RB situation in critical condition

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

RB situation in critical condition

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:30 am

With Haden transferring (and apparently still injured with an ankle), all eyes are on Finch. However, Finch was unavailable against ND due to flu-like symptons. He now apparently is also out again this week as he is yet to recover (and is now getting blood-work done to determine what's wrong). My understanding is that Jet Smith is mercifully done for his career with another "injury". If Harris isn't 100% (and I don't think he was against ND), who is gonna be the backup? Does the redhisrt get ripped off of Sterling Phifer? Do we give one of our hybrid DBs like Mulrooney a few carries? Does McCluskey get the rock? This is a very difficult situation we are heading into. Where oh where is Eric Reynolds when you need him???
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Re: RB situation in critical condition

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:35 am

OH MY GOD!!!

Montel has to get 25 carries!!!

Holy Ed Marinaro... Holy OJ Simpson....Holy Smokes..

Only kidding...Montel's only problem is he has a bad case of Tiki Barber fumblitis.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:37 am

Not to worry...Danny l will have 4 TDS passes and Topoo Gogio will have Shinairskie in the shotgun throwing all around the lot.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:44 am

HJS {l Wrote}:With Haden transferring (and apparently still injured with an ankle), all eyes are on Finch. However, Finch was unavailable against ND due to flu-like symptons. He now apparently is also out again this week as he is yet to recover (and is now getting blood-work done to determine what's wrong). My understanding is that Jet Smith is mercifully done for his career with another "injury". If Harris isn't 100% (and I don't think he was against ND), who is gonna be the backup? Does the redhisrt get ripped off of Sterling Phifer? Do we give one of our hybrid DBs like Mulrooney a few carries? Does McCluskey get the rock? This is a very difficult situation we are heading into. Where oh where is Eric Reynolds when you need him???

Diamond Ferri.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:45 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:With Haden transferring (and apparently still injured with an ankle), all eyes are on Finch. However, Finch was unavailable against ND due to flu-like symptons. He now apparently is also out again this week as he is yet to recover (and is now getting blood-work done to determine what's wrong). My understanding is that Jet Smith is mercifully done for his career with another "injury". If Harris isn't 100% (and I don't think he was against ND), who is gonna be the backup? Does the redhisrt get ripped off of Sterling Phifer? Do we give one of our hybrid DBs like Mulrooney a few carries? Does McCluskey get the rock? This is a very difficult situation we are heading into. Where oh where is Eric Reynolds when you need him???

Diamond Ferri.

My Christmas Poem hero.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby joemack13 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:45 am

swing pass to mcluskey
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:48 am

Mono?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 am

Did TOB come back to coach the team? Don't forget the FB dive play.

joemack13 {l Wrote}:swing pass to mcluskey
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:00 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Did TOB come back to coach the team? Don't forget the FB dive play.

joemack13 {l Wrote}:swing pass to mcluskey

JM caught 19 passes for 123 yards last year in Logan's offense. He was a great check down option. Of course we all know Uncle Dave doesn't check down.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:02 am

Everyone is freaking out about H1N1 - my company has told me that if any of us, or any of the people we live with, show flu-like symptoms, to stay home until symptom free for 24 hrs. Wonder if this means Finch hasn't been practicing/doing S&C the past couple weeks?
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:02 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Mono?

I've seen guys with mono that only miss a week or two. When I had mono I was on my death bed for a month and a half. Not sure how those guys do it.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby AdamBC on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:14 am

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

I've seen guys with mono that only miss a week or two. When I had mono I was on my death bed for a month and a half. Not sure how those guys do it.

On the east coast, we have doctors who treat us. It works a lot better than everyone in Boise taking Airborne to treat everything.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:20 am

Idaho still relies on leeches to cure mono. If that doesn't work, they drill a hole in your skull.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:24 am

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

That's what happens when you catch mono from this.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:27 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

That's what happens when you catch mono from this.

Two taps to the back of the head should take care of it.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby nsbcfan on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:38 am

Isaac Johnson was one of the best high school running backs in MA in recent years. BC chose him over Jordan Toddman who is now getting some playing time at RB for Connecticut. I say give Johnson a few carries and see what he can do.
nsbcfan
n00b

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:40 am

Seeing as he has played the last two years as a CB I don't really see that as an in-week adjustment.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby nsbcfan on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:49 am

I certainly don't think it is an ideal situation and hopefully Harris remains healthy and this is a non-issue. The question in this thread seems to be about what we could do in a worst case scenario. I would certainly rather have Johnson carrying the football than McClusky.
nsbcfan
n00b

Postby tailgater94 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:52 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Seeing as he has played the last two years as a CB I don't really see that as an in-week adjustment.

Diamond Ferri again
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby joemack13 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:53 am

what's wrong with mcclusky he was great last year
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:34 pm

nsbcfan {l Wrote}:Isaac Johnson was one of the best high school running backs in MA in recent years. BC chose him over Jordan Toddman who is now getting some playing time at RB for Connecticut. I say give Johnson a few carries and see what he can do.

Coaching staff always evaluated Issac Johnson as a corner. They wanted to take Todman as an RB, but couldn't. I think Johnson is not built enough right now to carry the ball, but who know what we'll do if we get really desperate.
Last edited by bignick33 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:45 pm

joemack13 {l Wrote}:what's wrong with mcclusky he was great last year

I take it you did not attend the NCSt game?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:07 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

Fuck! Sucks that teh Mono failed!

In other news, the Ryan Lindsey era needs to begin!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:25 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
nsbcfan {l Wrote}:Isaac Johnson was one of the best high school running backs in MA in recent years. BC chose him over Jordan Toddman who is now getting some playing time at RB for Connecticut. I say give Johnson a few carries and see what he can do.

Coaching staff always evaluated Issac Johnson as a corner. They wanted to take Todman as an RB, but couldn't. I think Johnson is not built enough right now to carry the ball, but who know what we'll do if we get really desperate.

If it came down to a true emergency, you need a guy who knows the plays and assignments over a guy who doesn't. That's probably more important than the physical aspect since many of the aforementioned guys have the same build and/or physicality anyway. A guy who doesn't have a clue what his assignments are on the offensive side is pretty worthless even if he is going to turn out to be Willie "I Smoke Tons of" Green.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Nate Funk and Chris Barnes have been splitting carries in practice to rest Montel.
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:43 pm

What about MacFugger?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:52 pm

This is Spaz's fault.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:14 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

This is Spaz's fault.

I wasn't assigning blame, but since you asked... sure... Spaz being the head coach has an awful lot to do with Haden's transfer. If Logan or Jags was still here, there is no doubt that so would Haden. Whether you believe he handled it well or not, one thing certain is that Spaz's handling of the situation is what prompted the mid-season departure.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby chuckfrombc on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:17 pm

I hope leaving works out better for him than it did for JAGS. Whatever happened to "I will work my ass off and prove I am too valuable to sit on the bench." This kid needs to learn that no one wants a kid who blames the coach or the old boss for his failure. Spaz should have been able to convince him to stay, as leaving is not a good decision and the odds are stacked against it working out in Josh's favor.
chuckfrombc
Carney Hall

Postby joemack13 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Why are the odds stacked against him? I don't think this is a bad decision. What does he lose? He's not going to the NFL playing for this team, why not take a chance? Granted if he goes to some college that is irrecognizable academically I could reverse my decision. He's got plenty of reasons for wanting to leave, though...
joemack13
Campion Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium