach that he has an assignment due the night before a game that's been on the schedule for almost a year. And now you've got to go to the store after dinner and buy a bunch of fudgesicles, and you have to get the hot glue gun out of the closet and help him with it....

The worst. Ugh.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:40 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I just hope he gets started on it now. Is he a procrastinator? There's nothing ADs hate more than hearing from your coach that he has an assignment due the night before a game that's been on the schedule for almost a year. And now you've got to go to the store after dinner and buy a bunch of fudgesicles, and you have to get the hot glue gun out of the closet and help him with it....

The worst. Ugh.

i hope they remember glitter for the poster. getting back home without the glitter would be a real kick in the pants and they probably wouldn't realize it until the craft store was closed.

for the sake of all uconn athletics, let's hope he's not a procrastinator
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:46 am

NOT TO MENTION, you show up with everything done and some jerk ESPN3 commentator is implying that Diaco had help on it because it's just a little "too put together" to have been done by a coach all himself.

Meanwhile, you know that asshole AD at Georgia Tech had like half the engineering department helping out little Paul Johnson on HIS trophy for the Georgia game, but no one says shit.

Such bullshit. It's stuff like this that causes your AD to drink a bottle of Pinot Grigo every night.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:23 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

@NIU - Cape Cod Weekend
UConn - Week 2

?

yeah i just remembered this.

i thought we were opening w NIU then i remembered GT is labor day. whats going on there? do i have the years mixed up w NIU?

NIU is first week 2017. This schedule is going to suck. Uconn is Maine who will probably just bring more delusional fans
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:27 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:...Uconn is Maine who will probably just bring more delusional fans

will we still honor quinton porter at halftime?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:57 pm

Why? There's no reason to play UConn
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:00 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Why? There's no reason to play UConn

How so? The way I see it: any time you have a chance to sell out Gillette, you take it.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:12 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:...Uconn is Maine who will probably just bring more delusional fans

will we still honor quinton porter at halftime?

DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:45 pm

so we go

cape: gt
week 2: uconn
week 3: friday nighter
week 4 and parents weekend: 1-aa school?

i dont recall us ever playing a 1-aa school that late in recent memory, though i could be wrong.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:51 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Why? There's no reason to play UConn

Convenience, which is reason enough for Grandmaster B.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:54 pm

I didn't know UConn was moving to the MAC..
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:08 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:... Grandmaster B.

this is a good nickname and i briefly debated deleting this post and stealing it for myself. then i remembered that nospace had my deleting powers stripped from me and that i couldn't delete it even if i wanted to
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby L35guy on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:18 pm

On Blaudscum's blog post about the possible BC-UCONN game, there was this comment:

"This makes so much sense. To the extent you had any influence on this Mark, thank you for pushing what will be true rivalry games, especially between BC and UConn , who have little love for each other–just the type of ingredient that feeds both fan bases. This has all the makings of KY vs Louisville or Clemson vs South Carolina. I also love the round robin aspect. This helps fill all three stadia, and gives local fans a reachable destination game to enjoy the passion of college football in New England. Well done, all of you."
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby L35guy on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:24 pm

Since it's UCONN, wouldn't it be made of dog biscuits?
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:41 pm

L35guy {l Wrote}:On Blaudscum's blog post about the possible BC-UCONN game, there was this comment:

"This makes so much sense. To the extent you had any influence on this Mark, thank you for pushing what will be true rivalry games, especially between BC and UConn , who have little love for each other–just the type of ingredient that feeds both fan bases. This has all the makings of KY vs Louisville or Clemson vs South Carolina. I also love the round robin aspect. This helps fill all three stadia, and gives local fans a reachable destination game to enjoy the passion of college football in New England. Well done, all of you."

i love how he is giving blaudschun credit for making this happen, a guy who has no contacts inside of BC (except somehow has Bates cell # which is returned with a generic no decision message) and is just throwing click bait BS against a wall. Here is an excerpt from his latest pile of crap ...

There has been some internal pressure at BC to have the Eagles kick off their season each Labor Day weekend (on a Thursday night) against either UMass or UConn.

That move would then allow the notoriously placid BC fans to attend the football game AS WELL as spend Labor Day weekend in various other non-football activities.

For Boston College, the scheduling formula is also fairly simple. Schedule two non conference games against UMass and UConn each season, pick up another FCS (presumably a New England school) for a third opponent and then find the most attractive Power 5 conference school as the fourth non-conference opponent.

A future non-conference schedule which would include UMass, UConn, Maine or New Hampshire or URI and say, a Michigan or a Stanford, would be a much easier sell on a season ticket package than this year’s schedule which included Maine, Howard, and Northern Illinois.

I dont think Bates will be able to get away with having UMass and uconn on hte schedule together, he is going to have to much backlash
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby L35guy on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:57 pm

I love the line about "all the makings of UK-Louisville and Clemson-South Carolina". Yeah, right. All the makings, except for fans, tradition, and relevance. Nobody in our fanbase gives a rat's ass about UCONN other than the whalepants. With UK-Louisville and Clemson-South Carolina, it is everything to those fans and the rivalries trickle down into the workplace and other aspects of day-to-day life. UCONN is a MAC-level program and bigger dumpster fire than we were in the Spaz years.
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:00 pm

this pretty much sums up the gumshoe's post and idea of these series in general
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:02 pm

L35guy {l Wrote}:... other than the whalepants...

why would the whalepants give a shit about yukon? i agree on holy cross but yukon is a non-entity in the minds of the gray hairs
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:10 pm

L35guy {l Wrote}:I love the line about "all the makings of UK-Louisville and Clemson-South Carolina". Yeah, right. All the makings, except for fans, tradition, and relevance. Nobody in our fanbase gives a rat's ass about UCONN other than the whalepants. With UK-Louisville and Clemson-South Carolina, it is everything to those fans and the rivalries trickle down into the workplace and other aspects of day-to-day life. UCONN is a MAC-level program and bigger dumpster fire than we were in the Spaz years.

I would argue that even the whale pants could give a shit. There is no history of playing uconn at a competitive level in football and outside of the lawsuit/ACC stuff, there is no connection to that university besides proximity. I actually read a post on the tard yard that said BC/Uconn were academic peers and both had "ELITE HOCKEY" so this made so much sense.

In the end, if this happens, its going to be a 1 off game/series and wont gain traction. I dont want to play uconn, but if im looking at this from 10,000 feet, its just an easy win versus one of hte worst teams in the country. It will be interesting to see if Diaco even lasts at uconn, they're staring down the barrel of another 2-10/3-9 season and they have already proven to have a short leash in re: to Pasqualoni.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby L35guy on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:20 pm

Yeah, you're probably right. UCONN is only meaningful to the whalepants if it's hoops. I just don't get how some in the media think this is such a great OOC game. Playing UCONN is no different than playing Temple or Buffalo, and a slate of UMASS, UCONN, and 2 FCS schools is not going to take the heat off Bates and his crappy scheduling. It would be nice to get a Big Ten team on the schedule like Iowa or Nebraska seeing as how they play a similar brand of football.
L35guy
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium