2017 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Recruiting Thread

Postby ckoub01 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:That said, Lakeland (rural, poor) and Winter Park (top 5 wealthiest areas in FL) are completely different universes, so I'd be shocked if Jordan was especially close to his "second cousins."

The first part is untrue. The second part is a strange assumption to make.

Clearly you haven't been to either location, as it's laughable to think that Lakeland is 1) a city or 2) even moderately wealthy by any measure. Just take a look at Lakeland's booming, urban industries per Wikipedia - "Large industries in the Lakeland area are citrus, cattle, and phosphate mining." Real urban, white collar work there!

Compare Lakeland to this - http://www.bestplaces.net/city/florida/winter_park

Guessing that the rich and poor dont don't intermingle is purely a stereotype, so I guess you got me on that.

You cite Wikipedia and some other random website to defend your position. Cool. You're still wrong.

Well if AngryChicken says its wrong, then I'll have to take his/her/its words for it.

based on where he posts from (geographically) and where you post from (geographically) i think he may know a thing or two more about it.

but maybe you're a big disney guy that stays in winter park :shrug

I'd say living there 15 years in Tampa + Orlando might help . . . . .

Sorry to hear that. We'll pray for your soul

There's a reason I left. That being said, one of Tampa's historical landmarks is a strip club that looks like a UFO spaceship, so they have that going for it.

Recruiting note - both Lakeland and Orlando (WP is suburb) are big-time recruiting grounds but the Central FL Gulf Coast is where Addazio recruited best at UF in addition to the northeast (http://247sports.com/Coach/Steve-Addazi ... meRecruits). Green, Dowling, Patchan, Burton, and Jones are all from schools within a 2 hour drive of each other.

While Jeff Smith + Wyatt Knopfke both are from the area, it's strange that he isn't tapping any more connections. The shit recruiting results over the past two years speak to needing every edge we can get and clearly there is no longer a "wall" around Mass.
ckoub01
n00b

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:56 pm

ckoub01 {l Wrote}:That being said, one of Tampa's historical landmarks is a strip club that looks like a UFO spaceship, so they have that going for it.

Believe I've been there.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:30 pm

ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:That said, Lakeland (rural, poor) and Winter Park (top 5 wealthiest areas in FL) are completely different universes, so I'd be shocked if Jordan was especially close to his "second cousins."

Clearly you haven't been to either location, as it's laughable to think that Lakeland is 1) a city or 2) even moderately wealthy by any measure. Just take a look at Lakeland's booming, urban industries per Wikipedia - "Large industries in the Lakeland area are citrus, cattle, and phosphate mining." Real urban, white collar work there!

Guessing that the rich and poor dont don't intermingle is purely a stereotype, so I guess you got me on that.

You cite Wikipedia and some other random website to defend your position. Cool. You're still wrong.

Well if AngryChicken says its wrong, then I'll have to take his/her/its words for it.

I was just going off of your descriptions. You described Lakeland as "rural, poor". While Lakeland is not Manhattan, it is not exactly Mayberry. There are plenty of places in Florida that are "rural, poor". Lakeland is not one of them. Also, Winter Park is not one of the "top 5 wealthiest areas in FL".

As far as you choosing to spend 15 years living on the I-4 corridor, that's your own fault. Tampa and Orlando are miserable, miserable places and the people that live there are even worse.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby ckoub01 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:35 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

I was just going off of your descriptions. You described Lakeland as "rural, poor". While Lakeland is not Manhattan, it is not exactly Mayberry. There are plenty of places in Florida that are "rural, poor". Lakeland is not one of them. Also, Winter Park is not one of the "top 5 wealthiest areas in FL".

As far as you choosing to spend 15 years living on the I-4 corridor, that's your own fault. Tampa and Orlando are miserable, miserable places and the people that live there are even worse.

President Trump isn't going to let them be miserable any longer
ckoub01
n00b

Postby hansen on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:17 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

I like Tampa.
There, I said it.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:40 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

I like Tampa.
There, I said it.

Hell of a lot better than Orlando anyway.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:11 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

I like Tampa.
There, I said it.

This
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:48 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
ckoub01 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

I like Tampa.
There, I said it.

This

You still got it
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:26 pm

Few guys on campus today for start of practice. Chris Chukwuneke is a WR from SJV in NJ (same HS as A Brown). Also Eddie Lewis and Juwann Mitchell from Mater Dei in NJ were on campus. 24 pointed out this is Lewis' second visit (was in campus for Jr Day) in a short period of time. I think only Lewis has an ofer to date.

Also hosted Travis Levy, a RB from MD, who received an offer while on campus.

Generally start to see commitments start in mid March (at least has been the case last few years) so hopefully some good news shortly.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:36 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Few guys on campus today for start of practice. Chris Chukwuneke is a WR from SJV in NJ (same HS as A Brown). Also Eddie Lewis and Juwann Mitchell from Mater Dei in NJ were on campus. 24 pointed out this is Lewis' second visit (was in campus for Jr Day) in a short period of time. I think only Lewis has an ofer to date.

Generally start to see commitments start in mid March (at least has been the case last few years) so hopefully some good news shortly.

Jack Coan was also on campus. QB from Long Island
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:59 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Few guys on campus today for start of practice. Chris Chukwuneke is a WR from SJV in NJ (same HS as A Brown). Also Eddie Lewis and Juwann Mitchell from Mater Dei in NJ were on campus. 24 pointed out this is Lewis' second visit (was in campus for Jr Day) in a short period of time. I think only Lewis has an ofer to date.

Jack Coan was also on campus. QB from Long Island

He's very sexy
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:58 am

according to the twitterati we got a commit?

http://247sports.com/Player/Devan-Lawson-89053
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:04 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:according to the twitterati we got a commit?

He was on campus for JR Day with a team mate who I don't think has a BC offer yet. He's from Spring Valley, NY which I'm guessing is a small NY school ie Barlow/Keyes.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:02 am

I'd hardly call Spring Valley a small school, they have 300+ person graduating classes. The classifications are different now, but back when we played them they were one of the Rockland Class A schools with North Rockland, Suffern, Ramapo, and the two Clarkstowns. Decent football down there back in the day. Seth Joyner went to Spring Valley.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:04 am

The school where Barlow went, by the way, has 2000+ kids.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:12 am

The kid can get up that's for sure. He's a head taller than his garbage competition but i like how comfortable he is in traffic. Hopefully that translates to the next level when 5* FSU safeties make a bee-line for his blindside.

Also that kids QB is fast as hell.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby NaturalLight on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:16 am

Looks like Travis Levy committed too. http://247sports.com/player/travis-levy-80521
NaturalLight
Carney Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:19 am

Travis Levy has stars and is ranked top 50 at the RB position. Not sure how I feel about this.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:23 am

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:The kid can get up that's for sure. He's a head taller than his garbage competition but i like how comfortable he is in traffic. Hopefully that translates to the next level when 5* FSU safeties make a bee-line for his blindside.

The QB is Ori Jean-Charles. He was on campus with Lawson. Works with Madei Williams who is the private QB coach that trained Anthony Brown and Brandon Wimbush (from SPP and at ND) among others. OJC plays QB an LB and is 6'4/220lb, prob a name to keep an eye on going forward at least as an ATH/LB
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:26 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:The kid can get up that's for sure. He's a head taller than his garbage competition but i like how comfortable he is in traffic. Hopefully that translates to the next level when 5* FSU safeties make a bee-line for his blindside.

The QB is Ori Jean-Charles. He was on campus with Lawson. Works with Madei Williams who is the private QB coach that trained Anthony Brown and Brandon Wimbush (from SPP and at ND) among others. OJC plays QB an LB and is 6'4/220lb, prob a name to keep an eye on going forward at least as an ATH/LB

I was wondering if the kid was a known shirtless boy. But I was too lazy to look it up. Not a very polished passer but certainly could grow to become a decent dual threat. Thanks for this.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:28 pm

ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Travis Levy has stars and is ranked top 50 at the RB position. Not sure how I feel about this.

I'll take a RB that GT is kicking the tires on...
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:39 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
ILikeBC {l Wrote}:Travis Levy has stars and is ranked top 50 at the RB position. Not sure how I feel about this.

I'll take a RB that GT is kicking the tires on...

It seems a few teams are. Hopefully this allows the staff to pressure another RB into committing early with presumably 1 spot left. Assuming Dillon is a long shot (and would be a take if 2 RBs commit prior anyway), maybe we see someone like CJ Holmes from CT take the 2nd spot quickly. Addazio mentioned numerous times his need for a "big back" which I think Levy fits, someone like Holmes would fill more of the "Outlow" type RB/ATH back and would a really good complimentary piece to Levy.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Bunratty on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Levy is listed at 5'11" or 6'0" 190/195 lbs. I'm thinking he is the smaller back in this class and we still need a big back.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:09 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:according to the twitterati we got a commit?

He was on campus for JR Day with a team mate who I don't think has a BC offer yet. He's from Spring Valley, NY which I'm guessing is a small NY school ie Barlow/Keyes.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/in-clash-of ... unt-vernon
He seems like a pretty good athlete.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:20 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:Levy is listed at 5'11" or 6'0" 190/195 lbs. I'm thinking he is the smaller back in this class and we still need a big back.

Just as a proxy, Andre Williams was 5'11 200lbs out of high school. Coming from high school, Levy's measurable are on the "big" side (for a 17 year old) with obvious room to grow in a college weight program (Guys like AJ Dillon, who are in high school at 6'1/230lb are not the norm)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:43 pm

Happy with the 3 commits so far. None of them blue chip, but all seem to have tremendous upside. Nonetheless, would like to see the staff land a few of the four star guys this time around. AJ Dillon would be a huge get, already has a college frame and could play immediately.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:55 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:Happy with the 3 commits so far. None of them blue chip, but all seem to have tremendous upside. Nonetheless, would like to see the staff land a few of the four star guys this time around. AJ Dillon would be a huge get, already has a college frame and could play immediately.

Did Magic Johnson twitter join EO?
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:07 am

ILikeBC is a dick at midnight on Thursday, and as the originator of the Thursday night rant, I applaud this effort
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:18 am

- Jon Lewis, QB from St. Peters Prep who holds BC offer, is taking some visits coming up per twitter. Lists UNC, Wake, NCSU, Duke, LSU and ND. Has offers from BC, UGA (who already got commitment from diff QB), Iowa, Wake and Rutgers. Not sure if BC is actively pursuing him (with Loeffler now at OC) but BC was his first offer

- Free article on EA re: Louisiana FB Ben Miles (Les Miles son), holds offers from BC, LSU and Nebraska, sounds like may be legitimate interest

https://bostoncollege.n.rivals.com/news/louisiana-fullback-opens-up-on-bc-interest

Louisiana fullback opens up on BC interest

Baton Rouge (La.) Catholic fullback Ben Miles spoke with Eagle Action early this week about his mutual interest in Boston College. What's going on between the Eagles and the 6-foot-1, 215-pound fullback?

Boston College has rarely recruited Louisiana historically but Eagle Action reported, earlier this offseason, that Justin Frye would be doing some recruiting work down in the Bayou in addition to his added recruiting responsibilities in nearby Texas.

But Miles' interest in BC, and the Eagles' interest in him, preceded those staff recruiting changes.

"I've probably had the offer from Boston College for about a month officially," Miles said. "I went to a camp there at Boston College last summer and they've stayed in contact with me and have recruited me pretty hard since then. I've talked to Coach Frye, Coach (Scot) Loeffler and Coach (Frank) Leonard. They all talk to me pretty regularly. They see me as a fullback and as a move guy.

"They really like my versatility. They like that I can play fullback and H-Back and run to the slot," he said. "They like that I can do a lot of different things."

That Miles attended a Boston College camp last year, even without an offer, is a testament to Miles' interest in the school and the program.

Miles said he wanted to camp at Boston College because he liked the physical identity of the offense. He added that he likes the role that Loeffler has carved out for fullbacks in the offense he's bringing to the Heights.

"I liked it a lot up there," he said. "I plan on going up there pretty soon again. I picked out Boston College as a camp because I wanted to go there. And since Coach Loeffler's come in, with Coach Leonard and Coach Frye, I just really like the whole staff."

LSU offered Miles at the end of the last football season but Miles hasn't given any indication that his recruitment is an open-shut case for the Tigers.

He said Navy has offered him and he plans on visiting the academy soon. He also wants to set up a trip to Nebraska, as the Cornhuskers have offered, too.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:24 am

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:Sounds like good news to me. Kid clearly values academics. Hopefully this helps us out recruit LSU

I mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread, but Miles had a brother who decided not to play for his father and walk on at UNC I believe, so at least a precedent of not staying home to play for LSU.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium