2017 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2017 Recruiting Thread

Postby ILikeBC on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:17 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:paye's gone

Whatever. He'd be coming in in a transition time and wouldn't make a major difference overall.

The 2017 recruiting class is irrelevant now. A full rebuild by the new coach is in order and that's what matters most.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:21 am

But I was told by very smart posters who were speaking in very serious tones that we couldn't fire Addazio during the season because it would lead to his recruits leaving
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:36 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Now why would anyone give up a chance to play for the national champions and go to ugly Michigan? You still did not answer my question as to why Dillon would comitt to BC with Adazzio having one foot out the door?

What do you mean ? I specifically said the that there was a rumor they want to flip him to LB. That's the reason. Additionally It's local, his HC played here, ND is most likely full at RB and BC has kept on him.

Although he didn't last in the program, Tevin Montgomery committed after Spaziani got canned, so it's not unprecedented.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:13 pm

To Our Lady of the Corn?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Bunratty on Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:17 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Now why would anyone give up a chance to play for the national champions and go to ugly Michigan? You still did not answer my question as to why Dillon would comitt to BC with Adazzio having one foot out the door?

I sense he would be considering BC only because Addazio has one foot out the door.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby L35guy on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:29 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

To Our Lady of the Corn?

Michigan
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:33 pm

L35guy {l Wrote}:
Michigan

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Bumpers on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:32 pm

Is that lotion or soft soap?

Jim's hands look awfully chapped.
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:36 pm

The Michigan blogs seemed nonplused with the commit. They mention that the class will contain at least 30. From a BC perspective, Michigan is the best possible program to lose a kid to. Harbaugh holds fleeting to the "commitment" part of a verbal commitment. He regularly counsels-out kids before they get to campus and isn't shy about pulling offers days before signing day.

Bottom line is that the next coach may very well have a shot at Paye in a year... simply because Coach Khaki is bored.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Tate Haynes just committed. Orig offered as a QB, commits as DB. From same school as Ray Smith and '17 commit Patrick Brown in San Diego. Had offer from BYU as DB as well I believe

Also offered Allen Daniels yesterday, presumably offered should Harper commits elsewhere. 6'1/290lb DT from Dacula, GA. Looks to have offer from K-State and some smaller regional schools in the GA area

Allen Daniels just committed. 6'1/300lb DT, would be real nice to pair with Curtis Harper this recruiting cycle at DT.

Looks like a real good pickup and you have to trust Al.

Allen Daniels decommitted.

This is probably the greatest proof that Daz will be back. Leahy always assures that a fired coach gets TWO straight classes gutted of talent due to a pending change. This is so it is that much harder for the next coach to succeed. When trying to predict what Leahy is going to do, ask yourself "what is the move that will cause the most long-term damage to the athletic program?"

This is why, if the BOT Athletic Committee isn't established in December and doesn't have FULL autonomy (i.e. separate from the President) nothing good will happen until Leahy dies in office (at which point we will likely be Templed back to the Big East to join his Marquette).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:47 am

Apparently Penn State has entered the Brandon Sebastian recruitment with Michigan. He says that while he's still committed to BC, hes going to visit both PSU and Michigan and its going to come down to those 3, I would say hes a goner
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:09 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Apparently Penn State has entered the Brandon Sebastian recruitment with Michigan. He says that while he's still committed to BC, hes going to visit both PSU and Michigan and its going to come down to those 3, I would say hes a goner

Don Brown has a fence around New England!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:41 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Apparently Penn State has entered the Brandon Sebastian recruitment with Michigan. He says that while he's still committed to BC, hes going to visit both PSU and Michigan and its going to come down to those 3, I would say hes a goner

I think its more that the S.S. Thinskin is a sinking ship and the vultures are starting to circle. Its an easy sell at this point for any coach at a P5 program to say that this staff, for hte most part, will be in the unemployment line next year.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:50 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

I think its more that the S.S. Thinskin is a sinking ship and the vultures are starting to circle. Its an easy sell at this point for any coach at a P5 program to say that this staff, for hte most part, will be in the unemployment line next year.

If I was a Michigan fan, I would not be terribly excited that my $9mm a year coach and his multi-million dollar staff could only parlay a Top 4 ranking into poached commits from the worst program in the Bog 5. Brady Hoke could accomplish the same off a 7-win season.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:15 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

If I was a Michigan fan, I would not be terribly excited that my $9mm a year coach and his multi-million dollar staff could only parlay a Top 4 ranking into poached commits from the worst program in the Bog 5. Brady Hoke could accomplish the same off a 7-win season.

Michigan fans are quite happy with their #4 ranked class, with or without adding out 3 best recruits as their last minute scraps.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:51 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Michigan fans are quite happy with their #4 ranked class, with or without adding out 3 best recruits as their last minute scraps.

When Harbaugh pulls their schollies a week before signing day, maybe we can get them back?

It was inevitable our class was going to suck coming off a 3 win season.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:59 pm

Another bad recruiting class is another good reason to fire Daz a week from Monday. How is he ever going to succeed with this level of recruits? It's not a question of if Daz gets fired, but when. The longer BC waits, the bigger the reconstruction project will be.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:14 pm

CJ Lewis just decommitted from Tennessee. From Cheshire Academy in CT and received BC offer just prior to receiving Tennessee offer. Believe he committed when Burton was on board and it appeared the staff was intent on taking 2 QB's originally during this cycle.

6'4/205lb and fairly athletic
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:32 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:CJ Lewis just decommitted from Tennessee. From Cheshire Academy in CT and received BC offer just prior to receiving Tennessee offer. Believe he committed when Burton was on board and it appeared the staff was intent on taking 2 QB's originally during this cycle.

6'4/205lb and fairly athletic

Hes apparently visiting Penn State this weekend. Not sure if they have offered and thats why he decommitted or what. PSU has a QB committed already, 4* from St. Xavier in Cincinnati Sean Clifford
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:25 pm

That's a killer to lose a 4 star QB from St. Xavier to PSU. It just kills me to watch these idiots (not BC grads) destroy our program. We need BC alums running BC! Clone JY!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:29 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:That's a killer to lose a 4 star QB from St. Xavier to PSU. It just kills me to watch these idiots (not BC grads) destroy our program. We need BC alums running BC! Clone JY!

You're gonna win the worst poster competition in the biggest landslide since Reagan.
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:37 pm

Looks like new offer to Matthew Ryan, QB from Brophy Prep in Phoenix, AZ. Visited for the Yukon game. 5'10/185lb, BC appears to be first division 1 offer.

http://www.hudl.com/v/105LW5

Brandon Sebastian is visiting Penn State this weekend with CJ Lewis who recently decommitted from Tennessee. Not sure if the Ryan offer is a sign they are out (or not stupidly not pursuing) on Lewis or not. I don't think Ped State has officially offered Sebastian yet.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:40 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Looks like new offer to Matthew Ryan, QB from Brophy Prep in Phoenix, AZ. Visited for the Yukon game. 5'10/185lb, BC appears to be first division 1 offer.

Oh hell yeah mothafucka
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:07 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Looks like new offer to Matthew Ryan, QB from Brophy Prep in Phoenix, AZ. Visited for the Yukon game. 5'10/185lb, BC appears to be first division 1 offer.

Brandon Sebastian is visiting Penn State this weekend with CJ Lewis who recently decommitted from Tennessee. Not sure if the Ryan offer is a sign they are out (or not stupidly not pursuing) on Lewis or not. I don't think Ped State has officially offered Sebastian yet.

Holy hell he looks like Troy Flutie 2.0 on video. Please go somewhere else.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:31 pm

This is the problem with keeping coach thinskin around. hes going to backfill this class with stuff like this, and go into 2018 with no momentum and strike out everywhere, making the rebuild for whoever is next even harder. Just get BOB now and let him land someone right away (like he did with Hackenburg, got him committed in 2 months after hire) and get this thing started for real.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:56 pm

Holy shit. Was he offered as a QB???

I'd say it is a waste of a scholarship and that he'll never see a meaningful snap under center... but then I think how shittily Daz has recruited QB, and think "he may actually need to play!" Congrats to the kid for taking what Leahy allows Daz to keep offering. Congrats to saving your folks $240,000 in loans.

My biggest problem with this recruit... is that continues to show the complete lack of strategy by Daz. First, he wanted QBs who could run the read option. So he goes out and grabs Wade, Flutie and Jeff Smith. Somewhere along the way, he decided to instead go after drop-back passers. He now grabs a kid who is neither. Seriously fucking bizarre. You would think there would be some sort of Good for New England type or a QB from a recruit's school like Sebastian (who you are desperately trying to keep). Who ever gets this team in 2018 has got nothing to work with.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:22 am

blah blah blah Anthony Brown blah blah blah
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:37 pm

Regardless of not getting BOB, I could not agree more with Superfan. The program is only going to get worse under Daz. This is not all his fault, much of the blame lies with the BOT for putting out a IMP with zero varisity athletic facilities or stadium upgrades when all of our competitors were investing heavily in these areas.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:43 pm

If BC already had an IPF and the corners filled and club seating, the outcomes under Daz (both on the field and in recruiting) would be EXACTLY the same. Winners don't need to remove superficial excuses to be successful.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:07 pm

BC is not even getting local recruits without all of the facility upgrades. You're living in the past if you think facilities don't matter. Why would any decent QB or WR want to come to BC, especially given our long winters, without an IPF.

We can also blame the BOT for not forming the athletics advisory board that trustee Greg Barber pushed for. Instead they did nothing and let GDF totally fuck up the program by forcing TOB out, installing crazy high priced DBS and parking fees and still they are doing nothing at the present moment except scrambling to amend the IMP and secure permits for an IPF.

It's time to make BC athletics great! It's time to drain the swamp (or clean the bird cage)!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium