2017 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:56 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:funishment, i am sorry that your christmas gift to yourself didn't work exactly as you'd hoped it would

Funishment got confused using this and couldn't sit for a week.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:funishment, i am sorry that your christmas gift to yourself didn't work exactly as you'd hoped it would

sorry your team played so poorly last night and you'll have to watch the super bowl from home
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:44 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

sorry your team played so poorly last night and you'll have to watch the super bowl from home

Well played
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:52 pm

Offer out to Matt McDonald, the QB from CA who played at Mater Dei orig. would be really nice late pick up

Edit: looks like he is going to be visiting soon, mentions in an article wanting to see campus (I'm guessing they won't let him, "commit" until he visits as that has been their policy to date). Would have to think he visits this weekend with NSD on 2/1
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:38 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Offer out to Matt McDonald, the QB from CA who played at Mater Dei orig. would be really nice late pick up

Edit: looks like he is going to be visiting soon, mentions in an article wanting to see campus (I'm guessing they won't let him, "commit" until he visits as that has been their policy to date). Would have to think he visits this weekend with NSD on 2/1

Recruiting is going well. This kid has only one other offer: Cornell.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Shoreagle {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Offer out to Matt McDonald, the QB from CA who played at Mater Dei orig. would be really nice late pick up

Recruiting is going well. This kid has only one other offer: Cornell.

I believe hewas getting interest from Cal when they hired their new coach (not sure if they offered yet).
Last edited by HJS on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:50 pm

He's also got a huge arm, and NFL bloodlines. We've been over this, it is all about that throwing motion, which is dumb, because it doesn't matter as much in college.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He's also got a huge arm, and NFL bloodlines. We've been over this, it is all about that throwing motion, which is dumb, because it doesn't matter as much in college.

Agreed. Was discussed already in the thread. Pretty certain he will be a part of the class.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flakes on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Would LOVE to get this kid. Can't fake that production in one of the best HS conferences -- he was 1st team all conf. Maybe his throwing motion doesn't work out at the next level, but give me him over EJ Perry every day of the week.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:42 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:Would LOVE to get this kid. Can't fake that production in one of the best HS conferences -- he was 1st team all conf. Maybe his throwing motion doesn't work out at the next level, but give me him over EJ Perry every day of the week.

Agreed. I'm no scout, but kid seems to have happy-feet in the pocket but can make good throws. Not predicting future starter but good depth addition at least.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby flakes on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:51 pm

What's really scary is that he could honestly be the best quarterback on our roster right now given that Brown hasn't taken any snaps and Wade is probably gone.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:08 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:What's really scary is that he could honestly be the best quarterback on our roster right now given that Brown hasn't taken any snaps and Wade is probably gone.

I'm going to vehemently disagree that he's the best QB on the roster. I think he's a kid who can suprise and isn't a terrible late offer given his background. But, let's not get stupid about it.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:24 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:What's really scary is that he could honestly be the best quarterback on our roster right now given that Brown hasn't taken any snaps and Wade is probably gone.

I'm going to vehemently disagree that he's the best QB on the roster. I think he's a kid who can suprise and isn't a terrible late offer given his background. But, let's not get stupid about it.

This.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

This.

this plus if ts slaughter really did run wade off, it wouldn't be terrible to have another backup in the building
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:43 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Flier season is in full swing yay!!!!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:58 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I'd take a flier from mission viejo who led his team to 11-1 over someone who set the passing record (or whatever it was) in mass
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:18 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I'd take a flier from mission viejo who led his team to 11-1 over someone who set the passing record (or whatever it was) in mass

i thought that record was curbed
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:16 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Short of about 2 players per year BC shouldn't be recruiting Mass at all
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:30 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

What about the "Patriots Effect" that has raised all boats as it relates to the talent level of Mass football???????
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:02 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

What about the "Patriots Effect" that has raised all boats as it relates to the talent level of Mass football???????

What stupid person said that the Patriots somehow improved the talent of Massachusetts High School talent?

That being said, Mo Hurst and Christian Wilkins would have looked real good in Maroon and Gold.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:11 pm

The Wellesley Pop Warner team won the national championship a couple of years ago! We only have to wait 10 more years for them to show up at BC or Duke, Stanford, NW or Vandy!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:49 pm

I was positive the corners were going to be filled in this time. Shit
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby garf112 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:05 pm

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:Would LOVE to get this kid. Can't fake that production in one of the best HS conferences -- he was 1st team all conf. Maybe his throwing motion doesn't work out at the next level, but give me him over EJ Perry every day of the week.

Agreed. I'm no scout, but kid seems to have happy-feet in the pocket but can make good throws. Not predicting future starter but good depth addition at least.

I don't know, the way he felt pressure and moved in and out of the pocket and could throw on the run reminded me of watching Aaron Rodgers a bit.

His receivers were probably better than anyone he will throw to at BC.

His dad was an NFL QB and he played at a high level. This is a great "flyer" if you want to call it that.
garf112
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:19 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The Wellesley Pop Warner team won the national championship a couple of years ago! We only have to wait 10 more years for them to show up at BC or Duke, Stanford, NW or Vandy!

Are you saying they are too smart for the Louisville & Ohio State types?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:49 am

This is the last weekend before LOI Day. Does anyone know if we have anyone visiting? Has there been a status update to the kids who visited last week? The BC "verbals" who were exploring other options? Commits to other programs who BC was trying to flip?

Not that I would expect Daz to enact such strategy (do I get points for using Daz and strategy in the same sentence?)... but if I was a head coach of a non-Top 30 recruiting class, I would very publicly keep 1 or 2 ships open each cycle and let every HS coach know that it is for kids who were screwed at the last second by Harbaugh or an SEC school. Those programs get away with their nonsense (greyshirt/blueshirt) because there are few non-FAU options available after a player like Kwity Paye finds "problems with the fax machine" while Michigan makes a stunning run of 3 signing day televised decisions... which used up their available scholarships.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:05 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This is the last weekend before LOI Day. Does anyone know if we have anyone visiting? Has there been a status update to the kids who visited last week? The BC "verbals" who were exploring other options? Commits to other programs who BC was trying to flip .

Nick Saban was flying all over South Florida in a helicopter the other day firming up commitments. Did Koach Ketchup even fire up the Dodge Stratus to see what was going on?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This is the last weekend before LOI Day. Does anyone know if we have anyone visiting? Has there been a status update to the kids who visited last week? The BC "verbals" who were exploring other options? Commits to other programs who BC was trying to flip?

Not that I would expect Daz to enact such strategy (do I get points for using Daz and strategy in the same sentence?)... but if I was a head coach of a non-Top 30 recruiting class, I would very publicly keep 1 or 2 ships open each cycle and let every HS coach know that it is for kids who were screwed at the last second by Harbaugh or an SEC school. Those programs get away with their nonsense (greyshirt/blueshirt) because there are few non-FAU options available after a player like Kwity Paye finds "problems with the fax machine" while Michigan makes a stunning run of 3 signing day televised decisions... which used up their available scholarships.

They have a bunch of juniors on campus for a "junior day" today. Matt McDonald is on campus now as well. They have been making the rounds with all the committed kids the last few weeks. I know Haynes was here last week and I think TJ Gardner is at yukon this weekend
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Anyone know if that OL from CT committed to Michigan ended up visiting?
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:50 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:Anyone know if that OL from CT committed to Michigan ended up visiting?

I can't imagine Dr. Whateverthefuck would be wrong about recruiting.

How big of a loss is TJ Gardner? Does he get a third star for flipping to Yukon?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Recruiting off a 3-9 season I expected a shit class.
But how bad is it?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium