2017 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Recruiting Thread

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:57 pm

Is there any reason to care about signing day? Who are the boys with the fluidest hips?

Does funny stuff still happen in recruiting? Past recruiting stories I found entertaining include:

- Pie Charts
- Cushing/Gwaltney/Perilloux
- The Willie Williams diaries
- Bradley Beal's Wall St. career
- Good news from Houston
- Ladyboy Polo Hat
- St. Gregorio's candy van and rape-copter
- The guy who whored his niece out to some Rutgres recruit. Please somebody tell me that they still have that photo.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:14 pm

what the fuck did I do to get included in that comment. And seriously, why does it show no comments when I click on the comments button?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:21 am

Does anyone remember when Onyx blackman was funny? I do. That was a long time ago.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:10 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:what the fuck did I do to get included in that comment.

Apparently homohump and swallow cum.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:12 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Is there any reason to care about signing day? Who are the boys with the fluidest hips?

Does funny stuff still happen in recruiting? Past recruiting stories I found entertaining include:

- Pie Charts
- Good news from Houston
- Ladyboy Polo Hat
- The guy who whored his niece out to some Rutgres recruit. Please somebody tell me that they still have that photo.

All great times on the board. I'm sure this stuff still happens but we don't know about it as BC has largely given up following the whole recruiting game (mainly because we are the worst Power 5 school at doing it).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:22 am

This seems to be the least interest by this board in National assigning Day for as long as I can remember.
Here's a list of people who have signed.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:44 am

hansen {l Wrote}:This seems to be the least interest by this board in National assigning Day for as long as I can remember.

Just waiting on McDuffie and the CA kids.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:46 am

hansen {l Wrote}:This seems to be the least interest by this board in National assigning Day for as long as I can remember.

When there is no superstar others are trying to poach, it becomes mundane.

BC has no clue about the apathy towards the program.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:55 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Just waiting on McDuffie and the CA kids.

mcduffie in, just waiting on california
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:58 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:Is there any reason to care about signing day? Who are the boys with the fluidest hips?

- Pie Charts
- Good news from Houston
- Ladyboy Polo Hat

All great times on the board. I'm sure this stuff still happens but we don't know about it as BC has largely given up following the whole recruiting game (mainly because we are the worst Power 5 school at doing it).

But that can't be HJS, after all, EagleInAtlanta told me that Addazio is so much better at recruiting than :toby ever was. Atlanta corrected me and NONE OF YOU corrected him. So obviously, you all have to agree with him. The talent on this team is so much better than it was 10, 15, even 20 years ago. So obviously, BC can't be the worst Power 5 school in recruiting....
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:20 am

Does this mean that DrHoneySucks was wrong about about the flipping of a Wolverine OL? Shocked that an EA insider was wrong.

Speaking of Michigan...
They are the latest Top 10 program to suddenly leave the base on which it has achieved its Top 10 status, and come into New England and hit it hard. Part of me gets it as it is low-hanging fruit with no dominant New England program... meaning any National Program can easily poach the area's top talent. But, I can't recall a single time that it has worked out well for the program. As I've said many, many times... New England high schools do not play competitive football. The Bigs are programs who recruit their talent... not develop them. The resulting pairing of untested NE players and an up-or-out program historically has proven problematic (for the Big, for the kid and for the NE wannabe program who would have been able to use the kid).

This year's Michigan team, which finished in the Top 5, had eaxactly 1 player on its roster from New England. Senior back-up DT... Maurice Hurst from Xaverian. This year's recruiting class alone has four (Tarik Black, Ben Mason, Kwity Paye, Andrew Stueber) and was almost 6 with Dillon and Sebastian. Bottom line is that 4 years from now, my bet is that Michigan will not be a top 10 team.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:26 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:But that can't be HJS, after all, EagleInAtlanta told me that Addazio is so much better at recruiting than :toby ever was. Atlanta corrected me and NONE OF YOU corrected him. So obviously, you all have to agree with him. The talent on this team is so much better than it was 10, 15, even 20 years ago. So obviously, BC can't be the worst Power 5 school in recruiting....

You can go eff yourself with the Toastmasters Trophy you missed out on last night. I never supported the Daz hire... ever.

Until he gave up the last 2 seasons, Toby was a good recruiter and an overly conservative coach who was terrible at knowing his own personnel. Once Toby stopped recruiting, his value to BC was gutted. My opinion of Daz is that he is decent at identifying talent... I think he is a decent recruiter... I think he is terrible at formulating a recruiting strategy (targets too few, drops attempts at top talent in favor of the easy commit, closes down the class too soon). None of this should surprise as Daz also happens to be horrific at game-day strategy... isn't smart... and gets overwhelmed at the slightest bit of excitement.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:30 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

- Pie Charts
- Good news from Houston
- Ladyboy Polo Hat

But that can't be HJS, after all, EagleInAtlanta told me that Addazio is so much better at recruiting than :toby ever was. Atlanta corrected me and NONE OF YOU corrected him. So obviously, you all have to agree with him. The talent on this team is so much better than it was 10, 15, even 20 years ago. So obviously, BC can't be the worst Power 5 school in recruiting....

The talent is as good as it was under the daywalking ginger. There's definitely more team speed on both sides of the ball. The marine sniper did a better job at QB, and developed linemen better, which is all the difference on the offensive side of the ball. That's been Addazio's failing - the line has been a disappointment and he hasn't developed a single QB in 4 years - one mediocre holdover, two 5th year transfers and a year with no QB.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:34 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Part of me gets it as it is low-hanging fruit with no dominant New England program... meaning any National Program can easily poach the area's top talent. But, I can't recall a single time that it has worked out well for the program. As I've said many, many times... New England high schools do not play competitive football. The Bigs are programs who recruit their talent... not develop them.

The season to play football in New England is too short. They only play it from mid-August (double sessions) to the week after Thanksgiving. Here in Arizona, you can play football all year. True, the high school kids don't play football in the spring time (not inter-scholastically) but there are club and town leagues for the kids all year long. I see 10 year olds running around with pads on and doing wind sprints in February and March. That is just never going to happen in Massachusetts. And the high school players, they have strict weight training programs in the off season while they are better conditioning their bodies, their coaches lean on them all spring and summer. Other than telling the better football players to go run track, play baseball, go wrestle, go play hockey, or play hoops, I never got the impression that coaches and schools in Massachusetts were that strict about conditioning in the offseason. It was always just do another sport, have that coach stay on top of you, and we'll see you in August.

Little kids and teen agers who want to play football is just very different in places like Texas, Florida, Georgia, Southern California, Louisiana, Alabama, and Arizona. Its all year. There are resources and volunteers available to make you the best you can be. It just doesn't stop unless you want it to stop.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:47 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

- Pie Charts
- Good news from Houston
- Ladyboy Polo Hat

The talent is as good as it was under the daywalking ginger. There's definitely more team speed on both sides of the ball. The marine sniper did a better job at QB, and developed linemen better, which is all the difference on the offensive side of the ball. That's been Addazio's failing - the line has been a disappointment and he hasn't developed a single QB in 4 years - one mediocre holdover, two 5th year transfers and a year with no QB.

No QB I'll give you, but the 2014 BC team had the best "drive/run blocking" offensive line I have ever seen at Boston College. Perhaps not any one of them (on the 2014 line) were as individually as good as Chris Snee, Trueblood, Pete Kendall, Damien Woody, or a certain lineman from Foxboro High School who completely dominated me at football camp all summer long (someone who I was stuck going head-to-head against all week because I was the top nose tackle at camp) who later went to play for the Denver Broncos, but the whole of that 2014 line was far-far greater than the sum of its parts. They were properly developed Teddy. They executed their downfield blocks for a band of true frosh tailbacks, perfectly. Unfortunately for Addazio, he didn't recruit any of them, which is my point. I don't think Addazio can recruit.... anyone at any position.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

- Pie Charts
- Good news from Houston
- Ladyboy Polo Hat

No QB I'll give you, but the 2014 BC team had the best "drive/run blocking" offensive line I have ever seen at Boston College. Perhaps not any one of them (on the 2014 line) were as individually as good as Chris Snee, Trueblood, Pete Kendall, Damien Woody, or a certain lineman from Foxboro High School who completely dominated me at football camp all summer long (someone who I was stuck going head-to-head against all week because I was the top nose tackle at camp) who later went to play for the Denver Broncos, but the whole of that line was far greater than the sum of its parts. They were properly developed Teddy. Unfortunately for Addazio, he didn't recruit any of them, which is my point. I don't think Addazio can recruit.... anyone at any position.

I said line and QB were Addazio's failings so I will ignore everything but the last sentence, the rest argues with me by agreeing, which must be a Toastmasters thing.

I don't agree with the last sentence. TOB and Addazio are both decent recruiters and both had a good eye for the overlooked talent. TOB or more appropriately, his staff, were better at developing linemen (thus far) and landing QBs. Had Addazio developed a line and a QB over the last four years, his teams would not have been so poor to mediocre. Shit, they only won 3 games with the best defense in the country. Someone recruited that defense - only a few like Simmons and Daniels were holdovers from Spaz.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:00 am

Okay Teddy, I hope you are right.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:02 am

i know we want to hate everything daz does but those videos he's tweeting out are pretty funny
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:03 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:But that can't be HJS, after all, EagleInAtlanta told me that Addazio is so much better at recruiting than :toby ever was. Atlanta corrected me and NONE OF YOU corrected him. So obviously, you all have to agree with him. The talent on this team is so much better than it was 10, 15, even 20 years ago. So obviously, BC can't be the worst Power 5 school in recruiting....

You can go eff yourself with the Toastmasters Trophy you missed out on last night. I never supported the Daz hire... ever.

Until he gave up the last 2 seasons, Toby was a good recruiter and an overly conservative coach who was terrible at knowing his own personnel. Once Toby stopped recruiting, his value to BC was gutted. My opinion of Daz is that he is decent at identifying talent... I think he is a decent recruiter... I think he is terrible at formulating a recruiting strategy (targets too few, drops attempts at top talent in favor of the easy commit, closes down the class too soon). None of this should surprise as Daz also happens to be horrific at game-day strategy... isn't smart... and gets overwhelmed at the slightest bit of excitement.

I know you didn't support Addazio HJS. I just haven't seen this incredible upgrade in talent that EagleInAtlanta was boasting. I'm just not impressed. And I don't think you are either.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:04 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i know we want to hate everything daz does but those videos he's tweeting out are pretty funny

I have a list of bitches with Addazio, but selling BC and (QB notwithstanding) recruiting are way down on this list. Coaching guys to block, managing the clock, and using plays in the throw game are much higher up the chain.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:05 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:New offer out today to Brandon Brown, a RB/WR/ATH from Canada Prep Academy/Buffalo,NY who is currently a CMU commit.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6354422/5721d5f10c5e681224af45c4

Signed with CMU.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:06 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

I know you didn't support Addazio HJS. I just haven't seen this incredible upgrade in talent that EagleInAtlanta was boasting. I'm just not impressed. And I don't think you are either.

There's a difference between not seeing an uptick and the hyperbole you were spouting in between you regaling us with stories of getting run over by Foxboro's finest.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:15 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

There's a difference between not seeing an uptick and the hyperbole you were spouting in between you regaling us with stories of getting run over by Foxboro's finest.

Teddy I would rather watch the Kardashian girls skinny dipping in Costa Rica than watch BC get completely manhandled by Clemson, Louisville, & Florida State, year after year, simply because the players Dazoo recruited have no business being on the field against them. No, I don't see the slightest uptick. I wish you were right, I do, but I don't see it. Nothing I have seen over the 4 years he's been here gives me hope that Addazio has the first clue on how to recruit players for a Power-5 team. You are way too smart a person to believe there is an uptick in talent, you gotta be bullshitting me.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:18 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Teddy I would rather watch the Kardashian girls skinny dipping in Costa Rica than watch BC get completely manhandled by Clemson, Louisville, & Florida State, year after year, simply because the players Dazoo recruited have no business being on the field against them. No, I don't see the slightest uptick. I wish you were right, I do, but I don't see it. Nothing I have seen over the 4 years he's been here gives me hope that Addazio has the first clue on how to recruit players for a Power-5 team. You are way too smart a person to believe there is an uptick in talent, you gotta be bullshitting me.

Hey, me too! But I would also rather win the lottery than contract a rare form of bone cancer, so I guess I'm a bit of a nut
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:22 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

You are basing this entire analysis on the 3 games that occurred this past season against those teams. It's not year after year, they've been in those games in previous years and probably should have won more than they did, including the Clemson game lost on a dropped pass and the FSU game lost in part because of a dumb trick play call. Even when they had WRs playing QB they were competitive in those three games. Last year was a fucked up year, and those games were unacceptable, but treating them as if they have been the norm is revisionist history. But then, that's been your MO in this thread.

Oh, and 2 of those teams are 2 of the last 3 national champions.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:24 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Considering all the debating and toasting you do, you really don't listen or comprehend well. Addazio is a mediocre coach. I would love to see him gone. But overall talent and recruiting have not been his issue. The talent is much better than the Spaz era. If you can't see that, you are not looking. TOB was a mediocre coach too. He had decent talent but was far from a great recruiter. I just get tired of you saying it. If TOB was such a great recruiter, how come he never turned NC State into a power with their better talent pool, better facilities and easier admissions?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:32 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

You are basing this entire analysis on the 3 games that occurred this past season against those teams. It's not year after year, they've been in those games in previous years and probably should have won more than they did, including the Clemson game lost on a dropped pass and the FSU game lost in part because of a dumb trick play call. Even when they had WRs playing QB they were competitive in those three games. Last year was a fucked up year, and those games were unacceptable, but treating them as if they have been the norm is revisionist history. But then, that's been your MO in this thread.

Addazio is 0-for-everything against those 3 teams, his entire career. And the last time Addazio's team was even "in the game" was when the BC team wasn't made up of Addazio's players. Yes, I know those teams were national championship teams. But somehow, someway, :toby (with inferior recruiting, according to some of you) was "in the game" against Miami in 2001 and 2002 and (at that time) we demanded that level of competitiveness. We seem to have lost that. Now, losing to VPI 49-0 is the norm because of "inexperience." So if we are at that point, perhaps I should be watching Kanye's wife get out of the Costa Rica's river naked and watch Kourtney pour water over her head and see it dribble down her butt crack than watch BC football?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:35 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Addazio is 0-for-everything against those 3 teams, his entire career. And the last time Addazio's team was even "in the game" was when the BC team wasn't made up of Addazio's players. Yes, I know those teams were national championship teams. But somehow, someway, :toby (with inferior recruiting, according to some of you) was "in the game" against Miami in 2001 and 2002 and (at that time) we demanded that level of competitiveness. We seem to have lost that. Now, losing to VPI 49-0 is the norm because of "inexperience." So if we are at that point, perhaps I should be watching Kanye's wife get out of the Costa Rica's river naked and watch Kourtney pour water over her head and see it dribble down her butt crack than watch BC football?

Stay on message, toastmaster. No one is arguing that the results are good. We are simply disagreeing with the source of the bad results. If your boxscores got better reception you would know that gameday coaching is a far bigger culprit than recruiting, other than with the obvious concession that he sucks at finding QBs (Tyler Murphy being the exception)
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:52 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Considering all the debating and toasting you do, you really don't listen or comprehend well. Addazio is a mediocre coach. I would love to see him gone. But overall talent and recruiting have not been his issue.

BULLSHIT! That is THE ISSUE! That is the #1 reason why they sucked so bad. Stop deluding yourself.

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:The talent is much better than the Spaz era. If you can't see that, you are not looking. TOB was a mediocre coach too. He had decent talent but was far from a great recruiter. I just get tired of you saying it. If TOB was such a great recruiter, how come he never turned NC State into a power with their better talent pool, better facilities and easier admissions?

Because he was fucking lazy is why and the state of North Carolina is far too competitive in recruiting for college football. You remember Toby's biggest complaints to the media when he was here at BC? I do. I listened. Toby didn't have a filter with the media, he was being sincere on WEEI when he denigrated his own employer (which is why he drove us all nuts.) He'd say he would have to roam to Pennsylvania, NJ, Ohio, New York, everywhere, to find athletes that he felt were qualified in order to be competitive in the Big East and (later) ACC. He hated the fact that New England just didn't provide him the talent pool that he needed to field a competitive team. It was hard for him to find the players. The man was LAZY. He didn't want to work. He didn't like to get up off his ass and recruit. But he was FORCED to do that at BC because he didn't have the talent he needed in Massachusetts. So the players wound up being very good. The minute he got to North Carolina, our marine sharpshooter thought he had it made! He could just sit back, pick and choose the North Carolina players he wanted, he wouldn't have to travel so much to recruit, and just win games. Sitting in living rooms talking to 17 year old shirtless boys was a tank of gas, not a plane ticket and a trip to Logan. Absent from this moronic thinking was the reality that he was competing in North Carolina with (at that time) 4 other FBS schools (UNC, Wake, Duke, and #1 party school in the nation ECU) and an up-and-coming Appy State. The talent (and it was there) was... diluted. That competition for local recruits was a reality he never had to face in Massachusetts, it was BC or nothing. You don't go to ZooMass to play football. And sorry, North Carolina is not the recruiting hotbed that Florida, Texas, or Ohio are.

I am sick and tired of you people defending Addazio's recruiting. You are all way too smart to believe what you are typing. You have to be bullshitting not only me, but yourselves, if you think there is the slightest uptick. There isn't.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:13 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:... the 2014 BC team had the best "drive/run blocking" offensive line I have ever seen at Boston College. Perhaps not any one of them (on the 2014 line) were as individually as good as Chris Snee, Trueblood, Pete Kendall, Damien Woody, or a certain lineman from Foxboro High School who completely dominated me at football camp all summer long (someone who I was stuck going head-to-head against all week because I was the top nose tackle at camp) who later went to play for the Denver Broncos, but the whole of that 2014 line was far-far greater than the sum of its parts.

Oh, and I don't want this one to slip through the cracks. Looking at the season rushing stats and concluding that this was one of the best offensive lines in BC history, as if they were pounding it between the tackles to great success, as they had done the year before with Andre Williams, is nonsense. BC ran a spread option with TEs at WR blocking on the perimeter, and had the bulk of their rushing success with speed on the perimeter - the QB (the leading rusher 1184, 6.5 per carry) outside, the back up RB Willis (459 yards at 5.2 per carry) who was used almost exclusively in the spread and the slot receiver Alston (352 on 10.4 yards per carry). Those three guys went for 1995 yards (60% of the yards) at a 6.5 yard per carry clip, primarily by getting to the perimeter quickly in the speed option or jet sweeps.

On the other hand, when BC pounded it between the tackles the remaining <40% (1103 yards), with Hilliman and Outlow running behind the greatest drive/run blocking team in BC history, they ground out 4.1 yards per carry.

BC was successful running the ball in 2004 because of speed, not the offensive line. That line was decent.

Good work though, the box score shows 3000+ rushing yards, line must have been great, right?
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium