Another great OOC game scheduled

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Another great OOC game scheduled

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:04 pm

Well there are only like 6 posters on this board so it's probably more common than you think.

Please don't ban me, oh mighty Murt.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:04 pm

http://www.courant.com/opinion/letters/ ... story.html

Apparently a drunken UConn fan suckerpunched a 60-year old veteran at the Navy game this past week. Reconsidering...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:14 pm

I've come around on the idea of playing the Puppy Pound in football, but with serious caveats.

I don't think we should do anything less than 2 for 1's with them and we shouldn't play them in years where we already have UMass & an FCS scheduled. Our non-conference schedule is awful enough as it is without adding even more terrible opponents to it.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:17 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:I've come around on the idea of playing the Puppy Pound in football, but with serious caveats.

I don't think we should do anything less than 2 for 1's with them and we shouldn't play them in years where we already have UMass & an FCS scheduled. Our non-conference schedule is awful enough as it is without adding even more terrible opponents to it.

This is exactly my preference. Alternate UMass and UConn. I really don't know if we can get 2:1's. I don't know how many teams are still getting those. Maybe 2:1:1's. 2 at Alumni, 1 true road game, 1 neutral site with maybe like a 60-40% revenue split to the "home" team and a 50-50% ticket split. Use Foxboro or even Fenway (assuming this year's Fenway game is a success).

p.s. I fully acknowledge that I know nothing of the business of scheduling college football games or if this is even remotely how these things are done.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:59 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:I've come around on the idea of playing the Puppy Pound in football, but with serious caveats.

This is exactly my preference. Alternate UMass and UConn. I really don't know if we can get 2:1's. I don't know how many teams are still getting those. Maybe 2:1:1's. 2 at Alumni, 1 true road game, 1 neutral site with maybe like a 60-40% revenue split to the "home" team and a 50-50% ticket split. Use Foxboro or even Fenway (assuming this year's Fenway game is a success).

p.s. I fully acknowledge that I know nothing of the business of scheduling college football games or if this is even remotely how these things are done.

This is how you get 2:1s

Bates: We want a 2:1 or we aren't playing you

UConn AD: Not happening

Bates: Fuck off then, enjoy East Hartford. We'll play Bowling Green

UConn AD: Well...
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:10 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

This is how you get 2:1s

Bates: We want a 2:1 or we aren't playing you

UConn AD: Not happening

Bates: Fuck off then, enjoy East Hartford. We'll play Bowling Green

UConn AD: Well...

Or, based on the Blauds info:

Bates: We want 2:1.

UConn AD (whatever poor suicidal bastard that is: No way.

Bates: Well then we'll just close out the '16 schedule with FIU.

UConn AD (from East Hartford Psych Ward on Suicide Watch): You wouldn't...

Bates: It's a step up from Howard....

UConn AD: You bastard....

BINGO
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:30 pm

5 game series 3:2, both Umass and UConn would go for it

UConn schedule isn't all that bad, they play Army, Navy, Nova, Temple. Maine and MO, NIU and Howard are better?

BC should book NYC area games with Army, Rutgirls get NJ exposure, try to book Navy to get exposure in recruit rich DC area
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium