2017 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:49 pm

New offer to Tayon Fleet-Davis. 6'0/211lb RB from Oxon Hill, MD. Other offers from Rutgers, UMD, WVU, NCSU and Iowa
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:13 am

i still can't believe they didn't bring in a RB for '16 (by any means), especially after Gowins & Outlow leaving
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 31southst on Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:51 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i still can't believe they didn't bring in a RB for '16 (by any means), especially after Gowins & Outlow leaving

I'm sure Daz won't be shy about using lack of depth as an excuse if/when one or two RBs are dinged up.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:34 am

31southst {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:i still can't believe they didn't bring in a RB for '16 (by any means), especially after Gowins & Outlow leaving

I'm sure Daz won't be shy about using lack of depth as an excuse if/when one or two RBs are dinged up.

I'm still hoping there will be a solid and serviceable 5th year transfer out there that learns they're getting passed on the depth chart by a younger player after spring ball.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:11 am

I don't think three running backs is really that light for this year. It may be more of an issue going forward.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:14 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I don't think three running backs is really that light for this year. It may be more of an issue going forward.

you mean because we have ice towlie back there slinging the ball around to all our wide receivers?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:20 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

disagree, how many were hurt / out last year?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:22 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

does that include the ones that were out for "coach's decision?"
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:39 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

OK, but if you look back at past rosters 3 is more normal than 5 and oftentimes when there were 4 and in many cases when there were 3, the last guy was somebody like J. Survival Ross who probably isn't really an every down option if the goal is to win games.

I do think it's a risk, but I don't think 3 theoretically healthy RBs is all that unusual and in fact the pre-transfer situation was more weird. It's not as bad as 2007 when Brooks got booted before the beginning of the year and there were 2.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:20 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

OK, but if you look back at past rosters 3 is more normal than 5 and oftentimes when there were 4 and in many cases when there were 3, the last guy was somebody like J. Survival Ross who probably isn't really an every down option if the goal is to win games.

I do think it's a risk, but I don't think 3 theoretically healthy RBs is all that unusual and in fact the pre-transfer situation was more weird. It's not as bad as 2007 when Brooks got booted before the beginning of the year and there were 2.

I think its important to remember that last year was kind of an anomaly. Addazio was fairly lucky his first 2 years with no injuries to major spots, last year it seemed that every important position got dinged. A depth chart of 3 (Hilliman, Willis, Rouse) is fine most time, especially considering that the chance of mass injuries like last year are probably low. In the end tho, just like everything else, its going to come down to the offensive lines ability to open holes and keep the RB unit from getting blown up.

I agree with Claver. Its ridiculous to skip recruiting that position (which was Addazios plan from the beginning it seemed) regardless, but makes even less sense with Addazio's run heavy scheme.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:37 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I think its important to remember that last year was kind of an anomaly. Addazio was fairly lucky his first 2 years with no injuries to major spots, last year it seemed that every important position got dinged. A depth chart of 3 (Hilliman, Willis, Rouse) is fine most time, especially considering that the chance of mass injuries like last year are probably low. In the end tho, just like everything else, its going to come down to the offensive lines ability to open holes and keep the RB unit from getting blown up.

I agree with Claver. Its ridiculous to skip recruiting that position (which was Addazios plan from the beginning it seemed) regardless, but makes even less sense with Addazio's run heavy scheme.

I generally agree that skipping a position in a class is dumb, but I'm not sure that adding a 6th running back to the 2016 roster (Willis,Rouse,Hilliman,Outlow,Gowins,2016 guy) is any less dumb, which is what would have occurred had they added a class of 2016 RB and the transfers had not happened. I think at that point it would have had to have been an obvious difference maker, which was the situation when they added Hilliman. Obviously, there were carry distribution issues last season (multiplied by the losing), which may or may not have been avoidable, but were not avoided in any event.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:14 pm

If you run between the tackles as much Addazio, you need more than 3 RBs. When the QBs could throw, you might be able to survive with 3.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If you run between the tackles as much Addazio, you need more than 3 RBs. When the QBs could throw, you might be able to survive with 3.

I think since they survived with 3 and Addazio in 2013, it's less cut and dry than that.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:52 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If you run between the tackles as much Addazio, you need more than 3 RBs. When the QBs could throw, you might be able to survive with 3.

I think since they survived with 3 and Addazio in 2013, it's less cut and dry than that.

You are correct, the exception to the rule is when you have a Heisman contending back that can survive 355 carries in 13 games.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 31southst on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:37 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Although I haven't read anything negative about his recovery, it is worth noting that 1 of the 3 is coming off a season ending injury. That said, I think we might as well start calling Wilson a RB now.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:32 pm

New offer to Collin Smith. ATH/Safety from Ligonier Valley HS in PA. 6'0/195lb with offers from Michigan, West Virginia and Louisville
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:53 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

You are correct, the exception to the rule is when you have a Heisman contending back that can survive 355 carries in 13 games.

It's this. I do not want to see another walk on starting this year. We had enough fun with that at QB
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ckoub01 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:36 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:That said, Lakeland (rural, poor) and Winter Park (top 5 wealthiest areas in FL) are completely different universes, so I'd be shocked if Jordan was especially close to his "second cousins."

The first part is untrue. The second part is a strange assumption to make.

Clearly you haven't been to either location, as it's laughable to think that Lakeland is 1) a city or 2) even moderately wealthy by any measure. Just take a look at Lakeland's booming, urban industries per Wikipedia - "Large industries in the Lakeland area are citrus, cattle, and phosphate mining." Real urban, white collar work there!

Compare Lakeland to this - http://www.bestplaces.net/city/florida/winter_park

Guessing that the rich and poor dont don't intermingle is purely a stereotype, so I guess you got me on that.
ckoub01
n00b

Postby angrychicken on Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:58 am

ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:That said, Lakeland (rural, poor) and Winter Park (top 5 wealthiest areas in FL) are completely different universes, so I'd be shocked if Jordan was especially close to his "second cousins."

Clearly you haven't been to either location, as it's laughable to think that Lakeland is 1) a city or 2) even moderately wealthy by any measure. Just take a look at Lakeland's booming, urban industries per Wikipedia - "Large industries in the Lakeland area are citrus, cattle, and phosphate mining." Real urban, white collar work there!

Guessing that the rich and poor dont don't intermingle is purely a stereotype, so I guess you got me on that.

You cite Wikipedia and some other random website to defend your position. Cool. You're still wrong.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:30 am

Plus, saying Lakeland's economy is based on cattle and citrus is like saying Newton's economy is based on its two biggest employers, Newton Wellesley Hospital and BC.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:09 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Plus, saying Lakeland's economy is based on cattle and citrus is like saying Newton's economy is based on its two biggest employers, Newton Wellesley Hospital and BC.

and not at all dance lessons
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:32 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Plus, saying Lakeland's economy is based on cattle and citrus is like saying Newton's economy is based on its two biggest employers, Newton Wellesley Hospital and BC.

Plus plus, the headquarters of the largest grocery store chain in Florida (possibly the largest in the southeastern U.S.) is located in Lakeland. They also have a FedEx distribution center that handles most of the packages that come into and out of the state.

What does this have to do with anything? Not much, other than to point out that the original post about Lakeland, Winter Park, and the family dynamics of a family that we know nothing about was, from top to bottom, full of crap.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:48 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:...largest grocery store chain in Florida (possibly the largest in the southeastern U.S.) ...

pubix?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:17 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Plus plus, the headquarters of the largest grocery store chain in Florida (possibly the largest in the southeastern U.S.) is located in Lakeland. They also have a FedEx distribution center that handles most of the packages that come into and out of the state.

What does this have to do with anything? Not much, other than to point out that the original post about Lakeland, Winter Park, and the family dynamics of a family that we know nothing about was, from top to bottom, full of crap.

Wasn't Lakeland in the news a few years back because the cops and firemen were passing a female civilian employee around and doing her during work hours practically everywhere except the chief of police's office?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:21 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Wasn't Lakeland in the news a few years back because the cops and firemen were passing a female civilian employee around and doing her during work hours practically everywhere except the chief of police's office?

no

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1383107
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ckoub01 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:38 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

You cite Wikipedia and some other random website to defend your position. Cool. You're still wrong.

Well if AngryChicken says its wrong, then I'll have to take his/her/its words for it.
ckoub01
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:45 pm

ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Well if AngryChicken says its wrong, then I'll have to take his/her/its words for it.

based on where he posts from (geographically) and where you post from (geographically) i think he may know a thing or two more about it.

but maybe you're a big disney guy that stays in winter park :shrug
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby ckoub01 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:47 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

based on where he posts from (geographically) and where you post from (geographically) i think he may know a thing or two more about it.

I'd say living there 15 years in Tampa + Orlando might help . . . . .
ckoub01
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:11 pm

ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Sorry to hear that. We'll pray for your soul
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:36 pm

ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

are you friendly with all your other cousins that live in the area?

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium