2016 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2016 Recruiting Thread

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:29 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Who are the three early enrollees? Thought this class + transfers would end up a little bigger given the attrition. Maybe I am just counting wrong.

Coming off a 3-9 year where we might've lost some A and B list kids, and with a few redshirts last year, I'm OK with the smaller class. We'll have more room for 2017 after going 10-2.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:39 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Who are the three early enrollees? Thought this class + transfers would end up a little bigger given the attrition. Maybe I am just counting wrong.

Towles, Tuckey & Brown.

Oh, didn't know Towles counted as an early enrollee. Glad he is in early. Also think it means Tucky plays a lot next year.

Seems like Tucky is a likely candidate to back up Milano this year and take over when he graduates.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:43 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Coming off a 3-9 year where we might've lost some A and B list kids, and with a few redshirts last year, I'm OK with the smaller class. We'll have more room for 2017 after going 10-2.

The ranking of the class was always going to be low because of the quantity of kids. With last year, this is right where I would expect the class to be. Ranking wise, there is such a small margin between BC (apparently being in last) and teams like VT, Louisville, NCSU who are more in the middle of the conference that it really doesn't mean much .
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:54 am

Good to see none of the scholarship OLs decommit as some rumors suggested, while picking up Johnson. 2-stars but at least he's coming in with ACC size.

Not terribly impressed, nor terribly disappointed here. Only major concerns are at DT & RB. I still think this lack of DT recruiting this season and last will hurt us badly in the near future. At RB, we better get a 5th year to add to the rotation and also be pushing hard for Dillon or another top RB in the 2017 class.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:57 am

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:Good to see none of the scholarship OLs decommit as some rumors suggested, while picking up Johnson. 2-stars but at least he's coming in with ACC size.

Not terribly impressed, nor terribly disappointed here. Only major concerns are at DT & RB. I still think this lack of DT recruiting this season and last will hurt us badly in the near future. At RB, we better get a 5th year to add to the rotation and also be pushing hard for Dillon or another top RB in the 2017 class.

FWIW, I think Morais is definitely going to be a DT so they did sign two.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:59 am

31southst {l Wrote}:
BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:Good to see none of the scholarship OLs decommit as some rumors suggested, while picking up Johnson. 2-stars but at least he's coming in with ACC size.

FWIW, I think Morais is definitely going to be a DT so they did sign two.

Johnson easily had one of the better offer sheets top to bottom in the class, don't read anything into a star rating. I totally agree in re: to the RB issue however, that is a major omission by Addazio (and seems as tho it was by design at least originally, only to find themselves behind the 8-ball with attrition). I don't like the idea of skipping a RB in any class based on Addazios reliance on them, but next year even if a PG isn't added, should still be serviceable assuming no injuries (Hilliman, Willis, Rouse and Wilson in emergency spots). Obviously attrition highlighted this years RB omission and it seemed that Addazio wasn't originally going to take a RB only to have to scramble late, but I don't like the idea of skipping a year at all.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:07 am

While I agree regarding not landing a RB, it remains the easiest position to land an impact freshman. Only really LB compares, at least from the pool from which BC recruits.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:38 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Daz:
- "filling the tank with receivers and getting a throwing QB in here," get the passing game going.
- emphasis on focusing on catholic high schools nation-wide.
- 5-year turnaround process (chug a beer if you're playing the Daz interview drinking game)
- talked about inheriting a void on the roster, said the void is gone, but now just a process of developing and skill position talent. (Another beer)
- 70 of 85 in the lower three classes. Small senior class. (Beer and a shot)
- Best attitude team I've ever been around, referencing the work ethic.

I can't do another year of this.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:41 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

The "ran off on the plug" video is cringe-inducing.

I laughed :shrug

I'm old and had to google it a few days ago.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:30 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:also - hello eepstein. we know you are lurking (through the use of our moderator tools) and we are chuckling in forum 9 about how much it must be killing you not to comment on this loi class

Go fuck yourself TRE. I'll accept your mock apology because I know I annoy you and that in itself is awesome.

Football recruiting rankings are stupid. The class lacks instant impact players but is fine, it's more about building depth at this point. Win 8 games and you'll get the usual 3-5 instant impact kids in 2017.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:51 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:also - hello eepstein. we know you are lurking (through the use of our moderator tools) and we are chuckling in forum 9 about how much it must be killing you not to comment on this loi class

Go fuck yourself TRE. I'll accept your mock apology because I know I annoy you and that in itself is awesome.

Football recruiting rankings are stupid. The class lacks instant impact players but is fine, it's more about building depth at this point. Win 8 games and you'll get the usual 3-5 instant impact kids in 2017.

:slapfight
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby EagleWolverine on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:04 pm

I'm hearing the Dazzler has a 2017 Signing with the Stars event lined up.

[list=]They will rank dudes based on their toughness and hardbodies,

there will be a swimsuit competition involving dudes,

the guy from Pizza Etc. will be there,

Chris O'Donnell will send in a videotape of himself reprising his role of Robin,

Chewie will show up to inappropriately touch recruits' girlfriends,

our star recruit will decide between BC and UNH at baloney-point [/list]

the day will culminate with Dazoo slow dancing with dudes in tuxedo underpants while his self-recorded single, Its Raining Dudes, plays over a loudspeaker hung in a on-stage scale replica of BC's renowned dining institution The Golden Lantern.
EagleWolverine
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:15 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

even i am better at quitting than you are.

pussy
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:16 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

even i am better at quitting than you are.

pussy

i mean, i am sorry i am better at quitting than you are. and, i am sorry you are a pussy

edit - oh yeah, and our moderator tools cannot identify who is lurking. we just knew that you were because you are a pussy and lurking around after quitting is a pussy move. thanks for proving your pussiness, huang and murt both owe me a quarter now
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:20 pm

EagleWolverine {l Wrote}:I'm hearing the Dazzler has a 2017 Signing with the Stars event lined up.

Chris O'Donnell will send in a videotape of himself reprising his role of Robin,

the day will culminate with Dazoo slow dancing with dudes in tuxedo underpants while his self-recorded single, Its Raining Dudes, plays over a loudspeaker hung in a on-stage scale replica of BC's renowned dining institution The Golden Lantern.

You had me at "tuxedo underpants".

:whammy
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:25 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
EagleWolverine {l Wrote}:I'm hearing the Dazzler has a 2017 Signing with the Stars event lined up.

You had me at "tuxedo underpants".

:whammy

i assume they are assless tuxedo underpants to show that he's classy, but has a wild side as well
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:37 pm

Where do I get tickets and will I need a wristband?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:38 pm

is the golden lantern still a thing? i thought that only had a 1 or 2 year run before the terribleness of the idea sunk in to all involved
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby EagleWolverine on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:52 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:is the golden lantern still a thing? i thought that only had a 1 or 2 year run before the terribleness of the idea sunk in to all involved

It lives on in the hearts of the BCU community. It is the gleam in the eye of every student who spent an evening dining by candlelight, served by the poors forced to earn their scholarship by slinging breaded mushrooms drowned in butter to their more affluent suitemates. It is the cottage cheese in the thighs of every Lady-Eagle that spent her meal card on peanut butter pies.
Can the Golden Lantern ever truly not be a thing?
EagleWolverine
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:27 pm

so i looked up when they shut it down - the end of my junior year. i can say that i never dined in the golden lantern but that may be because i was not a lower campus dweller until i reached the mods.

i also discovered an old menu from the early 80s that identified that they served beer and wine. that was extinct by the 90s when only one night a year they would serve beer in the rat and would perennially wind up with a total shitshow. i can just about guarantee that if the golden lantern still served beer and wine that could be charged to the meal plan, they would be alive and well today
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:32 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:so i looked up when they shut it down - the end of my junior year. i can say that i never dined in the golden lantern but that may be because i was not a lower campus dweller until i reached the mods.

i also discovered an old menu from the early 80s that identified that they served beer and wine. that was extinct by the 90s when only one night a year they would serve beer in the rat and would perennially wind up with a total shitshow. i can just about guarantee that if the golden lantern still served beer and wine that could be charged to the meal plan, they would be alive and well today

I don't remember the golden lantern. Gone by the time foot and I arrived?
But I do remember beer in the rat... I recall a particular concert there with vanilla ice. Can't remember if he was rapping or playing guitar for that performance. What a drunken shit show.

P.s. I swear vanilla ice performed at BC like twice a year from 96-01.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Law School used to do weekly kegs on Newton Campus, I'm sure someone on here posed as a 1L to get free booze once or twice.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:42 pm

the golden lantern shut down in may of 1993. i guess the room that used to be the golden lantern is where we used to go to watch beavis and butthead in 93/94 (as there was no cable or direct bc or whatever shit it is you nerds have now)

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby EagleWolverine on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:43 pm

ImageFetch me a water, Sully!
EagleWolverine
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Law School used to do weekly kegs on Newton Campus, I'm sure someone on here posed as a 1L to get free booze once or twice.

yes. there were also people that used to fuck in the basement library after those keggers. on more than one occasion we saw couch fucking in the early evening as we walked to stuart for dinner... it made me want to go to law school
Last edited by TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:45 pm

EagleWolverine {l Wrote}:ImageFetch me a water, Sully!

Looks like Woody Boyd.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby JConman on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:07 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:the golden lantern shut down in may of 1993. i guess the room that used to be the golden lantern is where we used to go to watch beavis and butthead in 93/94 (as there was no cable or direct bc or whatever shit it is you nerds have now)

Haha I remember watching Beavis and Butthead in there. They used to also have the basketball team's away games on if they happened to be on ESPN.
JConman
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:57 pm

Please tell me the RB we just signed is a preferred walk on.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:22 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Please tell me the RB we just signed is a preferred walk on.

He is
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:35 pm

Talked with someone who teaches at Barlow's school recently. Said the kid hit a growth spurt and hadn't filled out which is why high major schools weren't involved. He said BC got a complete steal in Barlow and that he's an electric edge rusher.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium