2016 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2016 Recruiting Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:39 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:You're not very smart are you?

Gray had offers from a few other P5 schools.

BCs policy of telling talented players to go away instead of actually recruiting them is stupid. About as stupid as asking a RB with offers from Alabama and Ohio St to switch positions and then giving all the carries to the 4th best RB on the depth chart. About as stupid as sitting the only two WRs who can get open on the bench for a majority of snaps.

Fucking morons running this football team are as dumb as you are.

No, you're not very smart [no need for "are you?"].

No P5 coaching staff should let recruits, other than those that are potentially program changing, take visits while committed. It's not a question of the particular recruit, it's good policy to avoid half of the recruiting class deciding to do the same thing. This staff has actually been pretty competent in recruit retention prior to the last month. The other things at the end of your post didn't happen.

Yes it did happen. BC chased off Outlaw by giving all the carries to Rouse who's redeeming quality is being tough or something and then suggesting Outlaw play WR or some goofy 3rd down back role. Your RB rotation is stacked if Rouse is your 4th best RB, but you aren't beating upper-tier ACC teams with him getting 20+ carries. He has 0 breakaway speed or big play ability. He's terrific when we're trying to finish off some shitty MAC Team or whatever that Syracuse team was last season so that Hilliman, Outlaw and Willis don't get hurt.

It's more of the same from this stupid staff, play toughness over talent. For 3 straight years the most talented players haven't been on the field.

I don't really know what "play toughness over talent" means, it sounds made up and dumb. I don't think Rouse is great by any means, I'm just suspicious that Outlow would be better with more volume. I see him as a loss, but you are exaggerating his talent in my opinion. Your WR analysis is based solely on skin color, so I give it the zero credit it is due.

Daz would rather play the tough player than the talented one. It's why our RB rotation is how it was. He's said as much calling Rouse a pit bull or whatever nonesense it was.

Has nothing to do with skin color. Smith, Robinson and Callahan should've been the WRs and Daz's kid should've never played. I'd like to play the WRs who can get open. Having said this, they're all differently levels of suck
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:56 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If Outlow wanted more playing time he would have ended transferring eventually anyway, because Steve Addazio goes to bed at night and dreams about handing the ball to Hilliman 40 times a game and having him run straight up the middle.

Hilliman would be better off in a pro style type offense or whatever bizarre pistol variation we are going to run.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:04 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:If Outlow wanted more playing time he would have ended transferring eventually anyway, because Steve Addazio goes to bed at night and dreams about handing the ball to Hilliman 40 times a game and having him run straight up the middle.

which worked well in 2014.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:05 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:You're not very smart are you?

BCs policy of telling talented players to go away instead of actually recruiting them is stupid. About as stupid as asking a RB with offers from Alabama and Ohio St to switch positions and then giving all the carries to the 4th best RB on the depth chart. About as stupid as sitting the only two WRs who can get open on the bench for a majority of snaps.

No, you're not very smart [no need for "are you?"].

No P5 coaching staff should let recruits, other than those that are potentially program changing, take visits while committed. It's not a question of the particular recruit, it's good policy to avoid half of the recruiting class deciding to do the same thing. This staff has actually been pretty competent in recruit retention prior to the last month. The other things at the end of your post didn't happen.

Yes it did happen. BC chased off Outlaw by giving all the carries to Rouse who's redeeming quality is being tough or something and then suggesting Outlaw play WR or some goofy 3rd down back role. Your RB rotation is stacked if Rouse is your 4th best RB, but you aren't beating upper-tier ACC teams with him getting 20+ carries. He has 0 breakaway speed or big play ability. He's terrific when we're trying to finish off some shitty MAC Team or whatever that Syracuse team was last season so that Hilliman, Outlaw and Willis don't get hurt.

It's more of the same from this stupid staff, play toughness over talent. For 3 straight years the most talented players haven't been on the field.

I don't really know what "play toughness over talent" means, it sounds made up and dumb. I don't think Rouse is great by any means, I'm just suspicious that Outlow would be better with more volume. I see him as a loss, but you are exaggerating his talent in my opinion. Your WR analysis is based solely on skin color, so I give it the zero credit it is due.

Daz would rather play the tough player than the talented one. It's why our RB rotation is how it was. He's said as much calling Rouse a pit bull or whatever nonesense it was.

Has nothing to do with skin color. Smith, Robinson and Callahan should've been the WRs and Daz's kid should've never played. I'd like to play the WRs who can get open. Having said this, they're all differently levels of suck

nothing drives me more nuts than conflating some press conference throw away line with strategy. Daz's kid as a WR is an interesting stretch. I accuse you of campaigning for worst poster and am off to vote for eaglekeeper some more times.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:It also doesn't bode real well for BC if we're losing recruits to UConn

Really? Come on your better than this, micro.

"It doesn't bode well for Daz's no offer early verbals if this is the best interest they can muster" is a much better doomsday-take on the situation. Your asinine post presupposes that BC is still recruiting Gray such that a Yukon verbal would be a "loss". As has been mentioned elsewhere in this thread, Gray was apparently told to take a hike once he asked about wanting to visit other schools.

You're not very smart are you?

I don't necessarily agree with this only because I think there is more to Gray than him just wanting to go look elsewhere. A perfect example is Morais who has hinted at visiting elsewhere but is still actively being recruited by staff to stay on board.

With Gray, I think it's a case of him liking the recruiting process and the attention it brings and the staff probably didn't care enough to deal with him while he dragged his feet for more attention so he could tweet about it. It's interesting that Gray is going to take OVs to a bunch of places that he doesn't even have offers from (Maryland, Wisconsin, Pitt) with hopes of fishing for offers (presumably what he asked Addazio permission to do).

With all that being said, I don't think Addazio has a policy like Pat Fitzgerald (where once you commit, regardless of who you are, you can't take visits elsewhere) but one that is more selective. You can look over last few years and look at guys who were possibly wavering that Addazio held (Landry, Wyatt Ray, Morais this year off the tip of my head). The more I think about Grays situation, the less I care about losing him
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Bois, I have super news for all of you. BC is battling Mercer for DB Rachaun Mitchell. Okay, okay, now for the better news. DB Damon Hayes is looking to make an official visit to BC in the near future. He's currently a Rutgers commit and his best offers are from Rutgers, Wake, and BC.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:00 pm

Cat hair pee fire
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:00 pm

Donald Stewart down to BC, Michigan and Stanford. Has visits to Michigan/Stan coming up (and possibly one other school of a group of Rutgers, USCe, Wake, NW and Vandy).

Sounds like he is waiting on admission info from Stanford. Michigan already has 3 WR's committed and a class of 23.

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1630343-b1g-pac-12-visits-next-for-donald-stewart

Also, sounds like BC might be involved with Brandon Ginnetti from Cheshire Academy in CT. Originally committed to Syracuse in 2015 and decided to do a prep year instead because of an injury. Think he is visiting in next few weeks

Sam Blum ‏@SamBlum3 2h2 hours ago
Brandon Ginnetti said Syracuse would still honor his commitment, but he decided to decommit. Said he hopes to land at Boston College.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Casey on Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:54 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:So are we pumped because we have fewer Spaz-like, 2-star, no-offer recruits? Or are we jumping off of buildings because this 2-star was the next Danny Dalton? Asking for a friend...

1. Didn't UVA offer?
B) What position was he recruited for?

UVA did offer, he was recruited as a DB after playing QB in HS.

Someone in 247 made a prediction for KJ Gray to Yukon, talk about a poor life decision should that come to fruition

Don't dismiss academics as the reason for his departure. Of course will never know for sure but when you look at his candidate list of crappy schools and the timing of the decommit ... just after the December SAT results and semester grades were received. Decide for Yourself
Casey
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Tyliek Raynor just decommitted from Arizona. RB from Imhotep in Philly, has BC offer and is position they want to fill with departures
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:46 pm

Tom Kowalkoski offered by Syracuse yesterday
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby QuailMan on Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:04 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Tom Kowalkoski offered by Syracuse yesterday

Syracuse is in flier mode
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:13 pm

QuailMan {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Tom Kowalkoski offered by Syracuse yesterday

Syracuse is in flier mode

I'd argue Syracuse is always in flier mode
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:24 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Donald Stewart down to BC, Michigan and Stanford. Has visits to Michigan/Stan coming up (and possibly one other school of a group of Rutgers, USCe, Wake, NW and Vandy).

Sounds like he is waiting on admission info from Stanford. Michigan already has 3 WR's committed and a class of 23.

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1630343-b1g-pac-12-visits-next-for-donald-stewart

Stewart down to Michigan and Stanford. Was recently admitted to Stanford and is visiting this weekend. Seemed like he was leaning that way the whole time, just keeping his options open in case he didn't get it.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:47 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Tyliek Raynor just decommitted from Arizona. RB from Imhotep in Philly, has BC offer and is position they want to fill with departures

Tyliek?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:55 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Tyliek Raynor just decommitted from Arizona. RB from Imhotep in Philly, has BC offer and is position they want to fill with departures

Tyliek?

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyliek-Raynor-36850

The school he goes to, Imhotep Charter, is an "African Centered science, mathematics and technology learning community whose missionis to provide a standards driven, high quality educational program for urban learners grounded in the African Principles" so you are sure to get a bunch of dreadlock (vs goldilocks) type names. All the kids that go to this charter school wear traditional African clothing ...

In fact, I think this is the same school where Roonie's favorite basketball coach in the galaxy got Brandon Austin, who was a 4* forward that was subsequently thrown out of PC for rape and then thrown out of Oregon for rape as well.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:14 pm

So you are saying we should take Brandon Austin too?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:59 pm

For what its worth (nada?), ESPN upgraded Harrington to an 80 rating and 4 stars. At least we have another opportunity for the #4starcurse
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:17 pm

Izon Pulley from Good Counsel in MD is visiting this weekend. Former Miami commit with other offers from BC, Iowa, Cincy, and Temple (aside from UM).

3* 6'3/250lb DE
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:21 am

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:For what its worth (nada?), ESPN upgraded Harrington to an 80 rating and 4 stars. At least we have another opportunity for the #4starcurse

That didn't take long at all! :titanic
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:24 am

Michael Dwumfour decommitted from Penn State. Believe BC was one of first to offer him, DT from NJ, major position of need

Edit: NM prob goin to Michigan
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:16 am

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:For what its worth (nada?), ESPN upgraded Harrington to an 80 rating and 4 stars. At least we have another opportunity for the #4starcurse

That didn't take long at all! :titanic

That was pretty damn funny.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:02 pm

ESPN probably heard the decommit was coming and if he's good enough to play for Stanford then he must be 4 stars! Recruiting is a joke.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:25 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

ESPN probably heard the decommit was coming and if he's good enough to play for Stanford then he must be 4 stars! Recruiting is a joke.

Would've been hilarious if he got the extra star today!
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:33 pm

BC had Cross Tate on campus for official visit this past weekend, Fitch and Campinile had an in home visit with him recently as well. 6'1 CB/WR from Tampa (orig from PA) and seemed to have good things to say about BC on Twitter.

Unclear as to his offer status, but could be a name to keep an eye on coming up to signing day
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:48 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Niang to TCU is about to happen it appears.

happened.

what a bizarre recruitment, safe to assume there are academic issues there
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:28 pm

KJ Gray committed to Rutgers ... after decommitting, he named all these schools he was going to "visit" (Pitt, MSU, etc) but his options after BC included Rutgers, UMASS and Yukon, think he had a slightly inflated view of himself. Surprised he didn't wait till NSD to do a hat ceremony since he seems to love this recruiting crap.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby NaturalLight on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:16 am

TOS is showing that we have a 5th year coming for 2016. Can't find anything on the twatter machine. Anyone know anything?
NaturalLight
Carney Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:33 am

NaturalLight {l Wrote}:TOS is showing that we have a 5th year coming for 2016. Can't find anything on the twatter machine. Anyone know anything?

Jimmy Lowery, Eastern Illinois
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:39 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:
NaturalLight {l Wrote}:TOS is showing that we have a 5th year coming for 2016. Can't find anything on the twatter machine. Anyone know anything?

Jimmy Lowery, Eastern Illinois

without ever seeing him play, it's the exact sort of move that should've happened last year...

2015 (JUNIOR): Started all 12 games at left tackle earning second team All-Ohio Valley Conference honors... member of offensive line that ranked fifth in the NCAA and first in the OVC in fewest sacks allowed... offensive line allowed only nine sacks all season including no sacks in final eight games... offensive line ended season with streak of 636 consecutive plays without a sack...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

PreviousNext