Ryan Day Apology Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Ryan Day Apology Thread

Postby DrJackRyan on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Ryan Day! No one could be worse. Than that guy! Good riddance!

At this rate, we are only one week away from the Dana Bible apology thread, which I am not looking forward to.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Re: Ryan Day Apology Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:45 pm

How are the Eagles doing? Jesus fucking Christ.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:45 pm

Ryan Day stinks. Fitch is just cesspooling his Crane
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:46 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:How are the Eagles doing? Jesus fucking Christ.

exactly. There's overreaction and then there's this thread
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Also, we left an NFL receiver on the bench last year in favor of Bordner and Crimmens. Whoever is making these decisions is dumb.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:05 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Also, we left an NFL receiver on the bench last year in favor of Bordner and Crimmens. Whoever is making these decisions is dumb.

My biggest problem in all of this mess is this. Put the best players on the field, stop playing these slow white guys at WR especially when you have better ones.

More Thadd less Chad
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:01 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:Also, we left an NFL receiver on the bench last year in favor of Bordner and Crimmens. Whoever is making these decisions is dumb.

My biggest problem in all of this mess is this. Put the best players on the field, stop playing these slow white guys at WR especially when you have better ones.

More Thadd less Chad

Micropenis
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BrightonEagle on Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Did anyone hear anything about the circumstances surrounding day leaving (amicable, contentious, just wanted to try the nfl,etc)?
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby L35guy on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:46 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

More Thadd less Chad

While I do agree with the More Dreadlocks, Less Goldilocks sentiment wholeheartedly, where are the better ones? I mean, Smith is fast and serviceable at the position, but Alston is pretty much useless as a WR. Pankey and Borgerson (supposedly ran a 4.3-4.4, but he's white so skeptical) are hurt apparently. Glines and Garrison are hurt, but they are also slow white guys. We have Robinson and Walker (also white), but Daziani refuses to play them over the Slowly Trinity of Swigert, Callinan, and Dudeck.
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:46 pm

Harrison Jackson made a nice athletic catch about the only time he had a chance...
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby L35guy on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:08 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Harrison Jackson made a nice athletic catch about the only time he had a chance...

and yet, Daz never plays him. What is he seeing that warrants playing Dudeck?
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:14 pm

L35guy {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:Harrison Jackson made a nice athletic catch about the only time he had a chance...

and yet, Daz never plays him. What is he seeing that warrants playing Dudeck?

Dudek's knee has attached ligaments in it?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:18 pm

I applaud the new contrarian intern. Excellent addition.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:18 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I applaud the new contrarian intern. Excellent addition.

Somebody had to do it.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:26 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Somebody had to do it.

why - were too many people agreeing on stuff? i must have missed those threads
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:30 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Somebody had to do it.

why - were too many people agreeing on stuff? i must have missed those threads

See the QB controversy thread - until contrarian intern got on board, there were mostly dim bulbs on the other side.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:...See the QB controversy thread ...

which one?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:32 pm

which one?

The one where walrus is a merryman.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

which one?

the man said 'which one'
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:49 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

which one?

the man said 'which one'

Oh
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:38 am

It may not be saying much, but it seems that Fitch to Day was certainly a drop-off... even before Wade was injured.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:50 am

HJS {l Wrote}:It may not be saying much, but it seems that Fitch to Day was certainly a drop-off... even before Wade was injured.

agreed.

day (or daz) adapted the offense to the skills of the personnel and ran that scheme exclusively (to the point that they were criticized by the nexus playcallers).

here we are nearly halfway through the year and they're still throwing so much shit against the wall as they have no clue what the offense can do to the point where they're overloading extremely young players (smith under center, smith in pistol, smith in shotgun)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:51 am

HJS {l Wrote}:It may not be saying much, but it seems that Fitch to Day was certainly a drop-off... even before Wade was injured.

That's probably fair, but I will reserve complete judgment until the throwing QB gets back behind a line that can protect him. They planned for Murphy last year and they looked like geniuses. They planned for Wade this year, and yes they have not adjusted at all.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:15 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

That's probably fair, but I will reserve complete judgment until the throwing QB gets back behind a line that can protect him. They planned for Murphy last year and they looked like geniuses. They planned for Wade this year, and yes they have not adjusted at all.

To me, this is the most damning. Personally, I think both get too much blame as I think Daziani heavily influences the position. But, Fitch sucks because he has been unable to convince Dazoo that he is hurting the team rotating QBs. And... again... even when we had Wade, the offense was not good.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:36 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

To me, this is the most damning. Personally, I think both get too much blame as I think Daziani heavily influences the position. But, Fitch sucks because he has been unable to convince Dazoo that he is hurting the team rotating QBs. And... again... even when we had Wade, the offense was not good.

Unfair to evaluate the offense with Wade in my opinion. Maine was the opener, not great but whatever, they ran a lot trying to prove a point, and Wade looked decent throwing. Howard was worthless and Wade barely played. FSU's Dline overpowered BC's OLine and required an uber-conservative game plan just to keep Wade alive, which they failed to do the minute they went 4-wide.

I feel like the coaches were pretty confident Wade was ready to go against the NIUs, Dukes and Wakes of the world, or else they would have let him get reps throwing in the Maine and Howard games. While I don't think the offense would be great with Wade back there, I do think that they would have beaten NIU soundly, and won this past weekend.

None of this excuses being able to adjust in the weeks following Wade's injury. Stubbornly running the offense you put in for Wade, and feeling like you have to play Flutie as a result, is killing the team. Pull out last year's playbook, put in the 10 plays Murphy ran, use it with Smith and let's get a W
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:49 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Unfair to evaluate the offense with Wade in my opinion. Maine was the opener, not great but whatever, they ran a lot trying to prove a point, and Wade looked decent throwing. Howard was worthless and Wade barely played. FSU's Dline overpowered BC's OLine and required an uber-conservative game plan just to keep Wade alive, which they failed to do the minute they went 4-wide.

I feel like the coaches were pretty confident Wade was ready to go against the NIUs, Dukes and Wakes of the world, or else they would have let him get reps throwing in the Maine and Howard games. While I don't think the offense would be great with Wade back there, I do think that they would have beaten NIU soundly, and won this past weekend.

None of this excuses being able to adjust in the weeks following Wade's injury. Stubbornly running the offense you put in for Wade, and feeling like you have to play Flutie as a result, is killing the team. Pull out last year's playbook, put in the 10 plays Murphy ran, use it with Smith and let's get a W

Agreed with pretty much all of this. I guess, while I agreed with the get-to-the-4th strategy, I didn't get the feeling that the staff was effectively going to open things up. Unfairly small size... just a gut feeling. Also, in their efforts to shorten the game, I felt that they could have been more creative with their run packages earlier in the game.

At the end of the day, while you can debate critics, we don't have a single shred of evidence that the opposite might be true (i.e. that he is actually a good Big 5 OC).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:03 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Agreed with pretty much all of this. I guess, while I agreed with the get-to-the-4th strategy, I didn't get the feeling that the staff was effectively going to open things up. Unfairly small size... just a gut feeling. Also, in their efforts to shorten the game, I felt that they could have been more creative with their run packages earlier in the game.

At the end of the day, while you can debate critics, we don't have a single shred of evidence that the opposite might be true (i.e. that he is actually a good Big 5 OC).

That's fair. I am not saying that I am leaning in his favor, just that I am still leaning. Day never had to deal with season ending injuries to either a QB or RB; Fitch dealt with both by week 4. We'll never know if Day could have adjusted to that the way that Fitch has been forced (and failed) to do so. That said, while Day's plans for the big picture were always well thought out, there were signs in multiple games that he wasn't much of an adjuster either. It just wasn't as pronounced because of the injuries. I never was a fan of Day at all, just was willing to admit that he planned well for his personnel.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:26 pm

Looks like not everyone got their Ryan Day apologies in during this thread. Bumping it up now.

Feel free to wish Coach Day luck in his national title run.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:34 pm

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Looks like not everyone got their Ryan Day apologies in during this thread. Bumping it up now.

I'll be more impressed when he does it with his own players and not off a blueprint Urban Meyer left for him. At this point, he might be Gene Chizlik for all we know.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:24 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Looks like not everyone got their Ryan Day apologies in during this thread. Bumping it up now.

I'll be more impressed when he does it with his own players and not off a blueprint Urban Meyer left for him. At this point, he might be Gene Chizlik for all we know.

This.

I will give him kudos for not screwing this up but let's see him after 3 or 4 years and it's really his program. I wish him well and had figured he would have already been BC's coach.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium