2016 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2016 Recruiting Thread

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:39 am

so has enough time passed to say that he sucks now or do we still need to wait as few hours? i forget the official w3ird0z time clock
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:46 am

Here's the thing that bugs me. He was our first verbal. There was no pressure on him to commit. Further, the first commit has an obligation in some ways to be a leader of the class. Shit. He even wore 22 in high school.

Instead, I get the feeling that he used his BC verbal as a way to get himself noticed. Marshfield isn't on anyone's recruiting radar. They play no one. He hasn't done the combine circuit. He wasn't written up in articles. Best way to get noticed is to commit to BC and then let folks know you are still open. Then, create a stir by exploding Bama's interest into an offer (though it likely ain't "commitable"). At the end of the day, he left PSU this weekend without an offer. While eppy claims the Bama boards are all Dalton on the time, I guarantee there isn't a single reference to him until he tweeted his questionable offer.

Whatevs. Would have been a nice to have because it is a weak Mass year. But, at the end of the day, TE is not a game-changing position and we have others who are arguably better and have chances with guys with similar potential. Kids make weird, impulsive decisions. But, in this case, I think the animus is because folks feel he used BC. You won't see any of this negativity towards Morais when he tours UNC and Tenn.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:51 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Kids make weird, impulsive decisions. But, in this case, I think the animus is because folks feel he used BC.

That and the blatant lie about how it was always going to come back to BC which in reality meant it was always going to come back to BC, unless he got another offer that he found interesting. It's like reading that Falzon dreamed about going to BC his whole life. Don't spit on my boot and tell me it's raining!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:09 am

This is speculation, but he seems to have used some kind of recruiting exposure (hip fluidity) service called NCSA. I wonder if they played some role in his recruitment process.

He seemed like he could be pretty good and with our dubiously accurate QB stable it might have been nice to have somebody who catches everything near him, but since its still march and he's not exactly a position of need nor a difficult to replace one, I don't care very much. I'm glad we have a HC who understands how to play the game though (shut up TRE, Daz is a great recruiter and I am putting an end to your feeble resistance to this obvious conclusion). Under Spazoo, this would have festered and screwed up the class.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:13 am

you said the same thing about donahue after clifford and hanlan. just sayin...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:21 am

I thought the kid was pretty good. I am already recovered from the 10 seconds of sleep I lost about losing a TE.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:23 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:you said the same thing about donahue after clifford and hanlan. just sayin...

No I didn't, you changed my posts
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:44 am

You know the 2016 recruiting season is in full swing when we have a 17 or 18 year old kid that we can call stupid because he acted like a 17 or 18 year old kid.

This usually happened much later in the summer during Spaz's tenure. I think this is a positive sign for the program.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:44 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
NaturalLight {l Wrote}:
NaturalLight {l Wrote}:
NaturalLight {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
NaturalLight {l Wrote}:He'll be buried on the depth chart at Bama and never see playing time once they sign their latest phenom who trademarks his name or some bullshit.

You and people who think like this are so out of touch. Athletes like Dalton don't think that way. Athletes like Dalton think they're the latest phenom and that they are better than anyone else Saban can find at their position. If a recruit is considering BC over Bama because he thinks it will be easier to make the 2-deep at BC, I don't want him on the team.

I would be more disturbed if you're in touch with a male high school senior.

lame attempt at humor fail. believe it or not, people on this message board may be old enough to have children that are in high school (or grandchildren in limited cases) and recognize the expectations of the new fangled millenial mindset.

besides, foot prefers ladyboys and i can't imagine many of those getting an offer from bama to play football

What I'm attempting to say while bored at the office is one of our commits got an offer from Bama and if he stays then he is exactly who I want on my team.

i don't see what any of that has to do with touching high school seniors

Nothing. You all seem pretty strange and I wanted to fit in. Better?

I actually found this post funny and refreshing.

yeah, but you like girls with weeners so you're probably not one to rely on for judgment here...

but, back to dalton. he said he liked bc for the athletics and the academics. if he ends up at bama he's a brendan beal level fraud and i would wish him luck on his route to wall street (much like i did brendan)

Clearly, we need to stop recruiting kids with alliterative names.

Brendan beal, Chris Clark, Danny dalton.... This is clearly more than coincidence. Please don't tell me that ebenezer ekuban is on our radar.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:59 am

Miles McFugger is going to be an issue if he graduates from Scituate.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:01 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Miles McFugger is going to be an issue if he graduates from Scituate.

nails was always the one we wanted anyway.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:06 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Miles McFugger is going to be an issue if he graduates from Scituate.

nails was always the one we wanted anyway.

I'll take your word for it, but I thought Nerlens was the best of the bunch.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:12 am

We may not be taking a RB in this class, per the recruiting guy on TOS. I am fine with that.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:31 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:We may not be taking a RB in this class, per the recruiting guy on TOS. I am fine with that.

I'm not. While we are stocked at the position, we only took 1 RB last year (one who happened to miss his senior year with an injury). It should also be noted that that 1 RB was only a 2-star. Now... I think that he is a 2-star in the way that Danny Dalton is a 2-star, but still. I'm not saying we need 2 RBs in the class, but we certainly need 1 good one. At the end of the day, so long as Dazoo is our coach, the RB position will be on of importance and should be addressed each recruiting year.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:43 am

With Wilson listed as a FB, I think they need one this class. 2 juniors, 2 sophomores, 1 frosh. That said, it is a position that you can get impact players right away.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NaturalLight on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:18 am

Looks like we've got a potential highly ranked dual threat QB from Jersey Crystal Balled to us...

http://247sports.com/Player/Anthony-Brown-76419
NaturalLight
Carney Hall

Postby ZBC2001 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:38 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Clicked the link to his twitter page

Doesn't seem like the type of kid your average BC kid is when every tweet is about how he's an Alabama top TE prospect.

Which is fine. There's more than one way to get to Wall St.

The SEC is where you go if you want to end up on Wall St. Just ask Mr. Beal.
ZBC2001
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:59 pm

Some recent offers out ...

Isaiah Pryor (c/o 2017, 6'2/191 4*) DB from Lawrenceville Ga. Offers from Clemson, FSU, UGA, tOSU, etc...
Jamyest Williams (c/o 2017, 5'9/180lb 4*) ATH from Lawrenceville Ga. Offers from UGA, Clemson, Auburn, etc..

- Kelvin Harmon (6'3/195lb) WR from Palmyra HS in Palmyra NJ. Offers from BC, Rutgers and Syracuse
- Gregory Ross (6'0/161lb) CB from Potomac HS in Maryland. Offers from BC, UMD, Iowa, UNC, VT, WVU, Wiscy
- Michael Dwumfour (6'3/265lb) DT from Depaul Catholic in NJ. Offers from BC and Wake. Believe he recently visited.
- Ben Skowronek (6'4/200lb) WR from Homestead HS in Fort Wayne, IN. Offers from BC, Iowa, Indiana, NCSU and Purdue
- Rashawn Battle (6'3/225lb) LB from Wallenpaupack HS in Hawley, PA. Offers from BC , Pitt, Rutgers and Cuse
- Chacho Ulloa (6'0/191lb) S from Centenial HS in Corona, CA. Offers from BC, ASU, Cal, Stan, OrSt, Utah, Vandy, Wazu
- JoeJay Smith (6'2/190lb) S from Bethlehem Catholic in PA. Offers from BC, NCSU and Wake
- Yeedee Thaenrat (5'10, 185lb) RB from Father Judge HS in Philly. Offers from BC and Rutgers
- Sean Foster ( 6'8/285lb) OT from Carmel Catholic in IL. Offers from BC, Iowa, Indiana, Minnesota and Purdue
- Michael Williams (6'2/280lb) DT from All Saints in Fort Worth, TX. Offers from BC, tOSU, OK, Texas, Stan, TCU
- Naseir Upshur (6'4/235lb) TE from Imhotep Charter in Philly. Offers from BC and basically everywhere
- Josh Jackson (6'2/195lb) QB from Saline HS in Saline MI (same HS as former BC decommit Joe Boisture). Offers from BC, WVU, Utah and Cuse
- Nathan Smith (6'7/264lb) OL from Murietta Mesa in Murietta, CA. Offers from BC, Oregon, Baylor, ND, KSU, Utah
- Austin Andrews (6'1/180lb) CB from De Sales in Columbus, OH. Offers from BC, Wisconsin, IU, Iowa, Mizzou
- Benny Walls (6'1, 205lb) CB from St. Joes Prep in Philly. Offers from BC, Rutgers and Temple
- Mackenzie Nworah (6'3/306lb) OL from Manvel HS in Manvel, TX. Offers from BC, Mizzou, Purdue, TexTech, UMD, ASU
- Jovan Swann (6'3/255lb) DT from Center Grove HS in Indiana. Offers from BC, Illinois, IU, Iowa, MSU, Northwestern
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:24 am

ZBC2001 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Clicked the link to his twitter page

Doesn't seem like the type of kid your average BC kid is when every tweet is about how he's an Alabama top TE prospect.

Which is fine. There's more than one way to get to Wall St.

The SEC is where you go if you want to end up on Wall St. Just ask Mr. Beal.

Kid is a jerkoff that is believing his own hype. If you are serious about business and want to play football you go to ND, UVA or BC.

BC's undergraduate business school is ranked in the top 5 in many reports:
http://www.bloomberg.com/bschools/rankings#5
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:31 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:We may not be taking a RB in this class, per the recruiting guy on TOS. I am fine with that.

I'm not. While we are stocked at the position, we only took 1 RB last year (one who happened to miss his senior year with an injury). It should also be noted that that 1 RB was only a 2-star. Now... I think that he is a 2-star in the way that Danny Dalton is a 2-star, but still. I'm not saying we need 2 RBs in the class, but we certainly need 1 good one. At the end of the day, so long as Dazoo is our coach, the RB position will be on of importance and should be addressed each recruiting year.

If there is no attrition (and there always is) and all of the Feb commits show up, we have 15 spots for this class. Ideally, I would use them thusly:
1 QB
1 WR
1 TE
2 OL
2 DE
2 DT
2 LB
3 DB
1 transfer DT (we will be very thin at the position in 2016).

The staff wants a 2nd TE and the guy on TOS reports that we want 2 WRs (not sure why).
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:46 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

If there is no attrition (and there always is) and all of the Feb commits show up, we have 15 spots for this class. Ideally, I would use them thusly:
1 QB
1 WR
1 TE
2 OL
2 DE
2 DT
2 LB
3 DB

The staff wants a 2nd TE and the guy on TOS reports that we want 2 WRs (not sure why).

Might need 2 WRs because the current crop is a big unknown
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:47 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

1 QB
1 WR
1 TE
2 OL
2 DE
2 DT
2 LB
3 DB

Might need 2 WRs because the current crop is a big unknown

Plus, if we're bringing in guys with actual speed, we can shift some to DB if we have a surplus.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:36 pm

The class will be about 20 kids strong. Pretending that it will be only 15 doesn't serve anyone's interest. If you have a chance to land a quality player... you land him. Worry about the numbers and positions when you have 17 kids. You don't worry about that (or close doors on positions like RB) when you have 3 or 4 verbals.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby QuailMan on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:He just received an offer from Rutgers today... only his second Big 5 offer. This coming weeks after claiming he had a Bama offer. Given the reflexive nature of recruiting, I have to assume that if the Bama offer was real, he would've been flooded with interest by now.

At this point, it's up to Daz to figure out what to do. The kid seems to be a talent and Daz's early recruits are usually his best each class. So, telling him to screw doesn't necessarily serve a purpose. That said, I would aggressively pursue a replacement. And, if one is ready to commit, pull the offer from Dalton.

His interest in Rutgers is telling. There is no decision process that should lead him to RU unless that is his only Big 5 offer. The program isn't in good shape, the academics suck, the campus is a trainwreck. RU is having trouble recruiting Jerz kids and they just lost Fridge (an important fact for a TE recruit).

Dalton and Morais are soft verbals at best. However, I'm more disappointed that Blackmon didn't firm things up this weekend. When we have verbals talking up other programs, it's bizarre to be turning away interest from a legit DB recruit who loves the program.

Venture over to the Alabama message board. The offer is real. Auburn is also getting involved, just not as publicly.

Blackmon is committed, there's a video on scout.com saying as much. Why Rivals or wherever else doesn't want to acknowledge it I have no clue

Do you have any updates on Blackmon?
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:45 pm

QuailMan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:He just received an offer from Rutgers today... only his second Big 5 offer. This coming weeks after claiming he had a Bama offer. Given the reflexive nature of recruiting, I have to assume that if the Bama offer was real, he would've been flooded with interest by now.

At this point, it's up to Daz to figure out what to do. The kid seems to be a talent and Daz's early recruits are usually his best each class. So, telling him to screw doesn't necessarily serve a purpose. That said, I would aggressively pursue a replacement. And, if one is ready to commit, pull the offer from Dalton.

His interest in Rutgers is telling. There is no decision process that should lead him to RU unless that is his only Big 5 offer. The program isn't in good shape, the academics suck, the campus is a trainwreck. RU is having trouble recruiting Jerz kids and they just lost Fridge (an important fact for a TE recruit).

Dalton and Morais are soft verbals at best. However, I'm more disappointed that Blackmon didn't firm things up this weekend. When we have verbals talking up other programs, it's bizarre to be turning away interest from a legit DB recruit who loves the program.

Venture over to the Alabama message board. The offer is real. Auburn is also getting involved, just not as publicly.

Blackmon is committed, there's a video on scout.com saying as much. Why Rivals or wherever else doesn't want to acknowledge it I have no clue

Do you have any updates on Blackmon?

That would depend on whether you think he is a Plan A, B or C recruit.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:The class will be about 20 kids strong. Pretending that it will be only 15 doesn't serve anyone's interest. If you have a chance to land a quality player... you land him. Worry about the numbers and positions when you have 17 kids. You don't worry about that (or close doors on positions like RB) when you have 3 or 4 verbals.

Who's pretending? Mr. Strawman?
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:41 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:The class will be about 20 kids strong. Pretending that it will be only 15 doesn't serve anyone's interest. If you have a chance to land a quality player... you land him. Worry about the numbers and positions when you have 17 kids. You don't worry about that (or close doors on positions like RB) when you have 3 or 4 verbals.

TOS. If it's actually the coaching staff... then they are going to wind up short on talent for this recruiting class.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:29 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

TOS. If it's actually the coaching staff... then they are going to wind up short on talent for this recruiting class.

fwiw - a poster said Daz (or an assistant) said at some event that this would be a smaller class. Theses are the guys with 5th year eligibility: Jackson, Cashman, Taylor, Wolford, Strizak, Moore, Joy. I guess Taylor is the only guarantee to be offered the 5th.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby fs33 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:48 am

Big week for Dalton. Decommits AND gets better at football. He's now a three star.
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:54 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

fwiw - a poster said Daz (or an assistant) said at some event that this would be a smaller class. Theses are the guys with 5th year eligibility: Jackson, Cashman, Taylor, Wolford, Strizak, Moore, Joy. I guess Taylor is the only guarantee to be offered the 5th.

Let's see exactly how many they ultimately had to give come February. I'm willing to bet anything that it is more than 15.
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium