Another great OOC game scheduled

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Another great OOC game scheduled

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:57 pm

With Flutie, Rouse and Dudeck, we may as well form a league with UMass, UConn, Holy Cross and Xaverian Brothers.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:58 pm

what good does bc experience from scheduling uconn? at best, we win while suffering through their dickhole fans creating a less than enjoyable gameday experience (just think about that for a second) and at worst we lose...

there is no point to playing uconn in any sport. period.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby StratEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:59 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:what good does bc experience from scheduling uconn? at best, we win while suffering through their dickhole fans creating a less than enjoyable gameday experience (just think about that for a second) and at worst we lose...

nothing could be worse than chris crane (second fcs game)...
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:00 pm

butt cut {l Wrote}:The roadblock is BC–and UConn. Whether it is ever cleared depends on Bates and UConn AD Warde Manuel,

Blauds is wrong again. This is not Bates' call. It depends on Bill Leahy.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:00 pm

Bates will take the brunt of the criticism, but he and Addazio both want a soft schedule. This year they blamed NM State. Next year they will blame Ireland. "Since we lost a home game, we needed to agree to something just to get an extra date back at Alumni." Never mind that Ireland will be more lucrative than a Labor Day Weekend home game against an FCS team would have been.

As I've written before: if BC ever wants a premium Power 5 game all they have to do is go on the road or call ESPN for one of its neutral site openers. LSU played in the Carrier Dome last week! The games are there if you are willing to take a risk.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:01 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:I know I'm walking into another shit-storm here, but this would be a great deal. If we're going to schedule 2 G5's every year, 1 of them should be UConn or UMass. In fact, I'd be ok if we just alternate UConn and UMass for foreseeable future. At the very least it would prevent boring shit like Kent State, Northern Illinois and Colorado State from happening too often.

Bates, bite the bullet and just lock-it up. Push for 2:1:1's with two at Alumni, 1 at UMass/UConn, 1 at Foxboro/Fenway. (Without giving UConn 30K of Fenway for their "home game" of course. Even split at Fenway.) You'll face blowback, but 5 years from now it will be accepted.

(Flutie, Rouse, Obama, Playing UConn or UMass annually).

I would prefer Kent State over Uconn, I would prefer Fordham, Holy Cross, St Peters, Don Bosco.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:03 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:what good does bc experience from scheduling uconn? at best, we win while suffering through their dickhole fans creating a less than enjoyable gameday experience (just think about that for a second) and at worst we lose...

There is even less of a point playing NMST, Ball State, Bowling Green, UCF, Central Michigan, Kent State, Colorado State, and Northern Illinois. G5 schools will always be all-risk-no-reward. At least there may be a bit more casual fan interest to bring up the pathetic attendance to these games, even if it is filled with mouth-breathers.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:04 pm

a game against uconn in any sport is worse than chris crane AND al skinner combined
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:05 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Bates will take the brunt of the criticism, but he and Addazio both want a soft schedule. This year they blamed NM State. Next year they will blame Ireland. "Since we lost a home game, we needed to agree to something just to get an extra date back at Alumni." Never mind that Ireland will be more lucrative than a Labor Day Weekend home game against an FCS team would have been.

As I've written before: if BC ever wants a premium Power 5 game all they have to do is go on the road or call ESPN for one of its neutral site openers. LSU played in the Carrier Dome last week! The games are there if you are willing to take a risk.

This is exactly what we will hear when FIU is announced. GT in Dublin...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:09 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

There is even less of a point playing NMST, Ball State, Bowling Green, UCF, Central Michigan, Kent State, Colorado State, and Northern Illinois. G5 schools will always be all-risk-no-reward. At least there may be a bit more casual fan interest to bring up the pathetic attendance to these games, even if it is filled with mouth-breathers.

so expanding the exposure of our school and football team to folks outside our typical area of coverage has no point.

i guess i agree - let's play uconn, harvard, bu, salem state, suffolk u and all the other teams that are in our area and will bring fans to our stadium. that is the only factor that matters and your plan will help eaglekeeper get his corners filled in.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:09 pm

And again, the benefit of playing local G5's is that we might be able to get creative with neutral sites. I obviously am just pulling this out of my ass, but a 2:1:1 with UConn with the 4th game being at Foxboro or Fenway sure beats having to schedule straight up home-and-homes with more geographically isolated G5's or to fill the schedule with the worst possible team willing to sell us a home game for the lowest possible price.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:09 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:At least there may be a bit more casual fan interest to bring up the pathetic attendance to these games, even if it is filled with mouth-breathers.

I'll pass on the opportunity to catch a beer bottle on the side of the head, but thanks anyway.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:10 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

so expanding the exposure of our school and football team to folks outside our typical area of coverage has no point.

i guess i agree - let's play uconn, harvard, bu, salem state, suffolk u and all the other teams that are in our area and will bring fans to our stadium. that is the only factor that matters and your plan will help eaglekeeper get his corners filled in.

Maybe we should try to bring in more than 30K fans from the millions that live within 5 hours before we start talking about becoming a national brand.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:13 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Maybe we should try to bring in more than 30K fans from the millions that live within 5 hours before we start talking about becoming a national brand.

would we need to change the colors of alumni stadium to uconn's school colors to help their fans feel more welcome? anything else you think we could do to try to attract opponent's fans to our home games?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:21 pm

Attendance means jack shit in the grand scheme of things. It's just embarrassing.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:21 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

would we need to change the colors of alumni stadium to uconn's school colors to help their fans feel more welcome? anything else you think we could do to try to attract opponent's fans to our home games?

Hypothetical future G5's scheduled with UConn and UMass:
Year 1: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, UMass
Year 2: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, UConn @ Foxboro
Year 3: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, @ UMass
Year 4: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, UConn
Year 5: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, UMass @ Foxboro
Year 6: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, @ UConn
Year 7: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, UMass
Year 8: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, UConn

Or:
Year 1: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, FIU
Year 2: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, @ Miami (OH)
Year 3: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, Houston
Year 4: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, Miami (OH)
Year 5: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, UTEP
Year 6: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, @ Houston
Year 7: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, Akron
Year 8: Baby Rapist, FCS, Decent G5 or Mediocre P5, Fresno State

You seriously prefer the latter?!?!
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:24 pm

I'd rather play Holy Cross than uconn.

Talk about a whalepants dilemma when having to choose between these two.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:25 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Attendance means jack shit in the grand scheme of things. It's just embarrassing.

I really disagree. If we can get the season tickets back up and consistently bring in 40K annually instead of 34K, it allows Bates the freedom to occasionally go with 6 game home schedules in order to schedule better home-and-homes. If we stay at 34K, there's huge pressure to always be at 7 games, which means a really, really, shitty 7th game. And likely shittier 6th games as well.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:26 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Attendance means jack shit in the grand scheme of things. It's just embarrassing.

I really disagree. If we can get the season tickets back up and consistently bring in 40K annually instead of 34K, it allows Bates the freedom to occasionally go with 6 game home schedules in order to schedule better home-and-homes. If we stay at 34K, there's huge pressure to always be at 7 games, which means a really, really, shitty 7th game. And likely shittier 6th games as well.

You're comparing peanuts to peanuts.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:26 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I'd rather play Holy Cross than uconn.

In my world, we're playing both. The FCS team should alternate between Holy Cross, Fordham, UNH, Maine, URI, etc. with Holy Cross and Fordham getting on the schedule every 4 years. Jesuits!
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:27 pm

Oh, and if you think they are playing shitty teams to get an extra home game rather than because they mostly want to play shitty teams, I have a bridge to sell you in Pittsburgh.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh, and if you think they are playing shitty teams to get an extra home game rather than because they mostly want to play shitty teams, I have a bridge to sell you in Pittsburgh.

mike vick's bridge or roethlisberger's bridge?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:38 pm

Ugh. He went full Foxborough. Never go full Foxborough.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:41 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Hypothetical future G5's scheduled with UConn and UMass:

Or:

yes. by a lot
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:44 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I'd rather play Holy Cross than uconn.

Jersey Guy continuing to pump his uconn agenda ....

blauds: BC has a NConf scheduling hole next season. It should be filled with UMass (done) and UConn. http://t.co/qHo14Sd82F

Scheduling Uconn so there mouth breathing mongoloid fans can travel to Alumni for 1 game is a ridiculous reason to do so. They do nothing for BC besides a guaranteed win, schedule UMass, Holy Cross or Harvard instead. Does the exact same thing and we dont have to deal with the delusional fan base
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:47 pm

rbktr or whatever is a uconn troll?

and spot on bloggie

and maybe its just me, but id rather take a loss in gainsville or socal w a home game on the back end of it over 2 wins over NIU // whoever any day of the week.

in 5 years i won't be able to tell you about our record...however, i will be able to tell you about going to the coliseum to watch bc play and about the USC night game. hell i can't even remember half the home games from last year.

i get why they want the wins though
Last edited by commavegarage on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:47 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Ugh. He went full Foxborough. Never go full Foxborough.

I slipped a UConn "@" Fenway in there too...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Iggle on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:05 pm

The UConn hangup seems weird. That their fanbase apparently cares so much about BC would make a loss a little more annoying than any other CSU-esque loss, but I wouldn't blink if they were scheduled as a G5 game every so often.

Speaking of mouthbreathing fanbases, though, I do want to see WVU on the schedule at some point.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:28 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Hypothetical future G5's scheduled with UConn and UMass:

Or:

wouldn't that require Bates to schedule a p5 opponent?

something he hasn't done in his 3 years here
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:28 pm

Iggle {l Wrote}:The UConn hangup seems weird. That their fanbase apparently cares so much about BC would make a loss a little more annoying than any other CSU-esque loss, but I wouldn't blink if they were scheduled as a G5 game every so often.

Speaking of mouthbreathing fanbases, though, I do want to see WVU on the schedule at some point.

Wait, what is this shit?
Last edited by twballgame9 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium