What's your grade for Bates thru 2.75 years

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: What's your grade for Bates thru 2.75 years

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:oh, and gene got OSU on the schedule. bates moved it further down the road. we were initially on their books for 18/19 or so

No, Bates landed it for 20/21 and moved it to 22/23

i gotta look up the chatlogs on here. saw your article...maybe there were rumblings or something? just couldve sworn it was gene.

but i also couldve sworn the bricks were bates so i dont really trust my memory here
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:07 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:oh, and gene got OSU on the schedule. bates moved it further down the road. we were initially on their books for 18/19 or so

No, Bates landed it for 20/21 and moved it to 22/23

i gotta look up the chatlogs on here. saw your article...maybe there were rumblings or something? just couldve sworn it was gene.

but i also couldve sworn the bricks were bates so i dont really trust my memory here

The OSU thing happened right after Bates got here and the brick thing happened right before. I thought Bates did the brick thing too, but I was wrong.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:40 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC should not be playing Mississippi State OOC. Especially not for a 2 and 1 with no home game.

Why not? I would love to play them. We shouldn't do a 2 and 1 with any team.

If they are the only top OOC team on the schedule, fine. But if it is a year BC has ND already, aim a little lower than the SEC. It's a travesty that this isn't locked up, but compounding the mistake by getting molested is not a great solution.

I thought you meant in general you would not want to play Miss St. I would rather play them, or almost any other SEC school, than 0.0hio St.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:44 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:BC should not be playing Mississippi State OOC. Especially not for a 2 and 1 with no home game.

If they are the only top OOC team on the schedule, fine. But if it is a year BC has ND already, aim a little lower than the SEC. It's a travesty that this isn't locked up, but compounding the mistake by getting molested is not a great solution.

I thought you meant in general you would not want to play Miss St. I would rather play them, or almost any other SEC school, than 0.0hio St.

I feel like your Ohio state hatred is dated seeing as every SEC school and the majority of our own conference is as bad as ohio state is all things cheating. But I forget why you hate them so much.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:52 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I feel like your Ohio state hatred is dated seeing as every SEC school and the majority of our own conference is as bad as ohio state is all things cheating. But I forget why you hate them so much.

tyrelle pryor was his lover but never traded domingo any memorabilia for a tramp stamp
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Basketball:
- Fan Experience: B+. Good moves with changing the student section seating and implementing a loyalty program among the students to improve attendance. Only so much we can do with unexciting, bad basketball and nerdification.

All this tells me is you havent gone to a game in years. Student attendance has worsened

The causal connection between student attendance and the mystical powers of the AD is lacking. Same goes for Gameday Experience.

Excuses for facilities are a different story.

This. Those are two good moves, is all I said. It's a good step. Tell me what else can be done short of threatening to cancel the annual quiddich tournament if the current students don't show up to support the team.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:42 pm

If we play a game against a school in Mississippi, then it had better be against Ole Miss. :skank
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:53 pm

It's easy to sell out the stadium and fill up all of the parking spaces, but that is not what BC wants. The financial plan was put into place by GDF and it is very difficult to make significant changes to it. The design of the plan was to increase revenues and prepare for the massive loss of parking spaces around the stadium due to campus construction. In order to off set the loss of ticket sales due to less parking spaces, DBS was introduced. The increase to 5k on Shea is to make room for the indoor practice facility.

The downside to all of this is thousands of empty seats, small number of season ticketholders and a terrible gameday atmosphere that makes recruiting very difficult. Also, it's very difficult to replace 5k donors and to attract new DBS season ticket holders. It's doomed to failure because of attrition and a stadium with zero amenities to attrack high paying customers. It's akin to a movie theater renovation price wise, but without any seating upgrades.

The answer is probably less capacity, but every seat is a club seat with access to a plush club room. That will cost at least 100 million in renovations and ironically require the filling in of the corners to accommodate the chair seats, club rooms, restrooms, access points and to meet the building codes. The capacity would be in the 40-45k range at best. Baylor's stadium would be a good example. These amenities would attract new fans who would prefer to tailgate inside the stadium. The price point of the season ticket would include a garage parking pass. I would assume that we will see a 200 million capital campaign for athletic facilities announced at the conclusion of the light the world campaign.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:44 am

I don't understand the appeal at all to playing them. Even Baylor makes more sense
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:50 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Ohio St is way more fun. There's no way I'm going to Starkville (wherever it is) to watch a game but the Horseshoe would be awesome.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:41 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:It's easy to sell out the stadium and fill up all of the parking spaces, but that is not what BC wants. The financial plan was put into place by GDF and it is very difficult to make significant changes to it. The design of the plan was to increase revenues and prepare for the massive loss of parking spaces around the stadium due to campus construction. In order to off set the loss of ticket sales due to less parking spaces, DBS was introduced. The increase to 5k on Shea is to make room for the indoor practice facility.

The downside to all of this is thousands of empty seats, small number of season ticketholders and a terrible gameday atmosphere that makes recruiting very difficult. Also, it's very difficult to replace 5k donors and to attract new DBS season ticket holders. It's doomed to failure because of attrition and a stadium with zero amenities to attrack high paying customers. It's akin to a movie theater renovation price wise, but without any seating upgrades.

The answer is probably less capacity, but every seat is a club seat with access to a plush club room. That will cost at least 100 million in renovations and ironically require the filling in of the corners to accommodate the chair seats, club rooms, restrooms, access points and to meet the building codes. The capacity would be in the 40-45k range at best. Baylor's stadium would be a good example. These amenities would attract new fans who would prefer to tailgate inside the stadium. The price point of the season ticket would include a garage parking pass. I would assume that we will see a 200 million capital campaign for athletic facilities announced at the conclusion of the light the world campaign.

i bet you are really good at monopoly but not very good at life
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:45 am

I don't know who you play Monopoly with, TRE, but that just ain't going to get it done at the beach house where I come from.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:37 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:That will cost at least 100 million in renovations and ironically require the filling in of the corners to accommodate the chair seats, club rooms, restrooms, access points and to meet the building codes.

I do admire your consistency.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:11 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Ohio St is way more fun. There's no way I'm going to Starkville (wherever it is) to watch a game but the Horseshoe would be awesome.

I would rather go to Mississippi state, I imagine the local talent is now attractive. Plus last Ohio state bc game I went to was ugly.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:16 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I would rather go to Mississippi state, I imagine the local talent is now attractive. Plus last Ohio state bc game I went to was ugly.

id always rather go to a game vs a top SEC opponent vs a top B1G opponent

id rather to a game vs a top Pac 12 opponent over both
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:34 pm

I can't think of a single place with a major college opponent that makes Starkville Mississippi look fun. Maybe West Lafayette, Indiana?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I can't think of a single place with a major college opponent that makes Starkville Mississippi look fun. Maybe West Lafayette, Indiana?

How quickly you forget Morganstown, West Virginia.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:55 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I can't think of a single place with a major college opponent that makes Starkville Mississippi look fun. Maybe West Lafayette, Indiana?

boise, idaho

manhattan, kansas

lawrence kansas

winston-salem, nc

lincoln, nebraska
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:12 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

boise, idaho

manhattan, kansas

lawrence kansas

winston-salem, nc

lincoln, nebraska

I've been to many of those places and they're better than Starkville and Waco.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:22 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

boise, idaho

manhattan, kansas

lawrence kansas

winston-salem, nc

lincoln, nebraska

i've been to all of those places multiple times (with the exception of boise, to which i've only been once) and i can't imagine an sec town being worse than any of those places. that said, my knowledge of mississippi is tunica so maybe i don't know what the hell i'm talking about
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:24 pm

id roll the dice on any sec town being better than winston salem. especially for a football weekend
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:19 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

boise, idaho

manhattan, kansas

lawrence kansas

winston-salem, nc

lincoln, nebraska

i've been to all of those places multiple times (with the exception of boise, to which i've only been once) and i can't imagine an sec town being worse than any of those places. that said, my knowledge of mississippi is tunica so maybe i don't know what the hell i'm talking about

That's like saying Elizabeth is better than Boise because you went to AC once.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

boise, idaho

manhattan, kansas

lawrence kansas

winston-salem, nc

lincoln, nebraska

That's like saying Elizabeth is better than Boise because you went to AC once.

i drove from memphis so there was an hour of mississippi i got to see just fine out the car window. kind of like my experience with elizabeth even though i grew up less than 30 minutes away
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:44 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:If we play a game against a school in Mississippi, then it had better be against Ole Miss. :skank

We could play a 9 for 1 against Ole Miss and I'd make the trip to Oxford every time.
Last edited by EagleDave on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:47 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

boise, idaho

manhattan, kansas

lawrence kansas

winston-salem, nc

lincoln, nebraska

Waco has had a great deal of development done around campus and Baylor's new football stadium. Pretty nice area as long as you don't drift out into the barren wasteland that is actual Waco.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:45 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The answer is probably less capacity, but every seat is a club seat with access to a plush club room. That will cost at least 100 million in renovations and ironically require the filling in of the corners to accommodate the chair seats, club rooms, restrooms, access points and to meet the building codes. The capacity would be in the 40-45k range at best.

Eaglekeeper, you are tenacious. Reminds me of the paperboy seeking his $2 in Better off Dead.

Keep dreaming those big dreams. I'd love to visit "Eaglekeeper Corner" someday.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The answer is probably less capacity, but every seat is a club seat with access to a plush club room. That will cost at least 100 million in renovations and ironically require the filling in of the corners to accommodate the chair seats, club rooms, restrooms, access points and to meet the building codes. The capacity would be in the 40-45k range at best.

Eaglekeeper, you are tenacious. Reminds me of the paperboy seeking his $2 in Better off Dead.

Keep dreaming those big dreams. I'd love to visit "Eaglekeeper Corner" someday.

you can live that dream today. eaglekeeper corner has already been established in his mom's basement
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Snooks Kelly on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:25 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Breaking it down by sport:

Basketball:

No brainer firing of an awful coach. Replacement coach, TBD. Certainly doesn't look to be an "A" hire though. Verdict still out. Attendance at high school levels still.

Hockey:

Nothing. Let's keep it that way.

Which brings me to football...

1. Coaching: Hired Addazio, who has gone 14-12, 2 1-AA wins, 2 awful bowl losses. Obviously these next two years are gonna define his time here.
2. Scheduling: Absolute disaster. Last second fill-ins, 2 1-AA teams this year, no desirable OOC games scheduled. Still have considerable gaps down the road.
3. In stadium improvements: Solid. New video boards are nice, i thought he installed the brick around the field but could be wrong. Seems like there are decent new food options.
4. Gameday experience: Very poor. I've seen zero improvement on the tailgating situation, no additional time added, and obviously the nazification of shea field.

I give him a generous "C". Hockey hopefully he'll never touch, which leaves basketball and football. Christian has by no means impressed me (though I'll give him a few seasons), and Bates has done nothing (or has produced no results) on doing anything to improve the atmosphere, get more students to go, and get more people in general to games. On the football side, tailgating has gotten anywhere from the same to much worse, the schedule situation is awful, and we've gotten two mediocre season of football.

I'm curious because I get the sense that people think of him the way most think of Adaziani, they were so worn down by Spaz (and Gene) that anything seemed better.

As we get close to the end of his third year, I count very few pluses, a lot of neutrals, and some negatives on his report card.

Was looking at his bio to see how long he's been here, I think Greenarthur needs to add a :laughs: to this

"Bates has instituted sweeping changes in football gameday parking, pregame hospitality, game atmosphere and customer service. The changes were based on feedback from current and former season ticketholders who attended "town hall" style meetings and more than 1,400 responses to a follow-up survey."

---------------------------------------

Also - this was the email I got about my shea spot.....

Thank you for your patience during this year as we have reviewed the Shea Field policies and procedures. The aim all along has been to maintain a family friendly atmosphere with the safety and enjoyment of our guests who hold Shea passes being paramount.

The following summarizes some of the broad changes associated with Shea Field in 2015. Please note that upon choosing Shea Field for the season your Parking Statement of Agreement will outline in greater detail some of the intimate details and operational aspects of this plan.

Shea Field will transition to a reserved parking area. Pass holders will receive an assigned numbered parking spot. This replaces the first-come, first-served policy of previous years. This also relieves the burden of meeting up with friends outside of campus to park near each other as we can assign spaces per your request.
Pass holders will receive 20 Shea Field tickets to distribute to their guests to gain access to Shea. The implementation of ticketed access guarantees that guests of pass holders will always gain entry, as walk-ons who do not have a ticket will not be permitted to access Shea Field.
The anticipated Flynn Fund contribution for Shea Field will be $5,000, and $2,500 for GOLD. Parking is assigned first-come; first serve at the GOLD rate once the full donation is made. Should demand exceed supply we will contact you with alternate parking options.
Gold alumni may pool gifts from up to a maximum of 20 individuals to qualify for Shea Field Parking.

Donors who make a qualifying gift and select Shea Field for the 2015 season will have the opportunity to provide their parking preferences to the Flynn Fund to assist in the allocation process. You will receive separate correspondence via mail from our office that will include information about the parking allocations process and how to provide our office with your parking preferences for next year.

We recognize the release of these policies comes at the end of our fiscal year and understand that many people chose to wait for final policies to be released for Shea Field prior to making their gift to the Flynn Fund. Our office is committed to assisting you with your football parking needs and will work to process gifts following the May 31st deadline. Should you wish to make the qualifying gift for Shea Field parking, please contact the Flynn Fund office at (617) 552-0772. Gifts can also be made online by using the link: http://www.bc.edu/giving/athletics. Regardless, a staff representative will be personally reaching out to you to ensure your personal situation is addressed.

Thank you again for your patience. Please know we are still working on alternative entertainment and game experience activities. We truly appreciate your ongoing commitment to Boston College Athletics in support of our student-athletes.

Sincerely,
Bryan

--
Bryan Amos
Assistant Director, Flynn Fund
Boston College Athletics
Conte Forum 320
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Office: (617) 552-0145
Fax: (617) 552-8039
http://www.bceagles.com
http://www.bc.edu/athleticsgiving

If he plays nice with BC High maybe the baseball team can use this field.

http://www.bchigh.edu/podium/default.as ... nid=791925
Snooks Kelly
n00b

Postby hansen on Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:58 pm

It's a shame to see how far Shea field has fallen.
I remember back in 96 people used to bitch how tame Shea field and BC in general had gotten... I would take pre-zeros in a heartbeat.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:12 am

His first act was to kowtow to Pedo State fans and their upzerd victim complex, so he started out with an F. I'm still salty about that in case you haven't noticed.

Firing Spaz was neat.

Leaving the hockey program alone, check.

Where is the new god damn baseball stadium?

Adazzio was a solid B hire. The "national search" was a sham though.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium