2016 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2016 Recruiting Thread

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:23 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:my thoughts on flutie have been made pretty clear but 100% no snark, what exactly is his 'skill set'

I think he sees the field pretty well, can move in the pocket, run a little, he doesn't make terrible decisions. I'd like to see what he could do with a real offensive line and another year in the program.

All of that is great if you can throw.

I don't think he is a bad athlete, he's just not a good enough thrower or runner or combo to be a satisfactory QB at this level. I think he is a slot receiver. Has to be better than Dudeck.

You're setting a high standard....

Do people say he should play the slot because he's short and white? That has to be it because he's neither fast nor shifty. As mentioned Bordner would smoke him in a 40 yard dash

I don't know where you are getting your information.

Bordner ran an average of 4.86 at what looks like the combine with a high of 4.97. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/ds ... &genpos=TE

It looks like Flutie runs a 4.57, but I do not know where hudl came up with this. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/202686/troy-flutie
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby Bunratty on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:24 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
25GeraldRd {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:my thoughts on flutie have been made pretty clear but 100% no snark, what exactly is his 'skill set'

I think he sees the field pretty well, can move in the pocket, run a little, he doesn't make terrible decisions. I'd like to see what he could do with a real offensive line and another year in the program.

All of that is great if you can throw.

I don't think he is a bad athlete, he's just not a good enough thrower or runner or combo to be a satisfactory QB at this level. I think he is a slot receiver. Has to be better than Dudeck.

i continue to be miffed by this "flutie as a WR" idea. flutie moves slightly better than average for a QB. i think he'd be the slowest WR in the ACC. Bordner was faster than him and was 6'4 230 so he could actually block some of these DBs, Flutie is listed at 6' and 180 - a guy that size needs to be shifty and quick and flutie is neither of those.

Flutie is what he is - a backup QB. that's fine, there's value in having a backup QB who can come in and do certain things. maybe as a 5th year senior he'd evolve into a decent enough starter by being able to do a bunch of things. but i don't understand the idea that he needs to be moved to the WR corps or even more hilarious, the secondary! who has he run away from? what defenders has he evaded with his speed?

the bigger problem is we probably don't have a starter. not sure what Smith is at this point, but if they aren't going to let him do some of the designed runs that Murphy used to do, his effectiveness is going to be pretty limited.

I was complaining in the Clemson game about no designed runs. I then realized Smith at 180 lbs will get hurt if he runs 20 times a game and then it's Duck Chuck time. This staff really screwed up moving Robinson to WR I can't imagine having been on campus since the winter he wouldn't be in there.

Robinson could only complete 48% of his passes in high school (wildly inaccurate by today's standards). By comparison, Smith (who can't pass) and Duck Chuck were both around 65%.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:35 pm

Smith will be fine in the passing game as he gets more experience and the actual offensive linemen on the roster get bigger and better. He throws better than Duck Dynasty
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:06 pm

This Chris Clark kid is just laughable at this point. Needs a firm punching in the weiner.

http://www.scout.com/college/syracuse/story/1602071-syracuse-clark-part-ways
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:55 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:This Chris Clark kid is just laughable at this point. Needs a firm punching in the weiner.

http://www.scout.com/college/syracuse/story/1602071-syracuse-clark-part-ways

Clark has been a clown for his entire "recruiting process", but the Syracuse thing was a result of the staff not accepting him (for whatever reason), not him once again decommitting
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:04 pm

Fun Chris Clark facts...
1. He's from Ridgewood, NJ
2. He spent his freshman year at Bosco
3. His favorite team growing up was BC
4. His Dad is a BC alum
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:18 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Fun Chris Clark facts...
1. He's from Ridgewood, NJ
2. He spent his freshman year at Bosco
3. His favorite team growing up was BC
4. His Dad is a BC alum

I thought when BC originally offered him I read something about a parent being an alum.

I think he started at Bergen, then did sophomore year at Bosco (then Avon, committed to UNC, Michigan, UCLA and Syracuse).

Chances are he ends up in the ACC with Pitt, NCSU and UVA all being in consideration (along with UMD).

I hate to say it, even with the way he botched his recruitment, I wouldn't be upset if BC made a pitch to him. Idk how his scholarship would count (obv 2016 is tight on scholarships) but since he has to sit a year for transferring could he count to 2017 ?? My cousin played against him during his last 2 prep years and said he was unguardable at TE and was also a very above average DE.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:11 pm

Scout saying that KJ Gray visited Rutgers for tOSU game last week. The Rutgers Scout site goes as far to call him a "soft commit" to BC. Despite KJ saying hes 100% and his visit was just to see the game with a teammate, something to possibly keep an eye on.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:34 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Scout saying that KJ Gray visited Rutgers for tOSU game last week. The Rutgers Scout site goes as far to call him a "soft commit" to BC. Despite KJ saying hes 100% and his visit was just to see the game with a teammate, something to possibly keep an eye on.

Isn't RU the program that claimed that they didn't pursue Gray all that hard as they had little room and had much more important national targets.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Scout saying that KJ Gray visited Rutgers for tOSU game last week. The Rutgers Scout site goes as far to call him a "soft commit" to BC. Despite KJ saying hes 100% and his visit was just to see the game with a teammate, something to possibly keep an eye on.

Isn't RU the program that claimed that they didn't pursue Gray all that hard as they had little room and had much more important national targets.

One in the same. I believe it was actually that they had higher rated WRs committed (conveniently dismissing the fact that Gray is ranked higher by every service than all of their commits).

I personally think he's safe in large part due to the SPP connection. In the end, Rutgers trying to flip Gray will be the least of their concerns when Flood is canned and they're scrambling to keep their class together.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:56 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

One in the same. I believe it was actually that they had higher rated WRs committed (conveniently dismissing the fact that Gray is ranked higher by every service than all of their commits).

I personally think he's safe in large part due to the SPP connection. In the end, Rutgers trying to flip Gray will be the least of their concerns when Flood is canned and they're scrambling to keep their class together.

If you are KJ and can go to Dublin with BC next year and SPP will be there too, that has to be awesome.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Ole Miss extended offers to 2 NJ/BC offers recently, yesterday to Donald Stewart (WR from Paramus Catholic) and today to Myles Hartsfield (DB/ATH from East Coast Prep in MA. but originally from NJ; one time PSU commit from last year who had scholarship pulled).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:18 pm

247 reporting that Josh Uche has decommitted from Miami. BC offered Uche in late September. He is a 6'2/212lb DE from Miami, FL and claims offers from Miami, Alabama, Florida, UNC, Syracuse and Minnesota. 247 says Florida is the team to beat

Normally I would think nothing of this, but his name has been brought in re: to BC up quite a few times via the recruiting services, so something to keep an eye on as a good potential finishing piece to the class.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Bunratty on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Rumor on EA that Shane Leonard is about to de-commit and may be joining teammate Danny Dalton at PSU.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:42 pm

Never heard of shane leonard who the fuck is that?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Never heard of shane leonard who the fuck is that?

A lineman from Massachusetts who committed to BC in August.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:30 pm

One of our 3, two star OL with FCS offers. Walk on at PSU?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Bunratty on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:55 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:One of our 3, two star OL with FCS offers. Walk on at PSU?

Schollie at PSU. Here is the pertinent text from TOS:

"Hearing that Shane Leonhard is being wooed big time by Penn State. My brother was officiating Leonhard's teams playoff game last night and heard from another one of the officials that it was his understanding that Shane was thinking of de-committing from BC, ala teammate Danny Dalton (PSU commit). My brother, who has been officiating for years, feels that Leonhard is the most dominant lineman he's seen over the last 10 years."
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:09 am

How can every FBS program not offer this kid if he is actually this good? PSU has all 4 star recruits and plenty of OL in their 2016 class. They are loaded with top level talent at every position.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:55 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:How can every FBS program not offer this kid if he is actually this good? PSU has all 4 star recruits and plenty of OL in their 2016 class. They are loaded with top level talent at every position.

Quite honestly, Daz should get used to this. Mass HS football players have a very long history of screwing over BC whenever another offer presents itself. I think Dazoo tried to play nice the first few years locally and offer anyone close to FCS level. He should now realize that Masshole kids are as coddled as you would imagine the offspring of folks who sent Lizzy Warren to DC would be.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:58 am

I completely blanked on that name, had no idea who he was.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bc41irish39 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:06 am

I saw a Penn State rep at the Marshfield/Needham game, but assumed he was there to see Dalton. Marshfield crushed Needham. Obviously Leonard is a very good high school lineman. He is decent, but not great size.

Besides Dalton and Leonard, Marshfield has at least two other players worthy of a look: #54 Freddie Allan and #13 Jack Masterson.

Not often you see a Massachusetts D2 team with this kind of talent.
bc41irish39
n00b

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:09 pm

If Leonard jumps ship to PSU he will probably never see the field until his senior year given the talent PSU has brought in.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby StratEagle on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:14 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:How can every FBS program not offer this kid if he is actually this good? PSU has all 4 star recruits and plenty of OL in their 2016 class. They are loaded with top level talent at every position.

Quite honestly, Daz should get used to this. Mass HS football players have a very long history of screwing over BC whenever another offer presents itself. I think Dazoo tried to play nice the first few years locally and offer anyone close to FCS level. He should now realize that Masshole kids are as coddled as you would imagine the offspring of folks who sent Lizzy Warren to DC would be.

Didn't we recently have this argument where you were completely on the other side?
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:33 am

Michael Alves (CA OL w/ BC in final 5) committed to UCLA.

Looks like there is video on rivals saying Bryce Morais will visit Ole Miss and possibly some other schools.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:32 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Michael Alves (CA OL w/ BC in final 5) committed to UCLA.

Looks like there is video on rivals saying Bryce Morais will visit Ole Miss and possibly some other schools.

Few more notes for 2016 :

- Looks like BC will get visit from Myles Hartsfield next month ( also plans to visit Ole Miss). Hartsfield is currently at East Coast Prep in MA and was a one time PSU commit before having his scholarship pulled because of an incident at his HS in NJ. Believe he would come in as a DB.

- An analyst on 247 made a prediction for Lucas Niang to BC. Not sure if he has other info, but reports have come out that his final 5/6 do not include BC. When he announced his final 5, some brought up that he could have had academic issues, although Stanford has begun to show interest in him as of late so maybe the academic angle is incorrect.

- BC extended an offer to Arkeem Byrd, a 6'1/190lb RB from Jenkins HS in Savannah, GA. Currently has offers from Minnesota, Colorado State, Kansas, Marshall and a few others. Was recently named Georgia 1-AAA offensive player of the year. Looks like BC is going to make a late push for a RB in this class.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:23 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Yes, I'm particularly worried about losing an undersized lineman, who has offers from Bryant, Central Connecticut and Sacred Heart.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:01 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Depends on whether you are talking about QB or WR. Kid never should have been put under center, he's a WR. I never had any problem with his recruitment at that position, and as I have reiterated on a number of occasions, think he could probably help us there now. He's just not remotely close to being a QB. And my vitriol is not for the kid, but the idiots that put him in a position to fail miserably, which he did.

And I did none of the things in your second paragraph. The on field results pretty much speak for themselves.

You're basically Al Sharpton, RKTBRKR and Joseph Goebbels rolled into one person.

I represent that!

Flutie will be #1 on depth chart for kick holder next year. 4.5 forty, gimmeabreak

miscasting him as a starting QB probably only cost one game and there's no real diff between 3-9 and 4-8, can't lay too much on him

just don't expect miracles at QB or OL next year, all the returning QBs will be lame or shellshocked

BC football has become painful to watch again, alternate with Weak Forest on the ACC whipping post
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:37 pm

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Depends on whether you are talking about QB or WR. Kid never should have been put under center, he's a WR. I never had any problem with his recruitment at that position, and as I have reiterated on a number of occasions, think he could probably help us there now. He's just not remotely close to being a QB. And my vitriol is not for the kid, but the idiots that put him in a position to fail miserably, which he did.

And I did none of the things in your second paragraph. The on field results pretty much speak for themselves.

You're basically Al Sharpton, RKTBRKR and Joseph Goebbels rolled into one person.

I represent that!

Flutie will be #1 on depth chart for kick holder next year. 4.5 forty, gimmeabreak

miscasting him as a starting QB probably only cost one game and there's no real diff between 3-9 and 4-8, can't lay too much on him

just don't expect miracles at QB or OL next year, all the returning QBs will be lame or shellshocked

BC football has become painful to watch again, alternate with Weak Forest on the ACC whipping post

It's on Daz ultimately but that Flutie nonesense cost us 2 games.

I think I can beat him In a foot race which means he doesn't run anywhere near a 4.5. That or he's "deceptively fast".

*Sending out the bat call*
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:39 pm

On a serious note, losing Morias would be a disaster. There are already way too many fliers and dart throws in this class, he's one of the actual high end players Daz was able to land.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium