UConn

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: UConn

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:12 am

bcshater {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This was a bad year for FSU fans, I'm guessing the novelty of Boston wore off for the polite ones, and the tickets are slowly rolling down to the neanderthals. And they are far preferable to UConn fans.

We had the WORST FSU fans sitting in front of us....the WORST.

Were you sitting with A. Whalepants that night? If so, the ones behind you were just as bad. But I noticed the ones in front of you.

No, we weren't.

I am in A. I'm not of the Whalepants designation. Thought the FSU fans were OK and not really a problem.

I wasn't talking about section A, and most of the FSU fans I saw that night were atrocious.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bcshater {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:This was a bad year for FSU fans, I'm guessing the novelty of Boston wore off for the polite ones, and the tickets are slowly rolling down to the neanderthals. And they are far preferable to UConn fans.

Were you sitting with A. Whalepants that night? If so, the ones behind you were just as bad. But I noticed the ones in front of you.

No, we weren't.

I am in A. I'm not of the Whalepants designation. Thought the FSU fans were OK and not really a problem.

I wasn't talking about section A, and most of the FSU fans I saw that night were atrocious.

he'd probably just shat at the time and missed all the atrocities
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:20 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bcshater {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:

No, we weren't.

he'd probably just shat at the time and missed all the atrocities

You're actually funny today. Keep up the good work.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Ben Roethlisberger on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:21 am

Because his name is BC Shater. Although I think "shatter" should have two "t" or it would rhyme with "masturbator."
Ben Roethlisberger
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:31 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Give me the attendance for this game next year? People on BCI are saying a sellout, that seems absolutely crazy to me unless UConn brings about 20K

They will. Especially now that they know they can win with one field goal. They have been chomping at the bit for this game for over a decade.

Then it will lose it's novelty and subsequent games will draw 28-35K like every other home game.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:35 am

I fully intend to skip this game next season. I don't think Bates realizes how little I give a shit about playing UConn or UMass.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:37 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Give me the attendance for this game next year? People on BCI are saying a sellout, that seems absolutely crazy to me unless UConn brings about 20K

They will. Especially now that they know they can win with one field goal. They have been chomping at the bit for this game for over a decade.

Then it will lose it's novelty and subsequent games will draw 28-35K like every other home game.

hopefully the local packaged goods stores limit their sales to plastic bottles for that weekend.

this will not go well at any level other than some additional mouthbreathers in the stands for one game of the year. the damages caused and repairs required will usurp any of that additional revenue generated out of the pockets of said south of the border mouthbreathers
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:41 am

hopefully the local packaged goods stores limit their sales to plastic bottles for that weekend.

this will not go well at any level other than some additional mouthbreathers in the stands for one game of the year. the damages caused and repairs required will usurp any of that additional revenue generated out of the pockets of said south of the border mouthbreathers

Visiting fans often book the function space at CitySide instead of attempting to organize a tailgate on campus (which must be next to impossible). If CitySide accepts a reservation from UConn fans, they deserve the burning down of their business that is sure to follow.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:42 am

Visiting fans often book the function space at CitySide instead of attempting to organize a tailgate on campus (which must be next to impossible). If CitySide accepts a reservation from UConn fans, they deserve the burning down of their business that is sure to follow.

didn't cityside just close along with Roggies or did I make that up?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:44 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

It was open as of the Wake Forest game. But things can change in a hurry.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:11 am

They can't get 30k to there own stadium. This will be the yukon Super Bowl but they won't bring more that whatever they are allocated
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:13 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

They can't get 30k to there own stadium. This will be the yukon Super Bowl but they won't bring more that whatever they are allocated

bullshit. they'll go to the stubhubs and seat geeks and get $10 tickets.

i can understand not wanting to go to hartford so i don't fault them for not selling out there [sic] own shithole
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:25 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

BC is the only program their fans have an axe to grind with. Tickets will be cheap and abundant. The game will surely be an ESPN3 1:00er, which makes for an easy day trip.

Like I said earlier, subsequent UConn games at Alumni won't draw more or less visiting fans than any other home game, but they will turn out this one time to make a statement.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:29 am

If you can really get 45K for this game then do it. I don't like it but I dislike our crappy attendance more
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:35 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

You make up a lot of things.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:35 am

the butler will need to take the bullet proof car out of the garage, it's been under wraps since the claver tailgate trip to maryland.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:36 am

What is the actual benefit of a one off 45K attendance? Is there any ongoing reward?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:43 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:What is the actual benefit of a one off 45K attendance? Is there any ongoing reward?

An extra few hundred hot dogs and lower Brighton parking passes sold. And if you don't think they're looking at this, I direct your memory back to the time you pointed out that sign in the Yawkey Center that reminded people that the free snacks were only restocked once a week.

There is no ongoing reward.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:51 am

doesnt uconn only average like 15k a game? isnt there some image of the uconn - smu game last year where there were under 5k in the stands?

what makes people think an incremental 15k will be coming to this game?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:53 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:doesnt uconn only average like 15k a game? isnt there some image of the uconn - smu game last year where there were under 5k in the stands?

what makes people think an incremental 15k will be coming to this game?

Ehh, I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of them show up once.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby StratEagle on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:58 am

Cityside closed for a few days but not permanently
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:51 am

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Cityside closed for a few days but not permanently

did anyone let shinskie know or did he sit in there the whole time?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:39 pm

I always saw Uncle Dave as an MA's over Cityside type of guy
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:35 am

This is a disaster. I get adding UConn at home to make a shitty OOC more appealing to some segment of the season ticket holders, with at least 7 home games and some local opponents. BUT now the New Hampshire Gazette is reporting that as part of the deal, the 2016 BC-UMass game is moving to Gilette.

So:
- 6 Home Games in 2016, with basically a straight swap between UMass and UConn
- 6 Home Games in 2017, with two road OOC at N.Illinois and at UConn

Did Bates not even negotiate?
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:17 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:This is a disaster. I get adding UConn at home to make a shitty OOC more appealing to some segment of the season ticket holders, with at least 7 home games and some local opponents. BUT now the New Hampshire Gazette is reporting that as part of the deal, the 2016 BC-UMass game is moving to Gilette.

So:
- 6 Home Games in 2016, with basically a straight swap between UMass and UConn
- 6 Home Games in 2017, with two road OOC at N.Illinois and at UConn

Did Bates not even negotiate?

Bates is the Neville Chamberlin of negotiators.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:23 am

is newton campus the sudetenland?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:09 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:is newton campus the sudetenland?

can you still get chicken parms delivered to the mods from that place in alsace-lorraine?

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:57 am

For those who were thinking about it prior to this joke - Stanford, Kansas State schedule home/home series (2016 at SU, 2021 at KSU).

God forbid we schedule someone decent.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:25 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:is newton campus the sudetenland?

can you still get chicken parms delivered to the mods from that place in alsace-lorraine?

:whalepants

not during blackout hours due to the mortared beer bottles of urine coming up from storrs
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Scheduling idea:

@UMass
UConn
FCS
Reasonable P5 (Not Purdue or whatever, like Stanford or Penn St)

The year after you play UMass here and UConn at Gillette or the Rent. The issue is when you travel to a P5 its 6 home games.

I really enjoy the 1 Gilette game a year. You'd also be able to eliminate the ridiculous MAC games. Traveling to N. I'll is an atrocity we don't even recruit there anymore. Let's be honest, that UMass game at Gillette had more BC fans anyway. UConn would outdraw our fan base at Gillette because our fans suck but that's a different discussion.

The 7 game home schedule is bad. Why do season tickets holders want 7 games? You don't go to the first 6 anyway. I've still not spent $1 to attend a football game this year because of said awful fans.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium