RB Carry Distribution Thread (After #32 Injury)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

RB Carry Distribution Thread (After #32 Injury)

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Ok. Have at it. Who should get the carries and why.

I want Myles #1. Healthy veteran leading the charge, and has shown promise this year on the ground.

(Kill me for saying this) Rouse #2. But only on edge runs. I don't think he can hit the hole as well as Myles, but I do think he breaks it outside very well.

Outlow #3. Or just put him in the slot where he's a boss.

Dudeck #4 (jk)

Anyways, if we can get by with Myles taking 45%, Rouse taking 35%, and Outlow taking 20%, I'd be very happy.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Re: RB Carry Distribution Thread (After #32 Injury)

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Outlow.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:20 pm

I think Wilson should get some carries too. He's a big kid, maybe he can do a good enough job with limited carries and Wolford or an H-back/TE blocking for him.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:25 pm

I think we see Wilson getting a bunch of carries.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:26 pm

Willis on the inevitable first down dives, Outlow on everything else
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:47 pm

The one thing I like about Rouse is he seems the most able to get yards after contact. Considering the holes our line is opening aren't exactly giant, I think that's important.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:50 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:The one thing I like about Rouse is he seems the most able to get yards after contact. Considering the holes our line is opening aren't exactly giant, I think that's important.

Seriously? Flutie AND Rouse? You could be the next Matt Millen, Walrus
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:52 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:The one thing I like about Rouse is he seems the most able to get yards after contact. Considering the holes our line is opening aren't exactly giant, I think that's important.

Wait until he explains how Dudeck is his favorite receiver.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:56 pm

Willis and Outlow should get the bulk of the carries, and call me crazy but this might be a good thing since both have more wiggle than Hilliman. Hilliman does much better with a decent OL which should happen sometime next year. :pepper2 :pickle :pepper2
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:

Wait until he explains how Dudeck is his favorite receiver.

We laugh, but our coach's thoughts are not far off from this
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DuxEagle26 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:11 pm

Fitch has literally said outright that rouse is the least talented of the four, but must get carries due to his work ethic. Not sure why we are running a pop warner style everybody plays rotation system, but it is time for Willis to get the workload that he deserves. Outlow on third downs, willis or alston in the backfield any other time.
Where are my pants?

DuxEagle26
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:15 pm

DuxEagle26 {l Wrote}:Fitch has literally said outright that rouse is the least talented of the four, but must get carries due to his work ethic. Not sure why we are running a pop warner style everybody plays rotation system, but it is time for Willis to get the workload that he deserves. Outlow on third downs, willis or alston in the backfield any other time.

I dont have a problem with Rouse getting touches, but he should be behind Willis and Outlow. Willis/Outlow have very similar running styles so Rouse can provide a nice change of pace, but he is clearly towards the back of the pack talent wise.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:27 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:

Flutie, Rouse...and Obama. I have a lot of friends around here.

Seriously though, Rouse clearly isn't #1, but he has value. He's stout and strong and can take a hit.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:35 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:

As wrong as he is about Flutie, Rouse deserve some touches.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:38 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:

As wrong as he is about Flutie, Rouse deserve some touches.

I like the way Rouse hits the hole. He's a good change of pace and it almost seems like the defense isn't ready for that burst (or they're tired).
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Rouse is more than fine in a limited role. He's just not the "pass catching back" that they tried to sell to us last year to cover for Clemson, and he is limited as a runner. But he is a hard runner and he does seem to make the most of the holes, which is key when they aren't very big.

EDIT - nevermind, what Militant said ^^^
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Rouse is more than fine in a limited role. He's just not the "pass catching back" that they tried to sell to us last year to cover for Clemson, and he is limited as a runner. But he is a hard runner and he does seem to make the most of the holes, which is key when they aren't very big.

EDIT - nevermind, what Militant said ^^^

Rouse is a good player. My problem is when he plays ahead of Outlaw or Willis.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby durkcal on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Willis 55%
Rouse 30%
Outlow 15%

Outlow moves to #1 TB on passing downs.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby garf112 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:37 pm

Outlow
Willis
Rouse

But Rouse will probably get more carries than Willis due to the injury there.

Outlow is our best back. Hilliman was very 2012 Andre Williams before he got hurt, hesitant hitting holes, etc. Outlow can do a little of everything and will be a good complement to Flutie or Smith
garf112
Carney Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Wait, so was I vindicated in this thread? Victory!
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:32 am

garf112 {l Wrote}:Outlow
Willis
Rouse

Outlow is our best back. Hilliman was very 2012 Andre Williams before he got hurt, hesitant hitting holes, etc. Outlow can do a little of everything and will be a good complement to Flutie or Smith

re hilliman: it would help if there were holes to hit :shrug
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Buttercup on Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:34 am

Willis is still not himself due to recovering from mono. He's questionable for tomorrow according to TOS. If he does play, it's probably out of necessity and I wouldn't ask too much from him at this point.
Buttercup
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:51 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Willis
Rouse

Hilliaman wasn't very "2012 Andre Williams" in the NIU game. He was more "2014 Jon Hilliman"
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:25 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Willis
Rouse

I actually agree that Outlow is the best back, but yes, Hilliman suffers by playing with a QB that can't run or throw hard enough to get the ball outside the hashes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:36 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Willis
Rouse

I actually agree that Outlow is the best back, but yes, Hilliman suffers by playing with a QB that can't run or throw hard enough to get the ball outside the hashes.

eh they're different backs, granted this is all small sample

could outlow withstand 6 of 7 weeks carrying the ball 20+ times? again, should he be carrying the ball 20 times / game when we have the stable of backs that we do? i don't know, maybe i can run the stats on him 'getting better with more carries', anecdotally i have no idea.
we've seen outlow's elusiveness but reality is he's had 59 carries in 2 years against non fbs teams.

but i really like them both and we'll see what outlow can do over the next 3 months. honestly interested to see what willis can do, always thought he deserved more touches as well, as soon as he's healthy

edit: hilliman's splits

1st half: 104-485-8 --4.7
2nd half: 106-375-5 --3.5

1st half: 32-121-1 --3.8
2nd half: 19-77-1 --4.1
Last edited by claver2010 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:41 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Willis
Rouse

could outlow withstand 6 of 7 weeks carrying the ball 20+ times? again, should he be carrying the ball 20 times / game when we have the stable of backs that we do? i don't know, maybe i can run the stats on him 'getting better with more carries', anecdotally i have no idea.
we've seen outlow's elusiveness but reality is he's had 59 carries in 2 years against non fbs teams.

but i really like them both and we'll see what outlow can do over the next 3 months. honestly interested to see what willis can do, always thought he deserved more touches as well, as soon as he's healthy

If you don't dismiss the game plan from the get go, you want the straight ahead guy to go first and wear down the defense and then have the shifty guy make them miss once they're tired for big plays. I suspect Rouse or Gowins or Wilson will be the 1st and 2nd down run guy to start the Duke game. In the spirit of Davis v. Crane, I want to see Gowins or Wilson.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:47 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Willis
Rouse

If you don't dismiss the game plan from the get go, you want the straight ahead guy to go first and wear down the defense and then have the shifty guy make them miss once they're tired for big plays. I suspect Rouse or Gowins or Wilson will be the 1st and 2nd down run guy to start the Duke game. In the spirit of Davis v. Crane, I want to see Gowins or Wilson.

I don't have a problem with this, but Outlow is bigger than people think. He's 5'10'', 200lbs. He can be an every down back, he's just not a bruiser.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:49 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Willis
Rouse

I don't have a problem with this, but Outlow is bigger than people think. He's 5'10'', 200lbs. He can be an every down back, he's just not a bruiser.

I agree he can be an every down back but I don't think he gives the theoretical benefit of softening the middle of the defense by running into them a million times.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:54 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Willis
Rouse

I agree he can be an every down back but I don't think he gives the theoretical benefit of softening the middle of the defense by running into them a million times.

Agreed, especially with the word "theoretical"
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:07 pm

Wilson's bigger than Gowins and Outlow, while Gowins' weight is almost the same as Hilliman's last yr.

Hope we just pound the rock with Outlow/Gowins/Rouse/Wilson. To hell with throwing the ball.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium