Maine week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Maine week

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:27 am

L35guy {l Wrote}:1. Where is Cam Seward?

This is a surprise. The way Daz does his depth chart with so many guys on there, including 12 starters on O, there are very few non FRs not on the depth chart. Other than RSFRs and FRs, Cottrell is the only one that is not injured and not on the depth chart (well Burke too but he was a walkon). Have to assume Seward will at least be on the kickoff team.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:33 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:There's a puff piece in the MDW implying that Daz is less than thrilled with Darius Wade. Take it for what it's worth.

Interesting read, although I still expect Wade to start the Maine & Howard games no matter what is written in the papers. Maybe Wade is on a shorter leash than we assumed he was going to be. I don't have a problem with that.

Link to article
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:42 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:There's a puff piece in the MDW implying that Daz is less than thrilled with Darius Wade. Take it for what it's worth.

Interesting read, although I still expect Wade to start the Maine & Howard games no matter what is written in the papers. Maybe Wade is on a shorter leash than we assumed he was going to be. I don't have a problem with that.

Link to article

As Wednesday morning's practice wound down and Boston College’s first-team offense went off to a back field to run plays against the second-team defense, starting quarterback Darius Wade was an observer. Instead, just three days before the Eagles open the season, Troy Flutie — the former Natick standout who rewrote the Massachusetts state record book — took the majority of the snaps.

DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:56 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:As Wednesday morning's practice wound down and Boston College’s first-team offense went off to a back field to run plays against the second-team defense, starting quarterback Darius Wade was an observer. Instead, just three days before the Eagles open the season, Troy Flutie — the former Natick standout who rewrote the Massachusetts state record book — took the majority of the snaps.

i have to be honest that i hope it happens just to get to experience teddy's response. i'm sure there are some backpedal options built into his previous declarations that "flutie will never put his hands between the center's ass cheeks as long as wade is healthy" and i'm excited about the possibility that we can see them this early in the season.

my guesses are:

(1) it was a garbage team so those snaps were meaningless
(B) it was garbage time so those snaps were meaningless (i think he did outwardly caveat this in one of his iron lock declarations)
(iii) tedwarita took a break from wedding planning to log onto my account and declare that troy flutie would never play quarterback. i've always known it was a possibility but for some reason she doesn't think so and used my screen name to post her feelings. signed OTB (original teddy ballgame for the uninformed fucking nerds)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:09 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:signed OTB (original teddy ballgame for the uninformed fucking nerds)

lying hansen {l Wrote}:I already knew what OTB stands for.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:12 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:signed OTB (original teddy ballgame for the uninformed fucking nerds)

lying hansen {l Wrote}:I don't know what OTB stands for because I never read anything at the old Eagle Insider website. What does that stem from?

fixed. you were so close but i think switching it around backwards is more in line with hansen's lies about "slithering house" and all his other lies. lying hansen
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Happy to help.

Do you think Flutie gets initial run at QB?

I expect him to be at WR by the time they break camp. That was my original point about "lip service". If he stays a year at QB, he's redshirting.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:There's about a 1 percent chance Braxton ever makes it to BC. I'd say 50/50 that Flutie gets meaningful snap at BC.

I'd say it's 100% that Flutie plays meaningful snaps at slot receiver.

JConman {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
I take it you believe Flutie is not an option at qb?

This shit is still funny.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I don't doubt that they gave Flutie a legit shot at QB given the lack of depth at the position. I just don't think, if he is as good an athlete as advertised, he will stay there. I also think it will take something strange or serious injury to supplant Wade, so his playing time at QB for the next 3 years is severely impeded.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
He won't move until the depth issues resolve themselves. They'd only have three QBs on campus if he moved now, and one has been practicing for a few days. But no, he's not getting a shot to play unless Wade goes down - he got 0 first team snaps.

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
I don't think he will ever see the field as a QB, especially not now after seeing the last two classes (current frosh and next year's frosh, assuming Brown sticks). I do think he can be a productive player when he moves to WR.

by the way, i'm with teddy on all this and still don't think flutie gets any run at qb. i see this as another one of sgt. slaughter's transparent attempts to motivate the starter with some fake threat of being replaced. flutie's eating wings from stuart friday night while wade's eating from the training table
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:23 am

Two words: TARGET AUDIENCE.

It's not called the "Metro East" or "Urban Boston". It might as well be "Natick Times". All indications from real newspapers are that Flutie isn't even #2
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:24 am

you should have called it "natick (home of doug flutie) times" for an even greater effect
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:25 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

lying hansen {l Wrote}:I don't know what OTB stands for because I never read anything at the old Eagle Insider website. What does that stem from?

fixed. you were so close but i think switching it around backwards is more in line with hansen's lies about "slithering house" and all his other lies. lying hansen

lying hansen {l Wrote}:I don't know what the RamRod is because I was too busy with track team practice to go bar hopping when I was at BC. Is it one of those weird BU bars?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:26 am

I'm pretty sure Darren wrote that article. What a ridiculous conclusion.

“(Wade) has taken all the ‘one’ snaps throughout camp, and we felt the last couple of days that we wanted to get those other guys a chance to take some real snaps with the first unit in preparation,” Addazio said after Wednesday’s practice. “We felt that was the best way to go about this. We’ll get Darius going again tomorrow, but we felt we needed to get some competitive first-team snaps with the young guys.

“Troy has done some of it, but Jeff has done none of it.”

“Our starter is Darius Wade,” Addazio said on a conference call on Wednesday no more than 15 minutes after he left the practice field. “There's no mystery there.”
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:27 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Two words: TARGET AUDIENCE.

It's not called the "Metro East" or "Urban Boston". It might as well be "Natick Times". All indications from real newspapers are that Flutie isn't even #2

granted, define 'real newspapers'
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:29 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Two words: TARGET AUDIENCE.

granted, define 'real newspapers'

The ones that quoted Addazio saying "there's no mystery" that Wade is the QB, and then concluded that there's no mystery, rather than grabbing Velma and Scoobie and jumping in the mystery machine to determine a day of reps for the guy getting beat out for clipboard duty by a true freshman means Addazio is not happy with Wade.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:36 am

Conspiracy theory:

Addazzio knowingly put up the "Flutie signal" to get the boners up and checkbooks out of the whalepants alums so we can build Eaglekeeper's new stadium.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:37 am

in fairness, it wasn't a "day of reps" but rather a post practice set of reps that took place off the traditional field and out in the "back fields/abandoned amusement park"

does anyone know if the troy flutie fathead is available yet? i'd like to get the full 4 years use out of it. kthxbye
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby bcfanbetweenthhedges on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:54 am

If there isn't much separation between QBs
What would be the marketing advantages of starting Flutie?
bcfanbetweenthhedges
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:58 am

bcfanbetweenthhedges {l Wrote}:If there isn't much separation between QBs

if you go to some of the older fanbases, they believe that flutie is a better "fit" for boston college and therefore shows a better "face" for the university.

i, for one, think these claims of a fit requirement are overstated but i have as little to back up my argument as the fitinatti do
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:14 am

bcfanbetweenthhedges {l Wrote}:If there isn't much separation between QBs

that would be the most effort BC has put into football marketing in a while
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:08 pm

Those of you unable to make it to Alumni Saturday will have the pleasure of listening to Eamon McAnaney (ND '91) and Rocky Boiman (ND '02) on the ESPN3 broadcast. Have fun with that.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:13 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Those of you unable to make it to Alumni Saturday will have the pleasure of listening to Eamon McAnaney (ND '91) and Rocky Boiman (ND '02) on the ESPN3 broadcast. Have fun with that.

do they have tickets to shea field?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:30 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Those of you unable to make it to Alumni Saturday will have the pleasure of listening to Eamon McAnaney (ND '91) and Rocky Boiman (ND '02) on the ESPN3 broadcast. Have fun with that.

Not needed. As evidenced by ND's last trip to The Heights in 2012, ND fans have limitless access to Shea Field.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Not needed. As evidenced by ND's last trip to The Heights in 2012, ND fans have limitless access to Shea Field.

not true... the millennial nd fans only have partially limitless access.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:43 pm

not true... the millennial nd fans only have partially limitless access.

that's because they were part of slithering house... or something.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:49 pm

Wade is the starter....but it seems pretty clear that if he makes one too many mistakes, I.e. doesn't "control the game", Addazio is more than ready to pull him. And under the circumstances, where you got three guys with no meaningful real game experience, that's exactly the way it should be. I hope all three guys get some meaningful time for the next two weeks.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:33 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:Wade is the starter....but it seems pretty clear that if he makes one too many mistakes, I.e. doesn't "control the game", Addazio is more than ready to pull him. And under the circumstances, where you got three guys with no meaningful real game experience, that's exactly the way it should be. I hope all three guys get some meaningful time for the next two weeks.

That does not seem remotely "clear."
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:58 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:Wade is the starter....but it seems pretty clear that if he makes one too many mistakes, I.e. doesn't "control the game", Addazio is more than ready to pull him. And under the circumstances, where you got three guys with no meaningful real game experience, that's exactly the way it should be. I hope all three guys get some meaningful time for the next two weeks.

That does not seem remotely "clear."

It's called damning with faint praise.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium