3rd Scrimmage

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 3rd Scrimmage

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Interesting stuff. Even though you are terrible at quoting, I appreciate the content.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:15 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:No shower visit, sorry to disappoint.

You should rescind your FF donation.

Thanks for the content.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:44 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Is anyone else concerned that Smith's dominating QB play will hurt recruitment for the next few seasons? Or will his early exit for the NFL actually free up playing time earlier than anticipated? I think it will probably be both at the same time, or neither entirely.

Good question, what are we going to do when Smith and Wade go pro in 2018?

Until they line up behind the LG, this NFL talk is premature. :shrug
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Ben Roethlisberger on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:48 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Good question, what are we going to do when Smith and Wade go pro in 2018?

Until they line up behind the LG, this NFL talk is premature. :shrug

Shut up, Hansen. Even I understood that the original post was sarcastic.
Ben Roethlisberger
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:24 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:....seemed to be a consensus among the talking heads that the players many times know who "the guy" is before the coaches, because of the way each QB conducts himself in the huddle and off the field, that is out of view of the coaches.

This is why I think Wade is secure as the QB. See the quotes in Hale's ESPN article from Hilliman.

Not that I necessarily disagree Wade has a fairly long leash, the quote you referenced is from the spring (i.e., before Smith enrolled).

Fair enough. I hope Smith is good enough to challenge to be starter next year. It's great news that he is that good. It's just not happening after 4 weeks on campus.

FWIW, Daz just said we "could easily see Smith on offense" Saturday during his press conference.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:31 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:....seemed to be a consensus among the talking heads that the players many times know who "the guy" is before the coaches, because of the way each QB conducts himself in the huddle and off the field, that is out of view of the coaches.

This is why I think Wade is secure as the QB. See the quotes in Hale's ESPN article from Hilliman.

Not that I necessarily disagree Wade has a fairly long leash, the quote you referenced is from the spring (i.e., before Smith enrolled).

Fair enough. I hope Smith is good enough to challenge to be starter next year. It's great news that he is that good. It's just not happening after 4 weeks on campus.

FWIW, Daz just said we "could easily see Smith on offense" Saturday during his press conference.

I do expect the backup to get some snaps.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:32 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Confirmed Giacone is out this year, will be back next season. Chris Garrison and Ben Glines also out for extended time.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby NJM89 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:42 am

Tweets from Vega.

-BC has released its 2-deep for Maine opener Saturday: backup QB is listed as Jeff Smith OR Troy Flutie..
-BC's starting offensive line: LT, Dave Bowen; LG, Jon Baker; C, Frank Taylor; RG, Harris Williams; RT Jim Cashman.
-BC lists 12 true freshmen on 2-deep. Offense: QB Jeff Smith, WRs Elijah Robinson, Michael Walker, K Colton Lichtenberg, LS/LB Jimmy Martin, RG Lindstrom.
-BC's defensive two-deep includes five true frosh: DEs Zach Allen and Wyatt Ray, LB Sharrieff Grice, CBs Taj-Amir Torres and Lukas Denis, SS Williams.
Last edited by NJM89 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby Bunratty on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:59 am

SS Williams ... Do you mean William Harris?
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby NJM89 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:07 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:SS Williams ... Do you mean William Harris?

Sorry forgot the comma, yes William Harris at strong safety.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:18 pm

Jeff Smith is listed before Flutie in today's depth chart, also, Daz says the "savior" will probably get PT against the Maniacs. He doesn't even "acknowledge" flutes the younger. Jeff Smith has moved ahead into the 1A QB position in my book! :chewbanka :chewbanka :cheer :cheer :skank :skank :cheer :cheer :chewbanka :chewbanka
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium