Another great OOC game scheduled

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Another great OOC game scheduled

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:25 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Temple and Rutgers make better sense for recruiting. Army is always a decent draw. SMU owes us a home game.

If we schedule Rutgers, you know it won't be in addition to a marquee P5 matchup. THAT will be our P5 for the year. Thankfully Rutgers is booked for the next decade or so, so Bates can't pull that shit on us.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:09 am

Rutgres also follows the Bates model of scheduling
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:18 am

Salzano14 {l Wrote}:Rumors swirling that next year's schedule is rounded out with FIU and Wagner

In addition to the other games this sounds thrilling
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:19 am

rutgres = uconn = no thank you
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:33 am

Temple seems like a no brainer. I'd also think Cincinnati should be a consideration, as well as one of the directional floridas. U(not)SF or UCF or FIU
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:38 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Temple seems like a no brainer. I'd also think Cincinnati should be a consideration, as well as one of the directional floridas. U(not)SF or UCF or FIU

but why would we want to go to florida? no one plays football there! we should stay behind our wall around new england and play maine, unh, and maybe even tufts
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:36 am

North Texas seems like another good matchup, or Rice. Or Houston
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DrJackRyan on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:49 am

BB wants UCONN and UMASS

Per today's Herald

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/college_football/2015/09/bc_notebook_health_plan_pays_off_for_bc

Work Big East revisited

There is an informal dialogue ongoing between Chestnut Hill and Storrs, Conn., to add UConn to BC’s home schedule in 2016. BC has UMass on its slate for next year at Alumni Stadium. Eagles athletic director Brad Bates likes the idea of having the three New England FBS schools playing each other on a regular basis.

“There have been talks, but it’s just talks and nothing definitive to report on it,” said Bates.

Bates and UConn AD Warde Manuel both played football for coach Bo Schembechler at Michigan. UMass AD Ryan Bamford needs to fill out an independent schedule once the Minutemen leave the MAC. UMass is tentatively scheduled to play UConn and BC next year.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:00 am

So basically that is just the same report as Blauds.

Oh, and glad we got Keyes back for this weekend's game! Wow that is lazy
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:12 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:So basically that is just the same report as Blauds.

Except they actually got Bates on the phone to comment about it (and really say nothing).

And what was the Keyes thing? Didn't see it in the article so maybe they caught it and updated
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:19 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:So basically that is just the same report as Blauds.

Except they actually got Bates on the phone to comment about it (and really say nothing).

And what was the Keyes thing? Didn't see it in the article so maybe they caught it and updated

When I click the Dr. Jack like I get a pic of Medhi and Keyes from stock footage on an article about this year's team
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:01 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:rutgres = uconn = no thank you

So...after getting lost on the interwebs and...somehow...ending up on the-boneyard, I was reading a bit about the last time BC played at UConn. I don't think I was aware of how bad it was. Even their fanbase seems appalled by what BC fans were subjected too. Needless to say, I now understand much of the reluctance from you guys.

With that said, UConn >>>>>>> FIU for next year.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:06 am

walrus, when are you going to learn that local matchups and playing for attendance is really stupid? Ticket sales mean nothing, and all you are doing is inviting droves of mouthbreathers to the campus to watch a bad matchup that no one from the good football areas of the country wants to see.

Playing FIU is 10000000000000000x better than ever playing UConn. Cuse is our local rival, deal with it. UConn and UMass will never have peer programs.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:16 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:walrus, when are you going to learn that local matchups and playing for attendance is really stupid? Ticket sales mean nothing, and all you are doing is inviting droves of mouthbreathers to the campus to watch a bad matchup that no one from the good football areas of the country wants to see.

Playing FIU is 10000000000000000x better than ever playing UConn. Cuse is our local rival, deal with it. UConn and UMass will never have peer programs.

I stopped reading (not really though) after "playing for attendance is really stupid." How will we ever fill in the corners if we can't sell out? Or, more seriously, how can we justify to the Board and Leahy that football deserves the $ investment in facilities like an indoor practice facility, if the team isn't more profitable. I'm for whatever it takes to get more people in the stands! Even if it means mouth-breathers.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:32 am

i wish this was a purdue website so someone could put together a pie chart to explain to walrus what a small percentage of the football revenue is generated by ticket sales
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:42 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:walrus, when are you going to learn that local matchups and playing for attendance is really stupid? Ticket sales mean nothing, and all you are doing is inviting droves of mouthbreathers to the campus to watch a bad matchup that no one from the good football areas of the country wants to see.

I stopped reading (not really though) after "playing for attendance is really stupid." How will we ever fill in the corners if we can't sell out? Or, more seriously, how can we justify to the Board and Leahy that football deserves the $ investment in facilities like an indoor practice facility, if the team isn't more profitable. I'm for whatever it takes to get more people in the stands! Even if it means mouth-breathers.

You aren't this retarded.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:50 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i wish this was a purdue website so someone could put together a pie chart to explain to walrus what a small percentage of the football revenue is generated by ticket sales

For BC and most schools. For the very few large state schools that can charge huge prices and have 100,000K seat stadiums, it could be as much as 25% of gross revenue, ignoring what it costs to maintain the stadium and host the games.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:58 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}: I like to eat my own feces.

You aren't this retarded.

yes he is. just ask his it department
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:12 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Where is the image of the hog shitting on its own giant ball sack?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:16 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

Where is the image of the hog shitting on its own giant ball sack?

did you lose it among all your pictures of shenis?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:18 pm

yes
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:26 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:46 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:how can we justify to the Board and Leahy that football deserves the $ investment in facilities like an indoor practice facility, if the team isn't more profitable.

Adding an additional 5k in ticket sales for one game is a drop in the bucket for the program's profitability. In fact, attendance over 6-7 games for BC is a splash. All our profitability comes from the ACC TV Deal.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:48 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:how can we justify to the Board and Leahy that football deserves the $ investment in facilities like an indoor practice facility, if the team isn't more profitable.

Adding an additional 5k in ticket sales for one game is a drop in the bucket for the program's profitability. In fact, attendance over 6-7 games for BC is a splash. All our profitability comes from the ACC TV Deal.

and flynn fund donations
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:49 pm

If the goal is to sell another 5,000 tickets, just ask your donors to buy those seats and give them an additional parking pass for every 4 seats that they purchase. Let the donors be your sales force and stop leaving parking spaces and seats empty every game.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:56 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:If the goal is to sell another 5,000 tickets, just ask your donors to buy those seats and give them an additional parking pass for every 4 seats that they purchase. Let the donors be your sales force and stop leaving parking spaces and seats empty every game.

I bet if we filled in the corners we could sell another 5k tickets.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:14 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:If the goal is to sell another 5,000 tickets, just ask your donors to buy those seats and give them an additional parking pass for every 4 seats that they purchase. Let the donors be your sales force and stop leaving parking spaces and seats empty every game.

shut up low hanging fruit grabbing hansen
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby LowHangingFruit on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:52 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

hansen is the fucking worst. not only does he not shut up but now he's trying to steal my job.
he should stick to being the wobbly h with jhiggi and walrus.
LowHangingFruit
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:10 pm

LowHangingFruit {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

hansen is the fucking worst. not only does he not shut up but now he's trying to steal my job.

shut up, n00b. you're two posts in and already worse than hansen
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:01 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
LowHangingFruit {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

shut up, n00b. you're two posts in and already worse than hansen

Uh oh. TRE is talking to himself.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium