Flutie or Smith?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Flutie or Smith?

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:24 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i have no clue why they instantly turned to TRUST THE STAFF mode. maybe they're trying for better access?

hell they're even trotting out a gdf'ism

But there's an old adage that you're never as bad as when you lose and you're never as good as when you win.

:gun

They're definitely ambling for better access. They kissed the SI department's ass yesterday for turning around the press conference transcript so quickly.

I was hoping that Gene quote was made tongue-in-cheek, but now that I see it wasn't I can say that Dan Rubin smells like butts and likes to sniff his own butt.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:26 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:i have no clue why they instantly turned to TRUST THE STAFF mode. maybe they're trying for better access?

hell they're even trotting out a gdf'ism

But there's an old adage that you're never as bad as when you lose and you're never as good as when you win.

:gun

They're definitely ambling for better access. They kissed the SI department's ass yesterday for turning around the press conference transcript so quickly.

I was hoping that Gene quote was made tongue-in-cheek, but now that I see it wasn't I can say that Dan Rubin likes girls that have a vagina.

sorry lbl, so do most of us. you may want to work on your insults
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:35 pm

I'm switching to team Smith.

He made some good throws today. He also made some really bad throws and stared down some receivers, but he also made some good throws. He has the higher upside and at this point a bowl game seems like a longshot. Time to start thinking 2016 and I really can't see Flutie being in that conversation. It's Smith or Wade realistically for next year, so let's just go ahead and get Smith some experience. What's the difference between no bowl game with 3 wins and no bowl game with 5 or 6 wins, after all...

:screamyeagle :bag :screamyeagle :bag :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:38 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:I'm switching to team Smith.

He made some good throws today. He also made some really bad throws and stared down some receivers, but he also made some good throws. He has the higher upside and at this point a bowl game seems like a longshot. Time to start thinking 2016 and I really can't see Flutie being in that conversation. It's Smith or Wade realistically for next year, so let's just go ahead and get Smith some experience. What's the difference between no bowl game with 3 wins and no bowl game with 5 or 6 wins, after all...

Smith has been the right answer for a while.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

He made some good throws today. He seems to be improving each week. He makes the RBs better by giving the defense something else to focus on.
Sure he made some bad decisions (the decision to pitch on the option) but it's to be expected considering he's a true freshman.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:41 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I agreed with Daz that the best thing for the team this year was to rotate and hope one of them stepped up. I think today was the first game where Smith really stepped up. He's clearly grown more than Flutie. And I think after today we're no longer playing for this year. I don't feel like I'm late to the Smith-bandwagon. I think I'm right on time.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Last edited by dtwalrus on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:42 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

He made some good throws today. He seems to be improving each week. He makes the RBs better by giving the defense something else to focus on.
Sure he made some bad decisions (the decision to pitch on the option) but it's to be expected considering he's a true freshman.

The decision has nothing to do with how he throws.

By the way, fuck the pistol formation, fuck playing Smith under center and in the pocket and fuck Todd Fitch
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

The decision has nothing to do with how he throws.

By the way, fuck the pistol formation, fuck playing Smith under center and in the pocket and fuck Todd Fitch

Lining our QB who runs a 4.3 under center makes tons of sense...
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:51 pm

If you need to kill 15 minutes, re-read walrus' flaming hot takes in this thread.

The Philly intern also does some good prick6pedro impersonating here.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:54 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:...

the only breath of fresh air is that nospace hasn't changed and clearly never will. i wonder if his wife and her daughter left him yet

timestamp
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:43 pm

TWB, Claver and I were so correct in this thread it's painful.

Well done EO Coaching Staff
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:51 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Can one of the recruiting weirdos tell me whether Jeff Smith's other P5 offers - supposedly Louisville, Wisconsin and Indiana (others?) - were for QB or ATH?

Ohio St came in late.

Smith can throw the ball plenty well, the question is the playbook. Watch his recruiting highlights he has a cannon

and then he was moved to WR, where he belongs.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:05 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:TWB, Claver and I were so correct in this thread it's painful.

Well done EO Coaching Staff

Wut
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:17 am