2nd Scrimmage

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2nd Scrimmage

Postby footer20 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Left Tackle: Dave Bowen, JR
- consensus 2 star recruit
- 130 OT (247) and 216 OT (ESPN)
- No other BCS offers

Left Guard: John Baker, SO
- 3/4 star recruit
- 39 OG (247) and 70 OG (ESPN)
- Other offers included Michigan St., Rutgers and UConn

Center: Frank Taylor, JR
- 3/4 star recruit
- 26 OG (247)and 14 OG (ESPN)
- Other offers included Michigan St., Miami, West Virginia, Illinois, Pitt, Purdue, Cuse, NC State, and Rutgers

Right Guard: Harris Williams, SR
- 2/3 star recruit
- 62 OG (247) and 132 OG (ESPN)
- No other BCS offers

Right Tackle: Chris Lindstrom, FR
- 3 star recruit
- 87 OG (247) and 138 OG (ESPN)
- Other offers included UConn and Old Dominion

----

Jim Cashman, JR
- 3 star recruit
- 86 OT (247) and 112 OT (ESPN)
- Other offers include Ped St. Michigan St, Miami, UVA, Iowa, Duke, Cincy, Vandy, Maryalnd, UNC, NC St, Northwestern, Rutgers, Pitt

Jim Cashman and Frank Taylor were massive O-line recruits.
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:39 pm

footer20 {l Wrote}:Left Tackle: Dave Bowen, JR
- No other BCS offers

- 3/4 star recruit

- 3/4 star recruit
- Other offers included Michigan St., Miami, West Virginia, Illinois, Pitt, Purdue, Cuse, NC State, and Rutgers

- 2/3 star recruit
- No other BCS offers

- 3 star recruit

----

Jim Cashman, JR
- 3 star recruit
- Other offers include Ped St. Michigan St, Miami, UVA, Iowa, Duke, Cincy, Vandy, Maryalnd, UNC, NC St, Northwestern, Rutgers, Pitt

Harris Williams was committed to Stanford at one point, so I don't think it's accurate that he didn't have other offers.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:42 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
- No other BCS offers

- 3/4 star recruit

- 3/4 star recruit

- 2/3 star recruit
- No other BCS offers

- 3 star recruit

----

Jim Cashman, JR
- 3 star recruit

Harris Williams was committed to Stanford at one point, so I don't think it's accurate that he didn't have other offers.

hello 9903
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:51 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:r-e-l-a-x

Yeah, that's the one thing I'm hoping for here. The last two years we went into camp with big question marks on offense and both years they made it work. I'd say in both cases they didn't establish their full identity until few games into the season, but they got there.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:It's not about there being a lack of talent. It's about the fact that every school in the country has trouble building a line from players with zero experience. That's why Williams is so important.

This
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby footer20 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:36 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
- No other BCS offers

- 3/4 star recruit

- 3/4 star recruit

- 2/3 star recruit
- No other BCS offers

- 3 star recruit

----

Jim Cashman, JR
- 3 star recruit

I apologize. 247 listed no offers, but an old article on Stanford's scout page says Stanford, BC, Louisville, and UConn.
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby Bunratty on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:02 pm

Pretty sure Stanford pulled Williams' offer; that's why he ended up at BC.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:34 pm

long way from an elite defense in my mind. the last game they played was against Penn State who was one of the worst offenses in the entire country. Penn State threw for about 4 bills against us. Until BC gets competent cornerbacks this defense cannot be elite. I think Bc will be very good against the run, but any team that has a capable qb who is accurate will eat our lunch. Thnakfully, there is not a ton of that on our schedule. NC St, Clemson(running as well)ND with Zaire, maybe, Louisville and that's it.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:53 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:long way from an elite defense in my mind. the last game they played was against Penn State who was one of the worst offenses in the entire country. Penn State threw for about 4 bills against us. Until BC gets competent cornerbacks this defense cannot be elite. I think Bc will be very good against the run, but any team that has a capable qb who is accurate will eat our lunch. Thnakfully, there is not a ton of that on our schedule. NC St, Clemson(running as well)ND with Zaire, maybe, Louisville and that's it.

Said QB doesn't even need to be overly capable, he just needs a coaching staff willing to throw it 40-50 times a game, balance be damned. Had Sark & USC figured out that they could throw on us any time they wanted and not been so stubborn about running it for 3 quarters, that game would have ended very differently. Franklin and the Pedo's realized it and took advantage.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby L35guy on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:57 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:long way from an elite defense in my mind. the last game they played was against Penn State who was one of the worst offenses in the entire country. Penn State threw for about 4 bills against us. Until BC gets competent cornerbacks this defense cannot be elite. I think Bc will be very good against the run, but any team that has a capable qb who is accurate will eat our lunch. Thnakfully, there is not a ton of that on our schedule. NC St, Clemson(running as well)ND with Zaire, maybe, Louisville and that's it.

Agree 100%.. and I'd put FSU in the group of teams that can pick our secondary apart. Golson's or Maguire's medicority aside, they have WRs who can probably have a field day on us (not to mention a fast, shifty RB, who will undoubtedly be reinstated after his acquittal of assault).
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:12 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:

Said QB doesn't even need to be overly capable, he just needs a coaching staff willing to throw it 40-50 times a game, balance be damned. Had Sark & USC figured out that they could throw on us any time they wanted and not been so stubborn about running it for 3 quarters, that game would have ended very differently. Franklin and the Pedo's realized it and took advantage.

I watched the immortal John Wofford and all that talent Wake had last year pick apart this defense.

I think a few things might change this. We have a ton of depth on the DLine this year. They'll rotate lineman, which will keep them fresh late in the game (when we had the issues last year). Getting rid of last year's CBs (I liked Asprilla but he couldn't cover at all one in one) will also help.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:10 pm

Like 90 percent of you gobble penises. Just saying.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:13 pm

The game is all about getting pressure on the QB from the dline. If that happens this D can be elite. Our DB's and CB's will be better, but getting to the QB is the key to really improving the defense. Against the better teams you need to score 30 plus points to win anyway and the offense will need to step up if we are going to upset anybody this year.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:28 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

I watched the immortal John Wofford and all that talent Wake had last year pick apart this defense.

I think a few things might change this. We have a ton of depth on the DLine this year. They'll rotate lineman, which will keep them fresh late in the game (when we had the issues last year). Getting rid of last year's CBs (I liked Asprilla but he couldn't cover at all one in one) will also help.

My point is more that Don Brown has elite personnel. What he actually does with that is on him (much like how BC's records under Spazoo greatly underperformed the talent on the team).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:48 pm

The secondary is legit, they can cover and are good in run support. They aren't the Spaz like slow white boy DBs that BC fans are used to seeing. From what I saw on Saturday, the smurf-like, sluggish secondary of years past is quite extinct. :chewbanka :koolaid :chewbanka
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:05 pm

I agree with the unassailable statement that last year's team couldn't stop the pass. But as pointed out, there was a two fold cause- piss poor pass rush and bad cover corners. The most maddening thing for me last year was the high 3rd down conversation pct we allowed. If the DL develops a decent pass rush, you will see that change, and change dramatically. If they are better than decent, the half full crowd will be vindicated.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby L35guy on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:28 am

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:The secondary is legit, they can cover and are good in run support. They aren't the Spaz like slow white boy DBs that BC fans are used to seeing. From what I saw on Saturday, the smurf-like, sluggish secondary of years past is quite extinct. :chewbanka :koolaid :chewbanka

Agree 100%..Hopefully, the slow, white boy DBs of the last few years are gone for good. Hell, I'd be happy if we never have another white DB (or WR for that matter). How many 4/5 star DBs are white? How many white DBs are in the NFL? I rest my case.
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:08 am

DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:41 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:

This. Defense is going to be good, and it is going to stay good with added depth.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:55 am

Bunratty {l Wrote}:Pretty sure Stanford pulled Williams' offer; that's why he ended up at BC.

True
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:30 am

We've moved beyond 10-2 season to 'downgrade all of our players' season I see
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:41 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:We've moved beyond 10-2 season to 'downgrade all of our players' season I see

the 2nd scrimmage always sucks and leads to this part of the season. being surprised by "downgrade all of our players season" is like being surprised by an eyeful of man-meat when you follow one of my links
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:42 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:We've moved beyond 10-2 season to 'downgrade all of our players' season I see

the 2nd scrimmage always sucks and leads to this part of the season. being surprised by "downgrade all of our players season" is like being surprised by an eyeful of man-meat when you follow one of my links

Do you have any supporting material to back this up?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:r-e-l-a-x

here's what daz said after last year's second scrimmage:

"We had nine turnovers. We don't do that at Boston College. Nine turnovers. For me, it just starts and ends right there. We don't turn the ball over.

Do you think the turnovers and drops were a lack of concentration?
"It is now an emphasis. There will be an extremely bright light on that situation as an emphasis. I'm not going to tolerate any more dropped balls. I'm not going to tolerate any more fumbles and I never did, but we are going to be extremely hyper focused now."

As you get into the final week of preparation before game week, will there be another scrimmage like this?
"Yes there will. I told them we were going again on Wednesday. We are not game ready. That's the way it's going to go. We can't do what we did today."
Yes we will. I keep going. We have to win the war. We need to get this fixed. This is not who we are. We don't do that. It's not okay. The sun doesn't shine, food doesn't very good.

"The backs were okay. Tyler (Rouse) had a really nice run for a touchdown. I thought a couple of the younger guys ran hard at times. We're still young back there. We're missing some cuts and things but it was certainly adequate. It was above the line. It wasn't great. It wasn't bad. It was okay. We missed a couple of perimeter blocks and a couple screens

no - i do not have any materials to back up my assertion about the 2nd scrimmage always sucking
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:46 am

You idiot, I had set you up to put in a link to a "relevant piece of evidence" and then it actually be a gay bestiality goatse picture.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:46 am

WE NEED TO GET INTO MID SEASON FORM HERE!
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:48 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:You idiot, I had set you up to put in a link to a "relevant piece of evidence" and then it actually be a gay bestiality goatse picture.

you idiot... we needed one more exchange before going to the naked swordfight. unlike your male relationships formed at the eagle in atlanta, things have a cadence other than simply jumping to a tube steak smothered in underwear
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:53 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:You idiot, I had set you up to put in a link to a "relevant piece of evidence" and then it actually be a gay bestiality goatse picture.

you idiot... we needed one more exchange before going to the naked swordfight. unlike your male relationships formed at the eagle in atlanta, things have a cadence other than simply jumping to a tube steak smothered in underwear

I fail to see what one more exchange would have done to build for the set up. Asking "Really?" Is just filler and throws timing off.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:56 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I fail to see what one more exchange would have done to build for the set up. Asking "Really?" Is just filler and throws timing off.

really?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:39 am

Don't forget my chicks with dicks.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium