Duke Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Duke Week

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:23 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
1) Davis is always better than Crane (feel free to read this in multiple ways, it works on several levels). check
B) Aggressive is always better than conservative. check
iii) Personnel is always infallible, unless it is a Crane/Davis situation, then Crane is fucked. kinda check
Four: Despite the infallibility of personnel, recruiting is always disappointing.
V. The primary motivation of coaching decisions is never to win games, it is always the result of cowardice or to avoid personal embarrassment or control expectations. giant check
$) Everything the AD does at any time in any context is always retarded and disappointing.
Chapter Seven: Hansen should always shut up. implied

He missed four and six.

Great work, thank you. CAG, please get it together. eepstein would have lost his way and muttered something about the NESCAC, he cannot be relied on.

I'd love to see your solution to win this game.

It's obvious, isn't it? Flutie needs at least 35 pass attempts, the majority of which should be to Dudek and a somewhat gimpy Louie Addazio. This will open the field for Tyler Rouse who will violently crack the rock.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:28 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Not to get too off topic, but history has shown Davis was better than Crane. Crane had a better winning percentage at BC, but Davis had a much better college career and made NFL rosters for multiple seasons.

If we're going down this rabbit hole, first) I agree with Teddy that in 2008 Crane was roughly 10 billion times better than 2008 Davis; and b) we'll never really know what Crane could have done over a four year career if there wasn't a top 5 draft pick in front of him. He could have been a very solid college QB, especially since we're off topic if he had transferred to a system that better fit his skill set.

I agree Davis was the better NFL practice squad/emergency QB, but I would have preferred to have won the Orange Bowl in 2008 with Crane than lost the ACC championship game with Davis.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Not to get too off topic, but history has shown Davis was better than Crane. Crane had a better winning percentage at BC, but Davis had a much better college career and made NFL rosters for multiple seasons.

Davis wasn't better for that BC team, which is eerily similar to this BC team in many ways. I'd run the Crane/Harris v. FSU offensive gameplan this weekend and win by 2 TDs.

the cesspool gripes arose loudly after his first game at wake. i remember his first play from scrimmage where he fumbled/handed the ball off to a wake lb for a "handoff 6" followed by another fumble for a wake touchdown two series later. if not for two herzylax jr. interceptions, we would have lost that game.

it was not a nice introduction to the starting qb for the remainder of the year and started the rallying cry of "no one could be worse than chris crane" - which we now know is the way of the bc fan (no one can be worse than al skinner, tom o'brien, etc.)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:38 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:o/u 39.5

If you yelled at me for liking the under last week, what do you think now?

It seems to good to be true. What is Vegas' angle here?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:40 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
it was not a nice introduction to the starting qb for the remainder of the year and started the rallying cry of "no one could be worse than chris crane" - which we now know is the way of the bc fan (no one can be worse than al skinner, tom o'brien, etc.)

amen
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:41 pm

If I was eepstein, I'd say vegas thinks our Defense is not as good as advertised. Since I'm not, I think Vegas realizes how solid the Flutie and Smith rotation will be.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:42 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

If I was eepstein, I'd say vegas thinks our Defense is not as good as advertised. Since I'm not, I think Vegas realizes how solid the Flutie and Smith rotation will be.

I'm enjoying your full troll turn here
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:46 pm

Depth Chart fwiw (they actually made some chnges): http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/bc/ ... _chart.pdf
Has Walker been returning kicks?
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:46 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Me too. It's fun.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:48 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

It's was a solid A- yesterday when it was subtle. Now, he feels like no one really understood his genius, so he is overplaying it to point out that everyone missed it. It's still a solid B, however.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:49 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Me too. It's fun.

He was back there for the last one last weekend. Willis was out there for the first two I think. Pretty sure Rouse was the up guy on all three
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:52 pm

amen

and in your case "no one can be worse than a woman with a vagina"

ladyboy loving sinner
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:56 pm

:x :x
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:58 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Depth Chart fwiw (they actually made some chnges): http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/bc/ ... _chart.pdf

that's nice to see.

think it's lichtenberg's job going forward

to the best of my knowledge it's been willis deep with rouse back there as well. maybe now given the RB depth they're taking rouse off.

i do like how thadd smith has different numbers, depending on whether he's a WR or PR
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:59 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Depth Chart fwiw (they actually made some chnges): http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/bc/ ... _chart.pdf

that's nice to see.

to the best of my knowledge it's been willis deep with rouse back there as well. maybe now given the RB depth they're taking rouse off.

i do like how thadd smith has different numbers, depending on whether he's a WR or PR

Daz said Willis is doubtful for the Duke game, so who knows?

Less Chads, more Thadds.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Talon's Logo on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:32 pm

tomando {l Wrote}:The doctor told me that BOTH my eyes were lazy! And that's why it was the best summer ever.

Its good to see that the angry chickster is back. He spent a long time setting up this gimmick.
Talon's Logo
n00b

Postby ILikeBC on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:24 pm

If we somehow win this Duke game (i.e., if the offense scores more points for us than it does for them) I do not know how anyone could say Daz isn't a good coach.

His game management is horrendous for the most part. However, a Spaz team with this current offensive unit wouldn't even be CLOSE to competing. Daz is excellent at excelling with what he has, even if he makes mind-numbing play-by-play decisions during the process.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:28 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

that's nice to see.

In regard to the FG situation, I'm curious what prompted the change. Not saying it wasn't needed but what was the catalyst for it?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:53 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:If we somehow win this Duke game (i.e., if the offense scores more points for us than it does for them) I do not know how anyone could say Daz isn't a good coach.

His game management is horrendous for the most part. However, a Spaz team with this current offensive unit wouldn't even be CLOSE to competing. Daz is excellent at excelling with what he has, even if he makes mind-numbing play-by-play decisions during the process.

you're really using one road game against a middle of the road acc team to decide if our head coach is or isn't a good coach?

not his 13-13 career record vs 1-a opponents?

in a somewhat humorous coincidence perhaps only to me, spaz was 13-13 career (not including navy) vs 1-a opponents and his 27th game was against duke.

so if daz loses, he's spaz. if he wins, he's good.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:01 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:If we somehow win this Duke game (i.e., if the offense scores more points for us than it does for them) I do not know how anyone could say Daz isn't a good coach.

you're really using one road game against a middle of the road acc team to decide if our head coach is or isn't a good coach?

in a somewhat humorous coincidence perhaps only to me, spaz was 13-13 career (not including navy) vs 1-a opponents and his 27th game was against duke.

are you tomando?

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:04 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

that's nice to see.

In regard to the FG situation, I'm curious what prompted the change. Not saying it wasn't needed but what was the catalyst for it?

I think Howell being injured was what made Addazio change up the current situation (last week) and Lichtenberg performed well enough to keep the job. I didnt realize Knoll was being used to back up Howell at punter. At least if he develops into that spot next year, his scholarship wont be a total waste considering hes mentally fried from kicking FGs after last year.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:04 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I definitely did not say that if Daz loses he's spaz, and if he wins, he's good. What I am saying is that everyone going bananas on Daz right now will be proven wrong if we win, and that if we lose, we'll probably have been way closer than we would be with someone else.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:12 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

I definitely did not say that if Daz loses he's spaz, and if he wins, he's good. What I am saying is that everyone going bananas on Daz right now will be proven wrong if we win, and that if we lose, we'll probably have been way closer than we would be with someone else.

if we go 4-8 with a win at duke will the people going bananas on daz be wrong?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:16 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

no, siriusly... are you tomando?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby L35guy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:23 pm

Daz is excellent at excelling with what he has

I would not use the word "excellent" to describe anything Daz has done. He's 17-13 overall, 13-13 vs FBS opponents, and 8-9 in the ACC since taking over at BC. More like "he's pretty good at being slightly better than Spaz" .
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:28 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

no, siriusly... are you tomando?

let me into forum 9 and ill let you know
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:30 pm

L35guy {l Wrote}:

I would not use the word "excellent" to describe anything Daz has done. He's 17-13 overall, 13-13 vs FBS opponents, and 8-9 in the ACC since taking over at BC. More like "he's pretty good at being slightly better than Spaz" .

Ok. Tell me what is excellent then.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:37 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
L35guy {l Wrote}:

Ok. Tell me what is excellent then.

commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby L35guy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:45 pm

Really? Hmmm. To start, winning significantly more conference games than you lose and being considerably higher than .500 overall. Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, and Jimbo Fisher are coaches I would use the word "excellent" to describe their tenure at their current schools, but this is BC and those aren't fair comparisons for a myriad of reasons. What Harbaugh and Shaw have done at Stanford is excellent for what Stanford is, which is more of a fair comparison (academic restrictions, lack of fan support, pro market, etc). I'd think your statement was closer to accurate if you had said "Daz is excellent at making the most of what he has" or something along those lines, but you said "excelling with what he has", which is laughable.

Which of these coaching records would you say is "excellent"

Coach A: 17-13 overall, 8-9 in conference, 2 low level bowls, 0 finishes in Top 25, 0 conference or even division titles
Coach B: 45-13 overall, 30-8 in conference, 3 BCS bowls, 3 finishes in the Top 10, 2 conference titles
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:57 pm

W/o comment, after the fourth game of his third season at Stanford, harbaugh was four games under .500
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium