2016 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2016 Recruiting Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:47 pm

Bryan Matthews ‏@BMattAU 33m33 minutes ago
New Canaan OL Lucas Niang said Auburn and Boston College were two teams that stood out to him following AU visit

---

encouraging! :screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:23 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Bryan Matthews ‏@BMattAU 33m33 minutes ago
New Canaan OL Lucas Niang said Auburn and Boston College were two teams that stood out to him following AU visit

---

Was at Auburn camp today. Still has visits to Oregon, TCU and Miami planned.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:06 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Bryan Matthews ‏@BMattAU 33m33 minutes ago

---

tough to find 2 more opposite programs
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby rktbrkr on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:46 pm

Niang may have his hands full when New Canaan scrimmages Toughchester power Stepinac and 6'4" 250 DE Malcolm Koonce. Koonce hasn't been actively recruited yet he grew into D1 size the past year, great motor.

Niang loved Ped state visit.
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:30 pm

Mike Alves ‏@m_alves1234 37m37 minutes ago San Diego, CA
Top 5 (no order)

Washington
Wisconsin
Oregon
Boston College
UCLA

http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Alves-77672

:screamyeagle
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby L35guy on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Per Rivals, 3* All Purpose Back Moe Neal down to Cuse and Wake...
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby maxwell22 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:26 pm

No Moe?
maxwell22
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:13 pm

At this point, I cant really see them bringing in a RB this class and wouldn't even know where to start in terms of names if they were still targeting one.

Puts added pressure on landing a big time RB next year, hopefully AJ Dillon from Lawrence Academy who is going to be a national, elite name
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:47 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:At this point, I cant really see them bringing in a RB this class and wouldn't even know where to start in terms of names if they were still targeting one.

Puts added pressure on landing a big time RB next year, hopefully AJ Dillon from Lawrence Academy who is going to be a national, elite name

I'm not a big fan of skipping positions in recruiting classes. Having said that with Hillman, Outlaw, Willis, Rouse and Gowins you'd have a tough time selling the PT angle.

Watching Rouse redeem himself by running over Cuse defenders last year was definitely one of the feel good stories.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:19 am

maxwell22 {l Wrote}:No Moe?

Poor Moe - he was eaten by the bear. Oh' Woe is Moe!

7:35 through 8:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35KBr_k ... Uc&index=2
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:29 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:At this point, I cant really see them bringing in a RB this class and wouldn't even know where to start in terms of names if they were still targeting one.

I'm not a big fan of skipping positions in recruiting classes. Having said that with Hillman, Outlaw, Willis, Rouse and Gowins you'd have a tough time selling the PT angle.

Watching Rouse redeem himself by running over Cuse defenders last year was definitely one of the feel good stories.

presumably Gowins is going to redshirt, so skipping an RB this year leaves the position in decent shape in 2016:
seniors: Willis, Rouse
juniors: Hilliman, Outlow
freshman: Gowins

also, Wilson is listed at FB but i wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting touches this year as well.

PS - agreed on Dillon, he is a manchild. he already took an unofficial to BC; hopefully they can land him.
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:36 pm

Daz needs to complete our wall around the ISL that Spazzorelli started.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby L35guy on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:25 pm

Dillon is going to be hard to land. Not that it means much, but 247's crystal ball has him at 80% ND. Additionally, his grandfather was a star at ND back in the day and he doesn't seem to be mentioning BC much in the stuff I've read on him. Hopefully, he can realize that Addazio's system is a perfect fit for him and playing time will be available once Hilliman and Outlow graduate.
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:59 pm

L35guy {l Wrote}:

Dillon is going to be hard to land. Not that it means much, but 247's crystal ball has him at 80% ND. Additionally, his grandfather was a star at ND back in the day and he doesn't seem to be mentioning BC much in the stuff I've read on him. Hopefully, he can realize that Addazio's system is a perfect fit for him and playing time will be available once Hilliman and Outlow graduate.

BC will be a player for Dillon, don't forget, his HC at Lawrence is Paul Zukauskus.

Additionally on the RB front, looks like BC may get a visit from Tyler Thompson, a 6'0/200lb RB from Ocean Township, NJ. Offers from Syracuse and UVA. Cuse has 2 RBs committed so can't imagine they're a player.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:06 am

Nice runner. Blew up his leg last year, so will have to see if it effected his speed. Before the injury he seemed to have decent (not great) speed (but had good balance and was physical).
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/art ... ia-fibula/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:14 pm

Article on Herald blog saying Curt Bletzer from Catholic Memorial has committed. Claims offers from FCS schools. Brother of Kevin Bletzer (LB) from the 2014 class.

Doesn't specify, but would have to imagine he was offered as a preferred walk on considering the limited spots. The class is already at 14 and off the top of my head I would imagine they are going to get a late RB and probably another OL (Niang ?) at a minimum putting the class to 16.

https://www.bostonherald.com/sports/high_school/high_school_insider/2015/08/high_school_football_catholic_memorials_curt_bletzer

Curt Bletzer calls it a dream come through.

That vision became a reality recently for the Catholic Memorial senior when he was offered a football scholarship to Boston College for the fall of 2016. The 6-foot-1, 190-pound senior safety/slotback had received offers from Maine, Holy Cross and Harvard, but when BC came knocking, he was all-in.

"I couldn't believe it when they offered - I was so excited to get it," said Bletzer. "Growing up (in Medfield), I would go to all of their football and hockey games with my family (the Bletzer family is from Brighton) and I always dreamed to being able to go there."

Bletzer will have at least one familiar face in the Eagle locker room when he arrives next year. Older brother Kevin is a redshirt freshman linebacker and Curt figures to lean heavily on Kevin for advice.

"I think having Kevin there is a huge factor for me," Bletzer said. "I feel like I will have a leg up going there because I'll have a better idea of what to expect from Kevin."
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:31 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Article on Herald blog saying Curt Bletzer from Catholic Memorial has committed. Claims offers from FCS schools. Brother of Kevin Bletzer (LB) from the 2014 class.

Doesn't specify, but would have to imagine he was offered as a preferred walk on considering the limited spots. The class is already at 14 and off the top of my head I would imagine they are going to get a late RB and probably another OL (Niang ?) at a minimum putting the class to 16.

https://www.bostonherald.com/sports/high_school/high_school_insider/2015/08/high_school_football_catholic_memorials_curt_bletzer

That vision became a reality recently for the Catholic Memorial senior when he was offered a football scholarship to Boston College for the fall of 2016. The 6-foot-1, 190-pound senior safety/slotback had received offers from Maine, Holy Cross and Harvard, but when BC came knocking, he was all-in.

"I couldn't believe it when they offered - I was so excited to get it," said Bletzer. "Growing up (in Medfield), I would go to all of their football and hockey games with my family (the Bletzer family is from Brighton) and I always dreamed to being able to go there."

Bletzer will have at least one familiar face in the Eagle locker room when he arrives next year. Older brother Kevin is a redshirt freshman linebacker and Curt figures to lean heavily on Kevin for advice.

"I think having Kevin there is a huge factor for me," Bletzer said. "I feel like I will have a leg up going there because I'll have a better idea of what to expect from Kevin."

No value added.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:18 pm

I take it from this commit, that he is the best we could do at this point. Specifically, I don't believe we will see a player with a Big 5 offer from here on out. That said, I'm sure Bates is psyched to have a firm commitment to the Flynn Fund.

As a result, while I feel this class will have 3 more kids (all apparently of the diamond-in-the-rough variety), we can start evaluating the class. While this class is decent, it ultimately is disappointing and probably the worst of Dazoo's 3 classes.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby L35guy on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:46 pm

While we are still in it for Niang, Long, and a few others, I agree that this class is turning out to be a little disappointing. Daz is worlds better at recruiting than Spaz, but given his recruiting experience, I would think he'd be pulling less of the 2 star, no Power 5 offer types at this point. Another DT is an absolute must in this class and if Long doesn't choose BC, the pickings are slim. Next year, if he absolutely must land AJ Dillon.
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:59 pm

We shouldn't be surprised by the timing of this. August for Daz is like February for TOB. Daz is all about the season once it starts. Once December rolls around, he is all about the next class. The only recruiting his staff does during the season is to make sure that the verbals stay committed. The only new recruiting he'll do for the Class of 2016 is if there is a decommitment (either from BC or another program). I don't see Niang or anyone else of his level rounding out this class. We are in flyer mode from here on out.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:01 pm

L35guy {l Wrote}:While we are still in it for Niang, Long, and a few others, I agree that this class is turning out to be a little disappointing. Daz is worlds better at recruiting than Spaz, but given his recruiting experience, I would think he'd be pulling less of the 2 star, no Power 5 offer types at this point. Another DT is an absolute must in this class and if Long doesn't choose BC, the pickings are slim. Next year, if he absolutely must land AJ Dillon.

Long is committed to Pitt and may be waiting on some admission stuff (which makes BC admission a long shot)

I think BC will land Niang, and should he commit, he would probably have the best offer sheet of anyone in this class (Auburn, Miami, PSU, Cuse, Kentucky, Mississippi State, TCU, Pitt and UVA). Niang's HS coach has strong ties to Addazio and he seems to have BC in high regard along with Auburn.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby L35guy on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:28 pm

I thought Long decommitted from Pitt. None of the recruiting sites show him committed to Pitt, not that it matters. If he cant safely clear Pitt admissions, he'd never get into BC
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:20 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Article on Herald blog saying Curt Bletzer from Catholic Memorial has committed. Claims offers from FCS schools. Brother of Kevin Bletzer (LB) from the 2014 class.

Same reaction as when we landed his brother.....neither of these make any sense at all
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:32 pm

FS/SS is a position of need in this class (first DB) despite HJS' commentary, would this kid really not be available in December?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:40 am

I suggest folks not look up his combine numbers.
http://www.studentsports.com/football/2 ... g-results/
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:25 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I suggest folks not look up his combine numbers.
http://www.studentsports.com/football/2 ... g-results/

6'0 190 LB with a 4.91 40, what's not to like?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:08 am

HJS {l Wrote}:We shouldn't be surprised by the timing of this. August for Daz is like February for TOB. Daz is all about the season once it starts. Once December rolls around, he is all about the next class. The only recruiting his staff does during the season is to make sure that the verbals stay committed. The only new recruiting he'll do for the Class of 2016 is if there is a decommitment (either from BC or another program). I don't see Niang or anyone else of his level rounding out this class. We are in flyer mode from here on out.

Another sleeper in the works, Abdoul Kouyate from St. Josephs.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:41 am

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:We shouldn't be surprised by the timing of this. August for Daz is like February for TOB. Daz is all about the season once it starts. Once December rolls around, he is all about the next class. The only recruiting his staff does during the season is to make sure that the verbals stay committed. The only new recruiting he'll do for the Class of 2016 is if there is a decommitment (either from BC or another program). I don't see Niang or anyone else of his level rounding out this class. We are in flyer mode from here on out.

I'm not sold on offering the donor's kid, like everyone else, but this sleeper looks like a good risk. Camped and he visited Pitt.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:46 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:

I'm not sold on offering the donor's kid, like everyone else, but this sleeper looks like a good risk.

Kouyate was at Cardinal Hayes last year and was considered a top DE prospect out of NY. If Augie Hoffman says the kid is good enough, you offer and don't look back (see Sherman Alston). The 4.91 DB is not in the same stratosphere as the real prospect from SJR.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:58 am

HJS {l Wrote}: That said, I'm sure Bates is psyched to have a firm commitment to the Flynn Fund.

Huh? What did I miss?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium