2016 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2016 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:56 pm

Brown is the only guy in this class I would declare a bad loss.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:07 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Brown is the only guy in this class I would declare a bad loss.

Morias has Landry type ability
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Brown is the only guy in this class I would declare a bad loss.

If brown is enrolling early, and Wade smith Fadule all greater than Flutie, How long until he decides to line up at his dad's former position?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:35 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

If brown is enrolling early, and Wade smith Fadule all greater than Flutie, How long until he decides to line up at his dad's former position?

Hansen for the last time his dad is not Doug Flutue.

We already have enough slow white WRs so no.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:27 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Hansen for the last time his dad is not Doug Flutue.

We already have enough slow white WRs so no.

I never said Troy was the son of Doug. I think you have me confused with someone else.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:02 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Morias has Landry type ability

Agree. He is #2, White #3, Tucky #4.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:11 am

Softnosed is out at Syracuse.

Time to go-a-poachin'?
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:15 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Softnosed is out at Syracuse.

Time to go-a-poachin'?

Sadly, much like Rutgers, there isn't much recruited overlap this year. Outside of Moe Neal, I don't know that anyone committed to Cuse had a BC offer, even the OL from Lynnfield.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:15 pm

4-star DB and Rutgers commit Patrice Rene will likely be taking an official. Already visited Wisconsin and will visit UNC (and Rutgers) as well. We've poached a big commit each of the last two years, hopefully we can do so again.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:18 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:4-star DB and Rutgers commit Patrice Rene will likely be taking an official. Already visited Wisconsin and will visit UNC (and Rutgers) as well. We've poached a big commit each of the last two years, hopefully we can do so again.

I wonder how much this year has hurt our pitch. Seems like the little buzz we had developed is gone. Hopefully kids on D will want to play in our system.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:24 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:4-star DB and Rutgers commit Patrice Rene will likely be taking an official. Already visited Wisconsin and will visit UNC (and Rutgers) as well. We've poached a big commit each of the last two years, hopefully we can do so again.

I wonder how much this year has hurt our pitch. Seems like the little buzz we had developed is gone. Hopefully kids on D will want to play in our system.

I imagine the lure of playing for the number 1 defense in the nation must be appealing to some. The aggressive style of play must be real fun too. So, with success and style of play going for us, I would think that really has got to count for something.

Honestly though, I would worry more about recruits on the other side of the ball. We really need some more playmakers over there.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:05 pm

Rene would be a nice get. Probably the highest rated player in the secondary since ALJ ?

Kind of out of nowhere too (whereas Hilliman had BC in high regard early and the Allen thing was a result of NW's recruiting philosophy and Addazios relationship with New Caanan HS). He has a legit offer sheet and I was surprised when he picked Rutgers in the first place. He is also orig from Canada and BC has had some success recruiting guys from Canada, maybe location will play a role as I believe he is from Ottawa

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1615272-east-s-no-2-s-patrice-rene-enjoys-wisconsin

Over the weekend, Patrice Rene visited Wisconsin and enjoyed his time in Madison. Following the trip, he spoke with Scout.

“I really enjoyed myself,” Patrice Rene said. “I had a great time there, especially meeting the whole coaching staff and hearing what they had to say. I was very impressed with what I saw at Wisconsin over the weekend.

“I visited the campus and took a nice tour. Then we went to the game and after it was over, we hung out with the players and went to dinner. It was all a good time.”
On campus, he spent the most time with defensive backs coach Daronte Jones.

“Coach Jones said he loves what I’m all about and believes that I’ll fit right in their program and their schemes,” Rene said. “He also said they really need defensive backs and that I could play right away.”

He also had a chance to talk to coach Paul Chryst.

“I spoke with him one-on-one and he was very excited I was there and said that they would love for me to become a Badger and be a part of the coaching staff’s first recruiting class,” Rene said.

“He also said he that I’d be a great fit and addition to the team, and that he really thinks I could make an impact early for them.”

What’s next for Rene?

“I’m trying to set up his official visit to Rutgers for this weekend,” he said. “Then possibly Boston College on Dec. 4 and North Carolina also sometime in December. I want to make my final decision soon.”
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:06 pm

how is the defensive back for Wisco who I believe is from Everett and played as a true freshman doing?
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:16 pm

He started as a freshman and appears to have been beaten out this season.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Article below saying BC and Wake have reached out to Syracuse RB commit Moe Neal. Will be an early enrollee wherever he goes so this could happen quickly.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2015/11/moe_neal_syracuse_football_commit_running_back.html

"Neal Sr. said his son has already heard from WFU, BC and Georgia Southern since Shafer was fired. How Neal fits into a program's offensive scheme will be an important factor in his decisions moving forward."
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:53 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Article below saying BC and Wake have reached out to Syracuse RB commit Moe Neal. Will be an early enrollee wherever he goes so this could happen quickly.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2015/11/moe_neal_syracuse_football_commit_running_back.html

"Neal Sr. said his son has already heard from WFU, BC and Georgia Southern since Shafer was fired. How Neal fits into a program's offensive scheme will be an important factor in his decisions moving forward."

If you enjoy running the football you should come to BC. We may not score, but at last you'll get carries.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:30 am

I know it is hard to poach recruits when you suck, but other than Neal is there anyone from Cuse or Miami or any of the other open jobs that we are trying to flip?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:00 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I know it is hard to poach recruits when you suck, but other than Neal is there anyone from Cuse or Miami or any of the other open jobs that we are trying to flip?

I thought you would know. :bored
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:56 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I know it is hard to poach recruits when you suck, but other than Neal is there anyone from Cuse or Miami or any of the other open jobs that we are trying to flip?

according to ESPN, BC had offers on Shaquille Quarterman (4*; 6'1 240 LB from FL, a slew of other offers from legit programs) and Izon Pulley (3*; 6'4 250 DE from FL, only 3 other offers - Cincy, Iowa and Old Dominion)
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:59 am

25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:

according to ESPN, BC had offers on Shaquille Quarterman (4*; 6'1 240 LB from FL, a slew of other offers from legit programs) and Izon Pulley (3*; 6'4 250 DE from FL, only 3 other offers - Cincy, Iowa and Old Dominion)

Yes, more defensive players, I want to have the desert swarm defense. Come up with a catchy name, and win games 2-0.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:14 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

I don't actively follow the shirtless boys much or ask much about it. I usually only hear about recruiting when something goes wrong with a player or admissions. For example there is lots of chatter about Outlow and that might be why we are in the mix for more RBs.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:14 pm

25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:

Josh Uche is another former Miami commit (just recently decommited) that has a BC offer and was rumored to be setting up a visit (many say Florida leads now however).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:26 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

I don't actively follow the shirtless boys much or ask much about it. I usually only hear about recruiting when something goes wrong with a player or admissions. For example there is lots of chatter about Outlow and that might be why we are in the mix for more RBs.

Losing Outlow would be unfortunate but not the end of the world. Its too bad they couldn't convert him into a Dudeck type role since Outlow can actually catch and has speed, but cant blame him for leaving if it comes to that (with Hilliman jumping on board late in his class and Outlows own health issues he hasnt shown a ton anyway outside of a few games)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:31 pm

eh we saw how quickly a position of depth could turn, especially that position

for 2016
hilliman (SO): broken foot
willis (SR): separated shoulder
rouse (SR): multiple concussions
outlow (JR): ??
gowins (SO): fumbilitis
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:06 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:eh we saw how quickly a position of depth could turn, especially that position

for 2016

I hope Hilliman can get a medical redshirt
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:02 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:eh we saw how quickly a position of depth could turn, especially that position

for 2016

I hope Hilliman can get a medical redshirt

Both Wade and Hilliman technically qualify. Is this the situation where paperwork needs to be filed now but we wouldn't find out for sure until right before their presumed 5th hear? I don't know exactly what the paperwork situation is, but I know there's paperwork involved. Spaz taught is that much with the Momah situation...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:29 am

What is the deal with Outlow this year??? One of the biggest disappointments in a year full of them is him not stepping up when Hilliman went down. I think he's been hurt some games. But, there are plenty of games he's been in where he's only gotten a carry or two.

Btw... walrus... how does Willis qualify? He's not healthy, but has still played in a bunch of games (just very limited in the number of carries).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:39 am

Outlow still comfortably has the best YPC of our backs. We just choose to underutilize him in the run and pass game as well. I think recently he's been banged up though.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:23 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:What is the deal with Outlow this year??? One of the biggest disappointments in a year full of them is him not stepping up when Hilliman went down. I think he's been hurt some games. But, there are plenty of games he's been in where he's only gotten a carry or two.

Btw... walrus... how does Willis qualify? He's not healthy, but has still played in a bunch of games (just very limited in the number of carries).

Lingering concussion issues among other things. It's too bad he wasn't healthy
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:07 pm

Sent out an offer today to Damon Hayes a 6'1 CB from MD that decommitted from Rutgers today.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium