2015 Preseason Prediction Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2015 PRESEASON PREDICTION THREAD

Postby MattTheEagle on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:47 pm

W - Sep. 5 - Maine
W - Sep. 12 - Howard
L - Sep. 18 - FSU
L - Sep. 26 - N. Illinois
W - Oct. 3 - @ Duke
W - Oct. 10 - Wake Forest
L - Oct. 17 - @ Clemson
L - Oct. 24 - @ Louisville
W - Oct. 31 - VaTech
W - Nov. 7 - NCST
L - Nov. 21 - @* Notre Dame
W- Nov. 28 - @ Syracuse

W - Military Bowl vs. ECU

Final Record: 8-5 (5-3)
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:25 pm

W - Sep. 5 - Maine- A sluggish first half leaves it close at half, with our talent kicking in during the 3rd quarter and winning by a comfortable amount.
W - Sep. 12 - Howard- We control the game from start to finish.
L - Sep. 18 - FSU- The game is close at half, slipping away by the end of the 3rd and FSU wins by two scores.
W - Sep. 26 - N. Illinois- Reminiscent of the CSU game last year, except we pull this one out.
W - Oct. 3 - @ Duke- The small stadium down in Durham feels like home and the Eagles win in a close one.
W - Oct. 10 - Wake Forest- The easiest win in conference play despite a second half scare, and the bye week can't come soon enough at this point.
L - Oct. 17 - @ Clemson- BC starts out hot, feeding off the Death Valley energy. Clemson then turns it on and runs away with it in the second Q.
L - Oct. 24 - @ Louisville - Two consecutive weeks of travel against two tough teams means this game is never as close as it felt.
L - Oct. 31 - VaTech- VT finally snaps the losing streak against us and doubts about a bowl appearance are gaining legitimacy
W - Nov. 7 - NCST- The Eagles pull one out after dominating the line of scrimmage all game and a few flashy plays from the underclassmen.
W - Nov. 21 - @* Notre Dame- BC comes out roaring in the throwbacks and pummels ND in the road game just 5 mi away from campus
L- Nov. 28 - @ Syracuse- Thanksgiving, a big ND win, and dreams of a big bowl game distract the young team and they stumble agains Cuse, leaving us with yet another 7-5 regular season and another trip to the Pinstripe Bowl.

W - Pinstripe Bowl v Northwestern- BC gets their first bowl win under Addazio

Final W-L- 8-5
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby capecod13 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:11 pm

W - Sep. 5 - Maine - closer then it should be
W- Sep. 12 - Howard - beat down
L - Sep. 18 - FSU - reverse beatdown
W- Sep. 26 - N. Illinois - anti CST game, win in the last drive
W - Oct. 3 - @ Duke - I'm going to this game so we have to win
W - Oct. 10 - Wake Forest - Ugly
L - Oct. 17 - @ Clemson - I'm going to this game but we can't win
L - Oct. 24 - @ Louisville - closer then this board seems to think
W- Oct. 31 - VaTech - Screw VT
L - Nov. 7 - NCST - UGH! EO melts down
W - Nov. 21 - @* Notre Dame - team rebounds to crush the frauds
W - Nov. 28 - @ Syracuse - I'm going to this game so we have to win

W __bad Bowl vs. bad team (8-4 record doesn't matter ACC sends us to the worst bowl they can) - in front of 7 people, Daz gets his first of many bowl wins!!!

Final Record: 9-4 ( 4-4 )
capecod13
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:34 am

u]PREDICTION TEMPLATE[/u]
W/L - Sep. 5 - Maine - W (optional witty commentary)
W/L - Sep. 12 - Howard - W
W/L - Sep. 18 - FSU - L
W/L - Sep. 26 - N. Illinois - W
W/L - Oct. 3 - @ Duke - W
W/L - Oct. 10 - Wake Forest - W
W/L - Oct. 17 - @ Clemson - L
W/L - Oct. 24 - @ Louisville - L
W/L - Oct. 31 - VaTech -W
W/L - Nov. 7 - NCST - W
W/L - Nov. 21 - @* Notre Dame -L
W/L - Nov. 28 - @ Syracuse -W
W/L - _______ Bowl vs. _BC______ - W
Final Record: __8 - 5__ ( _5_ - 3__ )
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:08 pm

W/L - Sep. 5 - Maine - W (We play a half-assed game but still pull it out)
W/L - Sep. 12 - Howard - W (As it turns out, while black lives may matter, historically black colleges football teams do not matter and we lay 50+ on DC's best football team)
W/L - Sep. 18 - FSU - W (Everett Golson is no Heisman Trophy winner like Malik Zaire and the eight TOs he commits in this game allow us a sequel to last seasons prison raping of USC)
W/L - Sep. 26 - N. Illinois - W (Fuck DeKalb and fuck the MAC, we win a close one)
W/L - Oct. 3 - @ Duke - W (Ben Folds plays The Battle of Who Could Care Less at halftime in tribute to both fan bases and we win as David Cutcliffe suffers his elenty billionth heart attack)
W/L - Oct. 10 - Wake Forest - W (We drop the hammer on the Deacs in front of at least 40K excited fans there to see an Eagle team knocking on the Top 15)
W/L - Oct. 17 - @ Clemson - W (After Notre Dame completely annihilates Clemson on national television in Death Valley, Dabo and company go into a tailspin and good old Backup College reaps the benefits)
W/L - Oct. 24 - @ Louisville -W (Bobbie Petrino gets caught fucking a ball girl on an ATV after he crashes and is paralyzed for life. We beat a program in disarray)
W/L - Oct. 31 - VaTech -W (Frank Beamer has passed the Bobbie Bowden/JoePa/Woody Hayes point of perpetual confusion)
W/L - Nov. 7 - NCST - W (We beat the Wuffies by 35+ setting up the most anticipated match up in 23 years)
W/L - Nov. 21 - @* Notre Dame -L (I was there the last time an undefeated BC team played an Top 10 ND team and the result will be the same, ND 54 BC 7. Congratulations to the 2015 National Champions)
W/L - Nov. 28 - @ Syracuse -L (Because if we won we'd make a legacy BCS bowl and that simply cannot happen).

The Carquest Bowl will be resurrected at the very last minute and we will pummel whoever the 2015 equivalent of 1993's UVA--maybe Arizona (they are a bunch of choke artists) or Ole Miss (a historically 4th rate program that even BC can look down on historically).

And then a meteor hits Earth and you all f***ing die while I survive in a well-equipped bomb shelter five miles below the Earth's surface Victoria's Secret Models and reserved for people who make seven figure gifts to Notre Dame, despite not attending there (in my heart I was always there and free from you bunch of losers). Go Irish!
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:36 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:W/L - Sep. 5 - Maine - W (We play a half-assed game but still pull it out)
W/L - Sep. 12 - Howard - W (As it turns out, while black lives may matter, historically black colleges football teams do not matter and we lay 50+ on DC's best football team)
W/L - Sep. 18 - FSU - W (Everett Golson is no Heisman Trophy winner like Malik Zaire and the eight TOs he commits in this game allow us a sequel to last seasons prison raping of USC)
W/L - Sep. 26 - N. Illinois - W (Fuck DeKalb and fuck the MAC, we win a close one)
W/L - Oct. 3 - @ Duke - W (Ben Folds plays The Battle of Who Could Care Less at halftime in tribute to both fan bases and we win as David Cutcliffe suffers his elenty billionth heart attack)
W/L - Oct. 10 - Wake Forest - W (We drop the hammer on the Deacs in front of at least 40K excited fans there to see an Eagle team knocking on the Top 15)
W/L - Oct. 17 - @ Clemson - W (After Notre Dame completely annihilates Clemson on national television in Death Valley, Dabo and company go into a tailspin and good old Backup College reaps the benefits)
W/L - Oct. 24 - @ Louisville -W (Bobbie Petrino gets caught fucking a ball girl on an ATV after he crashes and is paralyzed for life. We beat a program in disarray)
W/L - Oct. 31 - VaTech -W (Frank Beamer has passed the Bobbie Bowden/JoePa/Woody Hayes point of perpetual confusion)
W/L - Nov. 7 - NCST - W (We beat the Wuffies by 35+ setting up the most anticipated match up in 23 years)
W/L - Nov. 21 - @* Notre Dame -L (I was there the last time an undefeated BC team played an Top 10 ND team and the result will be the same, ND 54 BC 7. Congratulations to the 2015 National Champions)
W/L - Nov. 28 - @ Syracuse -L (Because if we won we'd make a legacy BCS bowl and that simply cannot happen).

The Carquest Bowl will be resurrected at the very last minute and we will pummel whoever the 2015 equivalent of 1993's UVA--maybe Arizona (they are a bunch of choke artists) or Ole Miss (a historically 4th rate program that even BC can look down on historically).

And then a meteor hits Earth and you all f***ing die while I survive in a well-equipped bomb shelter five miles below the Earth's surface Victoria's Secret Models and reserved for people who make seven figure gifts to Notre Dame, despite not attending there (in my heart I was always there and free from you bunch of losers). Go Irish!

Aiming for the Red Lantern jersey, I see. I didn't think the template needed instructions...

Also, and not entirely unrelated, posts and predictions can be updated as August progresses (and Flutie rises up the depth chart). Everything's getting locked in Friday before gameday.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:58 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:W/L - Oct. 3 - @ Duke - W (Ben Folds plays The Battle of Who Could Care Less at halftime in tribute to both fan bases

In a post that was outstanding from top to bottom, i pick this as my favorite highlight
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:43 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:W/L - Oct. 3 - @ Duke - W (Ben Folds plays The Battle of Who Could Care Less at halftime in tribute to both fan bases

In a post that was outstanding from top to bottom, i pick this as my favorite highlight

Hey TRE, I could care less what your favorite highlight was.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:19 am

It's a fantastic post other than the fact that if BC loses only to ND and Cuse and beats Clemson and FSU, the losing to Cuse has no impact on their BCS bowl hopes - the missing ACCCG will determine that regardless of whether they win or lose against Cuse.

Otherwise, thoroughly enjoyable and hope it comes true.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:21 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:W/L - Sep. 5 - Maine - W (We play a half-assed game but still pull it out)

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:53 am

For those of you still researching your predictions, USAToday released their FBS rankings today.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /31820541/

Here's where BC stacks up amongst this year's opponents:
#12. FSU
#13. Clemson
#20. VaTech
#21. Notre Dame
#26. Louisville
#36. Duke
#39. N. Illinois
#44. NCST
#70. Boston College
#88. Syracuse
#116. Wake Forest

Some other notable teams ranked ahead of us:
Air Force, Rice, East Carolina, Houston, Bowling Green, Louisiana-Lafayette, Temple, Western Michigan, Georgia Southern, Toledo, Louisiana Tech, Navy, San Diego State, Utah State, Marshall, Western Kentucky, Memphis, and UConn.

Observations:
1) This week the LA Times admitted that they adjusted their Notre Dame rank to release the Notre Dame preview on Sunday, just for readership. http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-top ... olumn.html We all know this happens, but it's interesting to see it admitted so openly. Which leads me to...

2) USA Today's readership is decidedly "Middle America" and I think these rankings very clearly reflect that, with the inflation of smaller schools and G5 teams clearly aimed at circulation and page-views.

3) Jesus-Fucking-Christ. #70! NCST at #44! It isn't just that we're not at the top of the ACC according to these rankings, we're not even remotely competitive!

4) If you're too lazy to click over, other highlights include: Kansas at #124 (lowest P5) just barely behind Vanderbilt at #121. UMass managed #109 (Whipple!!!). In the ACC we rank 11th, ahead of only Syracuse, Wake and UVa (#99), but we did rank higher than old foes Rutgers (#76) and Maryland (#71).

For what it's worth, I don't really get worked up over these kinds of things and I'm clearly not adjusting my 10-3 prediction based on this. It's just going to make it all the more satisfying when BC does shock the world!

:screamyeagle :lame :screamyeagle :lame :screamyeagle
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:29 am

Just flooding you guys with this stuff now!

SBNation's FBS Preseason Rankings:
#17. FSU
#20. Notre Dame
#22. Louisville
#24. Clemson
#25. VaTech
#45. NCST
#60. Duke
#69. Boston College
#78. N. Illinois *** WHAT NOW, PUNKS ***
#98. Wake Forest
#99. Syracuse *** ouch, below Wake ***

At least in these the ACC as a whole is more universally disrespected and BC is less obviously junk. Six SEC teams, five Pac-12 teams, three Big 12 teams, and two BIG teams are ranked ahead of the highest ranked ACC team.

Absolutely astonished that an 8-5 (3-5) NCST who lost to absolutely every ACC team with a pulse by at least 10pts is ranked so far ahead of a 9-4 (5-3) Duke team who played everyone hard last year, including beating GT, losing by 1 to VT and almost beating Arizona State in a bowl. I know they're looking for a new QB, but -- and I can't believe we've gotten to the point that I'm saying this -- that is some serious preseason disrespect for the Blue Devils.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby 25GeraldRd on Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:49 am

W - Sep. 5 - Maine (O-Line looks shaky and we hardly pass, but the D suffocates and our RBs make guys miss)
W - Sep. 12 - Howard - (see above)
W - Sep. 18 - FSU (BC Defense shuts down a FSU offense still searching for an identity (and without Jameis to bail them out), and the BC passing-game shows a few new wrinkles. Alumni is stormed for the second year in a row)
L - Sep. 26 - N. Illinois - (a talented veteran team beats BC in the 4th quarter in a game eerily reminiscent of the Colorado State meltdown)
L - Oct. 3 - @ Duke - (in Wade's first road game he makes a few mental mistakes on passes and the zone read, and the Defense keeps it close but fails to make the big play)
W - Oct. 10 - Wake Forest - (roll the Deacs in Chestnut Hill after the message board chatter gets restless)
L - Oct. 17 - @ Clemson - (Wade again rattled by Death Valley and Clemson bottles up the offense, Defense can't contain the ACC's best player in Deshaun Watson)
W - Oct. 24 - @ Louisville - (D rebounds with a staunch showing, and Wade's passing and offensive command grows with each game; our RB stable carries us to a needed road upset)
W - Oct. 31 - VaTech - (the "Fire Beamer" chorus grows louder as BC D dominates another weak VA Tech O)
W - Nov. 7 - NCST - (BC runs all over NC State, and Hilliman has some Andre-esque runs shaking guys off of him)
L - Nov. 21 - @* Notre Dame - (ND gets the "home field" calls and wins in a controversial nail-biter)
W - Nov. 28 - @ Syracuse -(BC runs it with anger and walk all over the Orange in the Carrier Dome)

Bowl Game - W - Wade has his best performance of the year after a full-season under his belt and a month off to rest and prepare.

Final - 9-4
Last edited by 25GeraldRd on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25GeraldRd
Carney Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:40 pm

Ok, at first I thought you guys were just fucking with me, but now I'm not so sure. Why are you nimwits copying "W/L" in front of every prediction but then putting W's and L's after the opponents name? I thought that was self explanatory. Look at how everyone on the first page submitted predictions and copy that. Again, this is work for me to do and now that we've already surpassed the number of predictions from last year its frankly not worth the effort for me to include predictions that don't meet the format.

So once again, this time with instructions:

PREDICTION TEMPLATE
W/L - Sep. 5 - Maine - (optional witty commentary)
W/L - Sep. 12 - Howard -
W/L - Sep. 18 - FSU -
W/L - Sep. 26 - N. Illinois -
W/L - Oct. 3 - @ Duke -
W/L - Oct. 10 - Wake Forest -
W/L - Oct. 17 - @ Clemson -
W/L - Oct. 24 - @ Louisville -
W/L - Oct. 31 - VaTech -
W/L - Nov. 7 - NCST -
W/L - Nov. 21 - @* Notre Dame -
W/L - Nov. 28 - @ Syracuse -
W/L - Dec. 5 - ACCCG vs. _______ -
W/L - _______ Bowl vs. _______ -
W/L - 2015 National Championship Game vs. ________ -
Final Record: __ - __ ( __ - __ )

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Copy the above template into your post. First, use your mouse to highlight the above template. Then copy the information by first locating the CONTROL button on your keyboard (DIPSHIT button if you're on a Mac). Press and hold that CONTROL button while at the same time pressing the letter "C" on your keyboard. This will copy the information. Now click "New Post" and press CONTROL + "V" to paste the template into your blank post.
2. For each game, change "W/L" to either "W" if you believe that BC will win that game, or "L" if you are a dickhole. "W/L" is meant to be read as "Win or Loss" not as...wait, what else are you guys reading that as?
3. For each game, if you so choose, you may enter optional additional predictions, such as "Flute for Heisman talk begins," or "Frank Spaziani returns to BC in glory to lead the Eagles to victory!" by typing those words after the hyphen following each opponent's name. On the template above, you'll see (optional witty banter) following the hyphen in the first column referring to the Maine game. That is where you can enter optional witty banter. Why like 5 people have left "optional witty banter" in their predictions is beyond me.
4. For the ACCCG, Bowl and Final Record lines, use the blank lines that appear as spaces in which to type your predictions. Maybe, if you want to be kind to my OCD, delete the portion of the line you are not using. For instance, don't include "Final Record: __11_ - _1__ (6__-_2_)" because that makes you the worst. If you double click on the _____ you'll notice that it becomes highlighted. At that point you can type you prediction over the ___, replacing them. In that case, your prediction would read "Final Record: 11-1 (6-2)" which is still sufficiently stupid to be staying-true-to-you, but not causing me pain.

(I'm starting to think I need a new hobby, or a therapist.)
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:48 pm

Sorry. I'll re-do mine
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:48 pm

u]PREDICTION TEMPLATE[/u]
W/L - Sep. 5 - Maine - W (optional witty commentary)
W/L - Sep. 12 - Howard - W
W/L - Sep. 18 - FSU - L
W/L - Sep. 26 - N. Illinois - W
W/L - Oct. 3 - @ Duke - W
W/L - Oct. 10 - Wake Forest - W
W/L - Oct. 17 - @ Clemson - L
W/L - Oct. 24 - @ Louisville - L
W/L - Oct. 31 - VaTech -W
W/L - Nov. 7 - NCST - W
W/L - Nov. 21 - @* Notre Dame -L
W/L - Nov. 28 - @ Syracuse -W
W/L - _______ Bowl vs. _BC______ - W
Final Record: __8 - 5__ ( _5_ - 3__ )
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:51 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}: "Flute for Heisman talk begins,"

This sounds like some dumb ass campaign tubasteak is going to promote on BCI.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:04 pm

W- Sep. 5 - Maine
W - Sep. 12 - Howard
W - Sep. 18 - FSU -This one is all about Wade's development through the first 2. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
L - Sep. 26 - N. Illinois -WTF game of the year
W - Oct. 3 - @ Duke
W - Oct. 10 - Wake Forest
L - Oct. 17 - @ Clemson
L - Oct. 24 - @ Louisville
W- Oct. 31 - VaTech
W- Nov. 7 - NCST
L - Nov. 21 - @* Notre Dame
W - Nov. 28 - @ Syracuse

L - Bowl

Final Record: 8-5
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:40 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}: Ok, at first I thought you guys were just fucking with me, but now I'm not so sure. Why are you nimwits copying "W/L" in front of every prediction but then putting W's and L's after the opponents name? I thought that was self explanatory. Look at how everyone on the first page submitted predictions and copy that. Again, this is work for me to do and now that we've already surpassed the number of predictions from last year its frankly not worth the effort for me to include predictions that don't meet the format.

So once again, this time with instructions:

PREDICTION TEMPLATE
W/L - Sep. 5 - Maine - (optional witty commentary)
W/L - Sep. 12 - Howard -
W/L - Sep. 18 - FSU -
W/L - Sep. 26 - N. Illinois -
W/L - Oct. 3 - @ Duke -
W/L - Oct. 10 - Wake Forest -
W/L - Oct. 17 - @ Clemson -
W/L - Oct. 24 - @ Louisville -
W/L - Oct. 31 - VaTech -
W/L - Nov. 7 - NCST -
W/L - Nov. 21 - @* Notre Dame -
W/L - Nov. 28 - @ Syracuse -
W/L - Dec. 5 - ACCCG vs. _______ -
W/L - _______ Bowl vs. _______ -
W/L - 2015 National Championship Game vs. ________ -
Final Record: __ - __ ( __ - __ )

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Copy the above template into your post.

question - could i also quote your post instead of copying your words into a new post? if i do this, do i need to delete all the extraneous words that you typed or can i just follow your format below?

dtwalrus {l Wrote}: First, use your mouse to highlight the above template. Then copy the information by first locating the CONTROL button on your keyboard (DIPSHIT button if you're on a Mac). Press and hold that CONTROL button while at the same time pressing the letter "C" on your keyboard. This will copy the information.

question - could i use the "right click" button on my mouse or touch pad and then choose "copy?"
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Now click "New Post" and press CONTROL + "V" to paste the template into your blank post.

question - could i use the "right click" button on my mouse or touch pad and then choose "paste?"

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:2. For each game, change "W/L" to either "W" if you believe that BC will win that game, or "L" if you are a dickhole. "W/L" is meant to be read as "Win or Loss" not as...wait, what else are you guys reading that as?
3. For each game, if you so choose, you may enter optional additional predictions, such as "Flute for Heisman talk begins," or "Frank Spaziani returns to BC in glory to lead the Eagles to victory!" by typing those words after the hyphen following each opponent's name. On the template above, you'll see (optional witty banter) following the hyphen in the first column referring to the Maine game. That is where you can enter optional witty banter. Why like 5 people have left "optional witty banter" in their predictions is beyond me.

question - did your original post tell us that using the phrase "(option witty banter)" did not qualify as actual witty banter? i couldn't find that anywhere in the post that i read and that caused me confusion because using the phrase "(optional witty banter)" would actually be witty banter. why do you hate witty banter so much?

dtwalrus {l Wrote}: 4. For the ACCCG, Bowl and Final Record lines, use the blank lines that appear as spaces in which to type your predictions. Maybe, if you want to be kind to my OCD, delete the portion of the line you are not using. For instance, don't include "Final Record: __11_ - _1__ (6__-_2_)" because that makes you the worst.

question - which makes you more the worst - leaving underlines in the foretasted record portion of the quote or typing "w" or "l" after the prediction as opposed to before? i'm honestly trying to understand which sin is more mortal for us mere mortals.

dtwalrus {l Wrote}: If you double click on the _____ you'll notice that it becomes highlighted. At that point you can type you prediction over the ___, replacing them. In that case, your prediction would read "Final Record: 11-1 (6-2)" which is still sufficiently stupid to be staying-true-to-you, but not causing me pain.

(I'm starting to think I need a new hobby, or a therapist.)

lastly - i would like to thank you for going through all this in the 2nd annual (and final) walrus prediction thread. it's a thankless job so thanks for not needing to be thanked.

dickhole
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:42 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

i didn't realize that flutie was both #1a on the qb depth chart AND somehow involved in the women's hockey team. which sport gets dinged for his scholarship?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:44 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

i didn't realize that flutie was both #1a on the qb depth chart AND somehow involved in the women's hockey team. which sport gets dinged for his scholarship?

walrus isn't talking about Flutie here
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:51 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

so talking about flutie isn't witty banter either???

walrus, will you please help define what qualifies as witty banter?

THIS IS IMPORTANT
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:58 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

THIS IS IMPORTANT

It was a band joke.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:21 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

THIS IS IMPORTANT

It was a band joke.

i assumed he was being ironic
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:10 pm

If anything, this thread has shown me we need to step up our preseason drills here at EO.

Guys, we're three weeks away from the season starting, and we can't even pill together a decent one- two-punch
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:13 pm

calm down, centerhash
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Salzano14 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:20 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I will have you know that there are no flutes in BC's marching band. Sir. :bringit

Also I'm on the Wade Train.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:53 pm

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:I will have you know that there are no flutes in BC's marching band. Sir. :bring it

I figured you more for a trombone man.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:33 pm

My thread, my rules:

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: question - could i also quote your post instead of copying your words into a new post? if i do this, do i need to delete all the extraneous words that you typed or can i just follow your format below?
No. That is stupid. Why would you even do that? It takes much longer to quote the template and then remove the quote bracket stuff. Just not efficient. (I'm just going to assume that you didn't mean submitting a prediction in quote format, because that's just not ok, obviously.)

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: question - could i use the "right click" button on my mouse or touch pad and then choose "copy?" Now click "New Post" and press CONTROL + "V" to paste the template into your blank post.
Could you, yes. Should you, eh. Maybe a bit too razzle dazzle if you ask me.

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: question - could i use the "right click" button on my mouse or touch pad and then choose "paste?"
Actually, yes, this is in fact the right way to do it. My mistake for the oversight.

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: question - did your original post tell us that using the phrase "(option witty banter)" did not qualify as actual witty banter? i couldn't find that anywhere in the post that i read and that caused me confusion because using the phrase "(optional witty banter)" would actually be witty banter. why do you hate witty banter so much?
1. "(Optional witty banter)" does in fact qualify as witty banter, especially if you are the first person in the thread to submit "(Optional witty banter)" in the optional witty banter section...or if you are the third person, as part of a witty banter running gag. Not, however if you are number 2...or number 4 or beyond, in which case you are just being a bully. Thanks Obama.

2. I like witty banter.

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: question - which makes you more the worst - leaving underlines in the foretasted record portion of the quote or typing "w" or "l" after the prediction as opposed to before? i'm honestly trying to understand which sin is more mortal for us mere mortals.
Tough one, but I'm just going to make a ruling here: including the templates "W/L" for no reason as though you think it's just decorative is worst. But not dealing with the ____'s is still bad. I feel like I want to reserve the right to revisit this decision down the road, however.

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: lastly - i would like to thank you for going through all this in the 2nd annual (and final) walrus prediction thread. it's a thankless job so thanks for not needing to be thanked.

:screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle Dickhole :screamyeagle :screamyeagle :screamyeagle
Last edited by dtwalrus on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:36 pm

JESUS TITTYFUCKING CHRIST, WOULD YOU LEARN TO QUOTE PROPERLY? ITS REALLY NOT THAT HARD!

if walrus quotes this he is admitting he has a small penis.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium