Flutie or Smith?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Flutie or Smith?

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:15 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:where did this smith and the playbook story come from?

Mack brown

and we're taking that as gospel?

daz probably said something along the lines of flutie's been on campus for over a year and smith only a couple of months so he's behind in terms of learning the playbook and smith not knowing the playbook is now a thing, lovely
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:34 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Mack brown

daz probably said something along the lines of flutie's been on campus for over a year and smith only a couple of months so he's behind in terms of learning the playbook and smith not knowing the playbook is now a thing, lovely

:shrug
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:41 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Mack brown

:shrug

Smith had 1 passing attempt. Granted, Flutie only had 2---but they put Flutie out there and called real pass plays and showed an intention to throw much more with him. With Smith, it was almost only read option looks
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:59 pm

Lotta stupid on the board.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:41 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:He should pick up the playbook pretty quick since the only plays in it are dive left and dive right

This was meant to be snarky, but you could've put the playbook on a 3x5 index card.

Although Smith should clearly start and play all the snaps, the fact I keep seeing Dudeck line up at WR doesn't inspire confidence in their personnel decisions.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:53 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
billyshelby {l Wrote}:Can Smith throw? I don't even know if Flutie can. Whoever can throw should get the job.

This is 100% wrong. Tom Brady couldn't make this clown car of WRs any better. Less of Alston as a WR would be nice, watching him alligator arm two throws was a pleasure. He's fine in trick plays but as a full time WR yuck.

Our WRs are terrible and are the team's Achilles heal. This why we should go with Smith but I doubt he would make it through the season running the Tyler Murphy offense. My guess is that we will see both.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:55 am

If forced to choose between the WRs and the OL, I would take the WRs, unfortunately.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:58 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Our WRs are terrible and are the team's Achilles heal. This why we should go with Smith but I doubt he would make it through the season running the Tyler Murphy offense. My guess is that we will see both.

achilles only had one bad heel. in your scenario, thetis would have had to have held achilles by both his wr heel and his o-line heel.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:04 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
billyshelby {l Wrote}:Can Smith throw? I don't even know if Flutie can. Whoever can throw should get the job.

This is 100% wrong. Tom Brady couldn't make this clown car of WRs any better. Less of Alston as a WR would be nice, watching him alligator arm two throws was a pleasure. He's fine in trick plays but as a full time WR yuck.

Unfortunately the two best WR are playing QB. If they are going to use both at QB, then they need to use both at WR. When Flutie plays QB, Smith needs to be in there at WR and vice versa.

I am totally serious.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:08 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Unfortunately the two best WR are playing QB. If they are going to use both at QB, then they need to use both at WR. When Flutie plays QB, Smith needs to be in there at WR and vice versa.

I am totally serious.

After watching him against Howard, I was very surprised that we did not see Smith on the field in some capacity (pre injury) Friday night.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:22 am

I haven't read this thread yet and I already know I hate it.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:23 am

i was surprised as well, especially as the 3 & outs piled out. shit at least put him on the field as a decoy

the OL is a far bigger problem than the WRs
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:41 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I haven't read this thread yet and I already know I hate it.

why, does it smell like vagina or something?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:47 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Flutie can't throw at all. Smith has a better arm. No idea why they are pretending this is a tough call. Maybe because he is a true frosh and doesn't know as many plays. Only explanation.

BUT HE SET HS RECORDS IN MA!!111!!!

btw researched this because bci commenters are dumb, here’s what the top rated QB from mass has done in the last decade:

2005: Zach Asack, Duke. < 50% completion 1:2 TD / INT in 7 starts
2006: Billy Flutie, BC. Transitioned to WR & holder extraordinaire
2007: none went d1
2008: none went d1
2009: Charlie Loeb, Cuse. 9 passing attempts in 4 years, FG holder for 4 years
2010: Scott McCummings, UConn. 6-12 in 4 years
2011: none went d1
2012: AJ Doyle, UMass. Now a TE
2013: Mackay Lowrie, committed to BC, left for URI
2014: Miles Wright, can’t find anything of him playing D1

*this is all according to 247
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:55 am

Yeah, I don't know why you pay attention to Hockeyruption. I suppose for the same reason I read ATL's trainwreck of a comment section.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:08 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i was surprised as well, especially as the 3 & outs piled out. shit at least put him on the field as a decoy

the OL is a far bigger problem than the WRs

If you can't block it doesn't really matter what you have at QB, RB or WR.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:14 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Yeah, I don't know why you pay attention to Hockeyruption. I suppose for the same reason I read ATL's trainwreck of a comment section.

So comedy then?

Cause on ATL's blog there's a guy claiming that Fluite "chose the wrong school for his talents." Ya know, since he picked BC out of all the other offers he had.

And there's also a guy who said that Daz ran off the real QB of the future Christian Suntrup and is hiding it behind a medical excuse.

So... comedy.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:17 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:And there's also a guy who said that Daz ran off the real QB of the future Christian Suntrup and is hiding it behind a medical excuse.

And people call this site the lunatic fringe?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:18 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:And there's also a guy who said that Daz ran off the real QB of the future Christian Suntrup and is hiding it behind a medical excuse.

Yes, while I maintain there is a lot of stupid on this board after Friday's loss, I have to say we are far and away the most reasoned board between the three.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:23 am

There's plenty of stupid in all three places. Difference is that those two places are mostly stupid.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:26 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Yes, while I maintain there is a lot of stupid on this board after Friday's loss, I have to say we are far and away the most reasoned board between the three.

plus, we are head and shoulders above the other sites in the homo-erotica category.

i truly think a lot of the stupidity that gets posted here is for agenda pushing or fishing expeditions. the other site have morons that actually believe flutie will be a better quarterback because he's "a better fit" with the program.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby William S on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:28 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: we are head and shoulders above the other sites in the homo-erotica category.

You are either stupid or crazy. Have you forgotten Eagle In Atlanta's clubhouse?

http://www.atlantaeagle.com/
William S
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:30 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

plus, we are head and shoulders above the other sites in the homo-erotica category.

i truly think a lot of the stupidity that gets posted here is for agenda pushing or fishing expeditions. the other site have morons that actually believe flutie will be a better quarterback because he's "a better fit" with the program.

They're having a "which side is racist fight" on hockeyruption in their QB thread right now actually. I think claver started it (because he's racist)
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:31 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

They're having a "which side is racist fight" on hockeyruption in their QB thread right now actually. I think claver started it (because he's racist)

does the winner get free tacos?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:31 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Yeah, I don't know why you pay attention to Hockeyruption. I suppose for the same reason I read ATL's trainwreck of a comment section.

i guess comedy but something about the reaction to friday was another level of stupidity

it's like all the morons on ea decided to venture out into the wild world of the internets beyond the safe keepings of tgosb's paywall
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:31 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

i guess comedy but something about the reaction to friday was another level of stupidity

it's like all the morons on ea decided to venture out into the wild world of the internets beyond the safe keepings of tgosb's paywall

shut up, racist
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:34 am

sorry guru of pick'em, i forgot to fall in line with the bci commentariat white = passing qb, black = running qb...and i have my sample size of 7 snaps to back that up!

you're welcome b0mber
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:37 am

b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:48 am

I get a kick out of dumbasses that brag on the BC defense, but then say Smith can't throw as well as Flutie. Smith was the only effective QB against the BC defense - throwing. Granted Wade got the starters most of the time, but Smith was the guy lighting it up.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:21 am

Why don't we start Troy Smith or Jeff Flutie so BC has the best of both players! :banana :banana :banana :chewbanka :chewbanka :elephant :chewbanka :chewbanka :banana :banana :banana
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium