2015 Preseason Prediction Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 Preseason Prediction Thread

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:25 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I had the close game at halftime. Does my analysis not count?

IT SURE DOES. You special snowflake you.

dt, acknowledge epstein. his self-esteem demands it.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:32 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I had the close game at halftime. Does my analysis not count?

Very sorry, eepstein. With 47 submissions and like 30 people offering witty commentary with each prediction, not everyone can be included. I didn't want to discount this gem: "Slow start leads to a close game at halftime, but BC runs for 300+ yards in the end and wins going away. Maine hits BC with one trick play. This will look like the Villanova game a couple years ago."

With that said, not to get into too much of a power trip, but my thread my rules. And I'm officially instituting a karma-like rule where if you complain about your comment not being included in the weekly summary your comment for the next week will automatically be excluded as well as a punishment.

:screamyeagle :pickle :screamyeagle :pickle :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:38 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Very sorry, eepstein. With 47 submissions and like 30 people offering witty commentary with each prediction, not everyone can be included. I didn't want to discount this gem: "Slow start leads to a close game at halftime, but BC runs for 300+ yards in the end and wins going away. Maine hits BC with one trick play. This will look like the Villanova game a couple years ago."

With that said, not to get into too much of a power trip, but my thread my rules. And I'm officially instituting a karma-like rule where if you complain about your comment not being included in the weekly summary your comment for the next week will automatically be excluded as well as a punishment.

this kind of change in the rules after the contest has already started is something i can get behind. good on you, walrus. keep you your tyrant lite attitude and approach
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:31 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

this kind of change in the rules after the contest has already started is something i can get behind. good on you, walrus. keep you your tyrant lite attitude and approach

Getting behind it with your words, but clearly not with your karma...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:33 am

karma begging doesn't usually work out among this group of asshats
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:34 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:karma begging doesn't usually work out among this group of asshats

Haha. I'm more comfortable in the red anyway.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:25 pm

WEEK 2: BC 76 - Howard 0
Preseason Board Predictions - 100% predicted BC would win.
Winners: Nobody!
Losers: Anyone who witnessed any portion of the game.
Prediction Highlights:
There were many, many predictions that fit some variation of "blowout" or "boring" and a few racially derived jokes along the way, but I don't have the energy to reproduce them here. Regardless, we get it. A few I did like:
- Well done DickRosenthal, with: "As it turns out, while black lives may matter, historically black colleges football teams do not matter and we lay 50+ on DC's best football team." Bonus points for the timely Maryland dig.
- mod6A went over my head, with: "watch for their trick play "hotdogs and donuts," but I'll post it anyway.
- EagleNYC wins the accuracy prediction with the unlikely "we put up 60 points"
- The Most Shameful Prediction Award is split equally by hansen and hinghameagle with "we start slow for the second straight week" and "BC 30- Howard 13. Sloppy game. Offense regresses. A few turnovers. Lot of action in Bc backfield as BC Oline looks shaky. One score game at halftime. Hilliman ends with about 170." respectively.
- And finally, EagleDave with "[Fuck this game] too...with a lead pipe.

WEEK 2 PRESEASON PREDICTION STANDINGS:
2-0 Everybody!

Week 2 Actual Win-Loss Record Vs. Predicted Win-Loss Record
100% Predicted 2-0

Next Week's Preseason Prediction Preview: Florida State Seminoles at Boston College Eagles
A robust 74% preseason predicted FSU to win.

:screamyeagle :lame :screamyeagle :lame :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:38 pm

I just missed on this one. Worst team I have ever seen live at Alumni in 35 years.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:29 pm

I had no idea tha Howard's football team was worse than the smell of hot garbage.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:32 am

Mmmm, feasting on shame!
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:24 pm

WEEK 3: FSU 14 - BC 0
Preseason Board Predictions - 74% correctly predicted disappointment. The board is now 3-0 on preseason predictions this year!
Winners: The majority of the intelligent wet rags on this board.
Losers: vegasEagle, DickRosenthal, BCMurt09, claver, mod6A, 25GeraldRd, StratEagle, EagleNYC, durkcal, 31southst, hinghameagle, and dtwalrus

WEEK 3 INDIVIDUAL PREDICTION HIGHLIGHTS:
First, the losers:
- hinghameagle started off so strong, before going so wrong with "This is the game if we find out whether BC's defense is for real. And for the day it is. Bc's offense struggles all day."
- StratEagle only too optimistic with an otherwise accurate: "This one is all about Wade's development through the first 2. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt."
- 25GeraldRd also gets halfway there with "BC Defense shuts down a FSU offense still searching for an identity (and without Jameis to bail them out), and the BC passing-game shows a few new wrinkles. Alumni is stormed for the second year in a row."
- DickRosenthal can be forgiven for overestimating the turnover margin, "Everett Golson is no Heisman Trophy winner like Malik Zaire and the eight TOs he commits in this game allow us a sequel to last seasons prison raping of USC."
- dtwalrus with the least accurate prediction of the week, with "BC with an effective passing attack playing off the run! Wade = MVP. Defense makes Golson look bad. Another USC-like marquee win. Fans getting amped."
Now for the jerkface winners:
- CorporalFunishment you must be so pleased with yourself: "offense can't do much"
- TREis sooooo smart with his prediction: "with the first game being played at actual college football speed the defense finds themselves on their heels for a handful of quick scores."
- DavidGordonsFoot what a boring, reasonable and level-headed prediction: "This is asking too much of a youth-laden team. I don't think it will be close."
- footer20 Blah, blah, blah : "Defense plays well enough to keep us in it and the running game is strong but the offense just doesn't make enough plays to pull out the victories. The Howard/Maine scrimmages weren't enough preparation."
- 2014Eagle ...ok, he was just accurate: "The game is close at half, slipping away by the end of the 3rd and FSU wins by two scores."
And those of you that technically won, but were WRONG:
- EagleDave, ha, you were so far off, just way off with "All the "Noles are rebuilding" chatter clouds the fact that BC hasn't played a snap against a team with a pulse...beatdown ensues."
- hansen takes the public shame for all of you -- and there were many -- saying speed would be the difference: "too much SEC speed but close enough for the media to give us a moral victory"
- BCEagles, no credit! "I say 17-27, with a good showing in a big home game."
- capecod13: I don't know you and your predictions are terrible: "reverse beatdown"
(sorry, this one left me angry and bitter)

WEEK 3 PRESEASON PREDICTION STANDINGS:
3-0: AdamBC, BCSUPERFAN22, MilitantEagle, capecod13, tallsy, lawrat, AtlEagle, IgnacioA26er, EndlessMike, commavegarage, ckoub01, Salzano14, gallopingghost, MattTheEagle, 2014Eagle, b0mberMan, bcshater, footer20, hansen, DavdGordonsFoot, jhiggi02, twballgame9, L35guy, BrooklynEagle, BCEagles255, EagleDav, eepstein0, eagle33, eagle9903, TRE, eagletx, Iggle, rktbrkr, CorporalFunishment, and HustlinOwl
2-1: vegasEagle, DickRosenthal, BCMurt09, claver, mod6A, 25GeraldRd, StratEagle, EagleNYC, durkcal, 31southst, hinghameagle, and dtwalrus

WEEK 3 ACTUAL WIN-LOSS vs. PREDICTED WIN-LOSS RECORD
26% Predicted 3-0
74% Predicted 2-1
0% Predicted 1-2
0% Predicted 0-3

WEEK 4 PRESEASON PREDICTION PREVIEW: Northern Illinois Huskies at Boston College Eagles
66% preseason predicted a BC victory! I wonder how many here would like a take-back...

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Ever since Nick won custody of Pedro's chalupa during their divorce, this has been the best weekly feature on this damn board.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:21 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Ever since Nick won custody of Pedro's chalupa during their divorce, this has been the best weekly feature on this damn board.

why would you lie about something as trivial as this????

it's good that all of us now know that lying hansen never tells the truth about anything
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:51 pm

does this mean that all these times he did not in fact respekt anyone?
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:48 pm

WEEK 4: BOSTON COLLEGE defeats NORTHERN ILLINOIS (17-14)
Preseason Board Predictions - 66% correctly preseason predicted a BC victory! A lot fewer probably would have if they'd known Troy Flutie would be starting. Regardless, the board is now 4-0 on preseason predictions this year!
Losers: mod6A, 25GeraldRd, StratEagle, durkcal, hinghameagle, MattTheEagle, DavidGordonsFoot, twballgame9, BCEagles25, eepstein, eagle33, TRE, eagletx, Iggle, rktbrkr, and Hustlin Owl

WEEK 4 INDIVIDUAL PREDICTION HIGHLIGHTS:
Predictions of the Week:
- TRE, even in a losing effort, with "boneheaded playcalling/clock management costs us the game in the 4th. assholes like tre and others not on the "daz is the greatest coach of all time" bus point to a common gripe from seasons past. the bitter bitches are told to shut up... it's better than spaz"
- hansen with "Epstein and crew find plenty to bitch about in a win both during/after the game"

Now for the other losers:
- StratEagle can't be blamed for "WTF game of the year," a sentiment mirrored by hinghameagle, just in a lot fewer words...
- DavidGordonsFoot, joined by 25GeraldRd, mod6A and BCEagles25, all thought the same thing: "CSU all over again."
- mod6A wasn't necessarily wrong with "this game will suck for us."
- rktbrkr couldn't have been closer with "Shaky OL and QB situation make a difference"
- eepstein0 was half-very wrong and half-very right: "Mobile and accurate QB dooms a still pretty meh secondary. EO goes into meltdown mode."

Now for the winners:
- DickRosenthal with "Fuck DeKalb and fuck the MAC, we win a close one."
- dtwalrus started off on the right track with "Daz's theme of closing and not letting opportunity slip away a la CSU pays off. Team pounds N.Illinois. Not even close."
- BCSUPERFAN22 gets zero points for "Travel to BC a week after getting doors blown off @ tOSU, BC wins easy."
- AdamBC will get the glory for a very common theme, with "Way too close, but a win."
- AtlEagle is likely on the right track, but for all the wrong reasons with "Turning point in the season."

WEEK 4 PRESEASON PREDICTION STANDINGS:
4-0: capecod13, tallsy, lawrat, AtlEagle, IgnacioA26er, EndlessMike, commavegarage, ckoub01, Salzano14, gallopingghost, 2014Eagle, b0mberMan, bcshater, footer20, hansen, jhiggi02, L35guy, BrooklynEagle, EagleDav, eagle9903, CorporalFunishment, and 31southst
3-1: AdamBC, MilitantEagle, BCSUPERFAN22, vegasEagle, BCEagles25, BCMurt09, MattTheEagle, EagleNYC, claver, TRE, eepstein0, eagle33, eagletx, hinghameagle, rktbrkr, Iggle, DavdGordonsFoot, HustlinOwl, DickRosenthal, twballgame9 and dtwalrus
2-2: StratEagle, mod6A, durkcal, and 25GeraldRd -- the shameful few who predicted an FSU upset, followed by an NIU letdown...

WEEK 4 ACTUAL WIN-LOSS vs. PREDICTED WIN-LOSS RECORD
19% Predicted 4-0
55% Predicted 3-1
26% Predicted 2-2
0% Predicted 1-3
0% Predicted 0-4

WEEK 5 PRESEASON PREDICTION PREVIEW: Boston College Eagles (3-1, 0-0) vs. Duke Blue Devils (3-1, 1-0)
A slim 53% majority preseason predicted a BC victory, probably on the strength of a developing Wade and a dominant Hilliman...

:screamyeagle :violin :screamyeagle :violin :screamyeagle
Last edited by dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:49 pm

I suspect that with all the injuries this thread is going to start becoming a lot less relevant / interesting...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:49 pm

NIU was my first loss. 3-1
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:NIU was my first loss. 3-1

In-doodly-deedly! Misread the spreadsheet. A little tougher this year with 47 entries instead of last years 17 or so... :bag
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Yeah, you are misguided by the Duck Dynasty, but this thread is awesome.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Yeah, you are misguided by the Duck Dynasty, but this thread is awesome.

Duck Dynasty is a solid nickname. I mean, I fully expect something better to come along before his Heisman acceptance speech, but it'll do for now.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby L35guy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:31 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Yeah, you are misguided by the Duck Dynasty, but this thread is awesome.

I'm just glad Flutie quaked the starting rotation. Although he can't fly like Smith, his throws aren't nearly as fowl.

And Duck Dynasty is a solid nickname

So, you're saying it's Duck Dynasty's show from here on out and Smith is just a "decoy"? I hope he doesn't get "breasted out" by the Duke defense.
L35guy
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:02 pm

These jokes are terrible and denigrate my wonderful new gimmick.

I laughed.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:07 pm

jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:
L35guy {l Wrote}:
jhiggi02 {l Wrote}:

I'm just glad Flutie quaked the starting rotation. Although he can't fly like Smith, his throws aren't nearly as fowl.

And Duck Dynasty is a solid nickname

So, you're saying it's Duck Dynasty's show from here on out and Smith is just a "decoy"? I hope he doesn't get "breasted out" by the Duke defense.

Whether Smtih be a decoy or a mere ducking, the o-line acts like a brace on Saturday and Flutie waddles out of Wallace Wade stadium with a win. Thus Flutie will have yet another feather to stick in his cap while TW will continue to crow about the depth chart.

This alliteration reeks of nerdification.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:These jokes are terrible and denigrate my wonderful new gimmick.

I laughed.

it's not like this place to drive a new gimmick into the ground and ruin it well before it reaches it's true potential.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:These jokes are terrible and denigrate my wonderful new gimmick.

I laughed.

it's not like this place to drive a new gimmick into the ground and ruin it well before it reaches it's true potential.

Too bad AC isn't here to be my illustrator.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:53 pm

I laughed.

Yeah. I mean if that were the case, Roethlesberger would have posted a response to the already.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:55 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I laughed.

Yeah. I mean if that were the case, Roethlesberger would have posted a response to the already.

He's out 4-6 weeks
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:59 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I laughed.

He's out 4-6 weeks

shouldn't that give him more time to post?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:00 pm

Can Mike Vick get on here and explain a joke three threads below this one and on Dukes message board then?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:08 pm

Do I have to post my fantasy roster in my signature now?
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium